Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Jewmanji posted:

Hey guys. New to this thread. I've recently gotten really into worms and all things related to worms. I heard there are some worms in Dune, is this true? Would someone with a burgeoning interest in worms like this book? I don't love unnecessary sex scenes, tia.

All the sex scenes in the first book are fine

Nobody fucks the worms though, if that's what you're fishing for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

Hey guys. New to this thread. I've recently gotten really into worms and all things related to worms. I heard there are some worms in Dune, is this true? Would someone with a burgeoning interest in worms like this book? I don't love unnecessary sex scenes, tia.

This is the thread for worms

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there's some weird sex poo poo in the later books. but the big worm has no dick.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I have no dick and I must cream

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

:ibadpop:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

uber_stoat posted:

there's some weird sex poo poo in the later books. but the big worm has no dick.

He has the memory of every orgasm in history that he can relive at will

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
It's funny to think that, if the Other Memory actually works through some genetic/physical mechanism and isn't Pure loving Magic, there would hardly be any memories from old people in it. Thousands of generations' worth of memories, but they're all horny 20 somethings and the occasional old guy with his third wife.

Which... would actually explain a lot.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It's funny to think that, if the Other Memory actually works through some genetic/physical mechanism and isn't Pure loving Magic, there would hardly be any memories from old people in it. Thousands of generations' worth of memories, but they're all horny 20 somethings and the occasional old guy with his third wife.

Which... would actually explain a lot.

I mean it would also be one single paternal line going backwards which isn't really how it's depicted

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

finally, paul vs. feyd-rautha is depicted the way it was meant to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64mu8IHIFo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I don't know about Butler but Little Timothee has been one with the xbox controller since he was a teen. Truly the heralded coming

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Soul Dentist posted:

I don't know about Butler but Little Timothee has been one with the xbox controller since he was a teen. Truly the heralded coming

You hold one trigger to aim and the other to shoot, who taught you this?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
my name is a gamer word

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you for joining me, Paul. Thufir Hawat has served House Atreides for three generations. He swears you are the finest gamer he has ever taught. Yueh, Gurney and Duncan say the same. It makes me feel very sad that you've wasted your life on this shoot em up poo poo. Have you thought about touching grass

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYAcrSOuaQ

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Shoehead posted:

You hold one trigger to aim and the other to shoot, who taught you this?

It just seemed the most appropriate way.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
your nuts are resting on your dead opponent's face, desert fashion

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here.' So stop complaining that I'm stealing your kills.

— from "Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - pulling it out, and running faster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leroy Jenkins, running head first into the shield wall before the atomics go off

God dammit, Leroy

— from "Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"You let me into your game from the lobby without looking, Paul."

"I heard you call someone a few gamer words, Thufir."

"Those slurs could have been faked!"

"And I'd have known the difference."

He might have, at that, thought the Mentat.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Long live the Gamers!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Not the blood, sir. But all of a man’s Mountain Dew, ultimately, belongs to his people - to his tribe. It’s a necessity when you live near the Great Chip. All Dew’s precious there, and the gamer body is composed of some seventy percent Mountain Dew by weight. A normie man, surely, no longer requires that Dew."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was a friend of Jamis

Press 'F' To Pay Respects.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The banquet scene, but it's all pizzas that Mrs Atreides has ordered in for her son and his nice friends

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Press 'F' To Give Water To The Dead

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

1984 Dune spit coffee cutscene, running around the spit jar like

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Flakey posted:

'P' To Give Water To The Dead

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYPQH8SJM6A

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
press X to bend

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

maybeadracula posted:

Press 'P' To Give Water To The Dead

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just watched the trailer for Dunkachino Part 2 and I thought it was cool that the music was the Atreides pipes and drums theme from the first film.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought it was cool that 20,000 years in the future bagpipes are the only recognizable instrument to survive based solely on their capacity to terrify and annoy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Arakis was made to train the faithful.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
In the far future people have enjoyed the ability to create bagpipe noises with their own vocal cords

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In the future all music will be played on the baliset and will sound suspiciously like Toto.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

In the future all music will be played on the baliset and will sound suspiciously like Toto.

I bless the rains on Arrakis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As surely as Mount Idaho rises like an empress above the Funeral Plane

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

priznat posted:

I thought it was cool that 20,000 years in the future bagpipes are the only recognizable instrument to survive based solely on their capacity to terrify and annoy.

I used to think pagpipes were a uniquely British Isles instrument but apparently they used to be all over the place, someone called them "the electric guitar of medieval Europe".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the house of atreides deserves to burn for their crimes against sound. the baron did nothing wrong