Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nerox
May 20, 2001

It was nearly two decades ago when Stephen Colbert made the joke that reality has a liberal bias. Elon is now using that joke sincerely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

"A member of congress" doesn't exactly carry the weight it used to.

Was this the member of congress giving handjobs in a theatre?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Jorp using AI as "research assistants" would explain why his pseudoacademic writing has been even more nonsensical than usual in recent years.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
anybody else’s timeline is now filled with blue check IDF propaganda posters and neonazis?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Immigrants would be less likely to hit and run if they could receive valid drivers licenses and didn't fear deportation. They have no choice but to run

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

anybody else’s timeline is now filled with blue check IDF propaganda posters and neonazis?

"now"?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Can't wait for my waterproof cybertruck. I'm sure making it waterproof as an afterthought retrofit kit will work great. Excited to ford small lakes and rivers

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
They'll just expanding foam the doors closed, turning it into a big coffin

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Automata 10 Pack posted:

unfortunately I must inform you that Elon musk bought Twitter in October of 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just naked racism. gently caress these ghouls.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Play posted:

deleting it would be pointless, the most pathetic and ineffective form of protest

have you considered it could temporarily placate some of the preachiest goons on here

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, have we become desensitized to Musk's nonsense? Because that was some of the most direct racist stuff I can recall him saying. Also fully dispensing with the "political moderate" role.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Conspiracy does not imply a competently crafted plan . It had never implied this !! It literally means secret plan among two or more people.

Ahh I hate him so much

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kale posted:

:lol: at Elon thinking John Oliver being lefty as gently caress is some sort of new development. Also if the internet is so woke why is everywhere I look thats linked into the mainstream full of right wing circlejerk comments agreeing with each other as far as I can scroll and basically nothing else nowadays.

Because fascism is, at its core, an inferiority complex

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Butterwagon posted:

Can't wait for my waterproof cybertruck. I'm sure making it waterproof as an afterthought retrofit kit will work great. Excited to tesla small lakes and rivers

It's what the kids are all calling it now

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

But muh white genocide lol

How tf did Kanye lose all his sponsorships and get shitlisted but this chinless gently caress is still going strong? This is a rhetorical question, I know why

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Twitter, yes to both. Threads, though, has been primarily IDF propaganda almost exclusively for weeks. It shows up in my feed and feels completely shoehorned in without rhyme or reason to try and tell me how genocide is good and actually it's antisemitic to think or feel otherwise. And from accounts that have less than a hundred followers. How the gently caress is this deemed significant enough to share by default? Get the gently caress out of my algo, bitch. Blocked.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

But muh white genocide lol

How tf did Kanye lose all his sponsorships and get shitlisted but this chinless gently caress is still going strong? This is a rhetorical question, I know why
It still makes me laugh so much that he wouldn’t put stairs in his weird school because he was deathly afraid of them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Israeli astroturfing campaigns predate a lot of the modern stuff by many years: https://www.jpost.com/israel/israels-newest-pr-weapon-the-internet-megaphone

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I'm not sure what's happening at the moment but I know back around the beginning of summer algorithms got severely hosed with. Every other post in my feed was some right wing shill or politician that I wasn't even close to following even through other accounts I followed.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

It probably switched the Home tab to For You again.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Deep in the IDF propaganda bunker: "We can get this in front of how many people just by saying 'Mr Musk you're very smart' on TV??"

The Saudis had to loan him 40bn for a look in lol

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

He's been sexually harassing grok?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

guys, is twitter racist?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jelly posted:

guys, is twitter racist?

No, you’re thinking of X, the everything app

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Seems to me Grok isn't a beta, Grok is an alpha

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol the cybertrukkk has not been approved for sale in the UK as a consumer vehicle because it's illegal to drive with a normal licence as it's too heavy and dangerous

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol the cybertrukkk has not been approved for sale in the UK as a consumer vehicle because it's illegal to drive with a normal licence as it's too heavy and dangerous
Somehow the Brits stay winning?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Somehow the Brits stay winning?

Another Brexit victory!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Quote-Unquote posted:

Why did we, as a nation, secede from them, if not to remove ourselves from such pathetic cowardry :911:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Quote-Unquote posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/cybertruck-elon-musk-tesla-not-sold-europe-anytime-soon-2023-12

You mean the whole of Europe.

But I wouldn't worry about it, Elon has predicted Europe will have a massive civil war because its letting in too many foreigners.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

But if Cybertrucks are illegal, the only people who will have them (in the upcoming European civil war) will be the criminals (read: refugees)!

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I've been agnostic since I was 15 but I believe that Elon Musk is the anti-christ.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Speaking of Nazi websites…

(crosspost from the IoSM thread)

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

caspergers posted:

I've been agnostic since I was 15 but I believe that Elon Musk is the anti-christ.

In the sense that christ had 12 friends sure

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

dr_rat posted:

Does musk know that though? Musk seems very good at not picking up on subtle things like that.

I know :thejoke:, but the idea that Elton John is subtly gay made me laugh.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dewgy posted:

Speaking of Nazi websites…

(crosspost from the IoSM thread)

We don't weally like Nazis either but uwu what can you doooo

:shrug:

Pathetic poo poo all around from the planet.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i may not agree with what you’re saying but i will defend to my death by your hand your right to say it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

caspergers posted:

my relationship with faith is "it's complicated", but I had twelve years of education in Christian schools, which taught me, among other things, that:

-the idea of a singular Anti-Christ, with superpowers and a role in The End Times, isn't canon so much as it's deranged fanfiction, but
-there is a warning in the Bible about people whose values and actions are antithetical to everything Jesus taught, or "anti-Christ", and poo poo yeah, that's our Special Rocket Boy Melon to a tee (along with a distressingly high proportion of the people who currently run everything, in general)