Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'll also never get over them calling the new DOOM game DOOM. It was already a tired thing to do at that point but it's especially goofy to do it when it's the name of one of the most well-known and important games ever made. Like when they named The Thing prequel The Thing.

Should’ve called it A Doom and A Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
It's almost 2024, where is Duke Nukem 4D?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

HolyKrap posted:

Don’t you mean, “when”?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
another productive year :shepface:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where are you getting those sttas

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

steam year in review

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steam year in review

I have like 60% EU4 which is loving crazy when I think about how much time I spend on shooters.

Goal for 2024, cut out my job so I have more time to play shooters

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

skasion posted:

Goal for 2024, cut out my job so I have more time to play shooters

I mean you could just take a holistic approach and look at how to maximize all parts of your life so your most efficient and at harmony with all of them, and like do shooting at your job.

Oh wait no poo poo, that came out wrong, not like that, not like that!!!!!!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

steam year in review

It's fun to look at but mine is also wildly, hilariously wrong, like saying I spent more time in Baba Is You (which I opened briefly one evening, played one level of, and then quit) than I did in 80-hour-long JRPGs or challenge platformers that I spent dozens of hours 100%ing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is it possible to look it up in the overlay instead of in browser? It's asking me sift through my email and I... I just don't want to make that effort.

e: you can!

e2: I blew a 180 day streak because I didn't play on the 14th. Boooooo me

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 20, 2023

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Much like how my YouTube Music year in review is never accurate because of certain playlists that I put on as background music (and certain albums when I have trouble sleeping), my Steam stats always include inflated playtimes for Lord of the Rings Online when I left the launcher open to install/update. Although that has been less of an issue in the NVME age.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

Much like how my YouTube Music year in review is never accurate because of certain playlists that I put on as background music (and certain albums when I have trouble sleeping), my Steam stats always include inflated playtimes for Lord of the Rings Online when I left the launcher open to install/update. Although that has been less of an issue in the NVME age.

Aoe2De takes so long to boot up that it still eats up ~5% of my monthly time even though I'm only just checking in daily to make sure there's no new event

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

It's fun to look at but mine is also wildly, hilariously wrong, like saying I spent more time in Baba Is You (which I opened briefly one evening, played one level of, and then quit) than I did in 80-hour-long JRPGs or challenge platformers that I spent dozens of hours 100%ing.

I liked that it told me Live a Live and System Shock remake were my most played "VR games"

Been replaying Blood and somehow ran out of ammo completely on the first episode boss, had to pitchfork the second gray gargoyle to death which was.... interesting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr E posted:

I liked that it told me Live a Live and System Shock remake were my most played "VR games"

Been replaying Blood and somehow ran out of ammo completely on the first episode boss, had to pitchfork the second gray gargoyle to death which was.... interesting.

I like how civvie said he wasn't going to do that and the very next episode he's doing it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HolyKrap posted:

That was Time to Kill :v:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I totally hosed my year stats by idling in mw2 dmz for battle pass coins in April. Even though that was the last month I played it this year it's still 29% of my game time lol

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ToxicFrog posted:

Yeah, like one of my most played genres was "Card Battler" even though the only card-related game I played this year was 33 hours of Inscryption in a year where I comfortably averaged 60-80 hours per 2 weeks of gaming. I also put hundreds of hours into Judgment, Lost Judgment, and Yakuza Like a Dragon 7 and none of their respective genres are on the chart. This is upsetting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Am I missing anything or where does it show your total playtime for all the games, not just individual?

site posted:

I totally hosed my year stats by idling in mw2 dmz for battle pass coins in April. Even though that was the last month I played it this year it's still 29% of my game time lol

I'm at 27% for ultrakill and I did not idle it for any time at all lol

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmeP4v0SpiU

thank u hakita very cool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Steam sale tomorrow. Super pumped, hoping to get Doom 1 real cheap. I mostly only played 2 as a kid

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steam sale tomorrow. Super pumped, hoping to get Doom 1 real cheap. I mostly only played 2 as a kid
It's already $5 at full price, how cheap does it need to get?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It should cost no more than a can of Zero Sugar Monster from the gas station

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Volte posted:

It's already $5 at full price, how cheap does it need to get?
The sale is a good excuse to pick up the DOOM Franchise Bundle for like $30.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ExcessBLarg! posted:

The sale is a good excuse to pick up the DOOM Franchise Bundle for like $30.

just had a look at the DOOM Franchise Bundle and not surprised but glad to see that it includes Doom 64. Definitely a game worthy of inclusion with the other doom games.

No Doom rpg though. What the hell ID???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom RPG getting lost to iOS is a tragedy. Someone did a PC port a few years back that was really cool. The second one rocked. There was also those fun Doom 3 and Rage rail shooters for iPhone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't... Someone just drop a doom rpg sourceport a few months ago?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Doom RPG getting lost to iOS is a tragedy. Someone did a PC port a few years back that was really cool. The second one rocked. There was also those fun Doom 3 and Rage rail shooters for iPhone.

yeah, both have source ports now

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/129997-doom-rpg-port-reverse-engineering-update-version-02-source-code-release/

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/135602-doom-ii-rpg-port-reverse-engineering-version-01-source-code-release/

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Once again, I noticed that Cultic quietly updated with a new achievement--this time it's called "Cultmas is Cancelled", so I can only assume it's a holiday themed update.

EDIT: Ah yeah, the description for the achievement is "Destroy the 6 tall, athletic Santa Clauses in Merry Cultmas"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 21, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a Christmas miracle. If I can get these running on steam deck,,, hohoho

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Once again, I noticed that Cultic quietly updated with a new achievement--this time it's called "Cultmas is Cancelled", so I can only assume it's a holiday themed update.

EDIT: Ah yeah, the description for the achievement is "Destroy the 6 tall, athletic Santa Clauses in Merry Cultmas"
Yeah, a new survival mode map is coming in a matter of hours.

https://twitter.com/JasozzGames/status/1737523009265561790

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This Quake map looks nice
https://twitter.com/AmelieCLanglois/status/1737741759101465046

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Do your bets!
https://twitter.com/pripyatbeast/status/1737609657156612172

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blood 2: The Chosen remaster
:ramsay:

koren
Sep 7, 2003

She makes very good maps but they tend to be long and difficult so prepare for a session. Strongly recommend I No Longer Fear The Ranger Guarding My Heel and her shorter contribution to Snack Pack 3 too.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Thief 1 - 2 plz thnk u

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom Eternal :pray:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I really, really hope they get to remaster Thief 1-2, especially given the SS2 Remaster has likely done a bit of the Dark Engine legwork already

edit: also on the topic of Night Dive, PC Gamer named System Shock as the 'Best Remake 2023', which is pretty impressive considering Resident Evil 4 also came out this year!
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-remake-2023-system-shock/

Convex fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 21, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Kins posted:

Yeah, a new survival mode map is coming in a matter of hours.

https://twitter.com/JasozzGames/status/1737523009265561790

I'm going to pretend that me asking Jason about how to get custom difficulties working in Interlude (start a custom difficulty in chapter 1 then force load Interlude) is what led to this pseudo NG+ mode.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I'm slowly working my way through Thief at the moment. It's amazing and the TFix stuff has done a wonderful job. It's not top of my list for NightDive but I know they'd do a good job of it.

My hope is for any number of the various Alien games. Alien Trilogy, AvP, AvP2..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Imagine they somehow got the go-ahead to remaster Unreal?