Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wasnt McDaniels bad in St Louis after his first HC tenure? And he only looked good again when he went back to NE? My memory is fuzzy so I could be mis-remembering.

Yeah, but they had no QB (Sam Bradford). You're giving McDaniels a really good QB to work with, which should be gangbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

That Rams team was uh.

Yeah.

Yeah the 2011 Rams sucked rear end and had a ton of injuries, including to Bradford (gasp). Obviously McDaniels didn't do anything to help them but I'm not sure anyone could have

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I mean McDaniels is a really good OC with a long, long career of building an offense around great QB's.

Feel like there's a sample size of exactly one great QB here and otherwise he has one okish year with Carr before firing him for freaking Jarett Stidham. He has been trash at every other place he's been.

Sure he had no chance with the Rams at OC but I will never forget the time he had 8 or 10 shots or something ridiculous at the end zone due to defensive penalties inside the five (many inside the one) with a super hobbled Sam Bradford and kept calling sprint out passes and such every play until he finally gave up and let Steven Jackson score.

I don't know, maybe you're right and he's great as an OC with Herbie and whatever crew they can put together. I just wouldn't call it automatic I guess.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Feel like there's a sample size of exactly one great QB here and otherwise he has one okish year with Carr before firing him for freaking Jarett Stidham. He has been trash at every other place he's been.

Based on how Carr performed with him Josh is a worse OC than John Gruden but maybe about as good as Pete Carmichael.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
All of this is immaterial, because Belichick is gonna make a DC out of him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Phobeste posted:

well yeah but belichick would be there so you'd get good version
:hmmyes:

a neat cape posted:

That Rams team was uh.

Yeah.
Good point.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but they had no QB (Sam Bradford). You're giving McDaniels a really good QB to work with, which should be gangbusters.
You're right.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Grittybeard posted:

Sure he had no chance with the Rams at OC but I will never forget the time he had 8 or 10 shots or something ridiculous at the end zone due to defensive penalties inside the five (many inside the one) with a super hobbled Sam Bradford and kept calling sprint out passes and such every play until he finally gave up and let Steven Jackson score.

I don't know, maybe you're right and he's great as an OC with Herbie and whatever crew they can put together. I just wouldn't call it automatic I guess.

He made Mac Jones look like not complete rear end for one year he's fine as an OC and only as an OC

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

He made Mac Jones look like not complete rear end for one year he's fine as an OC and only as an OC

If you discount his work with literally the greatest QB ever then he has exactly one season of making Mac Jones look about as good as rookie Daniel Jones. Sorry, that’s not enough to convince me that he’s not a trash man like he’s been literally everywhere else.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He did good work with Matt Cassel and Jimmy G, too.

I agree he sucks, though, heh.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Placing my bet here. When the Cowboys get smoked by the 49ers in the playoffs again, Jerry makes a deal with the devil and fires Mike for Belichick.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

LiquidFriend posted:

Placing my bet here. When the Cowboys get smoked by the 49ers in the playoffs again, Jerry makes a deal with the devil and fires Mike for Belichick.

Any good lacrosse in Texas?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I missed Matt Patricia chat but I'm workshopping a take that the Matt Patricia Lions were a more depressing experience than the Matt Millen Lions. The latter was at least darkly funny in spots, the former was just a horrible vibe from the first game onward. Keep that rear end in a top hat away from your team if you want them to succeed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is it going to take to get rid of objectively and provably bad coach matt patricia who has failed every single place he has gone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
in someone manages to get a Santa hat on him maybe the crowd at the Linc will do the deed

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I missed Matt Patricia chat but I'm workshopping a take that the Matt Patricia Lions were a more depressing experience than the Matt Millen Lions. The latter was at least darkly funny in spots, the former was just a horrible vibe from the first game onward. Keep that rear end in a top hat away from your team if you want them to succeed.

Patricia getting shithoused by the Sam Darnold Jets in their mutual first game was pretty good vibes :unsmith: Both cause Patricia got owned and because for a hot second it looked like maybe the Jets had finally found a QB (lol)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 20, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress is it going to take to get rid of objectively and provably bad coach matt patricia who has failed every single place he has gone

Perhaps learning that he committed an unspeakable crime? Would that work?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Docjowles posted:

Patricia getting shithoused by the Sam Darnold Jets in their mutual first game was pretty good vibes :unsmith: Both cause Patricia got owned and because for a hot second it looked like maybe the Jets had finally found a QB (lol)

It was exactly that game lol. I can't remember a fanbase ready to call it quits on a new regime so quickly and be correct in doing so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you discount his work with literally the greatest QB ever then he has exactly one season of making Mac Jones look about as good as rookie Daniel Jones. Sorry, that’s not enough to convince me that he’s not a trash man like he’s been literally everywhere else.

Wouldn't it be BoB coming across as OC anyway? I suppose he might get the Pats job

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Docjowles posted:

Didn't it start with Darnold throwing an awful pick 6 before lighting up the Patricia Lions?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Yeah, I was at that game. We were excited! It was the high point of the Patricia era, summed up pretty nicely by the fact that the pick-sixer was Quandre Diggs, who would play 4 more games for the team before he couldn't stand it any more and was traded for a third- and fifth-rounder to Seattle, where he then made three straight Pro Bowls.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Perhaps learning that he committed an unspeakable crime? Would that work?

Perhaps...so how do you propose he go about stealing a rich old white man's money?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Nervous posted:

Perhaps...so how do you propose he go about stealing a rich old white man's money?

By cashing his paycheck

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look, you can't get rid of the type of DC that gives up 400+ yard to a Nick Foles offense in the biggest game of your career.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Happy Dreaded Vote Of Approval day everyone

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1737457208680460432

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
If Smith is fired, which he should be, I don't remember such a wet fart of a three year stint. They never cratered but they never did anything. This team still has basically no identity. Just bizarre. It's like the franchise is was paused for three years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

oh man, that is the most brutal vote of confidence ever

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The only model that would work for the Jets is what they did in Denver. A HC who knows what the gently caress they are doing with some clout and he gets to hire whoever he wants as GM and in the FO.

Was thinking about the Jets situation vs Denver's last year and there's a key difference. Wilson was godawful. Just terrible in almost every game, to the point that he was completely brought low, humbled and his influence in the organization was obliterated even before Sean Payton showed up. That has not happened with ARod. He did not play bad, he just didn't play. He's still a guy with an ego the size of Montana who wants what he wants and clearly thinks he's the smarted guy in the room and probably still wields plenty of influence.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

you're getting sacked in the morning,
you're getting sacked in the morning!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

They never cratered but they never did anything. This team still has basically no identity. Just bizarre. It's like the franchise is was paused for three years.
If Jon Bois taught me anything, this sounds exactly like the Atlanta Falcons

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Arthur Blank giving Smith the offer to keep his job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrmlEK873E

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The only interesting thing about the Falcons over the last three years was Cordarrelle Patterson becoming an okay running back at 30.

Nov 6, 2002

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The only interesting thing about the Falcons over the last three years was Cordarrelle Patterson becoming an okay running back at 30.

He was also great at that on the Pats! Bill was stupid to let him walk!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SunshineDanceParty posted:

They’ve had some Falconsings in there that resulted in some funny losses, I’m sure.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Woozie66 posted:

If Smith is fired, which he should be, I don't remember such a wet fart of a three year stint. They never cratered but they never did anything. This team still has basically no identity. Just bizarre. It's like the franchise is was paused for three years.

Especially since it seemed like they were making an identity with their personnel moves and last season’s RUN success but then ridder throws it fifty times and bijan gets two touches

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I do slightly respect that Arthur took a different path than most billionaire failsons. He went into a field that is actually very hard and requires an unbelievable amount of work. And had some success, at the coach and coordinator level. Rather than just joining the board of FedEx at 25 and doing nothing of consequence for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately it turns out he is a terrible head coach.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think the Falcons offense could work as designed if you plopped a reliable qb into the offense instead of Ridder. That Ridder is trash. And if the coach chose to use his good players.

So maybe it was an impossible dream after all…

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

fartknocker posted:

They’ve had some Falconsings in there that resulted in some funny losses, I’m sure.

Todd Gurley’s accidental touchdown that ended up leaving the Lions over a minute left on the clock, which they used to match down the field and win the game.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I think this was before Smith? What even is time? Ah well. Still funny. Still extremely Falcons.

Bumhead fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 20, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bumhead posted:

Todd Gurley’s accidental touchdown that ended up leaving the Lions over a minute left on the clock, which they used to match down the field and win the game.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I think this was before Smith? What even is time? Ah well. Still funny. Still extremely Falcons.

Yeah it was 2020, the year Dan Quinn got fired mid season lol. Which obviously did nothing to improve their Falconsing ways because it happened several weeks after Quinn was shitcanned.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fire all coaches over the age of 40

Logan’s run to establish the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Docjowles posted:

I do slightly respect that Arthur took a different path than most billionaire failsons. He went into a field that is actually very hard and requires an unbelievable amount of work. And had some success, at the coach and coordinator level. Rather than just joining the board of FedEx at 25 and doing nothing of consequence for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately it turns out he is a terrible head coach.

Hopefully when the revolution comes, Arthur will be in charge of commanding the bourgeoisie.