Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
From the twitter image description:

quote:

Encircled in green and under an "Up" arrow are: Maw and Paw, Corpse Bride, Climactic Necrotic Explosion, Invasive Shadeleaf, Pip the Potent, Ra-den, Elise Badlands Savior, Shell Game, Velarok Windblade, The Azerite Scorpion, Furnace Fuel, Pop'gar the Putrid, Slagmaw the Slumbering, Khaz'goroth, Horseshoe Slinger, and Barrel of Sludge.

Encircled in red and under an "Down" arrow are: Splish-Splash Whelp, Desert Nestmatron, Arcane Wyrm, Staff of the Nine Frogs,
Keeper's Strength, Prismatic Beam.

At the bottom with a red "Minus" sign is Pyrotechnician.

Buffs to rainbow DK, priest, burgle thief (I just realized I've never seen that rogue legendary in game) and sludge warlock sound interesting. Big nerfs to dragon druid and paladin's AOE tools should also hopefully shake up the meta. Sad that they're about to hit my boy Doc Holli'dae. :froggonk:

Oenis fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmfao I have been trying desperately to climb with Highlander Shaman and Staff of the Nine Frogs getting a nerf while all the classes that stick Shaman’s face in poo poo largely escaping nerfs feels bad man

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder what the CNE change is going to be, reducing the cost to 8 mana? It's not a card you ever really can play before turn 15 or so, can't imagine it's going to be that impactful

glad they're buffing horseshoe slinger, that card was just bafflingly terrible. It's power level felt like a card from 8 years ago

they must be really feeling confident that these paladin nerfs will be impactful if they're preemptively double nerfing druid as well

buffing the barrel of sludge itself could be interesting, I'm curious if they increase the damage to 4 or reduce the cost of the spell by 1 (my guess is the latter)

also lmao another mage nerf

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wonder what the CNE change is going to be, reducing the cost to 8 mana? It's not a card you ever really can play before turn 15 or so, can't imagine it's going to be that impactful

simply give the souls Rush

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Holli’dae is one of the highest winrate cards in the game, so it makes sense as a card to hit, but I’m worried there’s no real reason to play Reno Shaman if they hit it too hard.

Hitting Paladin’s defensive tools and leaving its aggro tools intact seems questionable as well. I guess the reasoning is that most of the aggressive stuff rotates in a few months, while Strength and Beam still have another year, but the aggro stuff has also been hanging around virtually unchanged for much longer and is much more tedious to deal with.

I guess my real hot take for this format is: Thaddius, Monstrosity has never contributed to the format in a positive way.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Thinking on it a little more, Wyrm’s a weird card to hit as well. It’s painfully obvious that they’re dancing around nerfing Sif directly because it’s such a popular archetype, but if that’s the idea, it seems like the real card to hit is Snake Oil. That’s where most of Spell School Mage’s scammiest lethals come from nowadays — before, killing an opponent with a high life total and/or lots of armor required Naz’jaring a good hand, which was a tempo loss and took some time to assemble. Now it’s really easy to piece together 40-50 from-hand damage with basically no sequencing or setup required.

Also conspicuous by its absence is any buffs for Demon Hunter, meaning Naga remains its only relevant archetype.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The correct Doc Holli’dae nerf: weapon to 1 attack or minion to a 3/4 or 6 mana
The nerf Blizzard will give us: Staff of Nine Frogs has less than 9 charges

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I doubt that. I think it will be a 1/9 which is actually a pretty significant nerf.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chernabog posted:

I doubt that. I think it will be a 1/9 which is actually a pretty significant nerf.

Doesn’t invalidate it but it does make it fuckin lame as poo poo against anything but DK I’d guess.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

YES GIVE ME THE RAINBOW DK BUFFS

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
God I hate how Blizzard "balances" Priest. Not one, not two, but three legendaries getting buffs. What the gently caress have they been doing to this class?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Good gravy. 11-1 duel vs an Elise that had the choose +atk/+armor hero power. By the end of the match, they managed to have +16 armor per turn. Hour long match... that I won. :unsmith:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

Hitting Paladin’s defensive tools and leaving its aggro tools intact seems questionable as well. I guess the reasoning is that most of the aggressive stuff rotates in a few months, while Strength and Beam still have another year, but the aggro stuff has also been hanging around virtually unchanged for much longer and is much more tedious to deal with.

The problem is that Keeper's Strength and Prismatic Beam aren't used as defensive cards. The beam is usually cast for 1 or 2 mana and often alongside developing a bunch of 3/3s. And while Keeper's Strength is a little less egregious it still essentially means that unless you can full clear the paladin's board they can just swing it right back from having a single minion still alive

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

lately i've been having an absolute blast with my wild "Machine gun hunter" deck. Gameplan: You have lots of card draw and deck searching. your job: ideally draw an augmented porcupine with scavenger's intuition for a buff. buff it even more with scrap shot. get a castle kennels or two down on the board. if you luck into drawing emperor, try for a discount. most decks dont have full on polymorph style removal. when its time to pop off, drop a big fat porcupine down, give it poisonous by magnetizing venomizer or slapping on a serpentbloom, if you have castle kennels out you can give it rush to kill off the weakest thing, then use any of the myriad deathrattle triggering cards the deck is stuffed with to fire off its deathrattle over and over. its not uncommon to get its power over 10, and firing off its deathrattle 3 times in a turn. poison will wipe out their whole board, then the rest will get sailed into their face. if it somehow doesn't kill them, and they dont have anything but direct damage removal, it'll just blow up and kill them anyway. don't be afraid to make a sacrifice play with a smaller, but still poisonous porcupine if their board gets too spicy, just to buy time to bust out the bigger one. you can get extra copies of any of the key cards with stitched trackers, just as a backup. this deck has a shockingly high winrate, when i just sit down and play it for a while it's usually averaging 70-80%. you have a bit of removal with scrap shot and conjured arrow, both of which advance your gameplan, and scrap can be sent face too if you can math out a lethal with it.

Deck Code

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
This was a lot of fun

was basically fishing for tavern spells at the end, and getting divine shield and windfury on the blade collector just decimated the opponent's boards

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Decided I should do some battlegrounds to knock out the WV quests.

Have you ever seen more perfect scaling? I think not. Just adding an easy 16/16 stats to everything every turn before even spending gold, and an extra 16/16 to the floaty bois.

(I wanted this to last another turn but I annihilated the opponent too hard, just look at the extra demons froze there!)

Also 700s in Wild now, I love this meta.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1 mana nerf for the paladin spells

Splash splash is a 1/1 and matron is a 3/4 now

Staff of the frogs is a 1/9

Arcane Wyrm is a 1/1

Pyrotechnician banned

Reno Elise now summons 5/5s

Pip is a 3 mana 3/3

Shadeleaf deals 10 damage

Ra-den has taunt

Azurite Scorpion no longer has the 8 excavate bonus, instead the 4 generated spells cost 1 less for each excavation (not less than 1)

Velarok needs 1 card from another class to be played to transform

Shell game to 2 mana

Sludge Barrel 3 mana deal 4 now

Furnace Fuel costs 3

Popgar your fel spells cost 2 less

Maw and Paw 2/8

CNE has +1 to all the default numbers (6 damage 3 2/2 souls)

Corpse Bride summons a taunt

Khazgoroth is a 4/5

Slagmaw is dormant for 6 turns

Horseshoe slinger is a 2 mana 1/1

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I hate the sludge changes. There was a fun deck brewing that used sludge and discard synergy to remove and develop at the same time. Now things that discard the lowest cost in hand can hit Trolley Problem or sludges.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I’m disappointed that they didn’t give CNE’s tokens taunt or rush, but that’s okay, I’ll keep playing that garbage

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

fanny packrat posted:

I hate the sludge changes. There was a fun deck brewing that used sludge and discard synergy to remove and develop at the same time. Now things that discard the lowest cost in hand can hit Trolley Problem or sludges.

I wonder if it was intended to be a stealth nerf for the non-Warlock classes. Barrel of Sludge is substantially weaker for classes like Hunter and Mage now.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
drat, that Arcane Wyrm from 1/2 to 1/1 is a significant nerf in mage/paladin matchup. Thank goodness for paladin nerfs but it is hard to catch up if you cannot trade well right off the gate.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Barrel of sludge is bugged when destroyed from your deck, it still does 3.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that Velarok buff is hilarious considering I was running him in Highlander Tess Rogue anyway

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Don’t see those Druid changes making any difference though.

Splish Splash could be 0/0 and die on play and it’d still be a 1 less cost Wild Growth. The stats are totally irrelevant on it, and Nestmatron the same but the other direction; raw stats it was always meh, but it gets buffed in hand so much and so easily. Both nerfs aren’t going to change their selection rates, and only a tiny impact to the deck performance.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Shockeh posted:

Don’t see those Druid changes making any difference though.

Splish Splash could be 0/0 and die on play and it’d still be a 1 less cost Wild Growth. The stats are totally irrelevant on it, and Nestmatron the same but the other direction; raw stats it was always meh, but it gets buffed in hand so much and so easily. Both nerfs aren’t going to change their selection rates, and only a tiny impact to the deck performance.

You’d still play it, sure, but the fact it ramps and can reasonably contest the board is a big part of its power level. The fact that it can no longer trade into X/2s without help is low-key huge.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hell, Splish Splash as a 0/0 is still better than Wild Growth. For the opportunity cost of 'Having a Dragon' (Not a cost, you're playing Dragon Druid, it's basically just a deck construction limitation reworded) it's a cheap Minion to bypass Objection!, it sits in hand being a Dragon to count as a keyword for other cards, and it's otherwise just -1 Cost Wild Growth.

I don't disagree that being able to do those trades was useful, but it's not like Druid cares much about what happens in board state Turns 1-3.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It does, though. Druid loses by getting overrun before it can set up — that’s why the Paladin matchup is so consistently bad. Whelp helps fight for the board without having to sacrifice ramping to your late-game power plays, and now it’s worse at that.

It’s not a bad card now or anything, but they also weren’t trying to kill it. It was doing two jobs before, but now it’s only doing one. It still does its baseline job, but the matchups where Druid was weak before are going to be even worse now, and there might be more decks that can successfully go under it now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sludge warlock feels so awful still. It's unbelievably reliant on drawing your disposal assistants/sludge on wheels early that the deck as a whole feels super flimsy and anemic without them. I really hope there's another sludge card in the miniset because right now it feels way too feast or famine.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

3 Standard Packs via Twitch Prime started being available just now.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

newest tavern brawl is quite the lol with priest. plenty of ways to silence the gift boxes on your side so your opponent gets nothing, and plenty of spells that can wipe all of theirs out instantly (the -2 attack to all that kills at zero is p good for it. forbidden words can be played for zero to pop one instantly too.) and you can stack in buffs like pw:shield to keep the boxes from dying to damage while you fish for silence.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

newest tavern brawl is quite the lol with priest. plenty of ways to silence the gift boxes on your side so your opponent gets nothing, and plenty of spells that can wipe all of theirs out instantly (the -2 attack to all that kills at zero is p good for it. forbidden words can be played for zero to pop one instantly too.) and you can stack in buffs like pw:shield to keep the boxes from dying to damage while you fish for silence.

I used the AV bunker spell that gives your minions +2 at the end of every turn. Very annoying for everyone.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Aishlinn posted:

I added bless and inner fire in the mix as well. Everyone is deck building to kill 0-attack minions and can't handle an 8/8 on turn 3 very well at all. Even if they silence it off it works in your favor since it kills the deathrattle.

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 21, 2023

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Mark of the lotus, it's your time to shine again!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I’ve gotten my rear end beat five times in a row by people playing the basic rear end Core Death Knight deck and I’m gonna toss my phone at the wall

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Overkilled on turn 5 with 28 hp vs. a Warlock with a 1/1 on board, great nerfs guys!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Firebert posted:

Overkilled on turn 5 with 28 hp vs. a Warlock with a 1/1 on board, great nerfs guys!

Welcome to Slime Time Live

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I’ve gotten my rear end beat five times in a row by people playing the basic rear end Core Death Knight deck and I’m gonna toss my phone at the wall

I feel you, I just went from diamond 6 to diamond 8 with my cleave hunter and I lost to some totally lame decks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so Shudderwock just straight up crashes the game now?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I have braved the wilderness of endless Even Shamans and broke into Wild Legend this month! The format is significantly less enjoyable at high Diamond - basically all the fun decks disappear and it's just aggro bullshit. Shout out to the dude in my second-to-last game who was playing Rez Priest (the poor bastard went illuminate->love everlasting-<zerek's cloning gallery on turn three, and lost because Duskbreaker isn't a fair card).

The final list:
### Dragon Reno
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 1x (1) Deafen
# 1x (1) Draconic Studies
# 1x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 1x (1) Renew
# 1x (1) Seek Guidance
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 1x (2) Creation Protocol
# 1x (2) False Disciple
# 1x (2) Firetree Witchdoctor
# 1x (2) Insight
# 1x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (2) Penance
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Amber Whelp
# 1x (3) Benevolent Banker
# 1x (3) Brightwing
# 1x (3) Love Everlasting
# 1x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (4) Cannibalize
# 1x (4) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (3) Sharp-Eyed Seeker
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson

# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Lightmaw Netherdrake
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (5) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (5) Spirit Guide
# 1x (6) Aeon Reaver
# 1x (6) Sunspot Dragon
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Murozond, Thief of Time
# 1x (7) Skeletal Dragon
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Whirlpool
#
AAEBAa0GKIK1Auq/AtHBAsvmAuiJA/yjA5mpA7esA4GxA5i2A5m2A5O6A8i+A9jCA97MA+LeA/vfA/jjA932A62KBIijBIqjBNSsBKG2BLjZBPnbBJfvBKOTBYekBeCkBf3EBc/GBe33Bcz/BcmABsOcBtGcBrieBsmhBq+oBgAAAQPDFv3EBf/hBP3EBaT6Bf3EBQAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

This wasn't optimized at the high-Diamond level. There's enough anti-aggro tools to get by, but honestly the better play was probably to drop being Highlander and lean into Dragon Priest's insane four-drop minion board clears. As-is the deck had a 75% Shaman winrate, 66% Rogue winrate, and 70% Druid winrate up through Diamond.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Cool take on Reno Priest! Is there any particular reason you run Reno hero card instead of Anduin (and no Raza)?