Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The cob getting automatically shunted out of the way takes it from satisfying to exquisite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Drilling my cornhole

Cranking my cob

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

1stGear posted:

The cob getting automatically shunted out of the way takes it from satisfying to exquisite.

Shunted but she's still shuckin'

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

bagual posted:

some artisanal local fuckling

https://i.imgur.com/Pigltn6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zssOGsM.mp4

there was nobody inside, harbor inspector just forgot the handbrake during a wind storm

From earlier today:

:allears:

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The upgraded seals will be waterproof but also have a 2 inch gap due to panel alignment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is 100 meters the point where the seals fail and water begins entering, or the point where enough water has entered that it sinks?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

New bottom surgery just dropped

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

bagual posted:

there was nobody inside, harbor inspector just forgot the handbrake during a wind storm

Impressed by the buoyancy of this lad.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

I wouldn't really describe something that can only traverse 100m of water as a boat, that's barely a raft. It's more like Jetsam.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Furious George posted:

I wouldn't really describe something that can only traverse 100m of water as a boat, that's barely a raft. It's more like Jetsam.

:hmmyes: 4m/s would take 30 seconds to cross a 100 meter span, and thats basically ~9mph. Although with all the current running in the stainless steel body, I'm curious if they would experience massive galvanic corrosion

:lol: buying sacrificial zincs for your Cybertruck so you can cross the creek to your hunting lodge

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

I must admit that Musk disrupting the industry of getting idiots to kill themselves is one of his funnier pursuits

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BallerBallerDillz posted:

I assumed there was a way to hook it up to a tractor's PTO

Given the age I would suspect you might run it off a small steam engine.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Climbing this scaffolding at 10fps is pretty hard.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: 4m/s would take 30 seconds to cross a 100 meter span, and thats basically ~9mph. Although with all the current running in the stainless steel body, I'm curious if they would experience massive galvanic corrosion

:lol: buying sacrificial zincs for your Cybertruck so you can cross the creek to your hunting lodge

Department of Natural Resources personnel will use them for electro-fishing.

Leandros posted:

I must admit that Musk disrupting the industry of getting idiots to kill themselves is one of his funnier pursuits

I am also looking forward to that. Its 100 metres offshore, total power failure, can't open the doors with a manual handle because there isn't one. "bullet proof" glass can't be broken, "seals" don't actually seal. Trukk turns in to submarine, followed by stainless steel water coffin.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This is probably just as good a place to ask as any: have there been any updates on that whole imploded sub fiasco? Mainly thinking lawsuits-wise.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I haven't been keeping up with it either but I'm guessing the people inside the sub are dead by now

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

deep down im sure stockton was a good guy

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Had an OSHA training at work the past couple days and the instructor didn't know what a riving knife was when asking about safety features on a table saw. I love 2 days of a presenter who knows less than me telling me wrong information about equipment that's not even relevant to my job.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

If it sticks out that far from the back, there SHOULD be a red flag on the load. Maybe the whole thing counts as a red flag, though?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

bagual posted:

32 CFR 707 posted:

Submarines may display, as a distinctive means of identification, an intermittent flashing amber beacon with a sequence of operation of one flash per second for three (3) seconds followed by a three (3) second off-period. The light will be located where it can best be seen, as near as practicable, all around the horizon. It shall not be located less than two (2) feet above or below the masthead lights.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

A fully electric vehicle, with admittedly limited buoyancy and range, shatter proof windows, and no door latches.

:waycool:

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

bagual posted:

Can’t embark there matey

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

deoju posted:

A fully electric vehicle, with admittedly limited buoyancy and range, shatter proof windows, and no door latches.

:waycool:

Elon Musk is like if Lex Luthor was stupid instead of evil.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

UwUnabomber posted:

Elon Musk is like if Lex Luthor was both stupid and evil.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

"They did WHAT with it!?"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

I think I've told this story before, but a friend of mine was a communications guy in the Finnish Defence Force, and they used Soviet made BMP armored personnel carriers that were modified to hold a lot of comms gear. The thing was supposed to be water proof to a degree that it could be used to float over the major rivers of Europe.

Supposed to.

The reality was that even with a lot better maintenance than the Soviets ever gave the things, it leaked so much that every time it rained, the crew had to use hand bailers to constantly scoop water out of the crew compartment or they'd be up their ankles in water.

Looking at the massive panel gaps in the <yber+u|<|< it would do even worse.

(Luckily I was in the field artillery so the only thing I had to deal with was nearly freezing to death on the back of a Sisu truck during long night time marches)

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"They did WHAT with it!?"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

For sure, idk why anyone gets angry over sports, personally. I'm not big on sports in general but bf likes the sharks so we're watching em while they're here in Denver the next few weeks. I think hockey is at least more entertaining than some sports but definitely not my favorite thing. Could be more boring, could be going to a baseball game or watching billiards or something. I never watch sports except when he's watching highlights.

The few sports I enjoy playing are pretty casual anyways like ultimate, disc golf, or bowling. I'm a monster on the ping pong table. That's about it. Haven't played hockey in at least 20 years.

Have you ever shot some hoops??

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

UwUnabomber posted:

You know that Elseworlds comic Red Son? Where Superman lands in Communist Ukraine instead of Kansas and is raised by Josef Stalin? That one ends with Lex Luthor creating a post-scarcity utopia as soon as he can get Supes out of the way and is free to apply his lassez-faire capitalist *~mathemagic~* to the whole world. Like, he uses just math to solve literally every material concern of everyone, everywhere, at once. It's easily the stupidest part of an otherwise great comic. But I think about that ending whenever I read Musk bootlickers talking about him saving the planet and roll my eyes so hard they fall the gently caress out. That was a good comic, though.

Anyway, I'll have a ten piece nuggie and a small fry.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Jet Jaguar posted:

If it sticks out that far from the back, there SHOULD be a red flag on the load. Maybe the whole thing counts as a red flag, though?

Going to date, marry and have kids with this container.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Scholtz posted:

Why not just load it like this?

Top Gear already did this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

UwUnabomber posted:

The guy is literally pushing tech designed to erase the lower class and replace them, the guy is both.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cybertruck overland rig looking better than expected.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Scholtz posted:

From earlier today:

100m straight down still counts as 100m, and a sunk boat sill counts as a boat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Scholtz posted:

Why not just load it like this?

Ah yes, the Death Stranding.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

caspergers posted:

The guy is literally pushing tech designed to erase the lower class and replace them, the guy is both.

On the plus side he is very stupid, and so is highly likely to succeed with the exact opposite of what he strives for, by sheer misadventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

do you think elon knows cybertruck is the laughing stock of vehicle testing industry right now because it's finally showing up to test tracks and getting stuck in the easy sections meant for the crossovers. perhaps the solution all along was to fill the space with water so it can float over the obstacle