Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

100k umbrella shotgun blasts, navia owns

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh, wait I forgot about the melusine event coming up, I think that claymore is supposed to be good for her

it is yeah, like you can get away with a sac blade until then for more shotgun but the event weapon is probably her best free option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just won 5 50-50s in a row... for 4-stars. Wish I had that kind of luck when it counts. Or even on a banner where I cared about the 4-stars.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTR4gTEwzw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Now I have a Navia. Ho ho ho.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

got Navia 80 wishes after the Qiqi

stash took a dent. Might have to sacrifice one of birdmom, clorinde or arlecchino

:sigh:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's cool that the auto-lock comes with defaults, and most of them are even sensible, but the one for EoSF is baffling.

HP sands, but ATK goblet?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm pretty sure Verdict is like a single-digit-percent DPS increase over R5 Serpent Spine. It's basically impossible to justify except as an extravagance if you really love her.

With Serpent Spine you need to wait like 20 seconds for it to stack. It's not the biggest deal, but then neither is Number so :shrug:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Team Navia definitely isn't as strong as the Yelan hyperbloom setup I've been running lately but it's pretty decent. Quite satisfying to blow things away with common 160k crits. Collecting crystals at the start of combat can be a little awkward with Ningguang needing so much field time though, and it hurts to miss or have your target walk a few steps away before you blast them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I got Navia but had to burn all my primos and star-resources to do it :sigh:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

FractalSandwich posted:

It's cool that the auto-lock comes with defaults, and most of them are even sensible, but the one for EoSF is baffling.

HP sands, but ATK goblet?

Raiden can actually better use an ATK goblet because she has a lot of +DMG%

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My unassisted Navia tap does 180k when fully charged lol, what is this thing.

I know the DPS overall will be lower because that's with 6 crystal charges, but she's fairly respectable (against anything that doesn't have a shield, looking at you ice slime in her artifact domain) .

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grumble grumble, slow downloads on PS4, grumble

Event wishes

(10) Candace C7 (20) Stringless (30) Rosaria C6 Candace C8 (40) Candace C( (50) The Flute (60) Candace C10 (70) Dehya C0 Favonius Sword (10) Rosaria C7 (20) Lynette C3 (30) Sucrose (40) Sucrose Candace C11 (50) Rosaria C8 (60) Favonius Greatsword (70) Rosaria C9 Rosaria C10 (80) Navia C0 Favonius Greatsword

drat, that couldn't have been a better character to lose a 50/50 on! Dehya was the last Standard character I was missing. Now I don't have to stress about maybe or maybe not getting her on the Standard Banner anymore and I can just hope I get one of the three 5* weapons I'm haven't had drop yet! Only thing to complain about are 4 stars, because I only needed one more Rosaria. Would've been nice to get a Yun Jin or Faruzan instead at one point!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 20, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait Navia is out already!?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Got pretty screwed on pulling for Navia. Lost the 50/50 for Tighnari C1 (so that's not the WORST at least) at 79 and then had to go all the way back up to 74 to get Navia.

I should be fine if I don't lose a bunch of 50/50s in a row in the next couple patches but still didn't love this. At least Navia seems like she's going to be good fun and big number makes the dopamine go brrrrr.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Wait Navia is out already!?

Her and the new domain are available, I think that's the only real change this patch aside from how expeditions work.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Her and the new domain are available, I think that's the only real change this patch aside from how expeditions work.

Aside from that and the event, yeah, this is mostly a quiet QoL patch while we wait for Lantern Rite patch.

which is fine, because star rail gets a whole heap of permanent content next week, and i still haven't finished exploring even the 4.1 areas yet

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Raiden can actually better use an ATK goblet because she has a lot of +DMG%
She can also use ATK sands, though, so if it's targeted at her personally, you'd expect it to be ER/ATK sands, ATK/Electro goblet. The HP sands must be for specifically Yelan, but then it doesn't lock a goblet for her?

The two new sets don't have defaults, though, so they must be generated automatically, anyway. The in-game stats show that ER sands is much more popular than ATK on Raiden, but Electro and ATK goblet are pretty even, so I guess what's going on is that, because Raiden is such a popular character, both subsets of people who give her either an Electro goblet or an ATK goblet are individually, independently, bigger than the entire set of people who play either Yelan or Xingqiu.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got....a Sucrose dupe.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sucrose constellation havers are a lucky breed. My 3+ year account only has her at C2. And 2 of those were from today putting 50 into the Navia banner.

I'll never have her or Fischl at c6.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Sucrose constellation havers are a lucky breed. My 3+ year account only has her at C2. And 2 of those were from today putting 50 into the Navia banner.

I pulled 11 sucroses in 80 pulls getting Navia. Wish you could have some of mine

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BabyRyoga posted:

...yes...

"lucky"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Girls with glasses are to die for

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd honestly use Sucrose more if she didn't have that auto target bullshit. I guess I'll stick to Kazuha instead, and maybe Cloud Retainer depending on how her kit shakes out.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Onfield driver Sucrose has always looked fun but I cannot stand how she looks and acts so she will forever remain at c6, level 20.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Well after using every single free primo I've obtained since restarting a month ago (Cough and then some) for full double pity to obtain Ayaka I'm very happy.

I now have several micro projects to get her up to a WL 6 compatible status. Including farming up another 100 amethyst lumps to make swords for her. That at least gives me plenty of time to work out what team would go best for her.

It looks like some combination of |Diona/Ganyu/Rosaria| With |Mona or Xingqiu|

And then Jean or Sucrose to taste.

Having just got C6 Rosaria from the banner thats probably a better option if I'm using Mona. Which I guess then leaves wanting Sucrose to swirl?

These options are baffling, and I guess don't need to be completly optimised, as this'll mostly become my new overworld exploring team.

As a seperate question, does anyone stick at AR 50 with WL 6? Its taken me a month just to get a team up to level 80 and decent traces/artifacts that I can actually do story stuff again, and feels like if I bump the average enemy level another 5-10 it's going to kick me in the teeth due to not having anything "stockpiled"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

IllusionistTrixie posted:

As a seperate question, does anyone stick at AR 50 with WL 6? Its taken me a month just to get a team up to level 80 and decent traces/artifacts that I can actually do story stuff again, and feels like if I bump the average enemy level another 5-10 it's going to kick me in the teeth due to not having anything "stockpiled"

You can lower the world level by 1 if you choose, so don't be too afraid of bumping it up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gonna start referring to Cloud Retainer as Birdonetta now.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I've been playing since launch and haven't bothered. Some poo poo one-time rewards and marginally better drop rates aren't worth the hassle of everything taking too long to kill.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I haven't leveled up my AR in a long time because I'm terrible about remembering to grind bosses for upgrade materials so I have a huge number of good characters at level 40 or 20 and I should get on that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Filling Navia's artifact domain with enemies with elemental shields is a really weird choice. The idea is obviously to give you a bunch of extra auras to crystallize off, but it plays directly against her primary mechanical appeal, which is one-shotting things with giant shotgun blasts.

Separately: I'm 20 or 30 Fragile Resin deep into farming this place, and I've never seen a single crit rate hat in her set. I'm rapidly going insane.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

can someone explain the autolocking for me as if I am extremely sleep deprived (i am)

If I want to lock by just substats do I need to select all the mainstats on the front page (aka is it mainstat and substats or mainstat or substats)?
Will this stay on when I pick up new artifacts?
Is there a default scheme to use on all artifacts or do I have to go set by set?

Despite all this I still cant decide what I want to trash

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I stayed at AR 50 for almost a year, because there wasn't much reason to level beyond that. Enemy drops barely improve and the higher level really just means that you gotta pour more resources into characters before they become good enough. The option of lowering your WL even further can be nice too. Only really went for it once I had every character at level 70+.
Jumping to WL 8 didn't feel bad when I finally got around to it, but there's really no reason to raise it until you feel like it. Went straight to AR59 and then reached AR60 soon after.

Grinded the new domain with Navia a bit. She's pretty fun, but her combat voice lines sound a bit different from her regular voice. Is this a Diona/Xiangling situation where they temporarily had someone else record her lines or am I just imagining things?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Xun posted:

can someone explain the autolocking for me as if I am extremely sleep deprived (i am)

If I want to lock by just substats do I need to select all the mainstats on the front page (aka is it mainstat and substats or mainstat or substats)?
Will this stay on when I pick up new artifacts?
Is there a default scheme to use on all artifacts or do I have to go set by set?

Despite all this I still cant decide what I want to trash

In order:

Yes, you have to check all the mainstats if you want it to only look at substats; it's an "and", not an "or".
Yes, it will automatically lock new artifacts you get if they match a filter, as long as you have the box at the top of the screen checked.
No, you can't make a universal filter that applies to every set. (You also can't define a stricter substat filter for feathers and flowers separately from the other slots.)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I didn't increase my WL to 8 until my Neuvilette was nearly built all the way up and switching him out to a lower investment Keqing/Aggravate team showed just kind of how bonkers his damage is. I don''t think there's any real shame in lowering it because the rewards are kind of marginal and there's so much content in this game that there's no real reason to rush it if your characters don't feel powerful enough

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Threw 50 rolls at Navia, and hoo boy were they some stinkers.

Got my C1 Candace to C2 and C5 Rosaria to C6.

That's all of note :geno:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Thanks! I think I managed to only search flowers/feathers by setting no mainstats at all but I guess they'll show up in other searches

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Shinji2015 posted:

It doesn't feel like that download everyone had to install last week helped that much with the update. The patch is still over 60 gigs (which is around the usual size) and Genshin is now at 112GB on PS4.

Yeah, not really much of a surprise though. Even assuming that the point of that 'resource data' is stuff that won't change, it's only 1/6 of the crap they /do/ change in a given patch.

Also lmao like they're going to put actual effort into ps4 dev. They haven't even rolled out that revolutionary "delete inaccessible event crap" feature to things that aren't phones yet, have they?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Rolled Navia on my old account and then did the wrong version of the dance boss because I was in auto-pilot four entire times :)

I also don't recall spending much money on this account, maybe only for Zhongli's banner? But I have C6 Xiangling, Xingqiu, Sucrose, Rosaria, Fischl, Noelle, Barbara, and most surprisingly a C6 Collei despite quitting before Sumeru ever came out. Then a C1 Bennett lmao

I'm still trying to figure out the Collei, I know for sure I hadn't spent money on anything once Sumeru had come out because I was playing on the PS4 and never linked my credit card.

e: I looked through my post history and she was C0 when I started playing again last Feb so I must've just rolled her every single 10 pull I've ever done

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 20, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I'm really liking so far the Navia + Noele pair with two of XQ, Yellan or Furina as supports. On fielding Noele then switching to Navia for a noscope then back feels very smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

AParadox posted:

I'm really liking so far the Navia + Noele pair with two of XQ, Yellan or Furina as supports. On fielding Noele then switching to Navia for a noscope then back feels very smooth.
I did a clear with Noelle/Navia/Yelan/Furina side 1 and it was pretty darn good. Having the extra burst damage is nice. It lets you golden troupe navia too which is a big win, and fav noelle gets great value unlike gorou/albedo comps.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 20, 2023