Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is Argenta's companion quest a known bug issue? I'm at the "pray at the warrent" part and the whole conversation ends with her saying "remember that time you were kind to someone" then the conversation ends and the load screen takes me back to the bridge, with her quest still saying "talk to argenta about her mission" and that's no longer an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

pentyne posted:

Is Argenta's companion quest a known bug issue? I'm at the "pray at the warrent" part and the whole conversation ends with her saying "remember that time you were kind to someone" then the conversation ends and the load screen takes me back to the bridge, with her quest still saying "talk to argenta about her mission" and that's no longer an option

For now you have to pick a different dialogue option somewhere prior in the tree to continue. If you get to that part the game is bugged and the convo ends early.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

pentyne posted:

poo poo mine bugged before then even! Hope this weeks patch helps

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

shrike82 posted:

i've hit enough bugs in act 4 that i'm putting the game down till it gets a couple patches

in the mean time, anyone have recommendations on warham 40k books that cover stuff off the beaten track e.g., rogue traders, inquisitors etc.

The Infinite and the Divine have two cranky old Necrons constantly trying to one-up each other over several thousands of years.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

habeasdorkus posted:

The Infinite and the Divine have two cranky old Necrons constantly trying to one-up each other over several thousands of years.

Trazyn is the best 40k character I will not be taking questions

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I was frustrated and irritated and ready to team up with Winterscale to kill every last one of the Eldar on Quetza Temar and then BOOM Nocturne of Oblivion showed up again so I had to savescum and actually convince Winterscale to not go murder because I love that guy.

Is he just like, contractually obligated to show up during every frustrating quest to make it less/more frustrating?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:wtc: How am I supposed to decide between Abe & Cassia as to who will stand next to me at my ceremony. Bros before hoes I gues.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

t3isukone posted:

I was frustrated and irritated and ready to team up with Winterscale to kill every last one of the Eldar on Quetza Temar and then BOOM Nocturne of Oblivion showed up again so I had to savescum and actually convince Winterscale to not go murder because I love that guy.

Is he just like, contractually obligated to show up during every frustrating quest to make it less/more frustrating?

Oh did they finally fix that quest lol. I'm softlocked trying to side with Winterscale

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Sab669 posted:

:wtc: How am I supposed to decide between Abe & Cassia as to who will stand next to me at my ceremony. Bros before hoes I gues.

Just have his family officiate, he’ll be plenty happy with that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I went Abe and Argenta, thinking I was gonna get jumped during the ceremony.

t3isukone posted:

I hated Quetza Temar's fuckin' maze.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

DaysBefore posted:

Oh did they finally fix that quest lol. I'm softlocked trying to side with Winterscale

I have no clue because this whole scenario sucks. These Eldar are absolute fuckheads and I would happily kill them but Nocturne of Oblivion is my loving guy. And also seemingly the only person aside from me willing to negotiate here, because I am loving trying and none of these idiots will listen to me.

The 'gently caress you both' option is kind of suicidal but also oh my god, they both deserve it. I hate this quest so much.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

For those who hadn't been embracing chaos, what happened after your ceremonies? For me some Inquisitor was awaiting in my bedroom and interrogated me :mad: get off my case nerd

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Sab669 posted:

For those who hadn't been embracing chaos, what happened after your ceremonies? For me some Inquisitor was awaiting in my bedroom and interrogated me :mad: get off my case nerd

He's always there. That's the "very important conversation with mega consequences" hyped in the morality systems trailer.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm not sure I watched a single trailer prior to this game's release.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Chapter 2 Start - Carefully placing all my guys in optimal position at the start of a fight

Chapter 2 End - gently caress it, we ball

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

Chapter 2 Start - Carefully placing all my guys in optimal position at the start of a fight

Chapter 2 End - gently caress it, we ball

Yeah, it's fun when you get to the point where you can have some real swagger. Especially to any pointy eared fools who call you a mon-keigh.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I missed the invisible plasma gun in Chapter 1, where can I get one in Chapter 2?
Also is it better to bribe the Drusians or the Pirates to get a good Heavy Bolter?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
How did everyone build their teams?

RT: Plasma-equipped master tactician officer, powers heal.

Abelard: Vanguard power swordsman designed to counter attack after parries

Argenta: Wildfire Bolter or medicae all the time

Heinrix: Melee vanguard healer with knockdown club, heals others with each hit (built to never create veil degradation ever)

Pascal: Mixed melee/melta bounty hunter

Yriler: She's a ranger, all she can do is shoot and brood!

General plan is to have designed the team to constantly outheal or survive enemy DPS.

Hubbert fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 21, 2023

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rogue Trader: Commissar Officer/Tactician who yells at friends then obliterates enemies with a Bolter Pistol

Abelard: Big Tank who yells at enemies then obliterates enemies with a Big Sword

Argenta: Gets yelled at then obliterates enemies with a Heavy Bolter

Cassia: Groups up enemies for Argenta then obliterates enemies with Space Magic

Pascal: Sets down big buffs in battlefield zones then obliterates enemies with a Plasma Gun

Heinrix: Melee Assassin who gets buff then obliterates enemies with Pyromancy and A Sword

Idira: Executed for heresy

Jae: Executed for heresy

Yrilet: Executed for being an elf

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Rogue Trader: Commissar Officer/Tactician who yells at friends then obliterates enemies with a Bolter Pistol

Abelard: Big Tank who yells at enemies then obliterates enemies with a Big Sword

Argenta: Gets yelled at then obliterates enemies with a Heavy Bolter

Cassia: Groups up enemies for Argenta then obliterates enemies with Space Magic

Pascal: Sets down big buffs in battlefield zones then obliterates enemies with a Plasma Gun

Heinrix: Melee Assassin who gets buff then obliterates enemies with Pyromancy and A Sword

Idira: Executed for heresy

Jae: Executed for heresy

Yrilet: Executed for being an elf

didn't execute Heinrix for being a sorceror, fake dogmatist

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Should have executed Pasqal for heresy too.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

Should have executed Pasqal for heresy too.

knowing enough about technology to identify tech-heresy is, itself, also heresy. so its kind of a grey area

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Keeping Heinrix alive increases my chances to execute people for heresy in the future, therefore keeping him alive gives me a net positive amount of executions for heresy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does healing even work as a strategy? Any action that isn't shoveling out DPS or increasing it seems like a waste as it gives the enemies more turns.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Sab669 posted:

In a largely dogmatic playthrough he's just as ominous and/or ticked, and since I was now a full ceremony-inducted Rogue Trader with attendant privileges that was when I basically agreed that I was on the same side but also he could have his spy back (bye Heinrix) and while I'd help out he would also kindly let me do my Emperor-appointed thing

pentyne posted:

Does healing even work as a strategy? Any action that isn't shoveling out DPS or increasing it seems like a waste as it gives the enemies more turns.

Before I stopped just after Act 3 (I think it was Act 3) started on account of ever increasing bugs I was largely one-rounding fights and never needed it. Bosses would take two, but they still didn't have enough time to lay the hurt on.

Complications fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 21, 2023

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

pentyne posted:

It can help with party survivability a lot when things go not as planned. Sanctic > Biomancy for psyker healing. Light of the Emperor costs 2 AP, but it heals every party member that has been buffed with Word of the Emperor at least once in the same fight, and IIRC for more than Invigorate or Regeneration do. Heinrix can learn Light of the Emperor and then back it up with Biomancy talents that allow heals to crit and overhealing to turn into temporary wounds, which can actually get pretty hilarious in long fights.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

By later in the game you can get an Exemplar talent that passively regenerates 10-20% of a character's max wounds every turn which makes healing pretty useless, so either don't spec too hard into Medicae or plan to respec out of it eventually (unless you really want to do the skill checks for it)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Take Calculated Relations and use your ludicrously high Intelligence for every skill roll. The Explorator has nothing on my Mechanicus Crime Lord.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Complications posted:

In a largely dogmatic playthrough he's just as ominous and/or ticked, and since I was now a full ceremony-inducted Rogue Trader with attendant privileges that was when I basically agreed that I was on the same side but also he could have his spy back (bye Heinrix) and while I'd help out he would also kindly let me do my Emperor-appointed thing

He gave my RT an Inquisitorial press-button-for-help ring and an Inquisitorial interrogator’s dagger. Don’t know if he does that for everyone or if my RT was such a boyscout he got treats.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

He gave my RT an Inquisitorial press-button-for-help ring and an Inquisitorial interrogator’s dagger. Don’t know if he does that for everyone or if my RT was such a boyscout he got treats.

I partly suspect you get that for swearing allegiance to the Inquisition or similar. For all that was the dogmatic bonus choice, I didn't take it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

The color of the ring indicates how much he actually trusts you. He'll always make it sound like he definitely fully trusts you, no matter which color he gives you.

Magni fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 21, 2023

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
OK, allow me to join the chorus of people complaining about the drifting voidship dungeon. I was at least spoiled on it enough to know about shooting the hailers that boost enemy HP, and it was still a pain. Managed to beat the first encounter, ran into the next one with four loving hailers and a ridiculous poo poo-ton of other enemies and after flailing around desperately on several reloads trying to kill the drat hailers scattered around the room when my ranged people were getting swarmed so they had trouble shooting, and lacked the uber-DPS to kill the things while they were boosting themselves and everything in the room, it was very satisfying to say "gently caress this" and kill everything with ToyBox. The boss afterwards was tough but in a fair way compared to that fight. That one fight desperately needs nerfing, especially given the time you most likely run into it and the fact you can't escape once you realize how terrible it is. At minimum the drat hailers should NOT buff themselves so you have a prayer in hell of killing the things before they make everything in the room too tough to kill.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Complications posted:

In my playthrough Heinrix got super anxious about it and warned me beforehand, then during the actual interrogation the inquisitor seemed ticked off about a few iconoclast choices I made: restoring Kieva Gamma instead of bombing it to dust and making a deal with the Aeledari on Janus instead of bombing the planet to dust, but I was seemingly able to bullshit my way out of it with a successful Imperium Lore check. He also subtly implied he's had agents throughout the system for a long time now and could've intervened at any moment which sorta raises the question why he's not bringing up the part where a Drukhari fleet appeared out of nowhere and stole a loving sun, really disappointing I wasn't given a dialogue option to ask about that. I only ended up getting the ring and I got to keep Heinrix tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My Grand Strategist is really good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shouting at Argenta to shoot things feels like Alicia Rush for a new generation

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
In yet another case of Casisa is bonkers: I've unlocked Mend Reality, and hilariously fucks up daemons and psykers. End of Act 2, any kind of fight with those Cassia jsut pops Reveal the Light on herself, then Mend Reality and now the entire party has like +12 deflection against warp damage and any daemonic attacks. Freakin' light armor characters get smacked in the face by a Bloodletter and it ends up doing under 10 damage. :allears:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm worried that, because owlcat hates their players, they're going to Nerf Cassia and Argenta into the ground

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

At least when Marazhai talks to me, it doesn't make me think of a meme ape, unlike Yrilet who clearly just says "monke" every time.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I like the portrayal of Eldar on this game. Supercilious, blessed with some sort of psychic appreciation of the world beyond human understanding, but also too emotional and fickle not to constantly step on their own dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

I like the portrayal of Eldar on this game. Supercilious, blessed with some sort of psychic appreciation of the world beyond human understanding, but also too emotional and fickle not to constantly step on their own dicks.

They also regularly are shown to be just as fallible and incompetent as anyone else, while completely convinced of their superiority. They're absolutely insufferable and it rocks