Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
It's already had 2 ver kas! Do we really need another Sinanju?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Narrative Version :)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chrome line posted:

It's already had 2 ver kas! Do we really need another Sinanju?

Yes, but have you considered that people will pay us more money for another one?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In non ver ka announcements...

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1737288110231478422?t=m_mZe9PhJhXDcFaHjd6K6w&s=19

Pilebunker Pilebunker Pilebunker

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's a pile all right. 💩

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There's already a Kyoukai Senki weapon set that comes with two pilebunkers. Also that's just the existing modular "prototype" AMAIM they did, with a new colour scheme, backpack and chestplate.

If they're gonna go this hard on rehashing the same body for a third time, they could at least do an accessory set of customizable heads, the "prototype" one is pretty boring compared to the actual show/sidestory AMAIM's.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 20, 2023

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Well…at least the VF-19 looks cool :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its kinda weird that they're doing two seperate modular kit /weapon/accessory lines now.

four if you count all the 30 minute lines as seperate but who'd do that. The 30 m fantasy looks neat though, the base body looks kinda Ultraman-armor ish

The holes on the amaim stuff look even more pronounced somehow because they've all got raised rings around them.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1737293125406880082#m

OH HELL YEA WEEDCATTE

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 20, 2023

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/KaijuNo8_merch/status/1737316705981104221

This getting a line of kits is kind of a surprise. Neat though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its kinda weird that they're doing two seperate modular kit /weapon/accessory lines now.

four if you count all the 30 minute lines as seperate but who'd do that. The 30 m fantasy looks neat though, the base body looks kinda Ultraman-armor ish

The holes on the amaim stuff look even more pronounced somehow because they've all got raised rings around them.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1737293125406880082#m

OH HELL YEA WEEDCATTE

I'm kinda eh on the Bunyip custom tbh, as it loses the silhouette of the Bunyip Boomerang, and just winds up a busy grey block compared to the original's distinct lines.

Also Bandai's creating a Gunpla Option Parts line, so you can get all the accessory bits for customization. First three items in the line are the Strike Gundam's Aile Pack, the Sword AND Launcher Packs together, and a set of hands in various poses. And yes, you can Perfect Strike the Packs together.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/wulf_88/status/1737274780091650522

I imagine the Stein Ka Narrative will replace the curent Stein Narrative so it's nice they did the same kind of colour separation for the sleeve markings that the RG Sinanju got.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
I'm a big enough mark to own both MG Sinanju and Sinanju Stein but even I don't have it in me to buy a 3rd one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Junkozeyne posted:

I'm a big enough mark to own both MG Sinanju and Sinanju Stein but even I don't have it in me to buy a 3rd one

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pierson posted:

https://twitter.com/wulf_88/status/1737274780091650522

I imagine the Stein Ka Narrative will replace the curent Stein Narrative so it's nice they did the same kind of colour separation for the sleeve markings that the RG Sinanju got.

I was thinking about this and I'm wondering if engineering experience from the RG line is backporting into the HG lines, because the first instance of surprising color separation I ran into was on the new GM kits and having the crotch V be color separated--something usually relegated to stickers in my experience.

It makes me wonder if we'll be seeing some more RG features becoming standard on HGs.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My 8 year old would absolutely love weedcat.

The sinanju has three version kas that's crazy. I mean the design loving owns but still. I'm so desperate for new 1/100 scale kits I'll take whatever bandai does at this point.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 20, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Warmachine posted:

I was thinking about this and I'm wondering if engineering experience from the RG line is backporting into the HG lines, because the first instance of surprising color separation I ran into was on the new GM kits and having the crotch V be color separated--something usually relegated to stickers in my experience.

It makes me wonder if we'll be seeing some more RG features becoming standard on HGs.

It wouldn't surprise me. Especially if you look at Entry Grades, and expect something basic and sticker-heavy only to find they're better-engineered than some HG's from a decade ago.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
In hindsight kinda glad that I passed on the MG Sinanju Steins so far

I am okay with an MG Narrative but I dunno, I feel like there's a lot of other MG options they could have went with (like imagine if instead of the Narrative, we got an MG Calibarn or something). But if they end up making an MG A-Pack, even through P-Bandai, I'd definitely pick it up

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MG Chuchu please.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Macross kit announcement was a 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Sound Booster variant. I'm a little underwhelmed by a) a variant of the first release and b) a Macross 7 kit, but at least they're still making them.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/coll...scale-model-kit

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MechaX posted:

In hindsight kinda glad that I passed on the MG Sinanju Steins so far

I am okay with an MG Narrative but I dunno, I feel like there's a lot of other MG options they could have went with (like imagine if instead of the Narrative, we got an MG Calibarn or something). But if they end up making an MG A-Pack, even through P-Bandai, I'd definitely pick it up

Personally, every new Narrative product just feels disappointing. The Narrative as a whole always just felt to me like they had two super popular designs, the Nu and the Unicorn, so they just mashed them together hoping it'd be twice as popular as both of them, rather than actually making something new that might not be as popular as either. And now they just keep marketing it when, to me at least, it just feels less interesting than either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it just looks like a shorts gundam which is cute but also lmao.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

mllaneza posted:

The Macross kit announcement was a 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Sound Booster variant. I'm a little underwhelmed by a) a variant of the first release and b) a Macross 7 kit, but at least they're still making them.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/coll...scale-model-kit

To be fair, there are a lot of differences from the YF-19 prototype to the production VF-19 and then to the further customized VF-19 Kai that Basara flies

from https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4769
Not the best example, but these two toys were made by the same manufacturer and highlight a number of the differences.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bad news if you're a fan of Vallejo's paints and other products. They've been acquired by private equity.

https://www.webcapitalriesgo.com/proa-capital-acuerda-la-compra-del-fabricante-de-pintura-acrylicos-vallejo/

--

God I'm suddenly struck by memories of kits from my childhood and managed to remember what they were from. dumb tanks from Dougram!

God just look at it! You're beautiful! :3

Look at that fuckin box's everything!

Unfortunately it doesnt look like anyone has reprinted them in 40 years so they're super pricey. :|

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 21, 2023

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

Bad news if you're a fan of Vallejo's paints and other products. They've been acquired by private equity.

Oh gently caress lol. Guess it's time to get real comfortable with lacquers. None of the other acrylic lines really do it for me.

Man the world is going to be depressing when stuff like VMC is lostech.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Supposedly they're keeping the leadership and the extra money will be used to increase their global presence but that'll only make number go up fast enough for a year or two.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I saw that Gundam Base pop up store was going to Louisiana next month so I checked their schedule to see if they'd be stopping in Houston on the way. It turns out their schedule includes two stops in Texas. Lubbock and Waco.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Gripweed posted:

I saw that Gundam Base pop up store was going to Louisiana next month so I checked their schedule to see if they'd be stopping in Houston on the way. It turns out their schedule includes two stops in Texas. Lubbock and Waco.

Kind of wild to pick those of all the cities in Texas.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wdarkk posted:

Kind of wild to pick those of all the cities in Texas.

From Waco they go to Tulsa. They literally have to drive through Dallas to get from Waco to Tulsa.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/forest_scape/status/1737754876128755997?t=nfANhRiKRdMEHjuITom99g&s=19

I can't be the only one who sees the Gogg's mono-eye trench as a Swedish chef mustache.

Bork bork

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sucks to hear about Vallejo, I like Mr color acrylics a lot but Vallejo has a lot more “premixed” colors for military models.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/forest_scape/status/1737754876128755997?t=nfANhRiKRdMEHjuITom99g&s=19

I can't be the only one who sees the Gogg's mono-eye trench as a Swedish chef mustache.

Bork bork
Remove the mono-eye and maybe add some eyebrows below the hat and you're there

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm really curious to see how big that thing actually gets. If I had the space, and the money, I'd absolutely get one.

Godspeed on your 1400-piece journey to assemble it. :patriot:

Well, I still have lining and stickers to do, but it's about yay big depending on how you position the guns and tail:

Also I counted and there was either 1501 pieces or 1503 pieces (depending on if you count two wires to string the bandoliers together as pieces) which seems like a missed opportunity to say 'over 1500 pieces'.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

screaming, crying, putting my fist through the wall because none of these have model kits

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
General Grievous Bot will see his day.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I don't know what the gently caress a zvalvi is but I love it and want one

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I don't know what the gently caress a zvalvi is but I love it and want one

It's a Jegan with a rocket-propelled Bat'leth

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gripweed posted:

screaming, crying, putting my fist through the wall because none of these have model kits

I dunno, upper left screams "P-Bandai" to me.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I'll take a Hosler II, please.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

I'll take a Hosler II, please.

It's like if a Z'gok and a Death Army had a son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

General Grievous Bot will see his day.

The Spinner Rodi had more screentime, an ace custom, and even has one of the arms released as part of a kit, and it still doesn't even have a P-Bandai kit. No reason to expect different here.)

(It's the only design from season 1 without a kit! We're so close!)