Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I assume the Bloodborne remaster only hasn't happened yet because of licensing issues and/or the game code being difficult to navigate, if Sony thought they could make a quick buck from reselling a game that isn't even 10 years old yet they absolutely would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I know people like to complain about exaggerated studio expectations but no, Sony did not expect a launch title for a console to sell 20 million copies. Like to be clear, an attach rate of 25% for a console launch is absurdly successful. (That's about what BotW did on the Switch for example.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sammus posted:

I’m going to probably start playing Sushi Ghost over Christmas so I don’t have to talk to my family. Is there anything I should know going in?

Swipe right on the touchpad to do a cool badass sword sheath

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

Swipe right on the touchpad to do a cool badass sword sheath

This is really important

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah it's been alluded to in earlier posts but a ton of games were definitely not helped by covid. Substantial increase in dev costs due to needing to adjust to wfh and also pay for longer due to delays, plus if you were making a PS5 exclusive that was never going to do well thanks to the crazy shortage in PS5s, again likely instigated by covid.

Necrothatcher posted:

The leak revealed how much Sunset Overdrive made in profit for Insomniac...

$567

That's not a typo.

Now this is especially funny because of how precise and close to zero it is. I'd imagine most games and, hell, any multi-million dollar product in general, either loses bigly (like in the millions of dollars range) or brings in millions in profit at least. The fact that it so precisely hit what is essentially within a dozen or so launch copies of breaking even is quite something.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I know people like to complain about exaggerated studio expectations but no, Sony did not expect a launch title for a console to sell 20 million copies. Like to be clear, an attach rate of 25% for a console launch is absurdly successful. (That's about what BotW did on the Switch for example.)

I'm starting to suspect it was targeted to appeal to a specific hardcore audience who would be open to buying an entire console for just that game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
FIVE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN US DOLLARS

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm downloading the mega mens

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

exquisite tea posted:

I assume the Bloodborne remaster only hasn't happened yet because of licensing issues and/or the game code being difficult to navigate, if Sony thought they could make a quick buck from reselling a game that isn't even 10 years old yet they absolutely would.
What licensing issues? They own every aspect of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodborne would probably sell, more, these days

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I would venture it's some kind of technical hangup, personally, but I am talking completely out of my rear end and have no real insight beyond "I've seen that happen a lot"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
How is Metal Hellsinger? The concept sounds neat, but a rhythm-based fps on console sounds like it could be really bad, for me, someone who is not very good at playing normal fps games with a controller as is.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

mysterious frankie posted:

How is Metal Hellsinger? The concept sounds neat, but a rhythm-based fps on console sounds like it could be really bad, for me, someone who is not very good at playing normal fps games with a controller as is.

I lasted maybe 10 minutes on the game pass version. Having a shot lined up and needing to wait for a beat to fire felt awful to me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Arist posted:

I would venture it's some kind of technical hangup, personally, but I am talking completely out of my rear end and have no real insight beyond "I've seen that happen a lot"

Isn’t there some fan-made patch you can run on a modded console to get it running at 60fps with no issues?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vikar Jerome posted:

unless im reading it wrong the leaks say wolverine is a 15 hour long game lol

Doesn't seem like it's open world so if it's a "wide linear" game then I'm cool with 15 hours of focused gameplay and not driving Wolverine around on a motorcycle to find stunt ramps to add 2% fire splash damage to Hot Claws.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t there some fan-made patch you can run on a modded console to get it running at 60fps with no issues?

It's a patch that inserts the relevant parts of the Dark Souls 3 engine into the Bloodborne engine, which works because the one was evolved from the other in the first place. I don't think it's entirely without issues, though

The lack of a Bloodborne remaster is probably just due to someone running the numbers and deciding that a remake of a difficult action-horror game from eight years ago that everyone can play through BC anyway would probably not be a big sales superstar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bloodborne is a perfect game. We as a species have not yet gained the insight required to remaster or remake it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It would probably do really well if they finally ported it to PC

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

The lack of a Bloodborne remaster is probably just due to someone running the numbers and deciding that a remake of a difficult action-horror game from eight years ago that everyone can play through BC anyway would probably not be a big sales superstar

Yeah it's a hugely appealing but to a slice of the hardcore segment. It would move consoles though, it would make a lot of sense as a launch game

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

It's a patch that inserts the relevant parts of the Dark Souls 3 engine into the Bloodborne engine, which works because the one was evolved from the other in the first place. I don't think it's entirely without issues, though
I don't know the technical specifics but if that's true, this is another reason it's unlikely that Sony could do anything similar without significantly more work. Unlike already legally dubious fan patches, Sony can't simply reverse engineer another studio's game and use it to improve their own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I've given up on this ever happening. I thought Demon's Souls Remake was suppose to come to PC, but it looks like that won't happen either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
big recommend to Tinykin, one of those games that’s just a bouncy pleasant experience from start to finish

except the time attack trials. those were added later and will break the unprepared like a ritz cracker

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If BB was owned by Bandai Namco they would probably remaster it tomorrow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Slightly worse every time

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Sunset Overdrive owned. Shame.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Soul Glo posted:

what if they gave us a good game instead though

oh how could you!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

WaltherFeng posted:

I hope so because it could actually be a decent character action game a la DMC or Metal Gear Rising

yeah it would be................ but its going to be 70 bucks naturally. so, i dont think so.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Every copy of bloodborne sold also sold an entire ps4 to go with it ever think of that smart guy??????

its true

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

i think it was lance mcdonald who said the code line change would take 5 mins for flawless 60fps. its probably licensing/right time/gaas push and fail. maybe the dream will happen again...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah it would be................ but its going to be 70 bucks naturally. so, i dont think so.

you're meant to replay character action games (that aren't FFXVI)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lobok posted:

Doesn't seem like it's open world so if it's a "wide linear" game then I'm cool with 15 hours of focused gameplay and not driving Wolverine around on a motorcycle to find stunt ramps to add 2% fire splash damage to Hot Claws.

it might be weird open world, like tlou2 section. there seems to be different zones that are explorable, its not quite spider-man new york but still open? i cant tell. they refer to it as open world on one page and wide linear on another

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

the peecee crowd dont have enough insight, and im afraid they never will with those steam reviews.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Arist posted:

you're meant to replay character action games (that aren't FFXVI)

Im replaying it right now and I'll probaby unlock all the stages on Ultimaniac when the spring comes.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Every copy of bloodborne sold also sold an entire ps4 to go with it ever think of that smart guy??????

Ya it's kinda weird to say BB sold poorly when it released super early in the consoles life.

Also I think 50% of Elden Ring's sales were on PC. I firmly believe Demon Souls or BB on Steam would completey destroy any big triple a sony ip in pc sales and would set a record for them. Souls games are bigger than ever after ER and Sony just has 2 of the best in the franchise sitting their lap but they don't want to put it on the platform where it will sell like hotcakes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/ryujincfc/status/1737117544539128077?s=46

https://twitter.com/RyujinCFC/status/1737127230743171528

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Its God of Wolverine

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God of Zzzzs

acksplode
May 17, 2004

He just sheathes the katana through his torso lol that owns. Visuals are obviously early and rough but that looks like a pretty cool Wolverine game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why did it have to be Wolverine instead of some big bapped anime babe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

Its God of Wolverine

but also (character spoilers) god of jean grey (there are two playable characters in the game)