Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

somerton just removed his apology video from youtube

lol, lmao, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Jessie saying that her favorite part of being a YouTuber is putting together a big essay explains so much, ngl

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

lol, lmao, etc

lol I had just finished watching it. Really not sure what he wanted to achieve with it. It wasn't an apology at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

hopeandjoy posted:

lol, lmao, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoySOGlZ_U

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Just enough self-awareness of marketing to know that pr stunt did not work with audiences.

I wonder how long he'll keep his Patreon up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Annointed posted:

Just enough self-awareness of marketing to know that pr stunt did not work with audiences.

I wonder how long he'll keep his Patreon up.

the patreon is apparently also already re-suspended

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

awaiting Somerton Apology REVENGEANCE

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Eddy Burback did another video where he goes to somewhere a whole lot but this one is a bit smaller than his usual romps since he just had to go to a very large thing instead of several large things around the American Continent: The Las Vegas Sphere!

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Honestly for as reprehensible as his whole grift was I do hope the guy gets some genuine help and is able to experience actual growth and self reflection someday; ideally far, far away from the public eye. Like he just seemed so drat miserable and bitter even at his peak, why bother with this sort of career if there's no real joy in it

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Someone who is not me will doubtless find this enlightening.

arfjason does that way better

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

KingKalamari posted:

I think all of this can be easily explained by him being a business major.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Alaois posted:

"I am sorry my apology was bad, I'll do it again later"

It'd be really funny if he uploaded it again but with just some bits removed as it turned out he stole them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If hed done the ukulele thing i think people would unironically have forgiven him

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
He'll reupload another apology video with a ukulele but first he needs to fundraise to buy one.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

If hed done the ukulele thing i think people would unironically have forgiven him
nah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I would chuckle, then immediately re-consign him to the bin of "gently caress this rear end in a top hat"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Autisanal Cheese posted:

:(

hopeandjoy posted:

lol, lmao, etc

:haw:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Clerical Terrors posted:

He'll reupload another apology video with a ukulele but first he needs to fundraise to buy one.

He'll be using a really expensive ukulele with a second, slightly less expensive ukulele in the background. The ukulele will have a sticker on it reading "this machine blames women"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Autisanal Cheese posted:

In the spirit of the subject, plagiarism.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Christ Mike, why would you call a corgi "the doge coin dog".

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

What else would you call it, “the Queen had a bunch of those”?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The doge coin dog is a Shiba inu

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The doge coin dog is a Shiba inu

no it's a dog actually

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

the matter-of-fact nature with which he said it made me question whether or not it really was a corgi for a second though

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It seems obvious that Somerton’s play was going to be to go dark for a while and then relaunch and hope no one cared anymore, but two weeks was not going to be long enough. Probably should have waited at least six months

Next he’ll drift on over to the wingnut welfare circuit, playacting as the Good Gay for chuds. If he makes it through 2024 without publicly whining about being cancelled by SJWs I’ll be stunned

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

bravesword posted:

It seems obvious that Somerton’s play was going to be to go dark for a while and then relaunch and hope no one cared anymore, but two weeks was not going to be long enough. Probably should have waited at least six months

Next he’ll drift on over to the wingnut welfare circuit, playacting as the Good Gay for chuds. If he makes it through 2024 without publicly whining about being cancelled by SJWs I’ll be stunned

I’ll be surprised if he makes it TO 2024 without doing that

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

turning the big dial that says "Misogyny" on it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not knowing anything about doge is something I admire in a person.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I play Doge 2048 a few times a year. Best Doge related thing. Possibly only good Doge related thing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

"I am sorry my apology was bad, I'll do it again later"

It'd be really funny if he uploaded it again but with just some bits removed as it turned out he stole them.

Even better if there's just an intro screen with his "inspired by" crediting thing.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not knowing anything about doge is something I admire in a person.

ignorance of medieval venetian governance is a plus, apparently

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

bird. posted:

Fav science YouTuber Angela Collier does very good essays on science adjacent things and all of em are bangers, criminally undersubbed

https://youtu.be/TwCbMJmgShg

Replying to this from June because I recently ran across Collier's channel and she is indeed a complete badass. Good physics content, and also really good content on science communication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBBnfu8N_J0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY985qzn7oI

One of her most important videos is one of the first she made, and it's a complete bummer but also important to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNRBa39Iig

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alaois posted:

It’s ukelele time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

turning the big dial that says "Misogyny" on it

But his dial already goes to eleven.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arivia posted:

What else would you call it, “the Queen had a bunch of those”?

Cowboy bebop

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuebot posted:

Cowboy bebop

Surely you mean the corgi named Zwei from the hit online anime series RWBY, yes?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
a cool very underviewed channel is bapsago, a south korean lady who reviews dating sims

https://www.youtube.com/@bapsago/videos

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4mPkze9AEs

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the reason why somerton tried anything instead of slinking away in shame is because he thinks hes intelligent enough to talk his way out of any situation. why not. its worked before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

He’s just going to keep doing it at regular intervals until a week goes by without anyone dunking on him, like a velociraptor testing the enclosure fence at jurassic park.