Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is he a decent DC?

Idk why but he does seem just gosh darn lovable. Can’t stay mad at him.

Has he called a defense since 2010? I get the impression that he’s hiring guys and letting them do their thing rather than acting like an executive defensive coordinator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Didn't Bowles cost the Bucs a game or two with some dumb chicken poo poo decisions this year?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Didn't Bowles cost the Bucs a game or two with some dumb chicken poo poo decisions this year?

not that i can think of specifically, the defense being a sieve for long plays and on third down has been a bigger issue

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

"You can't fire your DC when you're on the cusp of barely making the playoffs! :shuckyes:"

-Pete Carroll, probably

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That was last season.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think it's a stretch to say Nick Sirianni's seat isn't exactly cold anymore. It's not hot, but it's not cold.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Desai and Patricia need to be gone tomorrow.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Eagles would have to go out in the first round before Sirianni’s seat goes up even one degree this year. Not completely unrealistic if they draw a team with a competent passing attack like the Rams, but I still like their chances to win a couple games as a 2 seed.

Edit: Another outcome that could raise his temp is the Lions overtaking the 2 seed, then their second game being a blowout loss against dome Jared Goff.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 19, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shyduck posted:

I don't think it's a stretch to say Nick Sirianni's seat isn't exactly cold anymore. It's not hot, but it's not cold.

I think he's gone if they lose in the first round, even more so if they somehow don't win another game (very possible). Lurie isn't gonna be patient.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Especially when it is now obvious that Steichen was the offensive mastermind. Considering the quality of the OL and weapons, the offense is remarkably bland.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1736916390555103594?t=AowcG2fBIxfc28hxGPzLWw&s=19

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1736920184219459641?t=lNKJ8B7fYk98mnLvaXDpqw&s=19

All just words until proven otherwise, but if there's really no financial limitations on hiring a coach, it's a step in the right direction

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

triple sulk posted:

I think he's gone if they lose in the first round, even more so if they somehow don't win another game (very possible). Lurie isn't gonna be patient.

This is a massive take considering this is the most adversity they've faced since he's been there. Yeah, expectations would be set high for the following year. But the dude has still put the team in the playoffs 4 straight years. And was a pube hair from a championship.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bjay9 posted:

This is a massive take considering this is the most adversity they've faced since he's been there. Yeah, expectations would be set high for the following year. But the dude has still put the team in the playoffs 4 straight years. And was a pube hair from a championship.

They will lose six games in a row to finish the season, including two to Tommy Cutlets

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bjay9 posted:

At the same time, they fired Doug Pederson 2 years after winning a Super Bowl. The Eagles are willing to cut bait. I don't think Sirianni's at that point yet, obviously.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SKULL.GIF posted:

At the same time, they fired Doug Pederson 2 years after winning a Super Bowl.
That was the result of some hosed-up power struggle with Wentz, though, I thought.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Doug was a weird circumstance, but if I've seen one constant from Lurie it's that he's not afraid to fire a coach after just one bad season. I'm not saying this season has been bad in a traditional sense, but if next season goes awry, watch out.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

CapnAndy posted:

That was the result of some hosed-up power struggle with Wentz, though, I thought.

yeah lurie wanted to move on from wentz to... hurts lmao

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
On the one hand, I feel like it's absolutely deranged to put a coach who just went to the Superbowl and is currently coaching one of the best teams in the league on the hot seat. On the other hand, he did just put Matt Patricia in a position of power, so...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Especially when it is now obvious that Steichen was the offensive mastermind. Considering the quality of the OL and weapons, the offense is remarkably bland.

I kinda think that might also be Hurts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lmao he's not even close to warm. Y'all are more reactionary than Steelers fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Have we factored that Sirianni is just an unlikeable dickhead into this equation?

https://twitter.com/willbrinson/status/1736955688201355380?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Well yeah, he works in Philly.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

fire matt patricia.

he's a coach this counts

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1736916390555103594?t=AowcG2fBIxfc28hxGPzLWw&s=19

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1736920184219459641?t=lNKJ8B7fYk98mnLvaXDpqw&s=19

All just words until proven otherwise, but if there's really no financial limitations on hiring a coach, it's a step in the right direction

That's signalling they're interested in belichick and would give him full roster control imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

yeah lurie wanted to move on from wentz to... hurts lmao

looking like a bad decision ultimately

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Phobeste posted:

That's signalling they're interested in belichick and would give him full roster control imo

Imagine looking at how NE fell apart and going "yeah, I want that"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Could also take it as him opening the door to Harbaugh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffSchultzATL/status/1736886027770343636

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Desai/Patricia and soon to be Brian Johnson demotion/firing will determine what happens to Sirianni. I personally think he's just the GM's puppet as a first time head coach in the wake of the last guy who got sent out of town in a power struggle because he refused to fire his personel.

If the coordinators aren't 'his guys' then he gets to happy move along but if he draws a line in the sand, he might be out sooner than later.

He's in year 3 of a 5 year deal and as far as I know, there's been no extension talks.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sirriani gets fired, gets hired by Atlanta, still won't use Kyle Pitts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Have we factored that Sirianni is just an unlikeable dickhead into this equation?

https://twitter.com/willbrinson/status/1736955688201355380?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Can you imagine if Sirianni had his same record as a Jets coach? There would be shires to him outside in the parking lot at every tailgate.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Sirianni has taken the Eagles to the playoffs 3 years in a row, a super bowl last year, you are a lunatic if you think he's gone even if the rest of the season goes badly

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Harlock posted:

The Desai/Patricia and soon to be Brian Johnson demotion/firing will determine what happens to Sirianni. I personally think he's just the GM's puppet as a first time head coach in the wake of the last guy who got sent out of town in a power struggle because he refused to fire his personel.

If the coordinators aren't 'his guys' then he gets to happy move along but if he draws a line in the sand, he might be out sooner than later.

He's in year 3 of a 5 year deal and as far as I know, there's been no extension talks.

Yeah, this is the only way he gets fired - after a second power struggle in four years makes the open position untouchable for any candidate with options. He's here for another year, and that's way better than the alternative.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pederson in Philly did better than Belichick post-Brady

and yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Didn't Chip Kelly also have a conflict with Roseman?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Sirianni has taken the Eagles to the playoffs 3 years in a row, a super bowl last year, you are a lunatic if you think he's gone even if the rest of the season goes badly

i don't think you understand- the eagles lost a football game.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, he managed to get control of the roster from Howie, then sucked, and got booted out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

i don't think you understand- the eagles lost a football game.

What the gently caress

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

pmchem posted:

fire matt patricia.

he's a coach this counts

Honorary head coach for 5 minutes so he can get properly poo poo-canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Howie Roseman got put into a broom closet for 3 years then re-emerged with Doug