Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

Had a killer game where all four survivors brought Bond. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

Hope one of them brought Open-Handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
PSA: Currently the tutorial games (IE: the "real games" where you load directly into a 4v1 with trapper) are bugged and grant Archive progress. You can't do any archives that require a specific perk or killer (because you can't equip anything. even trapper challenges don't work) but if you've been trying to grind out 4 stuns in a match, or totem cleanses, or basement sacrifices, consider using the tutorial to do those.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

This is the build I've been using in duos but it works solid for solo queue, too. I keep coming back to it.

Open-Handed: Increase auras of everyone's aura-reading perks, including your own, by 16 meters.
Kindred: Self-explanatory. Buffed hardstyle by Open-Handed.
Visionary: Shows all generators within 32 48 meters. Everyone always gives me guff for taking this over Deja Vu, but with Open-Handed it goes from "Okay, the three-gen" to "I can see EVERYTHING".
Inner Healing, nee Inner Strength: The Nancy perk that lets you chomp totems then get in lockers for free heals.

It's INCREDIBLY useful to have a heal in your back pocket. Get away with a sneaky locker mid-chase? Now you're fully healed and immediately back into action. Survivor who unhooked you gets chased away? Time to heal yourself. Need a quick heal but everyone's across the map or otherwise occupied? Chomp chomp. Want to give someone a quick protection hit then go back in for another one? Run in, take that hit, go nest in a locker. Everyone's left/teabagging in the gate and the killer's gonna intercept you? He won't be expecting you in the middle of the map chewing on bone shards for sustenance. Sloppy Butcher making it impossible to heal normally? Mangle deez nuts because Inner Healing doesn't give a poo poo.

You definitely have to learn totem spawns otherwise you waste a ton of time looking, but often enough you spawn very close to a totem anyway, and that's five potential free 8-second solo heals in a single match. It's one of the most versatile perks in the game. Especially indispensable in the current Mangled meta.

Between all of these perks, I have a really flexible build that gives me info on the killer, my teammates, my objective, while giving others info and aura boosts, and keeping myself healthy. Very self-sufficiency focused but also benefiting everyone else on the team.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Oh, poo poo, for some reason I thought Open-Handed only worked on survivor auras. I didn't think about extending Visionary with it. That's pretty sweet.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
It also works with the Killer's aura for Kindred, if you're hooked in the courtyard on midwich, everyone can see the killer on pretty much 75% of the map save for the very corners.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
My greatest sorrow was learning Open Handed doesn't work with Wiretap.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sokani posted:

Which is inexplicable bullshit.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Sokani posted:

I am still upset.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently cheating is back on the menu, boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZc7LwGLSg

I haven't seen anything super suspicious, so either cheaters aren't that active at my MMR, they're more subtle at my MMR, or I'm too bad to spot them. But I think I would spot this poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tiny Myers posted:

Visionary: Shows all generators within 32 48 meters. Everyone always gives me guff for taking this over Deja Vu, but with Open-Handed it goes from "Okay, the three-gen" to "I can see EVERYTHING".

I get your mentality on this, but to me Deja Vu is still the clear winner. Constant view of the 3 closest gens is nice, but it's the repair speed bost that makes it MVP over Visionary.

But whatever works for you works. :) I would also never use Inner Healing because I'm awful at spotting totems heh.

I just miss my Resilience/Dead Hard/Self Care/Spine Chill build.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I haven't seen anything super suspicious, so either cheaters aren't that active at my MMR, they're more subtle at my MMR, or I'm too bad to spot them. But I think I would spot this poo poo.

I think it was either Otz or this thread that told me that stream sniping cheats have gotten much more sophisticated lately, so the biggest pieces of poo poo who want to blatantly cheat are also probably wanting to showboat against streamers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

I think it was either Otz or this thread that told me that stream sniping cheats have gotten much more sophisticated lately, so the biggest pieces of poo poo who want to blatantly cheat are also probably wanting to showboat against streamers.

This is 100% what happens. They inject themselves into streamer matches so they can advertise their cheating programs and get sales.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
gently caress yeah I can't wait to pay to not have fun :lmao: cheaters are beyond pathetic

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Which is inexplicable bullshit.
The aura-reading comes from the generator not the survivor

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Game Afoot is in the Shrine for I think the first time...I can not tell you how much fun Rancor Roulette is with that perk.

Game Afoot
Rancor
Hex:The Third Seal OR Fearmonger/Mindbreaker (blindness means obsession doesn't realize Rancor is up)
NOED if you want to be an extra rear end in a top hat

Avoid chases and fights until endgame then just down as many as you can. :)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
also whoever here posted their perma-chase (friends til the end, nowhere to hide, pop goes the weasel, and lethal pursuer + rat poison) chucky build i just wanna say thanks, it has been such incredible fun and now i'm getting low on rat poison and am gonna have to grind up some more asap. i run it with uhhh the yellow add-on that gives you your power back when you miss with S&D, which just allows you to use S&D for the aura reading + gap closing and not feel bad about it if you don't get the hit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

also whoever here posted their perma-chase (friends til the end, nowhere to hide, pop goes the weasel, and lethal pursuer + rat poison) chucky build i just wanna say thanks, it has been such incredible fun and now i'm getting low on rat poison and am gonna have to grind up some more asap. i run it with uhhh the yellow add-on that gives you your power back when you miss with S&D, which just allows you to use S&D for the aura reading + gap closing and not feel bad about it if you don't get the hit.

Heh I don't remember if I posted that but that's one of my builds of fun!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

I get your mentality on this, but to me Deja Vu is still the clear winner. Constant view of the 3 closest gens is nice, but it's the repair speed bost that makes it MVP over Visionary.

But whatever works for you works. :) I would also never use Inner Healing because I'm awful at spotting totems heh.

I just miss my Resilience/Dead Hard/Self Care/Spine Chill build.
Inner Healing is unbelievably addictive once you get the hang of it - you can take it with Small Game or practice totem spawns in customs (take a 4-totem build with killer and have a look around). There are also some videos on Youtube about totem spawns for some maps, though they might be outdated.

I drew this back when I started playing (used to main Claudette) in 2021 - Inner Healing has never stopped being good, turns out, boon meta just needed to pass. Tasty treats for me to eat.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I had a killer game recently where I was 90% sure a Nic Cage was hacking. I would lunge at the usual distance to get a hit (and I play enough M1 killers that I have it pretty well memorized) and I would aaaaalways just barely miss. No other survivor in that lobby gave me that issue.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

I had a killer game recently where I was 90% sure a Nic Cage was hacking. I would lunge at the usual distance to get a hit (and I play enough M1 killers that I have it pretty well memorized) and I would aaaaalways just barely miss. No other survivor in that lobby gave me that issue.

Let me tell you, there are actually way way more subtle cheaters than you think. Its obvious when you put enough time in on a killer and all of a sudden there is a survivor who isn't just cracked, but is inexplicably always slightly out of reach.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

Inner Healing is unbelievably addictive once you get the hang of it - you can take it with Small Game or practice totem spawns in customs (take a 4-totem build with killer and have a look around). There are also some videos on Youtube about totem spawns for some maps, though they might be outdated.

I drew this back when I started playing (used to main Claudette) in 2021 - Inner Healing has never stopped being good, turns out, boon meta just needed to pass. Tasty treats for me to eat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh yeah, those survivors drive me insane. You play this game enough and it becomes muscle memory as to whether you're going to land a hit or not, so the guys always just outside of your reach at all times *really* stick out like a sore thumb

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Oh yeah, those survivors drive me insane. You play this game enough and it becomes muscle memory as to whether you're going to land a hit or not, so the guys always just outside of your reach at all times *really* stick out like a sore thumb

I main Pig. I know practically down to a science when I need to lunge, and sure I miss a few times because I'm not perfect. But when a single survivor is always just slightly too far, every single time, it gets to be a bit suspicious.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hell yes, snowman Dredge came back with Nutcracker David!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Hell yes, snowman Dredge came back with Nutcracker David!

Snowman Dredge owns so much

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Relyssa posted:

Snowman Dredge owns so much

Gonna scare the gently caress out of some people then throw snowballs

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

This is the build I've been using in duos but it works solid for solo queue, too. I keep coming back to it.

Open-Handed: Increase auras of everyone's aura-reading perks, including your own, by 16 meters.
Kindred: Self-explanatory. Buffed hardstyle by Open-Handed.
Inner Healing, nee Inner Strength: The Nancy perk that lets you chomp totems then get in lockers for free heals.

It's INCREDIBLY useful to have a heal in your back pocket. Get away with a sneaky locker mid-chase? Now you're fully healed and immediately back into action. Survivor who unhooked you gets chased away? Time to heal yourself. Need a quick heal but everyone's across the map or otherwise occupied? Chomp chomp. Want to give someone a quick protection hit then go back in for another one? Run in, take that hit, go nest in a locker. Everyone's left/teabagging in the gate and the killer's gonna intercept you? He won't be expecting you in the middle of the map chewing on bone shards for sustenance. Sloppy Butcher making it impossible to heal normally? Mangle deez nuts because Inner Healing doesn't give a poo poo.

You definitely have to learn totem spawns otherwise you waste a ton of time looking, but often enough you spawn very close to a totem anyway, and that's five potential free 8-second solo heals in a single match. It's one of the most versatile perks in the game. Especially indispensable in the current Mangled meta.

Between all of these perks, I have a really flexible build that gives me info on the killer, my teammates, my objective, while giving others info and aura boosts, and keeping myself healthy. Very self-sufficiency focused but also benefiting everyone else on the team.

Gave this build a spin, can confirm it's really fuckin good. What's your take on swapping Inner Healing for Bond? OH/Bond is a rather potent combo, though you do lose the totem healing aspect. Would love some thoughts on it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

The aura-reading comes from the generator not the survivor

Then why does Open Handed increase my Kindred when another survivor is hooked? "Reveal the killer's aura when within so many meters of a thing" should either be increased by Open Handed or not be. Inconsistency is bad.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 19, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Then why does Open Handed increase my Kindred when another survivor is hooked? "Reveal the killer's aura when within so many meters of a thing" should either be increased by Open Handed or not be. Inconsistency is bad.

You are correct, and it absolutely should be more consistent. For whatever reason, they only programmed it to extend aura reading originating from Survivors. Kindred works because it's originating from a hooked survivor. Wiretap doesn't because it's not originating from any survivor. This is dumb and it should be fixed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yikes that's a lot of wasted hours.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Gave this build a spin, can confirm it's really fuckin good. What's your take on swapping Inner Healing for Bond? OH/Bond is a rather potent combo, though you do lose the totem healing aspect. Would love some thoughts on it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :) I feel like Kindred/Bond can almost be overkill - it's not a bad idea, it's all up to personal preference, but for me personally, usually the occasional Kindred gives me enough info to have a vague idea of where everyone is on the map so Bond is a bit redundant. That said, I've done OH/Bond/Kindred sometimes especially for archives like cooperative actions.

Inner Healing is sort of the free space where you can slot whatever you want in there if you have something else you'd prefer more. I've enjoyed Flashbang, Alert, Fogwise, (insert exhaustion perk here), Leader, Prove Thyself, Stake Out, We'll Make It... etc. Having a heal is really solid, but you could probably just replace that with a medkit if you're not an idiot who hates consumables like yours truly.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :) I feel like Kindred/Bond can almost be overkill - it's not a bad idea, it's all up to personal preference, but for me personally, usually the occasional Kindred gives me enough info to have a vague idea of where everyone is on the map so Bond is a bit redundant. That said, I've done OH/Bond/Kindred sometimes especially for archives like cooperative actions.

Inner Healing is sort of the free space where you can slot whatever you want in there if you have something else you'd prefer more. I've enjoyed Flashbang, Alert, Fogwise, (insert exhaustion perk here), Leader, Prove Thyself, Stake Out, We'll Make It... etc. Having a heal is really solid, but you could probably just replace that with a medkit if you're not an idiot who hates consumables like yours truly.

I am extremely an idiot who hates consumables but I'm also a different kind of idiot who cannot for the life of her remember where the loving totems live. I may experiment with that slot, but the other three are extremely solid. I'm also not too proud to admit that you've swayed me on Visionary. Especially on indoor maps it's a godsend.

eta: How do you feel about Plot Twist? No totems needed plus you can do some silly poo poo with it.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 19, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My current build pairs No Mither with Plot Twist. It's 50% a meme flex, and 50% my current favorite thing is saying "gently caress you" to Corrupt Intervention. Had a killer yesterday tell me in end game chat that he almost DCed out of respect when I opened the game by flopping over and unblocking the gens.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I am extremely an idiot who hates consumables but I'm also a different kind of idiot who cannot for the life of her remember where the loving totems live. I may experiment with that slot, but the other three are extremely solid. I'm also not too proud to admit that you've swayed me on Visionary. Especially on indoor maps it's a godsend.

eta: How do you feel about Plot Twist? No totems needed plus you can do some silly poo poo with it.

:kimchi: I will never rest until this entire thread is converted to the Visionary agenda!!! There truly is nothing like going to somewhere like The Game with Visionary+Open-Handed and just being able to see EVERYTHING. Or never getting lost for gens in Midwich ever again. You save so much time just knowing exactly where everything is.

I think Plot Twist is a great idea for a 4th perk, I'll have to try that myself. Sure, you can only use it twice a game if you use it for healing, but two self-heals is pretty significant anyway and it's got plenty of utility outside of it. Anything that provides some kind of self-sufficiency boost in the 4th slot is a really good pick, I think.

rydiafan posted:

My current build pairs No Mither with Plot Twist. It's 50% a meme flex, and 50% my current favorite thing is saying "gently caress you" to Corrupt Intervention. Had a killer yesterday tell me in end game chat that he almost DCed out of respect when I opened the game by flopping over and unblocking the gens.
lmao

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I actually did DC out of respect when someone pulled that on me. It was incredible.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I hate, hate, HATE Pain Res + Dead Man's Switch. At least back in the day you could let go when you saw the hooking animation start, but they changed the timing on it now so that's doesn't work.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

I hate, hate, HATE Pain Res + Dead Man's Switch. At least back in the day you could let go when you saw the hooking animation start, but they changed the timing on it now so that's doesn't work.

Dead Man's Switch is such an irritating perk in general. It's definitely in my camp of "not exactly overpowered, but not fun, either" perks.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Had a Wesker the other day using Dead Man's Switch on a wide open map. It didn't end well for us lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nikumatic posted:

That was mine-glad you liked it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol had a match where I was changing my build at the last second and forgot to replace flip-flop. Kicking myself since it's going to be useless, but after getting downed at the end the killer ran off to try to stop the other survivor from opening the gate, and seemingly failed. I recover to 99% and then get picked up finally, and the hook he wanted was just far enough that the 50% boost let me wiggle, vault and get the gently caress out right before he could down me. Real mistakes into miracles poo poo.