Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Sirianni isn't going anywhere. He might be a crybaby but he's the best coach the Eagles have had since they let the big man go. You can always go back to calling plays with big flash cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

lmao the vibes are so bad, this tells me he's trying to protect Howie

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pederson and Reid were both better

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Hurts Cousins rear end qb

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

eagles offensive personnel is good, but their playcalling and scheming is poo poo. jalen is streaky and has seemed beleaguered this season. the d is a disaster. wins all seem like luck + just raw offensive talent

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 19, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

netizen posted:

Sirianni isn't going anywhere. He might be a crybaby but he's the best coach the Eagles have had since they let the big man go. You can always go back to calling plays with big flash cards.

Pederson brought them a Super Bowl and is the best coach the team ever had

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

That isn't a slight to Andy. He's the second best the team has ever had. But Doug brought a championship to Philadelphia and will be revered forever for it

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Who was the eagles coach who did all the weird stuff

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Chillmatic posted:

Who was the eagles coach who did all the weird stuff

Kelly?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'd put Hurts at 10-11th best qb in the league this season

Lamar Allen Dak Mahomes Stroud Burrow Herbert Stafford Purdy comfortably ahead, Goff Tua Mayfield arguably

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Yeah I think so. Something about tennis rackets and weird diets for the players

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

netizen posted:

The eagles fired its Super Bowl winning coach for a qb whose career immediately imploded. Eagles fans even cheered it on. Lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Until Sirianni comes up with something other than a 15 yard dig I'm not going to crown him as a good coach

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chillmatic posted:

Yeah I think so. Something about tennis rackets and weird diets for the players
Once Chip Kelly cancelled taco tuesday it was over for him (only 50% serious)

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2013/05/13/unreasonable-tyrant-chip-kelly-strips-eagles-of-taco-tuesday-and-fast-food-friday

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

has anyone considered that the eagles team is run down and tired from their schedule? they came into this game having had to play 4 games over the past 4 weeks before this game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm tired of watching them

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shyduck posted:

I'm tired of watching them

The Flyers are a lot of fun so far and look like they're very possibly going to make the playoffs despite being in a rebuild

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

CapnAndy posted:

we're the 2022 vikings except I'm pretty sure they could play defense on 3rd down

You didn't watch that many 2022 Vikings games huh

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

if I were the eagles OC, I'd simply run the ball. if I were Jalen Picks, I'd do more than scramble out of the pocket or toss hero balls, maybe try some loving dink and dunks. if I were the eagles DC, I would redacted

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I mean the defense was fine until the last drive. That's with ticky tack calls going the Seahawks way. I don't see how you blame anyone for that game other than Hurts. He loving blows.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Doltos posted:

I mean the defense was fine until the last drive. That's with ticky tack calls going the Seahawks way. I don't see how you blame anyone for that game other than Hurts. He loving blows.

If he weren't on a monster contract and exceptional at the sneak, he'd have been benched by now

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Hurts is the Daniel Jones of NFC East quarterbacks.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I feel like I never see him doing anything except scrambling and going deep in these old busted schemes

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Doltos posted:

Four out of five conversion rate on 3rd down and 10+ yards to go. That was not a one drive problem.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

biceps crimes posted:

I feel like I never see him doing anything except scrambling and going deep in these old busted schemes

You're not wrong

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
my favorite thing about Jalen Hurts is that he was by far and away the odds-on favorite for MVP less than one (1) month ago

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

davecrazy posted:

Hurts is the Daniel Jones of NFC East quarterbacks.

Top 5 Daniel Jones

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The whole division lost this weekend, now that's the NFCE I know and love

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Hurts stat line was so bad he was basically in the DeVito zone.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

davecrazy posted:

Hurts stat line was so bad he was basically in the DeVito zone.
Hooray, we're gonna get a direct comparison next week

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Clown franchise

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I'd put Hurts at 10-11th best qb in the league this season

Lamar Allen Dak Mahomes Stroud Burrow Herbert Stafford Purdy comfortably ahead, Goff Tua Mayfield arguably

He’s probably the worst

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's all toast to the finest division in the NFL.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Just the greatest division

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Let's all toast to the finest division in the NFL.

Clownball is The Truth and The Way 🙏🏻

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Siriani is toast

The only question I have now is if they move on from hurts or give him another shot. Hard to predict such a complete collapse of a player.

I’d give him one more year with better coaches

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The tone of that article is so smug and obnoxious considering all the insanity that was coming down the pike

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

The tone of that article is so smug and obnoxious considering all the insanity that was coming down the pike

Now I’m remembering how he ran off DeSean Jackson and used media people to smear him as “gang affiliated” and for some strange reason could never get along with his adult black players. Really loved him some Riley Cooper though.

Really shouldn’t blow off a meeting with the owner at the end of the year when the team isn’t really going all that well…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Where did the Eagles pass rush go?
Last year they were insane, this year they aren't. Was Hargrave that key to the line?