Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wild that they're dropping the Kuro no Kiseki/Trails into Daybreak subtitle for what I assume is the third 'Calvard Arc' game

Unless this is the final, final Trails game

First game in a 2 or 3 part finale would be my guess. Maybe the Grandmaster will finally show up in person in front of the heroes and do something now even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

spoilers: the Grandmaster will be stronger than the heroes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually you'll play as the Grandmaster and in a shocking twist they will be defeated by a random farmer and a police officer until a stronger cooler Mega Grandmaster comes to save them.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 hours!)

grandmaster will turn out to be the npc bus driver

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I was sad when Grandmaster turned out to be just some random lady we've never seen before. I much preferred when it could have been anybody and I could wildly speculate about them being Epstein or Beryl or something. Unless of course that was just an illusion and it's actually been Estelle the whole time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've assumed for a while that the Grandmaster was Aidios or some variation of Aidios TBH.

Kale
May 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I've assumed for a while that the Grandmaster was Aidios or some variation of Aidios TBH.

The theme music associated with her sounds like something you would hear associated with a god/goddess type figure to be fair.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://noisypixel.net/falcom-open-to-hoyoverse-collaboration/

Expect to see Star Rail themed DLC in Kai and probably a crossover event in Star Rail a year from now.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

do you think we ever get a game playing from the Ouroboro's side? Some of the daydream stuff involving them was interesting.

just finished the Cedric one. Shirley sure mellowed out a lot from her teenage days in Trails from Zero.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GateOfD posted:

do you think we ever get a game playing from the Ouroboro's side? Some of the daydream stuff involving them was interesting.

every named character to date has been a secret Enforcer and/or Anguis all along

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

https://noisypixel.net/falcom-open-to-hoyoverse-collaboration/

Expect to see Star Rail themed DLC in Kai and probably a crossover event in Star Rail a year from now.

No joke if Rean or Laura were in Star Rail I would play it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i would take McBurn

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm a Star Rail player and honestly, the battle system is very evocative of the CS4/Reverie battle system.

I'm really hoping for Estelle and the SSS, but I know in my heart Rean is far more likely.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

SgtSteel91 posted:

No joke if Rean or Laura were in Star Rail I would play it

Honestly Trails collab is the reason I started Langrisser. Then we got CS3 with Rean/Arianrhod/Altina and Daybreak with Van/Agnes/Elaine.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Famitsu had some info on Kai no Kiseki

-story is post Kuro 2 but it's heading toward the climax covering entire Zemuria so they named it Kai
-Regarding the MC, Van and Arkride solution office will be the center of the story. Other important characters from Zemuria will appear
-lots of mysteries of Zemuria will be answered
-the story is midwestern part of Zemuria
-regarding the girl with black hair, you can imagine with the setting, outfit, and the subtitle of the game
-Gralsritter will have huge role
-Bergard will appear early on
-kuro battle system

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You know, I am not sure I can imagine with the setting, outfit and subtitle of the game.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

SgtSteel91 posted:

-story is post Kuro 2 but it's heading toward the climax covering entire Zemuria so they named it Kai
-Regarding the MC, Van and Arkride solution office will be the center of the story. Other important characters from Zemuria will appear
-lots of mysteries of Zemuria will be answered
-the story is midwestern part of Zemuria
-regarding the girl with black hair, you can imagine with the setting, outfit, and the subtitle of the game
-Bergard will appear early on
-kuro battle system

GRALSRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, best faction focus, and hopefully in exploring places like North Ambria, which have been taunting us for 17 years having kino lore and being the source of the best characters.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

oh heck yeah, more Wazy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm happy Van and company will still be centered, since that was my main worry upon hearing the game wouldn't just be Kuro 3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MythosDragon posted:

GRALSRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, best faction focus, and hopefully in exploring places like North Ambria, which have been taunting us for 17 years having kino lore and being the source of the best characters.

Watch them forget Kevin again

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Multiple years later I get the hankering to play Azure/Zero (whatever their order is) and that leads me to wanting to resume 3rd to get some closure and... I'm sorry, thread. I don't like 3rd. I tried twice - attributed the first attempt to burnout, but I'm just not enjoying "explore a big final dungeon and your reward is random cutscenes". It's a little too artificial for me. :(

This sucks man! I like Kevin! I want to know more about him and see what the church is doing!

But I feel like I'm doing busywork. So, yeah. I'll skim the LP for story stuff and go ahead and anticipate cop jrpg.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Smh. It’s maybe the best one!

But more seriously, if you aren’t enjoying it it’s probably an easy enough game to skip so yeah won’t be any issues if you just jump straight to Zero.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I really need a world to explore and NPCs to talk to. :(

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you are thirsty, the Crossbell games shall be as a water tower dropped upon your house

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

if you are thirsty, the Crossbell games shall be as a water tower dropped upon your house

I am being threatened with npc dialogue lmao

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it is not a threat

it is a promise

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Crossbell is peak for game-long NPC mini story arcs.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Last Celebration posted:

Ehhhhh
Most of them don't finish till Reverie, and still a bunch unfinished.

Also Kevin is my least favorite Gralsritter so I'm fine if they forget him again lmao.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He kicks rear end.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Of the three sky protagonists Kevin is the only interesting one so he should come back, but his arc is also done so it's fine if he stays finished.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

StrixNebulosa posted:

Multiple years later I get the hankering to play Azure/Zero (whatever their order is) and that leads me to wanting to resume 3rd to get some closure and... I'm sorry, thread. I don't like 3rd. I tried twice - attributed the first attempt to burnout, but I'm just not enjoying "explore a big final dungeon and your reward is random cutscenes". It's a little too artificial for me. :(

This sucks man! I like Kevin! I want to know more about him and see what the church is doing!

But I feel like I'm doing busywork. So, yeah. I'll skim the LP for story stuff and go ahead and anticipate cop jrpg.

I dropped Trails 3rd a few hours in, read the screenshot LP and skipped to Zero. I'm now at the end of CS3 so it worked for me

sorry Kevin but I need those random townsfolk to pester and books to collect!

I think you need to love the TitS combat to enjoy 3rd, and I only enjoy it in moderation. maybe someday I'll give it another shot

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

RevolverDivider posted:

Of the three sky protagonists Kevin is the only interesting one so he should come back, but his arc is also done so it's fine if he stays finished.

If you think Estelle is boring, that explains a lot of your posting.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

Daybreak 1 is the best for this and the only one where I became truly invested in the NPCs. It kinda has a Crossbell thing going on where there's a single main "hub" city, and most of the NPCs end of having a side quest at some point (where their dialogue will differ a bit depending on if you've talked to them before). Some NPCs from the main city will also end up in the various other places you visit, or vice versa.

It helps that Daybreak makes keeping track of NPCs far easier - they only show up on the minimap when you haven't talked to them yet, so it's easy to talk to everyone. Daybreak also gives up on "all NPCs being interactable" and instead focuses on a smaller (but still really big) number of more involved NPCs.

My biggest hope from Daybreak 2 (which I haven't played yet) is that it follows up on many of the NPCs.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Time Card Battle is pretty much my favorite battle system, but Sky is kinda objectively the worst at it among all the series that use it. Yes even over Atelier Arland.
Yet I absolutely adore TC.
It's basically just a big apology for SC's failings and left Sky off on a much better note where everyone but Zin got a final Hurrah. Zin's Hurrah and series focus went to Kilika for some reason. Also, only having 16 people to talk to for most of the game was a nice change of a pace from being the a borderline stalker of hundreds.
The main plot is kind of the worst part and only took Kevin from Low B to High B though.

But yeah, if you can't hack it for whatever reason even on Easy, go ahead and read the LP, Its what I do when I hate actually playing a game so I can keep up my Knowledge of All The RPGs.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MythosDragon posted:

Time Card Battle is pretty much my favorite battle system, but Sky is kinda objectively the worst at it among all the series that use it. Yes even over Atelier Arland.
Yet I absolutely adore TC.
It's basically just a big apology for SC's failings and left Sky off on a much better note where everyone but Zin got a final Hurrah. Zin's Hurrah and series focus went to Kilika for some reason. Also, only having 16 people to talk to for most of the game was a nice change of a pace from being the a borderline stalker of hundreds.
The main plot is kind of the worst part and only took Kevin from Low B to High B though.

But yeah, if you can't hack it for whatever reason even on Easy, go ahead and read the LP, Its what I do when I hate actually playing a game so I can keep up my Knowledge of All The RPGs.

Zin has a fairly significant role in Daybreak, so they may have given less focus since they knew both him and Walter would be showing up again later in Calvard.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Any easy way to remember where I left off and what to do next? It looks like I last played the first Trails about a year ago and I’m in chapter at the Ruan’s Bracer Guild. I’m guessing just yap at the townsfolk 🤔

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

check your Bracer Notebook

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Look at your Bracer Journal.

E;FB.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

peruse your Gage Pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

sailormoon posted:

Any easy way to remember where I left off and what to do next? It looks like I last played the first Trails about a year ago and I’m in chapter at the Ruan’s Bracer Guild. I’m guessing just yap at the townsfolk 🤔

First time you went there? (after accompanying Kloe to Ruan) Have you already met the Ravens and Mayor Dalmore? If not, you want to check out the warehouse district in the southern part of town. If you did and met the guild's receptionist, you simply want to visit the hotel and get a room to crash your tush in.