Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Grats Hawks fans and also, re: the Eagles, lol, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Never lost faith in my beloved Seattle Football Seahawks

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I wanted the Eagles to lose way more than I usually want the Seahawks to lose, so I'm pretty happy right now.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Happy for the Seahawks tonight, that was a gutsy rear end win.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

Never lost faith in my beloved Seattle Football Seahawks

:hawksin:

Drew Lock ain’t been that hyped up since singing along to Jeezy in Denver

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hawks bitch

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
lol and, if I may, lmao

Season somehow still alive bitches! :hawksin:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1736967840190869508?t=O0FHID7njv3hdf_WAKyVIQ&s=19

:hmmyes:

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1736963445239492765?s=20

Been watching this on repeat since the game ended

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

And you won. Weird how that works.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I wanna be salty about how this win is bad for the Seahawks because it probably keeps Pete around for another couple seasons, but I can’t because Lock is so dang happy :kiddo:

It is important to run the ball and to trust in the plucky backup!!!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i didn't watch the game but david lombardi said pete carroll called a timeout on that play where lock's knee was down before he threw it and that gave the eagles time to watch the replay and challenge the call.

lmao.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

13. And as it was said to Pete Carroll, the most elder of coaches, so he said to his faithful - "Heed my example! For I have forsaken the Run, and thrown it on the one yard line, and for this I was punished. I shall not make this mistake again, against this band of brothers, and you shall follow me!"
14. So the Seahawks followed him, and trusted in the Run, and marched through the lines of he whose name is not spoken in Detroit. And the LORD was with them, and sent the Angel of Clownball to visit the Eagles, for the NFC East is its homeland, and they threw many interceptions, and the faithful were rewarded with victory, and that most sweet sound, angry Philadelphians on sports radio.
15. And all this came unto them for their faith in the Run, sacred shall it ever be.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I know the Eagles are a good team but they're kinda having the wheels falling off right now. Hurts definitely wasn't 100% but their defense could not stop Walker at all tonight. Nice win Seahawks, we thank you.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lock on the verge of tears in his post game interview made me love him

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

trilljester posted:

I know the Eagles are a good team but they're kinda having the wheels falling off right now. Hurts definitely wasn't 100% but their defense could not stop Walker at all tonight. Nice win Seahawks, we thank you.

They were a good team last year that was the best at in game decisions like going for it on 4th and that sort of thing. And they exploited the hell out of the tush push.
This year they are a better than average team that has been lucky as hell and exploited the tush push even more. But yeah, the wheels have fallen off. Hurts is not and never was a great QB. He has an incredible line protecting him. Put him behind the 49ers line and he is terrible.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 19, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

trilljester posted:

It seems like they aren’t as dominant as last year, yet keep winning.

Well, until December, I guess. Y’all broke ‘em.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I expected and wanted the Seahawks to lose for a better draft position, but if they are going to win like that then :hawksin:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

harperdc posted:

It seems like they aren’t as dominant as last year, yet keep winning.

Well, until December, I guess. Y’all broke ‘em.

They had a lot of luck go their way vs the mid tier teams. Didn't get that with the Seahawks.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I wanna be salty about how this win is bad for the Seahawks because it probably keeps Pete around for another couple seasons, but I can’t because Lock is so dang happy :kiddo:

It is important to run the ball and to trust in the plucky backup!!!

This is also my take. It feels nice to win. gently caress the future I guess. Mediocrity forever. Excelsior

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I especially loved Walker running down the Eagles gut

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Happy that Lock got huge win and isn’t just stuck holding a clipboard Surface tablet

Thanks Denver!

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

surface tablet jesus just doesn’t sound the same

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thanks, Hawks.

Thawks.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

holefoods posted:

surface tablet jesus just doesn’t sound the same

Lock doesn’t have a glorious mane like Whiitehurst

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Strong Sauce posted:

i didn't watch the game but david lombardi said pete carroll called a timeout on that play where lock's knee was down before he threw it and that gave the eagles time to watch the replay and challenge the call.

lmao.

He did and they won the challenge. He called it to avoid a delay of game. They still made the FG.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so happy for Lock, man. That ruled :unsmith:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Redeye Flight posted:

13. And as it was said to Pete Carroll, the most elder of coaches, so he said to his faithful - "Heed my example! For I have forsaken the Run, and thrown it on the one yard line, and for this I was punished. I shall not make this mistake again, against this band of brothers, and you shall follow me!"
14. So the Seahawks followed him, and trusted in the Run, and marched through the lines of he whose name is not spoken in Detroit. And the LORD was with them, and sent the Angel of Clownball to visit the Eagles, for the NFC East is its homeland, and they threw many interceptions, and the faithful were rewarded with victory, and that most sweet sound, angry Philadelphians on sports radio.
15. And all this came unto them for their faith in the Run, sacred shall it ever be.

Amen.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

I expected and wanted the Seahawks to lose for a better draft position, but if they are going to win like that then :hawksin:

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

This is also my take. It feels nice to win. gently caress the future I guess. Mediocrity forever. Excelsior

If Philly had won then there was a world where Seattle ended up with a losing record and a pick near 10. This would have put the team within trade distance of QB3 and maybe gotten Pete fired.

Now we’re likely to end up 9-8, pick in the high teens, and Pete gets another couple years.

RIP

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If Philly had won then there was a world where Seattle ended up with a losing record and a pick near 10. This would have put the team within trade distance of QB3 and maybe gotten Pete fired.

Now we’re likely to end up 9-8, pick in the high teens, and Pete gets another couple years.

RIP

the overwhelming odds are that qb3, whoever they are, sucks rear end and so does your next coach. you're pining for trey lance and arthur smith

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DeimosRising posted:

the overwhelming odds are that qb3, whoever they are, sucks rear end and so does your next coach. you're pining for trey lance and arthur smith

bingo. people really really love The Mystery Box

me? I like to root for the big strong men led by the maybe hall of fame coach to win football games

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Crying and making GBS threads myself that the Seahawks missed out on the generational talent of *peeks at draft boards* .... J.J. McCarthy?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so happy for Lock, man. That ruled :unsmith:

Yeah, I just saw the interview, and how do you not feel anything but happiness for the guy?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Drew Lock interview is what sports is all about. That and rooting against the NFCE.

Also Pete's reaction to the touchdown was incredibly endearing, dude is 75 years old and still acting like he just got an N64 for Christmas

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

That and rooting against the NFCE

Rooting against all east coast teams, tbh. That they put the Cowboys in an eastern division just makes things tidy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/CDonnick1/status/1736970731647336816

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Camorooni/status/1737148122982486190?t=sI_5g9liB1r-vSWWN5OS-w&s=19

Hawks fans itt

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DeimosRising posted:

It depends on the draft class. If it’s the Pickett class then yeah, they all suck. If it’s the 2004 draft class then it’s pretty good. If it’s the Pickett draft class then all the QBs sucked. This draft class there are two great qb prospects and then a good qb prospect.

It’s really difficult to get a franchise QB. You still have to take the gamble because the position is just that important unless you are Kyle Shanahan.

And the same applies to coaching. I’d rather take a chance on a new young offensive minded coach than keep trying the same unsuccessful approach over and over. Pete isn’t going to build a contender ever again. And if you want a great offensive minded coach generally you need to hire them a year early because you can’t hire them if you are a year late.

Who are the young offensive coaches hired recently?
  • 2023: Steichen - Colts
  • 2022: Daboll - Giants, Kevin O’Connel - Vikings
  • 2021: A. Smith - Falcons

I’d take 3 out of 4 of those over Pete in a heartbeat.

You folks keep using the family guy mystery box comparison but that just doesn’t work. I want a contending team. Pete does not create those. So it’s not choosing a mystery box over a contending team, it’s choosing a mystery box over a wildcard loser.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

You folks keep using the family guy mystery box comparison but that just doesn’t work. I want a contending team. Pete does not create those. So it’s not choosing a mystery box over a contending team, it’s choosing a mystery box over a wildcard loser.

You’re just purely a gimmick poster now, right? You cannot be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Seattle should get Penix, some OL, and a 3rd round RB.