Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I’M HEARING GOTH FIGHT?

:hai:
Goth fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Emperor Valens prior to the Battle of Adrianople:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

goth fight goth fight goth fight

Majinfoose posted:

GOTH FIGHT

mfcrocker posted:

Hell yeah goth fight

Majinfoose posted:

:hai:
Goth fight

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I’M HEARING GOTH FIGHT?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If the crowd ain't chanting "Goth" through the whole match then what are we even doing?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

*Orange Cassidy & Marshall and Ross Von Erich defeated Jake Hager & Matt Menard & Angelo Parker after Marshall pinned Parker. Hager and friends attacked after the bell. Danhausen tried to help but was grabbed. Kevin Von Erich came to the ring and used The Iron Claw on Hager.

*Kyle Fletcher & Powerhouse Hobbs and defeated Hunter Grey and Paul Titan. Don Callis cut a promo saying that all the fans want to know about is The Golden Jets when the Don Callis Family are the ones who are winning their matches faster than anyone else in AEW history. He said fear made Jericho and Omega becomes a team. They can run but they cannot hide. Going forward, Don Callis Rules will mean any two members of the team can beat the Golden Jets.

*Anna Jay defeated Red Velvet via submission after Matt Menard distracted her.

*Top Flight and Action Andretti defeated Komander & Hijo del Vikingo & Penta. This was INSANELY awesome.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT's final episodes of the year:

Fallon Henley defeats Tiffany Stratton. Postmatch Tiffany continues the fight and they brawl to and through backstage
Ilja Dragunov says his 2024 will be just as good as his 2023. Ridge Holland interrupts and wants to earn a shot at Ilja's title, Ilja says it's not necessary and they can fight tonight. Trick Williams doesn't know why Ilja did that, Ilja says he's a fighting champ and Trick's still getting a shot Jan 2 at New Year's Evil regardless of who it's against
Lexis King defeats Dion Lennox in a men's Breakout Tournament match. Postmatch Trey Bearhill, the man Lexis attacked to get into the tournament, chases Lexis off
Izzi Dame and Kiana James defeat Chase U (Thea Hail and Jacy Jayne)
Roxanne Perez slaps Arianna Grace
Dragon Lee retains the North American title in a triple threat over Charlie Dempsey and Joe Coffey. Postmatch the No Quarter Catch Crew (Drew Gulak, Damon Kemp, Myles Borne and Dempsey) attack Dragon, LWO (Joaquin Wilde and Cruz del Toro) chase them off
Cora Jade reclaims her locker, which was occupied by Karmen Petrovic while Cora was out injured. Gigi Dolin oversees Cora tossing all Karmen's poo poo out and tells Karmen
Tavion Heights defeats Luca Crusifino in a men's Breakout Tournament match
Nikkita Lyons defeats Tatum Paxley
Gallus (Wolfgang and Mark Coffey) defeat Hank Walker and Tank Ledger
Ilja's title defense against Ridge is stopped abruptly after Ridge drops Ilja on his head. Ilja's neck-braced and stretchered off to end the episode

Out the Mud (Lucien Price and Bronco Nima) defeat Chase U (Andre Chase and Duke Hudson) in an All or Nothing match; Chase U forfeit their tag title rematch against the Family (Tony D'Angelo and Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo), Out the Mud get the shot instead. The Family watched in the crowd
Noam Dar retains the Heritage Cup over Josh Briggs via DQ; Lash Legend hit Briggs with a bucket when the ref wasn't looking, Briggs hit him and Dar with it when the ref was
Cora defeats Karmen
Bron Breakker defeats Nathan Frazer
Joe Gacy defeats Joe Coffey. Hank and Tank prevent Gallus from interfering
Riley Osborne defeats Lexis in a men's Breakout Tournament match after distraction from Bearhill
Oba Femi defeats Heights in a men's Breakout Tournament match. The finals of the tournament are Riley vs Oba at New Year's Evil
Eddy Thorpe defeats Dijak in an NXT Underground match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smackdown:

Santos Escobar defeats Bobby Lashley to advance in the US title shot tournament after Los Lotharios (Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo) interfere
Dragon Lee retains the NXT North American title over Butch
AJ Styles, Randy Orton and LA Knight each want to challenge Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble. Nick Aldis announces a triple threat for Smackdown: New Year's Revolution; winner gets the shot
Bianca Belair, Shotzi, Michin and Zelina Vega defeat Damage CTRL (Bayley, Asuka, Kairi Sane and Iyo Sky) in a Holiday Havoc match after Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre interfere
Kevin Owens defeats Carmelo Hayes to advance in the US title shot tournament. Tournament final is Owens/Escobar, winner gets the next shot against Logan Paul
Styles defeats Solo Sikoa via DQ after Reigns attacks. Styles, Orton, Knight, Reigns, Solo and Jimmy Uso brawl to end the show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/emeraldfllows/status/1736243434120163812

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I know we make fun of Tony Khan loving to introduce new belts, but that's only because he keeps doing it.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
He'll introduce every title he can, besides women's tag titles.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

punchdaily posted:

He'll introduce them, the division just will still not matter even with them

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

He'll introduce them, the division just will still not matter even with them

The division that main evented the last two PPVs?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The introduction of a new title doesn’t matter if the number of women’s matches do not increase

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

The introduction of a new title doesn’t matter if the number of women’s matches do not increase

Well, they'll probably increase on ROH

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

They typically have multiple matches on ROH shows, watch the product.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

punchdaily posted:

Women's tag titles seem like a thing the fanbase, for all their demands, will immediately complain about if they're actually introduced. Plus they barely have a men's tag division at this point.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

The division that main evented the last two PPVs?

Women's Tag Team matches main evented the last two PPVs?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hang on, just making a note that this week women's tag belts are what everyone has been demanding but heartless Tony has refused to provide.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's not that an AEW Women's Tag team championship isn't a bad thing, it's just that Tony Khan is promoting more champions than WWE as it stands.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't know if it's Tony's fault there's only one women's match per show, I thought Zaslov or whatever his name is was the reason because Tony has to adhere to ratings and demographics for some ungodly reason when the completion on any other night is either sitcom reruns, NBA/NFL, or 24 hour news stations doing whatever the hell they do.

ROH is where Tony, or whoever Tony decided could book ROH can cook and it's pretty good. Him having a women's ROH TV Title and a Women's ROH Tag Team championship is good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tony books roh.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

WBD's top brass are misogynists, got it. Doesn't surprise me tbh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I would be more inclined to entertain the view that women's matches are limited on AEW tv because of network notes if they weren't equally limited on pay per view.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rampage spoilers:

Orange Cassidy v Rocky Romero
The Hardyz v The Kingdom
Queen Aminata v Skye Blue
Black Taurus v Hijo Del Vikingo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1737691603337154853

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone more talented at photoshop than I am could make that a "spiderman pointing at spiderman" meme.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Chris Jericho apologizes to Sammy Guevara and says after the World's End 8-man (them, Darby Allin and Sting vs Big Bill, Ricky Starks, Kyle Fletcher and Powerhouse Hobbs) he wants him as his tag partner, replacing Kenny Omega, for his title shot against Bill and Ricky. Sammy accepts
Wheeler Yuta retains the ROH Pure title over Matt Sydal. Judges were Christopher Daniels, Jimmy Jacobs and Sarah Stock. Postmatch Danhausen comes out, announces himself as a judge and disqualifies Yuta; Yuta attacks, Hook makes the save. Hook defends the FTW title against Yuta at World's End
Ruby Soho defeats Marina Shafir. Nyla Rose chases Saraya out of ringside, but Harley Cameron distracts the ref
Top Flight (Dante and Darius Martin) and Action Andretti defeat Best Friends (Orange Cassidy, Trent Beretta and Rocky Romero)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Phasing out the FTW title maybe? I just don’t see Yuta losing to Hook.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

Phasing out the FTW title maybe? I just don’t see Yuta losing to Hook.

I 100% see Yuta losing to Hook. Would be the most stunning result of the night for Hook to lose, more surprising than Sting's team or MJF.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

I 100% see Yuta losing to Hook. Would be the most stunning result of the night for Hook to lose, more surprising than Sting's team or MJF.

I just don’t see someone with a real title losing to someone with a made up title.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I hope they do anything with Hook and the FTW title. Either have Tazz come out with Hook and retire it because he's going after the World Title or have Hook beat a champion while the ref is distracted/knocked out and Tazz claim it's the real world title again idc. It's a prop belt in a promotion that has a lot of championships already

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

fart blood posted:

I just don’t see someone with a real title losing to someone with a made up title.

It’s going to be the PLUNDAHHHH match, which is understandable for an ROH Pure champ to lose.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Or Yuta wins and, assuming Eddie beats Mox, annoys the poo poo out of his three dads by going on and on about how he's the only guy in BCC with a championship

Edit he already is that. I'm sorry I'm sleepy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sharparoni posted:

Or Yuta wins and, assuming Eddie beats Mox, annoys the poo poo out of his three dads by going on and on about how he's the only guy in BCC with a championship

Edit he already is that. I'm sorry I'm sleepy

Yuta wins, Eddie realises he's beaten everyone in the BCC except him, winner take all challenge, Eddie wears 5 belts like Ultimo Dragon and the J Crown.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Yuta wins, Eddie realises he's beaten everyone in the BCC except him, winner take all challenge, Eddie wears 5 belts like Ultimo Dragon and the J Crown.

And then Tony decides to create 5 more belts for Eddie just to one-up the J -Crown

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“But Tony, I’m not under 30”
“Look, President Tanahashi gave me this loving belt as a New Year’s present and I’m gonna use it”

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tampa Bae posted:

I hope they do anything with Hook and the FTW title. Either have Tazz come out with Hook and retire it because he's going after the World Title or have Hook beat a champion while the ref is distracted/knocked out and Tazz claim it's the real world title again idc. It's a prop belt in a promotion that has a lot of championships already

I'm wondering if they have Hook and Yuta swap titles, then maybe unite them?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Rampage spoilers via Wrestling Observer

Mark Briscoe & The Hardys (Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy) defeated Kip Sabian, The Butcher & The Blade

Kris Statlander & Willow Nightingale defeated Notorious Mimi and Kenedi Copeland

Hikaru Shida defeated Anna Jay

ROH Pure Champion Wheeler Yuta defeated Komander (w/Alex Abrahantes) to retain the title

TWO WOMEN'S MATCHES, WHAT YOU COOKING TONY!?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Surprised Shida is back in America already, seems like they were setting something up between her and Tomoka Inaba at the GLEAT show last week

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SG Bamboo posted:

Surprised Shida is back in America already, seems like they were setting something up between her and Tomoka Inaba at the GLEAT show last week

According to a calendar I googled the next GLEAT show isn't until the 21st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
AEW Rampage:
-Eddie Kingston d. Wheeler Yuta to retain the New Japan Strong Openweight Championship, ROH World Championship, and AEW Continental Championship
-Swerve Strickland d. Matt Sydal
-Video package featuring Sonjay Dutt telling Jay Lethal he has a plan
-Hikaru Shida d. Queen Amanita
-The Dark Order (1, 3, & 4) d. Jake Hager & the former 2.0

ROH on Honor Club:
-Top Flight d. the Butcher and the Blade
-Mark Briscoe d. Serpentico
-Diamante d. Dream Girl Ellie
-Kyle Fletcher d. Christopher Daniels to retain the ROH World Television Championship
-El Hijo del Vikingo d. Action Andretti to retain the AAA Mega Championship