Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Scratch Monkey posted:

I can tell you it 1000% was not a thing in the 90s. At least the early 90s
I graduated in '89 ( :corsair: ) and it totally was a thing at my HS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think it's always been a rich school district thing

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SubponticatePoster posted:

I graduated in '89 ( :corsair: ) and it totally was a thing at my HS.

Maybe my high school was cooler/less cool than yours

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

The goku prom sign in a trash bin pic

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

I'm gonna pronpose to the girl of my dreams to watch some adult movies together

Will you make me the fappiest man on Earth

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I asked a girl to prom with sky writing and she said no so I went with the pilot instead.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've never heard of elaborate proposals to the prom. I've never heard the term "promposal" before but it's a pretty obv portmanteau.

In 9th grade I asked the teacher to the prom because she was hot and everyone dared me to do it. I wrote it on the white board. It got a laugh. We were 13. That's the most elaborate proposal to the prom I've ever seen until now.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
A dude making a huge public deal out of asking you out is always a bit of a nightmare because you don't have to worry just about how he'll react if you say no, but how the audience he has created will react too. Some women are cool with it but if you don't know she is, it's a lot to spring on someone. And I think some dudes count on that extra pressure to force a yes. :/

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/AqtzWo7.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/bbd54o1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/TqlpQ3L.mp4

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My friends, and my sister in law, both have the same fridge and I still sometimes gently caress up the water bit cause it's just so weird.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
its the perfect angle to make it look like you pissed yourself and everything, amazing!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Pasketti posted:

its the perfect angle to make it look like you pissed yourself and everything, amazing!

my dad has a similar one and you guessed it, water all over the front of my pants the first time i used it

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I currently have this fridge design, and I don't like to warn people because it is the perfect prank device (my ice doesn't do that though). It is super convenient for filling water bottles.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How are you supposed to use the pissfridge because it looks like you have to hold the water bottle right where the hand pressing the water button is

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

haveblue posted:

How are you supposed to use the pissfridge because it looks like you have to hold the water bottle right where the hand pressing the water button is

that's exactly what you're supposed to do, push the button with your cup

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Large Testicles posted:

that's exactly what you're supposed to do, push the button with your cup
This is correct. I will also add that I find this design annoying and can't wait until I can afford a new one.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I have a friend who has it. it's an absolutely insane design but I've gotten used to it. it also produces ice that's too "sticky" (your ice fuses together into one giant clump) and the water shoots out so fast that it splashes tiny droplets everywhere.

also the fridge has a window so you can look inside without opening it; the light turns on when you walk near. i don't understand that design element either.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The fridge that every goon has, and also hates

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DontMockMySmock posted:

also the fridge has a window so you can look inside without opening it; the light turns on when you walk near. i don't understand that design element either.

Probably meant to save a few watts from people holding the door open to browse or build a shopping list

I'd rather have that than a smart screen that shows nothing but ads because no one in the house uses it for anything else

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

haveblue posted:

Probably meant to save a few watts from people holding the door open to browse or build a shopping list

but surely the inefficiency from lost insulation is way worse. also, just, like, don't hold the door open? do you not know what's in your fridge?? is it for people with memory problems???

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DontMockMySmock posted:

but surely the inefficiency from lost insulation is way worse. also, just, like, don't hold the door open? do you not know what's in your fridge?? is it for people with memory problems???

If anyone else lives in your house the contents of the fridge may spontaneously change without your involvement

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

haveblue posted:

If anyone else lives in your house the contents of the fridge may spontaneously change without your involvement

lol just lol if your kids don't update the refrigerated food database hourly

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Kid comes up with a crazy plan for his promposal where he apparently gets in trouble with the cops ...... but they're in on the prank, whoooaaaa crazy! He got permission from the school resource cop and the school principal to run a stop sign on school property and then the cop would pull him over and the promposal would take place ...... the only problem is that they didn't consider all the other drivers on the road when they came up with this "deliberately blow a stop sign" plan and the obvious happens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPX98ru75uQ

The injured kid is naturally going to sue the gently caress out of the school and the city

Related personal schad: In my last year of high school I crashed my motorcycle right in front of the school, pretty much right after class was let out so hundreds of students saw it. Friends had been egging me on to "do a wheelie," I was like "man I can't wheelie it it's a 1988 Ninja 250" and they were like "wel do something cool," so the last thing I said was "OK, watch this." I was trying to do 'skitching' I guess, where I hang my left foot off the right side of the bike and drag it on the road, and I forgot that you're basically supposed to keep your weight centered on the gas tank. The suspension bucked and I went sideways right up on the curb, moving fast enough to make it onto the school lawn with road rash on my knee and my bare rear end exposed through my ripped-open jeans. A few people screamed, most of my buddies just laughed at me and I had to sit there and wait for my stepdad to pick me up and take me to the hospital to get the gravel scrubbed out of my knee with a device that looked like a plastic dog-grooming comb.

I also never got laid in high school and didn't go to prom.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

DontMockMySmock posted:

Is this how you find out one of the main effects of adhd

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

DontMockMySmock posted:

also, just, like, don't hold the door open? do you not know what's in your fridge?? is it for people with memory problems???
Sometimes :350: for no particular reason at all :guinness: I get really interested in snacking while simultaneously having even more trouble than usual remembering things.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Is this how you find out one of the main effects of adhd
Also this.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mister Speaker posted:

I feel like posting on the somethingawful.com forums means this goes without saying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tree Bucket posted:

lol just lol if your kids don't update the refrigerated food database hourly

"Timmy, come here. I see you eating a yogurt,, but I just checked Jira and no one has posted a snacking task since last week. How do you explain this?"

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
why would the food be leaving the fridge?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DontMockMySmock posted:

The window is cool because it is an outer door for the in-door storage, so you can open that up to access the sauces and milk without opening the entire fridge door.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Mister Speaker posted:

Related personal schad: In my last year of high school I crashed my motorcycle right in front of the school, pretty much right after class was let out so hundreds of students saw it. Friends had been egging me on to "do a wheelie," I was like "man I can't wheelie it it's a 1988 Ninja 250" and they were like "wel do something cool," so the last thing I said was "OK, watch this." I was trying to do 'skitching' I guess, where I hang my left foot off the right side of the bike and drag it on the road, and I forgot that you're basically supposed to keep your weight centered on the gas tank. The suspension bucked and I went sideways right up on the curb, moving fast enough to make it onto the school lawn with road rash on my knee and my bare rear end exposed through my ripped-open jeans. A few people screamed, most of my buddies just laughed at me and I had to sit there and wait for my stepdad to pick me up and take me to the hospital to get the gravel scrubbed out of my knee with a device that looked like a plastic dog-grooming comb.

lmao rekt

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RIP Country Mac

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mister Speaker posted:

Thank you for your service, Mister Speaker :patriot:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CainFortea posted:

Fancy prom asks absolutely were a thing in the early 90s, you just only heard about them or saw them if you physically ran into the thing they were doing.

Yeah, I remember seeing them in 93/94/95 for sure.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Mister Speaker posted:

Project Schad-rear end

I hope yr butt has healed with minimal off-putting scarring

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ror posted:

absolutely reeling at the revelation that Karl Horgst is a nazi

Karl Horgst Wessel

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

This is loving incredible. I don’t know if there’s a German word for “sublime incompetence” but this is it. You couldn’t choreograph such perfection.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Soul Dentist posted:

The fridge that every goon has, and also hates

I somehow have an older model of the piss fridge. The ice is the same, but the water doesn't spray your crotch, but it's still placed in a way that if you don't hit the button with your cup, you just get wet hands.

My cat is fascinated by it and every so often I just wake up to find cold puddles on the kitchen floor from ice and or water being just sprayed everywhere as he jumps up to slap the buttons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/ob6GMnS.mp4

Don't touch the electric eel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't whiz on the electric eel