Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
e. Replacing this post with

fun hater posted:

it all comes back to that son of a bitch harry potter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’m here for hambot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EFkspO5p4

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
If you've already forgotten the dramas of early 2023, there was a temporary gimmick website with a url along the lines of didtheyplaythewizardgame.com that would track if a streamer streamed Hogwarts Legacy (I think by using Twitch categories). Now you can call this melodramatic or virtue signal-y but people acted like this was leftist kiwifarms.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Ariong posted:

However, it is also just a word for a type of person that lots of people super hate and want to kill.

as gnc myself a lot of my #fellowqueers have this r-worded doomer approach to identity and it loving sucks and u should stop doing that. ok bye

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I think it's uncharitable to take one line out of context considering the whole post. The point is that all the online interrogation if the dreaded bisexual cis woman or non-kinky gay can themselves queer is dumb and doesn't actually reflect anything real.

mycot fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 20, 2023

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
i'm sorry but being told that everyone will murder you will, in fact, not help you gain friends. it just makes you sink inside the black hole of despair and terminally-online nihilism

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what the hell is going on

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

apology accepted, i hope you learnt your lesson.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mycot posted:

If you've already forgotten the dramas of early 2023, there was a temporary gimmick website with a url along the lines of didtheyplaythewizardgame.com that would track if a streamer streamed Hogwarts Legacy (I think by using Twitch categories). Now you can call this melodramatic or virtue signal-y but people acted like this was leftist kiwifarms.

anyone who plays hogwarts legacy deserves to be burned at the stake, like the wizards they love so much. you want to prove you only believe in women born women joanne k rowling then burn like one for your sins!!!!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

im glad this thread is bad again

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I forgot whether it's these forums but I've been told a story where someone's work colleague asked a trans woman colleague if she would give them permission to play the Harry Potter game and the latter was like "I don't play video games so I didn't even know this???"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I forgot whether it's these forums but I've been told a story where someone's work colleague asked a trans woman colleague if she would give them permission to play the Harry Potter game and the latter was like "I don't play video games so I didn't even know this???"

tbf, i do give friends guilt-free passes on going to chik-fil-a if it's the fast food place near them, so i kind of get it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i would shame my friends for eating at chik fil a solely because their tv ads are the most cloying rear end "good church folksy" bullshit i ever seen in my life

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I’m legit mad they reigned jo in for the third fantastic beasts so it was merely a “prevent the election of the evil populist” plot rather than whatever insane poo poo she was planning. Would she have made the good guys have to save hitler to ensure ww2 happens? We’ll never know. But the answer is definitely yes

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

euroshopper posted:

i'm sorry but being told that everyone will murder you will, in fact, not help you gain friends. it just makes you sink inside the black hole of despair and terminally-online nihilism

Pretty sure Ariong is not saying everyone is like that or that they are. They're just saying that you should have solidarity with queer and gender nonconforming people and don't gatekeep that poo poo.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
MVG with all the latest PS1 cheat codes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRB7iUCX4KQ

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thread is made of peripheral insanity, now
Always seem to be governed by this fun we hate
For useless posting of our new technology
Oh, now there is no sound
I’ve got water underground

euroshopper posted:

as gnc myself a lot of my #fellowqueers have this r-worded doomer approach to identity and it loving sucks and u should stop doing that. ok bye

You mean I should think that being queer is like being in a fun club and it rules? Because I do think that, and I specifically said it in the post you quoted. However in case I didn’t make it clear enough: being queer kicks rear end and I love it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 20, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
New Connor O'Malley megavid dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlO5yTVH_8

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycot posted:

Now you can call this melodramatic or virtue signal-y

oh i will

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like how Harry Potter didn't get the awards, but every other good game did. Yay for people actually liking stuff. Game didn't have gall to be good and was overall forgotten by those wanting something more substantial.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 20, 2023

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Nuns with Guns posted:

They're just saying that you should have solidarity with queer and gender nonconforming people and don't gatekeep that poo poo.
it's awesome there are people who when they are told "don't fall into despair" whenever they scroll through anti-lgbt headlines they respond "oh you're just a self hating queer you're not hyper-vigilant like me" so i am in fact tired of seeing that everywhere. i live in the loving desantis state imagine how bad that poo poo feels on a daily loving basis

euroshopper fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 20, 2023

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
not sure if posts have to always be on-topic to youtube drama. i was lurking and that post kinda irritated me

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Annointed posted:

I like how Harry Potter didn't get the awards, but every other good game did. Yay for people actually liking stuff. Game didn't have gall to be good and was overall forgotten by those wanting something more substantial.

yeah the tortured lead-up to the game's release vastly outsized its staying power once it was available to play

so mediocre that chuds didn't even stick around to spite-promote it or anything like that

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

euroshopper posted:

not sure if posts have to always be on-topic to youtube drama. i was lurking and that post kinda irritated me

Most of this thread isn't on topic but if someone's going to start a rugby scrum with other people here (encouraged) it should at least be an amusing mess over something someone said or your own insane (correct) opinion about a media property.

trilobite terror posted:

so mediocre that chuds didn't even stick around to spite-promote it or anything like that

Seems like there must've been some lingering salt that it was ignored by The Game Awards with it winding up on the Game of the Year list for The Steam Awards.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

On the topic of fanfic I would really like a good video essay on Russian nationalism isekai novels.

Apparently Stalin gets reborn in this one???

Gonna bring this back cause I had a small period of time where I was obsessed with Russian military fetishism books for how loving crazy they were and this post brought it all back.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

euroshopper posted:

it's awesome there are people who when they are told "don't fall into despair" whenever they scroll through anti-lgbt headlines they respond "oh you're just a self hating queer you're not hyper-vigilant like me" so i am in fact tired of seeing that everywhere. i live in the loving desantis state imagine how bad that poo poo feels on a daily loving basis

I’m having a lot of trouble parsing this post and I can’t really tell what you’re trying to convey. Is this still about my post? Are you saying that you interpreted my post as saying… that you hate yourself? I’m sorry I’m honestly trying to engage with you here but I’m really confused.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Seems like there must've been some lingering salt that it was ignored by The Game Awards with it winding up on the Game of the Year list for The Steam Awards.

It was similar to that Four Female Ghostbusters (The Feminists Are Taking Over) movie where the culture war poo poo cloud that engulfed it completely consumed it to the point that no visible conversations occurred discussing the actual content of the work. I don’t even know what type of game it was.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mycot posted:

All of this was done for the most mid game ever. Like no one gave a poo poo about this game online after it’s release but holy poo poo the discourse surrounding it felt inescapable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My goodness I can't believe pipebombs swatted Ashens because he's bald. They don't even have SWAT teams in the Untied Kingdom Hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLBfDLmKHo4

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

I’m having a lot of trouble parsing this post and I can’t really tell what you’re trying to convey. Is this still about my post? Are you saying that you interpreted my post as saying… that you hate yourself? I’m sorry I’m honestly trying to engage with you here but I’m really confused.

Very Online People will talk endlessly about how everyone hates gay people and being gay is miserable and everyone wants them dead and it sucks, and this poster finds anything that comes close to sounding like that exasperating

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Ariong posted:

nah it's not really about the broader point i just found the sentence regarding large swathes of the population hating queer people as unhelpful. not sure if you live in america or not but i live in florida so anti-lgbt rhetoric is pretty common among media/politicians. so it gets to the point where hyper-vigilant "They Want Us Dead" rhetoric gets really exhausting and feeds into doomerism more thn anything

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

euroshopper posted:

Yeah that's cool none of that happened here you're screaming at ghosts in your mind.

Which, hell yeah get those ghosts.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

All of this was done for the most mid game ever. Like no one gave a poo poo about this game online after it’s release but holy poo poo the discourse surrounding it felt inescapable.

It was basically your average twitter freak-out. People crying left and right about how this game will literally kill people and drain their bonemarrow, shunning and dogpiling people for playing it.... and a few weeks later, on to the next outrage.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the hysteria over the harry potter game from both sides was very stupid and may have caused the bad harry potter game to sell more copies

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 20, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm so loving tired of hearing about Harry Potter

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Hairy Twattor

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

everyone losing their minds over a generic by the numbers sandbox game they've all played before ftw

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

euroshopper posted:

nah it's not really about the broader point i just found the sentence regarding large swathes of the population hating queer people as unhelpful. not sure if you live in america or not but i live in florida so anti-lgbt rhetoric is pretty common among media/politicians. so it gets to the point where hyper-vigilant "They Want Us Dead" rhetoric gets really exhausting and feeds into doomerism more thn anything

Well I’m sorry that sort of thing causes you so much consternation and I apologize for my post reminding you of those people and making you feel frustrated. However, I really don’t think it’s fair for you to quote the one little part of my post where I mention queerphobia and accuse me of perpetuating a horrible negative attitude about being queer, when the entire rest of the paragraph that you cut out was about how queerness is awesome and different types of it should be accepted and celebrated. That makes me sad and a little upset because I’m really not like that at all and I make it a point not to be.

Anyway I live in Texas, which is still a drat sight better than living in Florida but arguably second-worst at the moment in that regard, so I know how you feel with regard to the headlines. However, I must say I definitely have not had the issue of anyone making GBS threads on me for trying to keep their spirits up in spite of the unfortunate times. So if you haven’t yet found a place where you can be positive without people chewing you out about it, keep looking because they’re out there! I’d like to say that I appreciate you for your commitment to that positive outlook. Don’t let anyone change you! :)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Most of this thread isn't on topic but if someone's going to start a rugby scrum with other people here (encouraged) it should at least be an amusing mess over something someone said or your own insane (correct) opinion about a media property.

I had to go check to see what was on the list for Steam GotY, and lol:

-Baldur's Gate 3
-Lethal Company
-Resident Evil 4 Remake + Separate Ways DLC
-EA Football Club '24
-Hogwart's Legacy

I think it's less lingering salt and more "most of the top games of the year aren't available on Steam," since FC24 being on here is certainly a choice, lol. Just going on gut reaction, I don't think Wizard Game is beating out BG3 or Lethal Company, but who knows anymore

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

For the next Harry Potter game they should hire the people who made that Gollum game to make a game about Dobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there are wizards in baldurs gate 3 and they are gay