Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zirak
Oct 17, 2018

Floppychop posted:

I've had other things show NOT FOUND, but it was random stuff like white leather gloves as decorations in an area so I didn't think much of it. It's been happening since the last patch.

I saw it when hovering over Shadowheart's proficiencies on her character sheet yesterday, weirdly. Two entries saying Not Found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Zirak posted:

I saw it when hovering over Shadowheart's proficiencies on her character sheet yesterday, weirdly. Two entries saying Not Found.

Harsh. She already has such low self-esteem

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lady Shar demands the utmost secrecy from her children.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Got to act 2 in my HM run. Some interesting things

Playing with the party limit begone mod you have some issues but none have bricked this run. First, sometimes when you rest you will just see everyone sleeping and it won't change. All you have to do is cycle through the other party members and eventually it fixes itself. Second - after you get on that boat to the Grymforge in the Underdark if you have all 7 party members with you three of them will disappear. To fix this, dismiss the party members who are there, get back on the boar and go back to the beach - that should do it.

In the Shadowlands I went straight to Moonrise because I wanted to see if I did the Minthara thing right. Problem was the damage is very real near the tower and half of my team died and turned into undead zombies. I saw this coming and split half the team away and let the others die and then fast traveled to try to res them. The option wasn't there and I noticed there names werent skulls on the npc list. So I switched to them and saw them wondering around with the status of undeath. Including my PC. What I had to do was go to moonrise, break into the necromancer's room and take the moonlantern. Then I had to go to my party members, kill them and then go back and res them. And it worked on 1 of them. But the other two were res'd as zombies! It's because I blasted them into water and I guess that didn't kill them and remove the status. I killed them right next to Withers who got hit a couple of times and was like "nicely hit well done" lol.

As for Minthara I have her in my party now, she stands very close to Halsin lol. I don't know if I'll be able to romance her though because I've already got a romance going with Shadowheart and me and Minthara didn't have the scene after the Grove. I should be able to figure it out after getting more approval from her.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zirak posted:

Weirdly in character, tbh

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got the returning pike so decided to go throwbarian, is there any MCing that really benefits that? Thief for the extra bonus action?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

if you kill astarion in the camp cutscene where he tries to bite your neck at night, the usual sleep cutscene plays, except astarion will be dead in his bed, surrounded in blood, glowing green (from the Speak with Dead spell). Bug or feature?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Jay Rust posted:

if you kill astarion in the camp cutscene where he tries to bite your neck at night, the usual sleep cutscene plays, except astarion will be dead in his bed, surrounded in blood, glowing green (from the Speak with Dead spell). Bug or feature?

In my current HM run I failed the medicine check on the boar and my character didn't know Astarian was a vampire yet. The conversation with the hunter in the bog was completed different with Astarian fishing for info and trying to deflect the conversation at the same time. Then he stabbed the guy in the eye (robbing me of precious XP at the early stage) and covered up the whole vampire thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

bird with big dick posted:

Just got the returning pike so decided to go throwbarian, is there any MCing that really benefits that? Thief for the extra bonus action?

You can do 5 Berserker, enough to get a second attack and 3 in Thief for the extra bonus action. From there you have some flexibility, I've seen people do 2 Fighter 2 Spore Druid. I like doing 4 Eldritch Knight because getting Bonded Weapon at Level 9 helps to smooth over the awkward stage where Returning Pike damage starts to drop off but you don't yet have access to the legendary trident in Act 3. Plus I like having another feat.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

TraderStav posted:

In my current HM run I failed the medicine check on the boar and my character didn't know Astarian was a vampire yet. The conversation with the hunter in the bog was completed different with Astarian fishing for info and trying to deflect the conversation at the same time. Then he stabbed the guy in the eye (robbing me of precious XP at the early stage) and covered up the whole vampire thing.

I accused Astarion of being a racist after that and he was sooo offended. Cold blooded murderer he'll cop but a racist cold blooded murderer pssshaw

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

5 levels of Beserker Barbie; 3 levels of Thief rogue for the extra bonus action, 4 levels of Fighter for action surge - champion if you want the extra crits, Eldritch knight if you want to be able to make any weapon into a returning weapon (helps you bridge the gap between the two main returning weapons in the game but not sure it’s worth losing the crit over)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

In the whispering depths I just noticed the location where you can climb down a cragged rock and wade in the river but as far as I can tell there isn't anything down here and it doesn't lead anywhere, am I missing something?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As far as I know that's just an alternate path you can take so you don't get caught on the web bridge when encountering those phase spiders.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In the whispering depths I just noticed the location where you can climb down a cragged rock and wade in the river but as far as I can tell there isn't anything down here and it doesn't lead anywhere, am I missing something?

I think it's just there so that if you accidentally burn the web bridge your entire party doesn't fall to their death

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm thinking of doing 1 cleric selune for mp purposes, 11 levels of vengeance paladin to get all the sick smites and two attacks. Anything else I should do instead of 11 paladins instead? I really like the enhanced smite attack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Paladin 6 / Sorc 5 lets you twincast Haste while keeping Aura of Protection for +3 to saving throws, which is huge. Then you can keep 1 point in Cleric for flavor if you like. But it's up to you!

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Had the NOT FOUND bug show up a few times since patch 5, but the most bothersome one was when all the text in one scene was affected so I couldn't tell what the options even were. Luckily I didn't care about talking them down, I wanted their loot and slammed the attack button instead.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Act 3 nearing the end game question: should I take down gortash or Orin first? I kinda want to get orins blades and get to play with them before the ending.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Act 3 nearing the end game question: should I take down gortash or Orin first? I kinda want to get orins blades and get to play with them before the ending.

Orin is easier to kill and isn't attached to a whole bunch of collapsing questlines. I'd save the other as one of the very last things you do.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Entropic posted:

Shadowheart just decided she really doesn't wanna talk about those broken statues after all:

(the red message came up if I tried to click option 1)

saving during the conversation choices and loading fixes this.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Shard posted:

I'm thinking of doing 1 cleric selune for mp purposes, 11 levels of vengeance paladin to get all the sick smites and two attacks. Anything else I should do instead of 11 paladins instead? I really like the enhanced smite attack.

I’d be tempted to take 5-7 levels of cleric for all the good spells then take paladin for the rest. Paladin doesn’t get much between level 2 and 11 other than the extra attack at 5. That way you can put up spirits of vengeance and wade into combat.

Alternatively, I’m still convinced sword bard 6/paladin/2/champion fighter 4 is one of the best builds in the game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Geekboy posted:

More than 1200 hours and I just now found out who Shovel is.

Yeah, found the scroll on every play through but never ended up casting it because it was completely unclear that it granted a permanent summon ability instead of a one-shot like any other scroll that you end up “saving for when I really need it” which turns out to be never.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Entropic posted:

Yeah, found the scroll on every play through but never ended up casting it because it was completely unclear that it granted a permanent summon ability instead of a one-shot like any other scroll that you end up “saving for when I really need it” which turns out to be never.

You scribe it as a wizard. Then you can cast it whenever

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I’d be tempted to take 5-7 levels of cleric for all the good spells then take paladin for the rest. Paladin doesn’t get much between level 2 and 11 other than the extra attack at 5. That way you can put up spirits of vengeance and wade into combat.

Alternatively, I’m still convinced sword bard 6/paladin/2/champion fighter 4 is one of the best builds in the game.

The big things Paladin gets between 2 (smites) and 11 (improved smite) are their saves aura at 6 and oathbreaker's CHA to damage aura at 7. Still, taking 4-5 additional levels of paladin to get those is... I dunno. Paladin spells are not that exciting other than as smite fuel imo, though Vengeance gets Misty Step and Haste. Honestly there are a ton of very strong PC combinations around a high-charisma bard/paladin/warlock/fighter so you can't really go wrong.

I'm angling towards something like what you describe for my final build, still noodling around with combinations. Blade pact warlock 5 to use CHA as your weapon stat (and an extra attack) can combo nicely with oathbreaker paladin 7 and/or Arcane Synergy. You can get Arcane Synergy from the Diadem (when you inflict a condition, this is less powerful than previous patches) or the Ring (grants Synergy when you deal damage with a cantrip). Late game you could potentially combo the ring with items to make your bard's Vicious Mockery a bonus action, which would trigger Synergy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey if Scratch dies while summoned out in the world, does he die in real life?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Act 3 spoiler Killed Orin and got her armor, but something's fucky

Oh good it's not just me then.

Speaking of that fight, I did it for the first time last night. (Deep Act III spoilers) Is the 1v1 Orin duel supposed to be unwinnable? I guess maybe if you're a melee/tank Durge you could pull it off but my relatively squishy Ranger/Rogue was literally torn apart in one turn by the Orin monster form. Since the Durge story continues with your defeat I'm sort of assuming that's the expected outcome.

Also, as I near the endgame and am starting to see how everyone's ending choices are taking shape, I really like how if you want you can be the leader of a team that absolutely refuses to learn from their mistakes. Gale goes all in on "this time my insane scheme to show up my ex get power will totally work!", Astarian and Shadowheart perpetuating their cycles of abuse, Wyll starting to truly believe his bullshit persona, etc. It's great.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

The big things Paladin gets between 2 (smites) and 11 (improved smite) are their saves aura at 6 and oathbreaker's CHA to damage aura at 7. Still, taking 4-5 additional levels of paladin to get those is... I dunno. Paladin spells are not that exciting other than as smite fuel imo, though Vengeance gets Misty Step and Haste. Honestly there are a ton of very strong PC combinations around a high-charisma bard/paladin/warlock/fighter so you can't really go wrong.

I'm angling towards something like what you describe for my final build, still noodling around with combinations. Blade pact warlock 5 to use CHA as your weapon stat (and an extra attack) can combo nicely with oathbreaker paladin 7 and/or Arcane Synergy. You can get Arcane Synergy from the Diadem (when you inflict a condition, this is less powerful than previous patches) or the Ring (grants Synergy when you deal damage with a cantrip). Late game you could potentially combo the ring with items to make your bard's Vicious Mockery a bonus action, which would trigger Synergy.

Personally I think bard/paladin is far more powerful than warlock paladin. Taking 5 levels of a class just for the extra attack is silly - the rest of warlock’s stuff doesn’t really compliment what a paladin does, it’s an alternative. Bard flourishes add damage and effectively make each of your attacks 2 attacks, full damage smites and all.

I’m not sure the diadem is worth using post patch. Wasting a bonus action on vicious mockery just for the synergy isn’t great. Most weapons have a bonus action like pommel strike or flourish that can also trigger smites, and when you get to act 3 you’ve got the rapier that lets you do an extra attack as a bonus action, amongst it’s other crazy powers.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The point of Warlock/Paladin is twofold: being able to use Short Rest Spell Slots for your smites so that you aren't long resting after every encounter, and Blade Pact (or Hexblade in tabletop) letting you use CHA for your attack stat so you don't have to worry about micromanaging either STR or DEX. Bard/Paladin can put out some silly damage numbers if you're only expecting to do one fight before Long Resting but Warlock/Paladin is incredibly self-sufficient, alleviates a weakness of Paladin (running out of spell slots for Smites) and basically only cares about CHA and CON, which is what makes it such a popular multi.

Like I have no idea where you got "Warlock doesn't compliment Paladin" because that is literally the wrongest thing I've ever heard.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I don't want to drop 5-6 Bard because it's just great for both dialogue and skill checks and combat, fun all around. I'll end up with some combination of swords bard + paladin, I'm just theorycrafting a build where you could double or triple-dip CHA for your weapon damage.

My original plan was swords bard 5 + oathbreaker paladin 7. Compared to your bard6/paladin2/fighter4 it trades action surge, improved crit from champion, and a fighting style for paladin spells and auras. Probably a wash overall imo.

edit: don't forget that in non-Honour mode, blade pact warlock 5 + oathbreaker paladin 7 gets you three attacks in addition to letting you double-dip on CHA for damage. I don't wanna give up my swords bard stuff though :v: Warlock/paladin is my favorite setup for Wyll though, it feels very thematic for him.

A hasted warlock/paladin is one of the top couple builds for damage output in non-Honour mode (Honour mode removes stacking of warlock and martial extra attacks and changes Haste) and probably still in Honour mode. You get 6 attacks (3 in Honour) with 2x CHA bonus damage and then add in all the smites.

Also, bard melee flourishes don't do two attacks on a single target unless I'm missing something, that's only with ranged flourish. If you can position to hit two guys in melee then that's where melee flourish gets bonkers.

melee slashing flourish = +1d6-10 damage attack in a small arc, potentially hitting more than one baddie
ranged slashing flourish = fires two shots with +1d6-10 damage each, you can shoot both at the same target (doubling your attacks) or at two different targets

Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 18, 2023

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Oh good it's not just me then.

Speaking of that fight, I did it for the first time last night. (Deep Act III spoilers) Is the 1v1 Orin duel supposed to be unwinnable? I guess maybe if you're a melee/tank Durge you could pull it off but my relatively squishy Ranger/Rogue was literally torn apart in one turn by the Orin monster form. Since the Durge story continues with your defeat I'm sort of assuming that's the expected outcome.

Also, as I near the endgame and am starting to see how everyone's ending choices are taking shape, I really like how if you want you can be the leader of a team that absolutely refuses to learn from their mistakes. Gale goes all in on "this time my insane scheme to show up my ex get power will totally work!", Astarian and Shadowheart perpetuating their cycles of abuse, Wyll starting to truly believe his bullshit persona, etc. It's great.

I won but it was very dicey since I was a Sorcerer. I had a lot of buffs on including Warding Bond but still lost almost half of my 186HP.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Act 2 Honor Mode has been a true disasterpiece so far. Despite my best preparations Isobel walked right into a megacrit from Marcus and was abducted, killing everyone in Last Light. Fortunately I had the good sense to speak to Dammon first to upgrade Karlach's heart, but RIP to everyone else. When I got to Moonrise Towers all the guards were already aggroed on me for some reason and I got the short "you know what, just kill them" cutscene from Ketheric. So I've had to battle my way through the entire tower, which has been a mess but also kind of cathartic. The only NPCs who don't want to kill me are Roah Moonstone and the drow with the blood fetish. Despite having 3 STR characters in the party Astarion is too much of a bro to make him drink her blood this time around.

It's amazing how short this act is gonna be with Shadowheart dead and Last Light fallen. It's quite grim but my party is gettin' real swole and can handle it.

That's pretty funny. This is why honour mode is fun though because poo poo goes tits up and instead of scumming you just deal with it. Isobel came real close to getting abducted in my run. She was down to 1hp before I got a sanctuary off on her and righted the ship. Alfira also almost died which would have been devastating because I wanted that robe real bad.

Roah Moonglow is one of my most hated npcs in the game and it takes a lot of restraint not to murder her smug rear end the first time I see her in the goblin camp. But I always feel rather cathartic in Act 3 when I gun her down when she tries to flee with the gold.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

See I normally kill her in Act 1 with the rest of the goblins but in this run I ended up needing her badly to buy all my poo poo! So you never know who your true friends are.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

See I normally kill her in Act 1 with the rest of the goblins but in this run I ended up needing her badly to buy all my poo poo! So you never know who your true friends are.

Iirc to do that you have to attack her first because whenever I start with the Goblin leaders she disappears.

Never tried killing her that early. I usually begrudgingly keep her alive because she's a decent merchant through two acts

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

She’s pretty close to Priestess Gut’s room so IME it’s not uncommon to have her proximity aggro. This time I just took all the explosive barrels from the storage room and blew up Gut with surgical precision.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

She’s pretty close to Priestess Gut’s room so IME it’s not uncommon to have her proximity aggro. This time I just took all the explosive barrels from the storage room and blew up Gut with surgical precision.

Gut will happily talk to you alone in a side room where she can be killed without any hassle

I never even noticed Roan the first time I played

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

With the new method of recruiting Minthara can you be a Durge now and keep her alive and in party? Seems like they'd be fun together.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't kill Roah so I can pickpocket her many times. I don't like robbing neutral or good merchants

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Grem posted:

With the new method of recruiting Minthara can you be a Durge now and keep her alive and in party? Seems like they'd be fun together.

I don't see why not. I'm in a non Durge play but I knocked her out and recruited her just fine despite keeping the Tieflings alive. I don't see why a Durge wouldn't be able to do this and even if you do the bad Durge stuff in Act2 I think you'd still be able to rescue her from the tower as doing so has nothing to do with the people at Last Light Inn.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't kill Roah so I can pickpocket her many times. I don't like robbing neutral or good merchants

Lmao I'm glad I'm not the only one. I like to sell a bunch of stuff to Esther at the Creche and then steal from her until she aggros. And then I feel zero guilt about killing her because she's an rear end in a top hat.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
yeah one of the most fun aspects of a multiplayer game or Honour mode is the reduced or removed temptation to savescum your preferred outcomes and instead you gotta just roll with it. One of the strongest parts of BG3 as a game is its reactivity, it's imo up there with F:NV in terms of how much it will react to your actions and everything is designed around allowing you to fail skill checks and gently caress things up and still progress without breaking the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I'd rather hang out with the Githyanki than the Duegar any day of the week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!