Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What a cheap rear end pos car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Elon Musk: Likes are on insta easy

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

My car has a rear view camera and I am on insta easy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would like a backup camera with vehicle path overlays for when I am towing a trailer.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

jazzyjay posted:

I drive an 18 year old

Elon Musk has left the chatroom

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My 2007 Tacoma

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Jestery posted:

As a bit of a thread coincidence I've actually been studying "Fly me to the moon" so I've had it rolling round my head

I'm just imagining the version that musk thinks it is

Ole Sinatra singing about flying to space in a rocket , colonising mars , meeting aliens and racing his tesla around on Pluto

Lol/lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gXLqMe5Bw

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Twitter: Submit Or We'll Prove Hitler Was Right #AmericaFirst #MAGA

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

redshirt posted:

I for one would enjoy reading your Chicago van stories.
They're way too interesting to share, I'm afraid. So many small spaces, so many larger than average vehicles.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Slugworth posted:

They're way too interesting to share, I'm afraid. So many small spaces, so many larger than average vehicles.

Tell us that one time you took a lady back to your van...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Absolutely perfect 'stupid guy trying to sound smart' response

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It distills the essence of water

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol that's like having Elton John tell you your piano technique is ... extremely striking

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
"Your security: not our responsibility!"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

:lol: Yep that's definitely how it happened Elmo! Someone just guessed her password!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Musk also killed 2FA unless you pay for it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo this is exactly what I was saying I couldn't believe Tesla didn't have to do with their self driving poo poo last week:

Mercedes Gets Approval For Turquoise Automated Driving Lights So Cops Won't Pull You Over For Watching A Movie

quote:

How will other motorists or law enforcement know that you have the Level 3 system active and are not just plain distracted driving?To fix that problem, Mercedes has gotten permit approval for turquoise-colored exterior marker lights when Drive Pilot is in use, declaring to the people around you that you’re using automated driving.

The turquoise color for Level 3 driving was chosen by SAE, so other brands beyond just Mercedes will use it for their own cars. In addition to being illuminated in the headlights and taillights, the turquoise is used in the mirror lights, the steering wheel buttons and the gauge cluster, with the color being recognizable for the driver too.

With these turquoise lights, Mercedes and SAE hope to improve both road safety and public acceptance for automated driving — if you see the teal lights, you know the car is using automated driving, so it’s less likely for other motorists to be shocked and concerned when they see the occupants looking away from the road, plus emergency services have a better understanding of what to do if medical assistance is needed. It will also be super helpful for law enforcement, so cops hopefully won’t pull you over for watching TikToks on your infotainment screen when it’s perfectly allowed by law.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Its big and stupid

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Holy poo poo this is exactly what I was saying I couldn't believe Tesla didn't have to do with their self driving poo poo last week:

Mercedes Gets Approval For Turquoise Automated Driving Lights So Cops Won't Pull You Over For Watching A Movie

The NHTSA completely ignored Tesla deliberately mislabeling their vehicles as Full Self Driving and now Tesla is claiming they waited too long and can't make them change it now. So making a new standardized term (Level 3) and adding special lighting is at least a partial gently caress you to Musk.

The vast majority of their customers don't care, but the very vocal tech bros are going to ride his rear end as to why they don't get blue flair.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

Tesla is claiming they waited too long and can't make them change it now.

ah, i didn't realize our regulatory system worked on toddler logic

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

ah, i didn't realize our regulatory system worked on toddler logic

A lot of stuff works that way though. Like if you ignore a trademark infringement for too long. There really isn't any excuse for the NHTSA dragging their feet on this for the better part of a decade.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

A misogynistic sex pest that causes people to kill themselves?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Quote-Unquote posted:

Musk also killed 2FA unless you pay for it

If I remember the chatter from the time this change was made, you can still use standard 2FA, you need to sub to use the older/less secure SMS 2FA.

Which is especially funny when you consider that they're still trying to treat subscribing as a verification process, which any remotely sensible company would enforce stronger authentication on.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Backweb posted:

Bells and whistles chat: All the new features on cars which make them safer also become crutches for lazy drivers, and that is objectively not safe, because they're still operating the machines.

Then why is driving consistently getting safer? At the very least the bells and whistles aren’t hurting while other improvements are helping, but more likely the bells and whistles are letting people avoid accidents or making them less serious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goons getting mad about new cars having more genuinely useful safety features is not entirely unexpected but even still, lmao.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I've never operated my vehicle less safely because it has a 3D overhead camera view but I don't know maybe there's a community of people who just decided they don't need to look around now?

Of course my overhead camera was never marketed to me as FULL SELF VIEW AUTOLOOK so maybe I was never misled into operating it unsafely.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I'd rather know if some idiot is good distracted vs bad distracted

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

redshirt posted:

Except in this case Musk is trying to sell you a handful of sand while saying that.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

redshirt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9BISHFOFXQ

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Apologies if this was already posted, but lol

https://www.cybercatamaran.com/

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Blind spot indicators have changed driving tremendously

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

digital penitence posted:

Much like sea turtles after laying their eggs, cybertrucks (full of car batteries) also yearn for the ocean.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao, I love how the only reason why this exists is because musk once said the truck could also be a boat. You don't see normal cars get loving custom made third party catamarans for a very good reason. I hope some of these get made and bought so we can inevitably see the video of someone's cybertruck sinking in a lake somewhere but I'm not counting on any of these ever getting made.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen and no one will buy it. Tesla stock shoots up $100.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

toss your car battery into the ocean

it is safe and perfectly legal

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Titan sequel looking good

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

*Drives cybertruck through Guernica*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOZTDP8Ff9w

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-musk-steering-suspension

lmao the suspensions are falling off brand new cars, the axles are breaking, and sending them through a car wash could damage all the electrical components.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm Sport Fishing Cybertruck!