Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

...OK we all like to have fun here but you absolutely need to stop posting until you fix your av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

frankly pentyne and 16bbh should sue SA to find out who is accusing them of liking huge anime titties.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
theyre ftw but i dont like them

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Do NOT buy me an anime tiddy avatar. Do NOT red text that I jerk off to anime titties!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Leal posted:

Do NOT buy me an anime tiddy avatar. Do NOT red text that I jerk off to anime titties!!

looks like they already got you too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anime ftw

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Al! posted:

looks like they already got you too

lmao gently caress :negative:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Leal posted:

/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

those arent the death threat posts they are mad about it was this one

goon telephone is out of control

i'm gonna kill you, posting poster

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sleng Teng posted:

uh hey pentyne... nice av

these guys bothering you ma'am

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

...OK we all like to have fun here but you absolutely need to stop posting until you fix your av.

ok i think i fixed it. how does it look

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
your feet are going to fall off if you keep doing that

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

that's just what mileena's feet look like. it's lore

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Not sure how I feel about this arc

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Leal posted:

Anyone remember the thread where a poster made a thread in QCS about getting an AV that said they liked anime titties and had a massive meltdown when everyone made fun of them?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sincx posted:

Which forum or forums your issue is related to (if any)

The "Other's Avatar" purchase process

A concise summary of your issue

I was just "gifted" an avatar that is not only harassing and degrading, but also untrue and lacks any basis.

There's no accountability for people who buy defamatory avatars, and no formal appeals process for getting them removed.

Honestly, this "avatar harassment" system feels like an immature and harmful relic of the Lowtax days, and has more than worn out its welcome. All it does is let people with a lot of disposable income haze other users without accountability or responsibility. This "dog eat dog" revenue generation system fit Lowtax's MO, but I think it's past time the forums moved on from that.

At the very least, I'd like this avatar removed/blanked. But I think an overhaul of the entire other's avatar purchase system is necessary. Make it so that only forum users in good standing can purchase avatars for others, and either (a). make it so avatar purchases for others are public, or (b). make it so that the recipient of an avatar have the option to blank out a gifted avatar. (Restoration of the previous avatar could still require payment, to keep some revenue going.)

Examples of the issue, if you have them

The harassing avatar I just received.

Any relevant conversations you may have had with forum moderators or admins

I thought there was a thread in QCS for requesting removal of harassing avatars, but I don't see any.

the lawsuit threat

sincx posted:

Accusing someone of " furiously masturbating to anime titties " without evidence or basis in most boards would be grounds for a probation. Why should it be allowed an avatar attack form?

I still think that:

"this "avatar harassment" system feels like an immature and harmful relic of the Lowtax days, and has more than worn out its welcome. All it does is let people with a lot of disposable income haze other users without accountability or responsibility. This "dog eat dog" revenue generation system fit Lowtax's MO, but I think it's past time the forums moved on from that.

What positives is it bringing to the forums, beyond some marginal revenue? Is that revenue worth the harassment and degradation?

Then I would need to file a civil suit against DOES 1-10, and serve a subpoena on Jeffrey of YOSPOS asking for the records regarding the avatar purchase, to figure out who actually purchased the avatar. I think no one wants that to happen.

also seems to love the dog eat dog metaphor

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Disgusting.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

pentyne posted:

the lawsuit threat

a goon once tried to break the dog eat dog metaphor and got perma'd for it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

the lawsuit threat

i think the guy complaining so much about being accused of masturbating to anime titties might be trying to hide something. to be honest

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hey sexy lady. Op op op opppo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hey sexy lady. Op op op opppo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

speng31b posted:

sadly if 16bbh posts "(blows you away dual wielding the klobbs from goldeneye)" we will be forced to interpret this as a highly credible threat of physical violence

not if you are more than 30 feet away from him

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406123329100054530/1186425098127822938/l52XN6UHMF_wOJP_.mp4

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Holy poo poo hahahaha

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

phils right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's right.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Not sure how I feel about this arc

I noticed that as well. Flat feet are no joke.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

oh my god

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010