Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The things listed in that legal document? Yes I did them but,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

smoobles posted:

what's this about X getting banned in Europe

I don't know what you're reading but it's just an investigation at the moment. Into

- illegal content
- information manipulation (literal fake news et al)
- moderation and other measures in response to the above
- deceptive design practices
- transparency

Corrective and punitive measures range all the way up to effectively ending Twitter. This is literally the first major investigation under this legislation, so that's neat.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_23_6709

e: taunting the head of the investigation in her post on the platform she is investigating is a bold strategy

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 18, 2023

nerox
May 20, 2001

kazil posted:

Nazis really need to know that the Christmas Prince 17 is available to stream now

Those Hallmark style Christmas movies aren't really known for their diversity.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

These other sites are trying and somewhat failing at quelling hate, whereas I'm just not bothering to try in the first place. Why are you treating me differently?

The world's smartest man ladies and gentlemen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hello Elon this is your lawyer speaking, etc etc

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

coconono posted:

or bypassed the whole sentience thing and made an exothermic biological mass they just had to feed nutrients to. like a loving houseplant made of meat.

Much easier to go with pigs. Even if for some reason they still needed a matrix to keep the pigs calm, imagine how much easier to manage a pig matrix is

Just make them some huge safe fields with mud and water and everything they could need, they will be calm and happy forever. Sometimes agent Smith shows up to give them scritches and treats

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those other sites are worse at spreading disinformation, just ask my best friends and hand-picked X stars Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Pobody's Nerfect!" -- Elon Musk

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hello Elon this is your lawyer speaking, etc etc

Speaking of, has there been any movement on the thermonuclear lawsuit yet?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
your honor, i know for a fact that other drivers were more drunk than me that night

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elias_Maluco posted:

Much easier to go with pigs. Even if for some reason they still needed a matrix to keep the pigs calm, imagine how much easier to manage a pig matrix is

Just make them some huge safe fields with mud and water and everything they could need, they will be calm and happy forever. Sometimes agent Smith shows up to give them scritches and treats

pigs can go feral in less than six weeks so imagine an entire matrix full of wildass boar pigs.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

coconono posted:

pigs can go feral in less than six weeks so imagine an entire matrix full of wildass boar pigs.

How many robots could 30 to 50 feral hogc sustain.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hippocrass posted:

How many robots could 30 to 50 feral hogs kill?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A colony of robots powered by lard would probably smell delicious

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

steinrokkan posted:

A colony of robots powered by lard would probably smell delicious

Literal Baconators.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/policies/dsa-enforcement

quote:

Starting from 17 February 2024, the Commission can:
- apply fines up to 6% of the worldwide annual turnover [...]
- apply periodic penalties up to 5% of the average daily worldwide turnover for each day of delay in complying with remedies, interim measures, commitments [...]
- request the temporary suspension of the service

Concerning. :haw:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pull all the european servers, huge savings, he meant to do this all along

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
IMC furiously googling "is Malaysia in EU??" lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Can't fine X if X has zero revenue

Also I see Zuck is building a $100mil apocalypse bunker. Where's your bunker Musk?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

"Don't mention the War Boer!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No, it doesn't

Also, predictably

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Savior of humanity, tremendous website, great job

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
first the CVBRTRKKK and now this! it's like the european union is deliberately targeting elon simply because he blatantly disregards all of their laws and regulations!!

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Haven't heard Musk talk about his AI lately. Is he just going to memory hole it until the engineers can hard code it to say the N word?

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Hazo posted:

Savior of humanity, tremendous website, great job

X Corp. care so little about user safety they haven't even bothered to replace the Twitter logo in the report. :effort:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Less Is Definitely posted:

X Corp. care so little about user safety they haven't even bothered to replace the Twitter logo in the report. :effort:

There's a non-zero chance that they are intentionally leaving the twitter logo for all pieces of communication communicating bad news.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pull all the european servers, huge savings, he meant to do this all along
Yeah, he was always planning to give Bluesky and Thread all the EU users and the EU ads revenue from the start.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

WeaponX posted:

“As a trained hypnotist” is the funniest loving thing lol

Couldn't hypnotise his young bride into not cucking him into corncob oblivion before dumping his rear end though lol

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Azhais posted:

They're starting to look into all these Nazis on Xwitter

I'm not entirely sure what the enforcement is for any fines that might come out of it, or if Elon can just pretend the bills don't exist like everything else

To ban it

The EU isn't perfect, but they stick to their regulations - lots of US News sites (mostly local) are unavailable here because they haven't implemented GDRP

For a while during the early 00s metal slides in Norway had to face northward to avoid overheating because that was an issue in Italy

This might not be true, but don't fact check a good story

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Sir Tonk posted:

A generic democrat jumping right into the tech won't save us series is going to break their brain, Oliver should be a much better way to hold their attention and then allow them to listen to Marx without instinctively blocking all criticism of the meritocracy.

I would say I am not a "generic democrat," but to me the Marx pod was a bit too personal vendetta-y to be taken without a grain of salt. Opening every podcast with "I'm Paris Marx, some have called me the Left's Leading Muskologist" is super cringy and does not give me the sense I'm about to listen to rigorous journalism.

He clearly hates the dude, which is understandable, but also does not give the impression that it's an unbiased look at Elon.

All that to say, it was an interesting series and Elon is a douche, but I think I prefer sources that are a bit less "mad" about their topic.

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 18, 2023

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Aramis posted:

There's a non-zero chance that they are intentionally leaving the twitter logo for all pieces of communication communicating bad news.

I’m guessing they only changed the things that Elon sees or interacts with. He’s never going to report somebody. If he wants someone banned he’ll send an email to have somebody just do it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I can't figure out why but Hitler_Chinese is a username that makes me laugh

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dear user,

We, being very serious and real people, have definitely investigated your report, and have concluded that there is no evidence that HitlerLoverMAGA1488 has broken our policies against hate speech. We understand this may be frustrating.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

?

???

he's been the same

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Those other sites are worse at spreading disinformation, just ask my best friends and hand-picked X stars Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson

Facebook TikTok etc executives must toast every morning they wake up and see muskrat still running the poo poo show without having bankrupted it and keeping the focus entirely on X the Twitter Everything app.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That trillions of humans line from Bezos is like a quote from blade runner lol

Like almost word for word

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The peasants really are just numbers on a spreadsheet for these guys lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

shyduck posted:

?

???

he's been the same

Elon just learned who John Oliver is this morning :ssh:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

holtemon posted:

The peasants really are just numbers on a spreadsheet for these guys lol

Always have been, but covid ripped the mask off of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pretty funny how "being woke" is just like an automatic way to hand wave away anything anyone says about him. Like John Oliver arbitrarily flipped a switch from "not woke" to "woke" sometime in the past and welp sorry now we can't trust anything he says, especially the bad things he says about me!