Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

You’d at least be told to job for a month or two in WWE.

Tony gave him a customary suspension but he was injured anyway, and when he came back, he basically gave Punk his own TV show.

Plenty of guys have suffered no consequences for getting in fights! Jericho and Lesnar sure didn't get punished for their fight and I think Booker's stock actually rose after he fought Batista and Batista sure wasn't doing jobs for months. I believe it was SRS who reported that Punk basically conceded on everything except Ace Steel before he came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Seams posted:

The Joshis in a mafia stable but they’re Italian mafia and they all do the hand thing and talk about ziti and gabbagool

Stardom already has a Mafia Bella:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Remarkable the number of people on Twitter who are experts at running a wrestling promotion when an infinitely small percentage of the population have ever done that sort of thing

Even the people who have successfully run a promotion for a period of time in the past seem to have no fuckin’ clue what the kids of today want

Real life problems, like the ones we face today? Far out situations, involving robots and magic powers? Realistic, down to earth wrestling that’s completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

:shrug:

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

I am the one kid who LOVES the speedo man

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

There have been numerous backstage fights in WWE and punishments are mild.

Doesn't Vince sort of encourage them as a way of asserting dominance?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sin Cara 2 was the most feared man backstage.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/HighFlyLo/status/1737308751932031148

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the AI thread.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'll get you a cup of Joe that zero of those are real people! Tuesday nights are alright for KICKS

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Shard posted:

If I remember correctly, Randy signed off on it, but it was such a dangerous spot that the other wrestlers didn't know it was planned. I think Jericho pushed Brock up against a wall or got in his face and Brock was like you gonna kiss me or fight me. I think Michael Hayes broke it up saying it was a planned spot.
That's basically true, the hardway elbows were agreed upon by Orton and Lesnar, but Vince decided to WORK THE BOYS so when Jericho (and possibly others) went to gorilla to ask what's going on, Hayes and others gave vague unsatisfactory answers.

Lesnar came through the curtain first and Jericho started yelling at him about what the elbows were all about, Lesnar just sort of brushed it off, did some sort of "kiss me" taunt, which led to a confrontation that was only ended when Vince McMahon (according to Jericho) yelled "IT WAS A WORK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" and then Jericho got dressed down for being "unprofessional".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

That's basically true, the hardway elbows were agreed upon by Orton and Lesnar, but Vince decided to WORK THE BOYS so when Jericho (and possibly others) went to gorilla to ask what's going on, Hayes and others gave vague unsatisfactory answers.

Lesnar came through the curtain first and Jericho started yelling at him about what the elbows were all about, Lesnar just sort of brushed it off, did some sort of "kiss me" taunt, which led to a confrontation that was only ended when Vince McMahon (according to Jericho) yelled "IT WAS A WORK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" and then Jericho got dressed down for being "unprofessional".

HHH did clear up that Jericho wasn't in the wrong here and everything got smoothed over.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Pylons posted:

I mean I see WWE stans post like this all the time but maybe that's what the AI's trained on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1737325487716815145

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Look, pour me a latte and bet that the kicks are out for WWE on this weekday night. Yes it is the big leagues of sports as RAW really captivates me as an audience.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

If my circle of friends is anything to go by, the girlies want more sicko death matches and blood drinking

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ARMBAR A COP posted:

If my circle of friends is anything to go by, the girlies want more sicko death matches and blood drinking

Ladies Love Cool Jun (Kasai)

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Ladies Love Cool Jun (Kasai)

I'll forgive this entire late stage MJF title run if he gives whoever is gunning for the championship Kasai in a gauntlet

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pylons posted:

The account's private. Was it that 'drab days' Twitter thing?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Merry Christmas everyone!

https://x.com/moviemarvin/status/1737216028805898487?s=46&t=XvrQwNe2ohQa_fKBAbwFNg

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The idea of Wembley being a deflection and not just a success is lowkey the stupidest thing those accounts have pushed in a while.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I very much believe the wwe homer is gonna be just as insulting to daddy vince

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Justin_Brett posted:

The idea of Wembley being a deflection and not just a success is lowkey the stupidest thing those accounts have pushed in a while.

Even with the reduced seating, unless ticket sales drop off significantly All In is gonna outsell Mania again in 2024 and that's already boiling some of their piss, I bet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/benmillerMKE/status/1737379053563486300

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

No ridges or lumps or valleys etc.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Negative Consequencs of the Yes Movement

https://twitter.com/BobbyTakeshi/status/1737101014690611331

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Incredibly hosed up that US fans would want to celebrate Japanese legends.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i can't believe Diego Sanchez killed Roman Reigns

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This is why I said there are some times it feels like Jobber is doing a bit because, come on now:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1737602802417795371

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
the hulkster is putting jesus over at the next PPV, jack

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

whereas Vince booked himself to go over God

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Christ? Who'd he ever beat?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jobber nation tv

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

or maybe he isnt, dude

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
hulk pointing at the jesus and demanding another try at the belt which he wins on the same night

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

rotinaj posted:

I very much believe the wwe homer is gonna be just as insulting to daddy vince

He just needs time for the HHH puppet to arrive to finish writing those scathing parodies of WWE

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Duke Pukem posted:

or maybe he isnt, dude

He can't put over someone that isn't jacked and tan, brother

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TinTower posted:

This is why I said there are some times it feels like Jobber is doing a bit because, come on now:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1737602802417795371

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It's gonna follow the usual Hogan arc of Hogan being all buddy buddy but when Jesus ask Hogan to do the Job he's gonna say no brother