Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

That's not a seam, it's a sonic improvement fissure/chamfer assembly, completely different from a seam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I presume "seamless" means how the speakers are integrated, i.e. nearly managed instead of cables just flying out willy nilly

which is like, the minimum I'd expect of such a bed. it's like saying you have stereo headphones, I sure hope they're stereo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wait there are absolutely audiophile people who insist Mono Sound Is The True Path, right

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

death cob for cutie posted:

wait there are absolutely audiophile people who insist Mono Sound Is The True Path, right

i think that's vintage hi-fi audiophile territory, yeah

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have definitely seen pictures of stereo systems with 3 speakers in the front, the center being for mono recordings. same type of dudes who have a whole separate turntable for 78s instead of just swapping needles

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If you had to choose between mounting a set of studio monitors above the computer monitors, pointing down, or underneath them and laid on their side, tilted up a bit, which would you choose? I have a secondary and tertiary display, one to the left of my main in portrait style, and another above the main. I'd like to have them all side by side, but thats impossible with my speakers where they are.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

depends; are the speakers valuable (2-10k a piece) or lovely ($1,999 or less)? if they're lovely, just throw them away. gently caress em. garbage. maybe use them as doorstops or something. if they're valuable, throw the computer and its monitors away; you're not gonna waste them with compressed digital audio, are you?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

codo27 posted:

If you had to choose between mounting a set of studio monitors above the computer monitors, pointing down, or underneath them and laid on their side, tilted up a bit, which would you choose? I have a secondary and tertiary display, one to the left of my main in portrait style, and another above the main. I'd like to have them all side by side, but thats impossible with my speakers where they are.

gonna ask you the same thing I ask everybody who posts a query here: how charged are your crystals right now? how charged do you keep them?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Also, what is your power chain like? Do you have the correct outlet covers with the perfectly aligned crystalline structure?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

trilobite terror posted:

gonna ask you the same thing I ask everybody who posts a query here: how charged are your crystals right now? how charged do you keep them?

mine are gaining energy with each and every post in this thread

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

codo27 posted:

I would tilt up a bit and lay down on the side of the speakers. At a 33 degree angle from horizontal, head pointed downward, the soundstage will really open up.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I would tilt up a bit and lay down on the side of the speakers. At a 33 degree angle from horizontal, head pointed downward, the soundstage will really open up.

Are you being serious right now? Tilting a speaker is pretty much the best way I know to throw off the delicate balance of electron flow. That's the whole reason circuit boards are usually mounted either flat or perpendicular to the ground (preferably flat), so gravity and the earth's magnetism has uniform pull on each bit of the inner circuitry's de-oxidized gold lines and components.

Christ it's like you people have never even heard of Audiophile Quarterly's best articles OR their patented proprietary monoblock power amplifier gravity uniformifying leveling apparatus (called the MPAGULA™) you can buy for $599 each.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 20, 2023

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Good audio is incompatible with a computer monitor.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The soundstage is dire, I reroute the wires
And slam down some jazz with my MPAGULA

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i tested continuity on my $7 pair of chinese XLR to 1/4 TRS cables with my multimeter and got 0 ohms on each conductor everytime

complete absolute loving PRAT-less garbage

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

GreatGreen posted:

Are you being serious right now? Tilting a speaker is pretty much the best way I know to throw off the delicate balance of electron flow. That's the whole reason circuit boards are usually mounted either flat or perpendicular to the ground (preferably flat), so gravity and the earth's magnetism has uniform pull on each bit of the inner circuitry's de-oxidized gold lines and components.

Christ it's like you people have never even heard of Audiophile Quarterly's best articles OR their patented proprietary monoblock power amplifier gravity uniformifying leveling apparatus (called the MPAGULA™) you can buy for $599 each.

Of course I’m being serious you loving fool. I didn’t say tilt the speaker, I say tilt the listener. A wedge pillow filled with rose quartz, atop the speaker for the listener to lay on, feet in the air. For someone talking about Audiophile Quarterly curious you could’ve missed the Spring ‘93 cover story featuring the pillows or the Summer ‘07 article where they investigated replacing the pillow foam with different rocks and minerals.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The soundstage is dire, I reroute the wires
And slam down some jazz with my MPAGULA

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

if you're going to lay them down please consider purchasing my anti jitter vibration free speaker mat made of graphene a proprietary blend of materials that ensure the best quality though our testing. These mats are designed to ensure that you get the best possible sound out of your speakers and take advantage of your slower speed network and high end cables. Our compoents are meticuliously created to ensure that you are tilted at an optimal 28.75°.
NOTE: Make sure you are purchasing the correct mats: Upright or Sideways, there are different layer patterns to ensure that the matt doesn't muffle and cause reflection or at WORST anti-reflection where your soundstage reduces in brightness due to cancellation of the audio due to reflection.

PM Me, prices start at 799 per mat, or 1,299.85 for a pair.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

tater_salad posted:

PM Me, prices start at 799 per mat, or 1,299.85 for a pair.

i only order in bulk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

November was real bad for my setup. I wasn't able to charge my crystals for the whole month and I could definitely tell the difference. Once December 1 came, though? Some real good sound

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

November was real bad for my setup. I wasn't able to charge my crystals for the whole month and I could definitely tell the difference. Once December 1 came, though? Some real good sound

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Arrived today. £100 on Amazon. Sounds fantastic on my gaming rig. Absolute bargain. So - you see - enjoying laughing at idiotic audiophiles wasting a fortune on crap can actually net you some cool stuff at a great price!

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
You can't put a price on PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pocket pool posted:

You can't put a price on PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP.

I can. I’ll sell you my POO for $10k.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bet that thing doesn't even have a moving coil phono input!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Palladium posted:

i only order in bulk

Oh, in that case it's 50 bucks for a 20pack.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Arrived today. £100 on Amazon. Sounds fantastic on my gaming rig. Absolute bargain. So - you see - enjoying laughing at idiotic audiophiles wasting a fortune on crap can actually net you some cool stuff at a great price!

Aiyima don't live here no more

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

smellmycheese posted:

Excuse me are those tone knobs? You do realize how many additional components each control adds to the circuitry, thereby adding unnecessary impedance load to the signal which practically destroys the delicate upper harmonics, and you have two of them?

Do people not care about anything anymore? This used to be a country.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
the only tone knob that you're allowed to touch in this thread is the one that charges your crystals

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

the only tone knob that you're allowed to touch in this thread is the one that charges your crystals

Honest question. As someone who doesn’t know poo poo about audio equipment besides basic consumer connections and what a volume knob does (I don’t even know how to use an equalizer), what do tone knobs do?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arivia posted:

Honest question. As someone who doesn’t know poo poo about audio equipment besides basic consumer connections and what a volume knob does (I don’t even know how to use an equalizer), what do tone knobs do?

they charge your crystals, duh (honest answer: depends on the piece of gear and the manufacturer and the underlying functionality of the knob in question, whether it controls one element or part of the frequency range or whether it’s simply one knob that controls “tone”. Oftentimes it involves changing a frequency curve from a flat response to something more V-shaped or that emphasizes the highs or the lows)

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 20, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

GreatGreen posted:

Excuse me are those tone knobs? You do realize how many additional components each control adds to the circuitry, thereby adding unnecessary impedance load to the signal which practically destroys the delicate upper harmonics, and you have two of them?

Do people not care about anything anymore? This used to be a country.

It’s actually lacking a knob. A balance knob. Seems a strange thing not to have on an amp.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

balance between... channels? sounds like someone hasn't been monopilled

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
the only true way to achieve balance is to keep your crystals full and your balls empty

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

How much iron does a person need to consume to emit a ferrofluid

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Grassy Knowles posted:

How much iron does a person need to consume to emit a ferrofluid

She emitted a lot of it though I don't think it had anything to do with her iron intake.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Seriously though, on that Aiyima, wouldn't having the knobs in the middle be neutral, and having them both turned all the way down like that sound like poo poo? I don't see any specs for them anywhere.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 21, 2023

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Lowclock posted:

Seriously though, on that Aiyima, wouldn't having the knobs in the middle be neutral, and having them both turned all the way down like that sound like poo poo? I don't see any specs for them anywhere.

Probably, yes. That's how it is on my Fosi Audio amp in the bedroom, any lower than 12 o clock position and it interferes with the harmonics required to charge my crystals

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMAu_mCxoII

New Linus video has some amazing audiophile nonsense products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Slash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMAu_mCxoII

New Linus video has some amazing audiophile nonsense products.

Linus is way dumber than the scam artists