Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Yeah Hunger of Hadar basically lets you completely ignore one entire side of the map for that event. It's hilariously busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So Art Cullough is a flaming fist from 100 years ago aka an OG flaming fist. His first words when waking up should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tidxrKAEW-E. Missed opportunity, Larian.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Once per game things that it's easy to forget you have:
Level 10+ clerics can use Divine Intervention
Maximally evil Durges can use Power Word: Kill. Get wrecked, Raphael.

The Lord Bude posted:

Pretty sure they fixed that so you can’t double dip arcane battery any more. Besides, twincasting chain lightning counts as 2 in my book, so my wizard/cleric/sorc can do 5 of them in round 1.

In any case, now that I’m in act 3 and I’ve done some shopping and taken care of Lorroakan and Ethel ; so far I haven’t had a fight last past round 1. I’ve taken to measuring the difficulties of fights by how many of my party members get a chance to do anything before everyone’s dead instead.

My sorc has relatively low initiative so a lot of the time he just ends up watching.

For some reason my sorc doesn't even have the Arcane Battery button from Markoheshkir anywhere on the bar, on any tab. I think it may be broken between the fix you mentioned and having Freecast, which is still broken as hell all on its own. And I don't think you can respec out of worm powers. Ah well.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 21, 2023

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Once per game things that it's easy to forget you have:
Level 10+ clerics can use Divine Intervention
Maximally evil Durges can use Power Word: Kill. Get wrecked, Raphael.

If you want to get really cheesy, you can buy followers, use their divine intervention, and then fire them.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
im going to gently caress zevlor

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just realized I must have made an omelet out of the owlbear egg ~15 hours ago in this playthrough by auto-selecting it in the camp supplies for some long rest.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I'm having trouble making a second item in the Adamantine Forge, I think the problem is that the robot died on top of the forge, so I can't insert the second mithral piece into the forge, which means none of the other functions work. I raised the platform back up, and can't lower it again. I think this is because to lower it to begin with, you need both a mould and the ore inserted. So, because I can't insert the ore a second time, I can't get the forge running again. I think.

Any ideas/fixes for this bullshit? It's an honor mode run so I can't just reload and do the fight again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Deuce posted:

I'm having trouble making a second item in the Adamantine Forge, I think the problem is that the robot died on top of the forge, so I can't insert the second mithral piece into the forge, which means none of the other functions work. I raised the platform back up, and can't lower it again. I think this is because to lower it to begin with, you need both a mould and the ore inserted. So, because I can't insert the ore a second time, I can't get the forge running again. I think.

Any ideas/fixes for this bullshit? It's an honor mode run so I can't just reload and do the fight again.

I had the same thing happen to me and I just gave up. I tried everything. I tried leaving the area and coming back. I tried raising/lowering the ramp.

Like you I'm on honour mode so it was unfortunate.

Would be nice if they fix that.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Ginette Reno posted:

I had the same thing happen to me and I just gave up. I tried everything. I tried leaving the area and coming back. I tried raising/lowering the ramp.

Like you I'm on honour mode so it was unfortunate.

Would be nice if they fix that.

Cheat engine it is! Spawned in an extra armor piece, hucked the mithral into the lava. Hope this doesn't gently caress anything up!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ginette Reno posted:

So Art Cullough is a flaming fist from 100 years ago aka an OG flaming fist. His first words when waking up should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tidxrKAEW-E. Missed opportunity, Larian.

AH SERVE THE FLAMING FIST

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TBC I posted that before listening to the link because I am a Man of Honour

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

sebmojo posted:

TBC I posted that before listening to the link because I am a Man of Honour

It's not like there are other lines to choose from

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deuce posted:

Not when you serve the flaming fist there aren't

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Turds in magma posted:

This sounds like a good idea, actually.

I'm still stuck on trying to do a solo HM run because the challenge is really super fun, but the margin for error is exactly zero and it's a pain to re-run the start over and over. Also, I'm trying to do it with an entirely non-broken build, so there's that...

What are your two characters?

I'm bouncing around a couple of builds, figuring out what keeps me alive in Act 1. Which is fun in itself. Right now I'm trying moon druid for the CC and tanking, and maybe a paladin or sorcerer for single target DPS. Probably a dark urge ranger would be optimal, but I think stealth abuse would get boring pretty quick.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm seeing people thirsting for Alfira and Kagha, but no one wants any hot milf action with Jaheira? Sad.

I do but she's recruitable so you can already have her be naked in cutscenes and stuff

Uhhhhh I mean yes you're right I would love to build a deep emotional connection with Jaheira, Larian pls

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phlegmish posted:

I do but she's recruitable so you can already have her be naked in cutscenes and stuff

Uhhhhh I mean yes you're right I would love to build a deep emotional connection with Jaheira, Larian pls

Shame on you, lusting after a poor widow.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Close the thread and call the horny police

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Her previous choice of partner, which she hasn't been able to get over despite more than a century passing, reveals that she's really into goony losers, which means we're a perfect fit

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Why doesn't the shield spell build arcane ward Swen pls :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jaheira would be around 70 in human years, so that technically makes her a GILF.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Speaking of horny on main, how exactly do I pretty princess my party. The armour and accessories I have so far are charmingly ugly, but I thought there was a way to play dress up without loving up your stats?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

tarbrush posted:

Speaking of horny on main, how exactly do I pretty princess my party. The armour and accessories I have so far are charmingly ugly, but I thought there was a way to play dress up without loving up your stats?

There is a toggle on each party member's inventory screen to display their camp clothes instead of their armor.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

tarbrush posted:

There’s a button that makes your characters display their camp clothes instead of armor (it’s just visuals, they keep the armor stats.)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

First two acts down in Honor Mode, hit Level 10 just as I was fighting Ketheric. I made a whole bunch of mistakes and didn't really read up on his legendary action beforehand so I ended up making the fight so much harder for myself. But I eventually pulled it out, thank you Mama K. I was disappointed to find out that you can't save Isobel even if you don't attack her at all during the Ketheric fight, she just autodies after he goes down.

There aren't any parts in BG3 that I actively dislike playing but that post-Act 2 epilogue is probably the single dullest stretch of the game for me. My MC ate too many tadpoles to resist becoming half-illithid so now I'm an even uglier githyanki that can fly! I'm sure Lae'zel won't mind. Respecced to 5/5 Sorcadin so now I get TWIN HASTE and BIG SMITES. Astarion got caught picking a lock so I had to sneak him out of prison. I don't know if I can even do House of Grief with Shadowheart dead but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it!

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

tarbrush posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2922 works pretty well in my experience

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Deuce posted:

Stand away, citizen.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hotfix addressing several issues just dropped:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3878226811922849512

No more Pinocchios

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
There is currently a bug on PC where trying to drag and drop items to sell will drag the item several slots below the one you're hovering over. Meaning you end up selling stuff you probably didn't want to sell. Very annoying

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

There is currently a bug on PC where trying to drag and drop items to sell will drag the item several slots below the one you're hovering over. Meaning you end up selling stuff you probably didn't want to sell. Very annoying

Oh, that is actually a bug and I'm not going insane. Good to know

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Well unless we both happen to be going insane in the exact same way. Which is possible I suppose.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

Hotfix addressing several issues just dropped:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3878226811922849512

No more Pinocchios

Ah so I wasn't the only one getting that. I was afraid my video card was dying.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I fought Balthazar and his big minions instakilled two of my party members by shoving them off cliffs. "Alright," I thought, quickloading. "You want to be rude? Let's get loving rude."

I stood at a distance and threw web grenades all around him without hitting him, then cast Silence on him instead of starting the dialogue. His first turn was spent wading through webs in a silent panic. His second and third turn were also spent wading through webs in a silent panic, thanks to Wyll mistystepping around and using Eldritch Blast knockback to yeet him back into soundproof web hell. He did not get a fourth turn; a raging, hasted Karlach and her sussur bark greatsword saw to that.

Poor guy never even got to summon anything. I think he did a total of like 2 damage, and that was from feebly flailing his dagger at Karlach in a helpless state of mortal terror. Stick that in your skeleton Athletics check and smoke it :colbert:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 21, 2023

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Is this a problem introduced by today's hotfix?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Phlegmish posted:

Is this a problem introduced by today's hotfix?

No, been happening to me for a few days.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Fixed companions not being able to jump when following the player character.

Thank god,also you know the little guy that’s tied to the windmill? Shadowheart had a scene with the statue next to it but her dialogue options were bugged,does anyone know what the options are supposed to be?

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Angry Diplomat posted:

I fought Balthazar and his big minions instakilled two of my party members by shoving them off cliffs. "Alright," I thought, quickloading. "You want to be rude? Let's get loving rude."

I stood at a distance and threw web grenades all around him without hitting him, then cast Silence on him instead of starting the dialogue. His first turn was spent wading through webs in a silent panic. His second and third turn were also spent wading through webs in a silent panic, thanks to Wyll mistystepping around and using Eldritch Blast knockback to yeet him back into soundproof web hell. He did not get a fourth turn; a raging, hasted Karlach and her sussur bark greatsword saw to that.

Poor guy never even got to summon anything. I think he did a total of like 2 damage, and that was from feebly flailing his dagger at Karlach in a helpless state of mortal terror. Stick that in your skeleton Athletics check and smoke it :colbert:

I love that guy. He is so comically evil and his voice actor was so good. That little comment about his mother being back there on the shelf lol. I wish we had more interactions with him.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Thank god,also you know the little guy that’s tied to the windmill? Shadowheart had a scene with the statue next to it but her dialogue options were bugged,does anyone know what the options are supposed to be?

That used to work before one of the recent patches, and if I remember, she has some memory, or maybe just a feeling from the past, but Shar zaps her hand to shock it out of her.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Obvs not a help on honour mode but if you quicksave and quickload during the conversation it'll fix it and you can go through the conversation normally

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

AgentHaiTo posted:

I love that guy. He is so comically evil and his voice actor was so good. That little comment about his mother being back there on the shelf lol. I wish we had more interactions with him.

Supposedly you can get him mad by picking up his mom and taunting him via dialog, but the last time I was there it was impossible to reach even with enlarged characters or Mage Hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Supposedly you can get him mad by picking up his mom and taunting him via dialog, but the last time I was there it was impossible to reach even with enlarged characters or Mage Hand.

Lately the game has been telling me a LOT of things are impossible to reach. Some of them can be reached anyway, but some are just gone forever.