Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys gently caress around with the « Attitude » stuff with merchants? Like, are you actually expected to be donating stuff to traders?

I did with the good/neutral merchants I had designated as my regular sellers, or ones that regularly stocked potions of cloud giant strength in act 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

I did with the good/neutral merchants I had designated as my regular sellers, or ones that regularly stocked potions of cloud giant strength in act 3
The trick is to donate money when you're level 1 (like after a respec) because it only costs like 400gp to max their friendliness and doesn't go away.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I paid full price for their friendship then stole it back. I’ve built up rep with anyone that sells alchemical ingredients and Dammon.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish you could romance Alfira.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Agreed, and also, Kagha. I can fix her

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey are the item rarity classes in D&D or are they a Larian addition?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

There are ranging from common to Wondrous I think.

Why didn’t Larian give us an Apparatus of Kwalish!?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Making someone like Alfira into a recruitable companion seems like a potential Definitive Edition thing, she seems to be pretty popular and there currently isn't any Bard representation in the main cast. Personally I'm rooting for Sazza.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would like (1) unmovable rod pls

exquisite tea posted:

Making someone like Alfira into a recruitable companion seems like a potential Definitive Edition thing, she seems to be pretty popular and there currently isn't any Bard representation in the main cast. Personally I'm rooting for Sazza.

I had stayed pretty spoiler free and on my first durge run I got the cutscene where she shows up at camp and I was blown away that there was a bard companion that I somehow missed on my first playthrough as Tav

:smith:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 21, 2023

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Alfira bard, Sazza ranger. Who would fit monk or sorcerer so we could round the party out?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Hey are the item rarity classes in D&D or are they a Larian addition?

D&D has tiers of magical items but it's not the one Larian uses.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Watching Karlach smash up that hut is hilarious,oh wait i meant loving infuriating cause she got us all loving burned to death.

You can take the rest of your party and stand outside waiting for her.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I did that and she ended up killing herself. It's how I learned how to res companions.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm seeing people thirsting for Alfira and Kagha, but no one wants any hot milf action with Jaheira? Sad.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Well, I finished Act 2 on Honour mode. Ketheric, Myrkul, and Balthazar had some interesting new abilities but I still pretty much rolled them. You just start to get so powerful in Act 2.

Curious how Act 3 will play out. There's some tricky fights in there on Tactician so I still feel like there's a chance I wipe.

Also question for anyone who has finished Honour Mode, or just anyone who knows. Do you still get the golden dice if you skip the final battle by having Gale just blow them all up? I'm going to try the fight anyways if I get there to see what it's like on HM but kinda curious how that works.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You do get the dice as long as you initiate the explosion via dialog at the brain stem when he talks to you himself and not via the toolbar.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm seeing people thirsting for Alfira and Kagha, but no one wants any hot milf action with Jaheira? Sad.

I'm too gay to want that but she is my favorite party member, shame she doesn't get worm powers

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nuclear Tourist posted:

she just comes so late in the game, same problem as the other two non-brainworms characters.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah I love Jaheira's voice acting and the expressions she makes but by the time I get her I usually have my party set and don't wanna be bothered with gearing out another character. Minsc seems like he was done pretty well too but again other than recruiting him that's usually it. Maybe on one of my next dozen playthroughs I'll use them together for as much as I can.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

How much money to get Araj Obladra’s VA to say “Drussy”

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've always been shocked more people aren't lusting over the halfling trader in the grove, the first merchant you meet.

"May you find balance" *makes intense eye contact and pouts*

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

No aren’t, you’ve seen the player stats :argh:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Moon Slayer posted:

I've always been shocked more people aren't lusting over the halfling trader in the grove, the first merchant you meet.

my genuine surprise is the lack of wet cat Rolan art floating around

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I made Jaheria a monk. There's only room for one druid and Halsin got dibs.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

I would like (1) unmovable rod pls

I had stayed pretty spoiler free and on my first durge run I got the cutscene where she shows up at camp and I was blown away that there was a bard companion that I somehow missed on my first playthrough as Tav

:smith:

Same! It was awesome and also :staredog:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I want an arena mode. Let me take my party in to some generated arena and select like 10-20 baddies to fight

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Refried Noodle posted:

I'm trying a two character HM run, because full party feels a bit too easy still and solo seems like a chore. So far it's very fun. I died multiple times in situations where I know I should have approached the fight differently, but a single bad crit or hold person is not the end of the run.

This sounds like a good idea, actually.

I'm still stuck on trying to do a solo HM run because the challenge is really super fun, but the margin for error is exactly zero and it's a pain to re-run the start over and over. Also, I'm trying to do it with an entirely non-broken build, so there's that...

What are your two characters?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Moon Slayer posted:

Arron’s a little poo poo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Refried Noodle posted:

I'm trying a two character HM run, because full party feels a bit too easy still and solo seems like a chore. So far it's very fun. I died multiple times in situations where I know I should have approached the fight differently, but a single bad crit or hold person is not the end of the run.

this is a good option for Elite Gamers in RPGs like this. i did a similar thing in PoE2 where i did PotD with a 4 person party and it was boatloads of fun

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
This is my favorite place to do barrelmancy. Act 2 outside of Last Light Inn before Halsin goes into the portal to save Thaniel. I set them off when the Gith show up.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Geekboy posted:

This is my favorite place to do barrelmancy. Act 2 outside of Last Light Inn before Halsin goes into the portal to save Thaniel. I set them off when the Gith show up.

I use a wall of fire for this fight, the undead do not care at all about just running through it and that one wall racks up a ton of kills. It's tricky to do it solo on tactician.

A Darkness spell can help too, but stuff will eventually get up to the portal.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pellisworth posted:

dragonborn animations are awesome and it's a bummer there are so few of them in the game

also if you equip a hat it sits on top of their head in a very silly way

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What happens if you pet Scratch with Karlach?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
This took me from more enemies than would fit on the screen to two shadows who were way off to the south and missed all the fun.

Now I have to start sending all the boom boom barrels I find to camp to restore my stock.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

grinnard posted:

You don't take dual wield to double staff for the spell DC, you take it so you can hold the staff of spellpower and markoheshkir, both of which give a free cast, letting you cast chain lighting four times instead of the one cast you get from your level 6 spell slot.

Pretty sure they fixed that so you can’t double dip arcane battery any more. Besides, twincasting chain lightning counts as 2 in my book, so my wizard/cleric/sorc can do 5 of them in round 1.

In any case, now that I’m in act 3 and I’ve done some shopping and taken care of Lorroakan and Ethel ; so far I haven’t had a fight last past round 1. I’ve taken to measuring the difficulties of fights by how many of my party members get a chance to do anything before everyone’s dead instead.

My sorc has relatively low initiative so a lot of the time he just ends up watching.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

unattended spaghetti posted:

I haven't stolen a single thing save one ring I really wanted early in the game. I know this puts me deep in the minority.

It puts you deep in the minority of ‘people who were actually able to play act 3 during patch 4’ lol

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Jay Rust posted:

What happens if you pet Scratch with Karlach?

It’s actually a spot where I’m glad that game isn’t faithful in its plotting. Karlach deserves to pet scratch and so she does

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the entire thing of the cast playing D&D, but I have started to find animatics on YouTube of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jab5sNybBOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEeUp41utxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzf_OiTwe8E

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Horace Kinch posted:

I made Jaheria a monk. There's only room for one druid and Halsin got dibs.

I stumbled across a bit of banter between Jaheira and Karlach where Karlach is asking her about her hobbies and she confesses that she likes to play music; so with that bit of inspiration Jaheira is now my Spore Druid 2/Bard 6/fighter 4. It suits her really well and the build is nutty; especially once you get the spore druid armor in act 3. I’m pleased because I like having her in the party but I really don’t like regular Druids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Didn't expect to be called a cuck in this game. I guess I will murder you.