Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bryce Young is gonna have a pupper named after him in the Puppy Bowl and it'll be the gosh darn cutest thing youve ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

There is a good possibility that Darnold plays week 18 so you all can see what a night and day difference it has been this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

darkforce898 posted:

There is a good possibility that Darnold plays week 18 so you all can see what a night and day difference it has been this year.

Is Shanny gonna play CMC in week 18?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

zimbomonkey posted:

The "Aw Shucks, Look At Him Go" Award presented by Purina Puppy Chow.

Adorable, co-signed

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

darkforce898 posted:

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is Shanny gonna play CMC in week 18?

Yeah I've gotta think if Purdy sits we'll also be getting good long looks at Jauan Jennings, Ronnie Bell, and Jordan Mason

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dutchy posted:

Yeah I've gotta think if Purdy sits we'll also be getting good long looks at Jauan Jennings, Ronnie Bell, and Jordan Mason

And, god help us, the backup left tackle.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
It'd be funny if those guys came in and dropped 42. Shanahan makes his MVP case.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

darkforce898 posted:

Has Darnold gotten snaps this year already?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it a good thing that the #1 overall franchise quarterback is being compared to a tiny puppy? Asking for a friend.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Has Darnold gotten snaps this year already?

He's played in 7 games iirc

E: 4/6 passing for 27 yards, on the year

Papercut fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 21, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kirios posted:

Is it a good thing that the #1 overall franchise quarterback is being compared to a tiny puppy? Asking for a friend.

He’s got that baby dog in ‘im.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That d'awwwwg?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Black Lighter posted:

The Biggest Lil' Guy Award

Just because Tank Dell broke his leg :(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lmao

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Dutchy posted:

It'd be funny if those guys came in and dropped 42. Shanahan makes his MVP case.

Honestly shanahan should be the mvp gently caress it

e: and obv bryce is the most valuable pup

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Bryce Young is gonna have a pupper named after him in the Puppy Bowl and it'll be the gosh darn cutest thing youve ever seen

Bryce Young could play in the puppy bowl and it would be the cutest thing I've ever seen

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 21, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's a small consolation to have teams run so terribly that at least I can say poo poo like "well my owner is a lovely failson with the worst haircut and can't hire coaches/GMs worth a gently caress but at least we're not the Panthers."

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Honestly I was going to find a video of a dog in a wheelchair to show that he can in fact do it on his own but I started going down a rabbit hole of disabled dogs and now my feels are sad

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Honestly I was going to find a video of a dog in a wheelchair to show that he can in fact do it on his own but I started going down a rabbit hole of disabled dogs and now my feels are sad

A dog might be able to do it on his own but Bryce needs an All-Pro receiving core, offensive line and coaching staff and it's really unfair of you to judge him until he has all of that.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Black Sunshine posted:

It's a small consolation to have teams run so terribly that at least I can say poo poo like "well my owner is a lovely failson with the worst haircut and can't hire coaches/GMs worth a gently caress but at least we're not the Panthers."

You misspelled Commanders

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Bryce Young could play in the puppy bowl and it would be the cutest thing I've ever seen

He’d get picked off three times and blindsite would insist we can’t judge him until he gets some Australian shepherds in there.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

A dog might be able to do it on his own but Bryce needs an All-Pro receiving core, offensive line and coaching staff and it's really unfair of you to judge him until he has all of that.

cutest burn of all time. well maybe not all time, there's some other cute ones in this thread. but still :laffo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was thinking of an air bud joke and for some reason all I can think of is Bryce looks like he can’t throw a frisbee for poo poo.

He just has that look about him. He’s the guy dragging out spike ball wherever he is.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

He’d get picked off three times and blindsite would insist we can’t judge him until he gets some Australian shepherds in there.

Bryce Young shouldn't be judged on the performance he had with 1 senior collie and a bunch of pugs, agreed

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
No one with that dog in them can be on a team named after a cat MY COLUMN

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eyes closed
hips open
can't win

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

We did win.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://x.com/benbbaldwin/status/1737915640197808278?s=46&t=2HFO6SZKjNqr-CFyNaA8pQ

Lil’ Bryce, big Andey

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also - lol^2

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the MVP is an extremely stupid award

people literally vote on who they think is "most valuable" to a team, despite that not being a real metric that you can possibly measure. it's clear the intent of the award from the beginning was to award it to the player who had the best season, but obviously that's morphed big time to this weird place it's at now to where it can only be given to quarterbacks

but man how stupid of a discussion is it that we can say Brock Purdy is really good...but what if he misses a game and his backup plays well. that means he's actually not that good? but what if his backup plays poorly, that means he's actually really good? because he wasn't initially as valuable as we thought because his backup is good? bizarre scenarios that have nothing to do with the play of the player in question.

ultimately the award just needs to be given to the player that stands out the most any given season, the one who elevates himself above the rest. i absolutely do not care if Brock Purdy is not technically the "most valuable" on his team....is he playing at a level beyond his peers? is Tyreek Hill doing the same? what about Micah Parsons? Trent Williams? these are the discussions we need to have

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is Brock Purdy playing at a level above his peers? No, obviously not. No one would reasonably argue he's a top 5 quarterback.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is Brock Purdy playing at a level above his peers? No, obviously not. No one would reasonably argue he's a top 5 quarterback.

There are not 5 QBs playing better than him this year

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if the dolphins or ravens win out and get the number 1 seed then their qb gets it, if somehow the chiefs end up with it or the ravens get it and drop 1 i'm saying purdy gets it. this is my final prediction

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

epic bacon posted:

the MVP is an extremely stupid award

people literally vote on who they think is "most valuable" to a team, despite that not being a real metric that you can possibly measure. it's clear the intent of the award from the beginning was to award it to the player who had the best season, but obviously that's morphed big time to this weird place it's at now to where it can only be given to quarterbacks

but man how stupid of a discussion is it that we can say Brock Purdy is really good...but what if he misses a game and his backup plays well. that means he's actually not that good? but what if his backup plays poorly, that means he's actually really good? because he wasn't initially as valuable as we thought because his backup is good? bizarre scenarios that have nothing to do with the play of the player in question.

ultimately the award just needs to be given to the player that stands out the most any given season, the one who elevates himself above the rest. i absolutely do not care if Brock Purdy is not technically the "most valuable" on his team....is he playing at a level beyond his peers? is Tyreek Hill doing the same? what about Micah Parsons? Trent Williams? these are the discussions we need to have

I agree with all of this and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

The Puppy Bowl posted:

he's 1st in YPA, 1st in passer rating, 1st in touchdowns, 2nd in passing yards, 1st in 1st down %, 1st in 20+ yard passes, 1st in 40+ yard passes...

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If you really feel like being tedious rules lawyer purdy is indisputably the most valuable player because he is providing at a minimum top ten qb production for pennies and giving the team more flexibility to build around him. The ultimate rookie qb window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Purdy is the new Jimmy G but not handsome