Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lebron Raymone James

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron went for the self oop and was held for no call smh

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
I do not understand the turnovers that the raptors commit on a regular basis. They aren't even trying to do anything. Just incapable of dribbling a ball or passing it to a guy two feet from you.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Devlin saying "Down, 13! There's always hope" followed by them immediately going down 17

Raptors just feel like they need to practice more. Always looking so confused.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

oh god gabe vincent is subbing in noooo

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
"If we can defend without fouling"

man, Wolves can't do that in the best of circumstances. Wolves columnists are pushing to put Slo Mo on Embiid, like they did Luka

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Refs just had money on the first half line, now they can start calling the game better.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Refs just had a 600 word explanation about a shooting foul on replay.

It included the phrase "Because of the distance traveled"

It was a wild ride.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I do not understand this third quarter devil magic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have to stop watching this game now due to plans changing but maybe that's for the best.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Heat with another big lead let’s see what new and creative ways they find to blow this one

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

drat the wolves look good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
loving lmao the Bulls are getting good minutes out of Dalen Terry.

https://twitter.com/Will_Gottlieb/status/1737649468441539048

Zach might have all time bad vibes for a player who isn't like an rear end in a top hat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

caruso loving owns

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

NAZ REID

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paracaidas posted:

I do not understand this third quarter devil magic

So I will probably repeat this in the NV thread at some point, but it's not as surprising given the type of team MN is.

They have a good defense but more importantly they have a RELENTLESS defense. You have the best paint protector in the league down there, your wings are rangey and athletic, even your "bad" defenders are either a 7' Towns or a super crafty conley. The bench comes in and its Kyle Anderson or NAW, guys who have length and good defenders. themselves. You get worn out.

On offense they aren't great but they play down low extremely well, they bang around the paint, and you gotta deal with a lot of athleticism on the wings.

So basically when the 3rd quarter comes around the Wolves might have a little run and the opposing team just can't dig down quick enough and now small runs are turning into longer ones. These are pros so eventually they'll get back up but over the course of a whole quarter or half those differences add up. Especially look at how teams look against the wolves in the last 3 or 4 minutes. You'll see lots of bad offensive sets, contested shots, etc. They just get worn down.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I promise I'll read all that

Also, impressed with Finch and the refs. He's not melting down or screaming, just constantly finding their ear at breaks or as the team dribbles up court in really unobtrusive fashion

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah for this game thats what happened. Wolves came out with energy, Sixers had none until Embiid did what he does and put the offense on his back and then the Sixers made the quarter even. Against Miami the other night no one really did that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

taurean prince forgetting how to shoot as soon as he becomes a laker has been Bad imo

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Precious Achiuwa micd up with "designated encourager in a corporate team exercise" energy

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
When Slo Mo is making bad decisions and his shot's left him, he's one of the worst players in the league

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kyle Anderson should think about not missing every drat shot

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Shake Milton: Still playing bad

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Due to injuries and illness, the Mavs center rotation is Dwight Powell and Markieff Morris, and lemme tell ya, it sucks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Wheels coming off. Philly is a good team and was getting real friendly whistles. It happens.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Embarrassing. No complaints with the team on a loss like that.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, got beat by a great team on the road, these things happen.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the fourth quarter heat baby. heck yeah. thank god they won

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
The forearm is part of the ball

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
bulls are flying around

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Congrats to the Raptors for playing well enough that Denver was forced to play Jokic and Murray for a lot of the game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron james

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hell yeah gabe vincent off dribble jumper time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossSWj17Jnk

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bulls going to be alright if Coby’s game as good as his hair.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

coby is ok but hes no dante exum

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Would be cool to see the mavs come back even with a ton of injured players

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

darvin scam

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I assume the Clippers will get their bearings and ultimately pull away but the Mavs got a lot more competitive when they gave up on Powell/Morris and just went small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
that ist banner in crypto gonna be awkward as hell real soon