Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I would watch Ewoks vs Predator, but it’s not that. And definitely not Avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'd guess the guy from Pitfall, but I don't see any alligators... Kazar and Zabu / Savage Land X-men? Land of the Lost? George of the Jungle? The Phantom!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am leaning George of the Jungle too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Following on from Greg's BSG prop chat, I just read somewhere that Katee Sackhoff hated the character of Kat and when the series finished, she asked for Starbuck's helmet as an agreed souvenir but they auctioned it off instead and gave her Kat's "stupid rear end helmet" and now I can't stop laughing.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Every Raph needs a screaming head.

Something that dawned on me today after viewing all four of the LR turtle designs is that Raph is the only one not wearing pants.

I haven't read the comics, but I'm assuming they don't explain why only 3 out of the 4 turtle bros decided they needed to wear pants.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Something that dawned on me today after viewing all four of the LR turtle designs is that Raph is the only one not wearing pants.

I haven't read the comics, but I'm assuming they don't explain why only 3 out of the 4 turtle bros decided they needed to wear pants.

In the story they say that the turtles continued to change and mutate over the years, perhaps there were some unfortunate changes

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

In the story they say that the turtles continued to change and mutate over the years, perhaps there were some unfortunate changes

Oh my!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Oops I crapped my shell

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If anyone can correctly guess who's going to live in this diorama, I will officially be astounded:

Jungle Hunt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Endless Mike posted:

I'm not shocked that they made Avatar figures, but I am shocked someone bought them

They rotted on the pegs until they were clearanced off to hell

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope the color on the full grown Minus 1 doesn’t look as off.

The head is completely different.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I saw someone on one of the FB Kaiju toy groups did a repaint on the SH Monsterarts Minus One, but now I cannot find it again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone got the minus one sh goji and it blows rear end. Don’t buy it.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

CelticPredator posted:

What were the issues?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DisposableHero posted:

What were the issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87CzhfQhPU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oof. I love my Ultima and Frozen Shin from the line but yeah that looks to have a lot of problems. :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is the idea behind BBTS' pile of loot is that, you still pay for the figure when it is in stock, but you can stockpile items so that you can pay for shipping all at once to consolidate the cost?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Correct.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

$4 flat rate shipping and the ability to hold a bunch of items to ship when you are good and ready are the main selling points of BBTS. They also don’t charge up front for preorders. They are not always the place for fantastic deals but they’re reliable as hell.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

$4 flat rate shipping and the ability to hold a bunch of items to ship when you are good and ready are the main selling points of BBTS. They also don’t charge up front for preorders. They are not always the place for fantastic deals but they’re reliable as hell.

Reliable, but often they are the least to get fulfillment.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CelticPredator posted:

I'm disappointed Hiya Toys hasn't announced a Minus One figure yet, but I assume it'll come eventually and blow the Monsterarts version out of the water.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just gonna take what I get from SH and hope my paint apps aren't as grody in hand.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I guess the upside to gettin' old and my eyes going to poo poo is when that video dude started whining about big G's eyes and teeth, I was looking at it thinking "looks like Godzilla to me, shrug". Which reminds me, I really need to pick up an optivisor at some point...

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So is the idea behind BBTS' pile of loot is that, you still pay for the figure when it is in stock, but you can stockpile items so that you can pay for shipping all at once to consolidate the cost?

They also have tremendously good customer service. The small number of issues I’ve ever had have been resolved immediately and painlessly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sentinel Red posted:

I guess the upside to gettin' old and my eyes going to poo poo is when that video dude started whining about big G's eyes and teeth, I was looking at it thinking "looks like Godzilla to me, shrug". Which reminds me, I really need to pick up an optivisor at some point...

For 150 bucks I’d like the eyes to be printed correctly

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Never owned a Neca figure before, but I slammed the purchase button just for the classic decayed prop alternate head:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1737480813380288766

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ankh-chuks are pretty inspired.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Feels like the SH Minus-1 got rushed hard. The eye print on that guys figure is inexcusable. But... 🤞

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I picked up Masterverse New Adventures Skeletor and Slush Head for cheap during Target's sale. Thing is, I never got new Adventures He-Man. That guy was clogging the pegs for months and I kept waiting for a better price, then one day he was gone. Figured I'd have to pick one up on eBay.

I can find literally ONE on eBay, and it's listed at $70. Somehow that guy went straight from pegwarmer to the rarest and most expensive figure in the line. What the gently caress? Like I know he was an exclusive but it was Target, it's not usually hard to find Target exclusives. I'm confused and a little upset. I didn't even want him that bad or I would have paid full price ages ago, but now I got those other guys, so I'm stuck with an incomplete set! Now I'm wondering if I should just return those other characters and give up on the whole New Adventures thing.

Anyone have a spare New Adventures He-Man?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Never owned a Neca figure before, but I slammed the purchase button just for the classic decayed prop alternate head:

oh my god the alternate face is based on the decayed movie costume, that's amazing

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

In news that'll matter to no one except me: Sentinel's Fighting Armor line apparently isn't dead yet because pre-orders for an upcoming Magneto figure just popped up at a bunch of sites:

I have every one of these little metal bois so far and will definitely keep buying whomever else they put out. There was a long silence after Black Panther, Thor, and Loki closed out the first dozen figures so I just thought they were done for. A grayscale X-Force variant of Deadpool came out recently but I had feared it was a one-off to use extra materials that might've been lying around somewhere. I hope they do more X-Men baddies because Mr. Sinister and Sabertooth would both look tremendous in shiny metal

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That looks really sick I can’t lie

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve been pretty content with just having the red Deadpool for my DP shelf but that Mags is utter fire, he may be a pickup

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got the HISS Fire Team today, awesome!

Turns out my HISS has still not even shipped.

This has me livid.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Louisgod posted:

So uhhhhhhhh I pre-orderd Banjo-Kazooie from BBTS a while back and didn't bother to confirm the scale and assumed it was 6" or 7" tall and not a loving articulated statue lol. I don't have room for this poo poo.

I somehow ended up with an extra Jack Skellington 1.5. Wanna trade?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got some Joes in the mail

Shadow Tracker should be here tomorrow or Friday

Got this lady too

Now after that smiling Superman arrives I will have the best Trinity Todd will offer.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Sanschel posted:

I’ve been pretty content with just having the red Deadpool for my DP shelf but that Mags is utter fire, he may be a pickup

Then your need to get Wolverine too because this posing is just excellent

Part of what I love about these guys is how much the colors pop on the shiny metal. I'm not usually a big Captain America fan but I love the Fighting Armor version because he's just so drat blue. They've got a handful of red and grey/black figures done so of the line continues of live to characters with vibrant costumes like Vision, Hawkeye, or Scarlet Witch

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Mutt and Junkyard is out tomorrow in Canada, I'd get it but it's actually cheaper to get it from the normal Hasbro pulse site, that's rather ironic.

Thanks to the no more shipping cost in Canada if you got HP premium the currency conversion still doesn't equal what it would be in normal stores which will charge you shipping.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Has it been said why these aren't keeping with the original character assignments (Raph as the mummy, Mikey as the Invisible Man, etc.)?

I'm guessing Playmates had a say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's loving perfect!!!