Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

hadji murad posted:

and the UAE. The two major belligerents of 7+ years of war don't want to do it. I would like to know the reasoning.

Probably because they already did that for years and now Yemen is unkillable. Good work everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
good answers!

more like Good Ansars

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

I think poster Al-saqr may be right

https://x.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1736449619960148032?s=20

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

hadji murad posted:

more like Good Ansars

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dear satan,

I am israeli real estate developer. I get big contract to build condos in gaza but bad palestinians refuse to know their place and be genocided quietly. now I am in danger of loosing contract, please help, I do not know what to do.

*satan reads letter, begins crying*

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ghost Leviathan posted:

See also: The USA, the not-jokes about how veteran's affairs is the real killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHmHnZf2iwE

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

hadji murad posted:

and the UAE. The two major belligerents of 7+ years of war don't want to do it. I would like to know the reasoning.

well, they lost and don't want to touch the hot stove again seems clear enough to me.

e: beaten a bunch but yeah. not everyone is as loving dipshitted stupid as that artillery girl

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a bunch of little palestinian kids abducted, beaten and interrogated. the idf keeps asking the same questions

"what is you relationship to farfour?"

"where is farfour hiding?"

"do you have any younger siblings? are they in diapers? are the diapers comfortable and of high quality?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Time to invade yemen?

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
Da Sharia Zone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

finally

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

KSA loving with Yemen again seems more likely to end up with the Saudis conquered than anything bad happening to Yemen. It makes sense they are reluctant.

Especially since none of the Western powers are gonna send in any troops and years of bombing Yemen hasn’t gotten them anywhere.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

🙏

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

hadji murad posted:

They just resolved that war, the US will be gone in a month or whenever the Gaza genocide stops, meanwhile they would be left fighting the houthis again

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Al! posted:

i think the internalized logic goes: the hated enemy are stupid mindless animals, so if you got ganked by one thats because you were dumber than a beast

I believe it's also why they hate the hostages. The fascist aesthetic of strength demands that they hate any perceived weakness, even among their own people.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Chris hedges is so loving correct all the loving time

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Zohar posted:

norway bahrain and the seychelles are coming for them, they're done.

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1736865214958641251?t=Qt2PFU5F_Tbj7RLgjkQ5pw&s=19

Surely some of these countries have navy boats that can be blown up without superscience

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the UAE logic is quite simple, they are one ballistic missile hitting downtown dubai for their miracle non oil based economy from evaporating

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Jel Shaker posted:

the UAE logic is quite simple, they are one ballistic missile hitting downtown dubai for their miracle non oil based economy from evaporating

The US is run by morons. Why would they WANT UAE and Saudi involved? The only reason this has gone on as long as it has is they're worried about oil price second order impacts. How long do you think it takes for Ansar Allah to launch a missile at port of Jazan or Yanbu if they got involved again. Just idiocy all around

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

they’ve already shown all you gotta do is fly a dji phantom with a grenade taped to it into a cracking tower no missile necessary

honestly surprised that refineries aren’t all surrounded by bird netting like a fruit orchard these days

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

in the future i would liek to request that we not post other social media accounts of random israeli soldiers, thank you

Tech founder from NYC volunteers to serve with IDF: ‘My heart is in Israel’

quote:

New Yorker Noy Leyb was watching images of Hamas terrorists infiltrating Israel in his Upper East Side apartment on Saturday when he decided to ship off to the Middle East and volunteer to serve with his elite unit in the Israel Defense Forces unit.

“No one is expecting me to come – my commanders even said there’s no expectation since I’m not in the country,” Leyb told The Post. “For me, there’s no question. My heart is in Israel. There’s no chance anything would stop me from coming back.”

As co-founder and COO of startup BachPlace – a smart booking platform for group trips – Leyb hurriedly had to cancel meetings and get-togethers and “living my normal American life.” But he didn’t give the decision a second thought.

“That’s on hold – for now, and who knows for how long,” Leyb, 32, said about his career and personal life. “Maybe a day, a week or months from now. I’m leaving here on a one-way ticket, not sure when I’m coming back.”

He spent the early part of Saturday trying to book the first flight to the Jewish homeland and secured the midnight flight.

“I was yelling at the ticket agent, why she couldn’t get me an earlier flight,” he said. “I don’t even know what I packed or what I’m going with, but I just need myself and that’s it.”

Upon arrival, the reservist who first enlisted in the IDF in 2009 at age 18, is bracing himself for a battle.

“This isn’t an operation – I fully expect to go to war,” he said.

Leyb called the IDF “the most moral army in the world,” describing how the armed forces “literally warn terrorists that we’re coming and tell them to move before we neutralize a threat.”

“We value the wives of women and children and innocent civilians,” he said, noting that Israeli soldiers bring terrorists to the hospital for treatment, and drawing a contrast with Hamas, which “puts rockets under schools, and use women and children as human shields.”

The brutal nature of Saturday’s surprise attack, “the savagery, the inhumanity – it’s like we’re in a dream,” he said of the images, including kidnappings, bodies of young and old paraded for sport.

“This is what you see in the craziest action movies. But it’s happening right now.”

He’s not naive about the danger that lies ahead, but he’s unwavering in his determination to face it: “I’m not going to lie, I am scared. I am nervous.”

In the final moments before his flight into the unknown, Leyb, voice cracking, said that he rounded up his Star of David necklace, yarmulke, and prayer book for the trip. He called his parents, said a prayer, and “enjoyed the last moments of civilization.”

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Brogeoisie posted:

The US is run by morons. Why would they WANT UAE and Saudi involved? The only reason this has gone on as long as it has is they're worried about oil price second order impacts. How long do you think it takes for Ansar Allah to launch a missile at port of Jazan or Yanbu if they got involved again. Just idiocy all around

its a mindless corpse like a dark souls king, just doing the things that worked so well a long time ago over and over because their institutions cant do anything else

levers of power now connected to couple of d cell batteries instead of the global hegemonic machine but they can only keep on yanking them

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dipshit Israeli yelled at the ticket agent. shocking

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
A legendary bar and music venue in Toronto just showed their whole rear end by canceling a Palestine benefit concert on the day of the show.

gently caress you, Horseshoe Tavern.

Lukeycoon
Nov 16, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/18/un-security-council-vote-gaza-ceasefire-resolution-delayed

The Guardian posted:

The United Nations security council has postponed a vote calling for a sustainable cessation of hostilities in Gaza to give more time for diplomats to meet US objections to the wording of the draft resolution.

The vote had been due on Monday in New York but the US said it could not support a reference to a “cessation of hostilities”, but might accept a call for a “suspension of hostilities”.

vs

https://twitter.com/Nasr_Amer1/status/1736536327431045251

quote:

For nearly twenty years, we have been waiting for the moment of direct confrontation with America and Israel.

O God, praise be to You for enabling us to fight the lords of disbelief and tyranny.

May God’s peace be upon the martyrs who sacrificed in order for us to reach this stage to which we prayed to God to guide us.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

dti & dta

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

FuzzySlippers posted:

KSA loving with Yemen again seems more likely to end up with the Saudis conquered than anything bad happening to Yemen. It makes sense they are reluctant.

Especially since none of the Western powers are gonna send in any troops and years of bombing Yemen hasn’t gotten them anywhere.

Both the USA and France have boots on the ground in Yemen.

https://theintercept.com/2023/11/02/yemen-israel-us-troops/
https://new.thecradle.co/articles-id/3109

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And yet Americans are desperate for a sort of universal VA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ghost Leviathan posted:

spending $100k a year per recipient and still making them homeless

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

that really sucks

I've been to that place before and really liked it

as they say, never again

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Cold on a Cob posted:

my interpretation is wearing a paper crown makes you an anti-monarchist, which is good :canada:

I like to wear the crown(s) from the crackers around the house for basically the entire duration up until Ukrainian Christmas in January

Far from being an anti-monarchist statement, it is an affirmation of my tyrannical despotism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well now i really want to get ffs take

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

They keep saying the quiet part loud (Dan Carlin also did this) where they admit they don't want to have a democratic state because they know that there would be more Palestinian voters than Israeli ones and they're projecting that they'd use this power to populistly destroy Israelis.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i dont think that part has ever been quiet

ignored, more like

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Mister Speaker posted:

A legendary bar and music venue in Toronto just showed their whole rear end by canceling a Palestine benefit concert on the day of the show.

gently caress you, Horseshoe Tavern.

Horseshoe Theory Tavern

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

well now i really want to get ffs take

I mentioned before that I go to the levee on New Year's Day.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Weka posted:

Both the USA and France have boots on the ground in Yemen.

https://theintercept.com/2023/11/02/yemen-israel-us-troops/
https://new.thecradle.co/articles-id/3109

And yet Americans are desperate for a sort of universal VA

a handful of special forces hanging out is hardly an invasion. Like special forces in most places anymore their mission is likely to play xbox and complain. You aren't getting anywhere in Yemen without tens of thousands of troops clearing out those underground bunkers where they are building poo poo and there's no way that is ever happening unless they can get some locals to do the bulk of the fighting. They definitely aren't going to get KSA/UAE to fight (which also would be sub sub contracting considering they also sub contracted their fighting) and this conflict seems to be helping the Yemen factions get along better.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

was there any doubt that im right :dukedog:

i disagree with chris hedges opener, he assumes that israel will succeed in the current situation, the wont, theyre gonna lose right now. yes they'll kill alot of people but they wont succeed in the current genocidal war.

chris hedges is really good, but he has this way of starting off his point with the most apocalytically depressing and negative outlook.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This bit was too new to me

quote:

Many of Israel’s best educated and young have left the country to places like Canada, Australia and the U.K., with as many as one million moving to the United States. Even Germany has seen an influx of around 20,000 Israelis in the first two decades of this century. Around 470,000 Israelis have left the country since Oct. 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Half a million Israelis can't be wrong.

E: they know it's dying.