Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm firmly in the "put it in a festive bag then put crinkled up paper on top" school of wrapping presents.

Anything that's hard to wrap I do this for. But most things I'll just leave in the box from wherever I ordered and wrap it in that. Makes things easier. I hate when they ship stuff in jiffy bags for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I wear Wolverine

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I got Columbia hiking boots earlier this year and that's going to go down as one of my all-time best purchases. I can kick a rock in these things without hurting my toes, they have great traction, and they're a stylish teal-and-pink color.
Hiking helped me get over my break-up. That, The Art of Forgetting, some great friends, and lots of therapy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just bought some Waygu A5 steaks thanks to a 35% coupon showing up in my email I can only imagine because of this threads edit: steak discussion.

Excited to give them away to family then try a piece

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 19, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I got Columbia hiking boots earlier this year and that's going to go down as one of my all-time best purchases. I can kick a rock in these things without hurting my toes, they have great traction, and they're a stylish teal-and-pink color.
Hiking helped me get over my break-up. That, The Art of Forgetting, some great friends, and lots of therapy.

oooo

got a link there? this girl could use some cute hiking boots

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just woke up from a weird dream, but I know weird dreams are common in early sobriety, and I had my first IOP session last night.

Y'know what that whack-rear end dream means, y'all? It means I'm working it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Timby posted:

Just woke up from a weird dream, but I know weird dreams are common in early sobriety, and I had my first IOP session last night.

That's the good poo poo man.

I thought I had a whack rear end dream last night, but then it turned out that it was just my kid coming in to wake me up at 2 AM. Luckily he went back to sleep easily.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

Melatonin: not even once

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Melatonin: not even once

I'm learning this more and more as I'm living with somebody with health problems. I slept off melatonin for years and assumed absolute loving insane dreams were a normal human experience.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I would love a Patagonia jacket for winter camping but I know the second I wear one camping a nice hot lil ember is gonna float out of that fire pit and melt right through the shell.

My GF got me an awesome camp chair for Christmas last year and in my first year using it, it suffered two burn holes through the material while I wasn’t sitting in it :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It will probably surprise no one that I am an excellent and precise gift wrapper. I love it when all the patterns line up and poo poo. God that serotonin boost is like nothing else. Like meth before a surgery.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

T-Square posted:

I would love a Patagonia jacket for winter camping but I know the second I wear one camping a nice hot lil ember is gonna float out of that fire pit and melt right through the shell.

My GF got me an awesome camp chair for Christmas last year and in my first year using it, it suffered two burn holes through the material while I wasn’t sitting in it :(

I've melted some Arc'teryx Perimetet pants sitting too close to my Solo Stove. Shame too as they're discontinued.

I'm insane and :corsair: where I have an eBay alert set up for whenever Arc'teryx Perimeter pants in my size pop up.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Braksgirl posted:

It will probably surprise no one that I am an excellent and precise gift wrapper. I love it when all the patterns line up and poo poo. God that serotonin boost is like nothing else. Like meth before a surgery.

lmbo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Yeah this is the kind of thing that makes me shy away from spending real cash on stuff. Lived too long in my 20s on a retail shoestring budget.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

COVID finally hit my house, my wife just tested positive. Kid and I are negative for now, but looks like we'll mostly be holing up for a while. Still holding out some hope that we'll all be in the clear by Christmas, but it's cutting it close. Wife and I both got boosters recently, so I'm hoping we can fend this off.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
lol the owner of a barber just hit me up on LinkedIn for me to come get a haircut there. That’s a first

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol the owner of a barber just hit me up on LinkedIn for me to come get a haircut there. That’s a first

Had someone match with me on Bumble whose profile mentioned she owned a salon. I looked at the salon on Yelp and the first (maybe only) review was "she matched with me on Bumble just to advertise this salon."

One star.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coco13 posted:

Had someone match with me on Bumble whose profile mentioned she owned a salon. I looked at the salon on Yelp and the first (maybe only) review was "she matched with me on Bumble just to advertise this salon."

One star.

She told me $15 off the haircut plus they have a bourbon bar, so a drink is included with the haircut. I like the hustle, I’m gonna try it out. I need a haircut anyway.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I found an artist who evidently does a lot of her advertising to horny guys on Tinder, and hey, there wasn’t going to be a romantic vibe given our respective personalities and interests but I liked her paintings enough to buy one, can’t argue with results!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Holy poo poo my GF is finally a CPA

They just retroactively extended the expiration date of past tests (that she passed during the pandemic) and now she has all of the tests passed. She was planning to spend all afternoon on a practice test, now she is gonna get icecream and play with the cat. We're both so excited and happy that its finally over, she's been working toward this for 8 years

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy poo poo my GF is finally a CPA

They just retroactively extended the expiration date of past tests (that she passed during the pandemic) and now she has all of the tests passed. She was planning to spend all afternoon on a practice test, now she is gonna get icecream and play with the cat. We're both so excited and happy that its finally over, she's been working toward this for 8 years

Finally she can stop studying depreciation, and begin appreciation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have HBOmax, or guess it's just max now, and I watch John Oliver on it and it's loving hilarious to me that every time I finish the latest episode I get a recommendation for Bill Maher. Yes the thing I want to watch after the liberal comedian does funny but in depth reporting about real world issues is the libertarian interviewing fascists while making "jokes" about pronouns.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I get a weekly LinkedIn push notification asking me to follow Cam Newton and/or Thomas Dimitroff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shrimpy posted:

I get a weekly LinkedIn push notification asking me to follow Cam Newton and/or Thomas Dimitroff.

Why the gently caress does Cam Newton have a linkedin profile?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress does Cam Newton have a linkedin profile?

He owns a couple restaurant and has a clothing line

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

He owns a couple restaurant and has a clothing line

That explains why the middle management of those companies would have a linkedin, still don't understand Cam Newton having one. Marshawn Lynch has a clothing store, does he have a linkedin?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my mom died yesterday
long story short tl;dr the parkinsons made her too weak to fight off an infection probably caused by aspiration, and made worse by gross medical incompetence. friday night stepdad had to make the decision to stop suctioning out her lungs every two hours as she was into tachycardia and wbc going back up again and rbc bad and so on, just let her go, she was very calm and relaxed on the morphine the last two days before she slipped away peacefully

hug your moms this xmas, if you can and want to I mean, some moms are bad but my mom was good and if you have a good mom, please hug her

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m friends with Derek Lokey on LinkedIn

Edit: sorry Leperflesh that is terrible news. Wishing you and your family the best.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Really sorry to hear it Leperflesh, my condolences and hugs to your fam

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Terrible news this close to the holidays, especially. Genuinely sorry for your loss, man.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sorry Leper

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ah hell, condolences Leperflesh, wishing you and yours the best.

And yeah, my mom's still going strong, but lost all her hair after 4 weeks of chemo, and it's been rough watching her go through that. Enjoying the time we have, I'm hoping she can get at least the 5 years average survival rate past it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So sorry Leper.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm really sorry Leper. From what you wrote at least she wasn't in pain at the end.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thanks, everyone. No, she wasn't in any pain at the end. My stepdad played her favorite music and she vaguely responded to it, although she wasn't mouthing the lyrics any more and she hadn't been responsive to simple instructions (like "move your hand") for a week+. She was totally at peace.

Kalli I'm wishing your mom good luck. Cancer treatments right now are amazing. It's no guarantee but survivability is so much higher now than it was even ten years ago.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So sorry Leper. My condolences to you and your family.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My condolences, Leperflesh. My dad's cancer got worse on Christmas and was gone on New Year's Day '09. Makes celebrating the holidays more somber.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

my mom died yesterday

I’m really sorry. It’s never a good time but man what a bad time for it. It sounds like she was loved and well-taken care of by you guys until the end.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Leperflesh posted:

hug your moms this xmas, if you can and want to I mean, some moms are bad but my mom was good and if you have a good mom, please hug her

That pretty much says it all, and I'm going to make sure to buy mine tight when I fly home this weekend.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sorry for the loss, Leper :(