Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Magni posted:

The color of the ring indicates how much he actually trusts you. He'll always make it sound like he definitely fully trusts you, no matter which color he gives you.

I'm guessing red must be bad then, because looking at Toybox the variables for 'trusts me' and 'doesn't trust me' weren't set properly and this was breaking my quest progression later on. :v:

Jack Trades posted:

At least when Marazhai talks to me, it doesn't make me think of a meme ape, unlike Yrilet who clearly just says "monke" every time.

Yrliet was doing that, but then she self-corrected herself to elantach, which I thought was a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, Yrliet has stopped calling me a mon-keigh in the text lines, though her voice acted barks still have a lot of it. She's even started sticking up for me and my fellow apes in act 4 because of how I've treated her. Getting the farseer we rescued in Commoraugh to call me elentach instead of mon-keigh was also nice, even if he had to catch himself. The Eldar are dicks and it rules, and the Dark Eldar are exactly as exterminate on sight as they should be.

Also, apparently if you cause a warp incursion during your escape it results in a full on disjunction in Commoraugh, which, good. gently caress those assholes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My ring color was white, which I would guess is I Actually Trust You, which is weird because again I've been sowing the seeds of heresy every chance I get

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i started a new game to putter with something and my first warp power idira did in chapter 1 killed her and summoned one of those blue demons, i couldn't help but laugh since it was in the prison colony miniboss fight and it was the very first use of psychic scream that did it

it was actually mildly inconvenient at the time since i had uhh only 3 people left since i went there first

Sloober fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 21, 2023

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, Yrliet has stopped calling me a mon-keigh in the text lines, though her voice acted barks still have a lot of it. She's even started sticking up for me and my fellow apes in act 4 because of how I've treated her. Getting the farseer we rescued in Commoraugh to call me elentach instead of mon-keigh was also nice, even if he had to catch himself. The Eldar are dicks and it rules, and the Dark Eldar are exactly as exterminate on sight as they should be.

Also, apparently if you cause a warp incursion during your escape it results in a full on disjunction in Commoraugh, which, good. gently caress those assholes.

Yep, I spent zero words on Marazhai and his buddies. Well, except the ones I used to antagonize him. There's apparently an achievement for pissing him off at the governor's camp!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I still can't figure out why my Cassia has infinite attack actions (not AP) when using her powers?
I tried reading all the talents and checking all her equipment and even tried respeccing her from scratch, and I still can't figure it out.

Does any one else has the same bug?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Warmachine posted:

Yep, I spent zero words on Marazhai and his buddies. Well, except the ones I used to antagonize him. There's apparently an achievement for pissing him off at the governor's camp!

I kept antagonizing him, even during the interrogation I managed to pass the persuasion check to convince him I have a secret to share to him then go "aha made you look". After all that I was surprised he wanted to join up with me at all

Jack Trades posted:

I still can't figure out why my Cassia has infinite attack actions (not AP) when using her powers?
I tried reading all the talents and checking all her equipment and even tried respeccing her from scratch, and I still can't figure it out.

Does any one else has the same bug?

If you give her a specific navigator staff, I forget which one, she can keep using offensive abilities but will start taking damage for each extra attack you make with her. The damage is extremely negligible though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Does anyone have good 40k art to use for a character portrait. AI poo poo makes searching difficult.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clerical Terrors posted:

If you give her a specific navigator staff, I forget which one, she can keep using offensive abilities but will start taking damage for each extra attack you make with her. The damage is extremely negligible though.

I am using that staff but the description says that it only resets the cooldown, not that it gives free attack actions.
I tried switching off the staff and I was still able to do 5 Held in My Gaze every turn, although my that's caused by weapon's passive abilities still applying even when they're in the unequipped weapon set? The stat bonuses don't seem apply though when you aren't holding the weapon.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

I kept antagonizing him, even during the interrogation I managed to pass the persuasion check to convince him I have a secret to share to him then go "aha made you look". After all that I was surprised he wanted to join up with me at all

oh nooo 4 damage im regenerating for like 15/turn oh nooo

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I got that achievement!

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Jack Trades posted:

I am using that staff but the description says that it only resets the cooldown, not that it gives free attack actions.
I tried switching off the staff and I was still able to do 5 Held in My Gaze every turn, although my that's caused by weapon's passive abilities still applying even when they're in the unequipped weapon set? The stat bonuses don't seem apply though when you aren't holding the weapon.

yeah it only stopped happening for me after I gave her a different staff alltogether...then immediately went back to the broken staff because this was also before they fixed her infinite Tactical Advantage stacking so she could blast 5x200 damage on a turn lmao.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Does anyone have good 40k art to use for a character portrait. AI poo poo makes searching difficult.

Clerical Terrors posted:

After Act 3 I immediately handed him over to Heinrix and the Inquisition. I just wish I could have seen his face when they took him. What the gently caress did he think was going to happen the moment he became anything less than useful to me? Pretty much the only time doing that could be justified. Yrliet doesn't deserve to be tortured to death, and Idira may need to get blammed because of her lack of control and the threat that poses because she's a psyker, but you're not gonna rehabilitate a guy who's an obligate sadistic serial killer. Some Drukhari apparently do eventually make their way to a craftworld and join a Path and stop being total monsters, but I don't see that in the cards for Marazhai.

I'd enjoy having an Exodite world Eldar companion. Just a full on country bumpkin elf who's wowed by travelling the stars even in a non-eldar ship. They bring along their trusty steed - a Tyrannosaurus.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Handing companions over sounds great, but who do I hand over the Heindrix and Argenta to? :commissar:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

After Act 3 I immediately handed him over to Heinrix and the Inquisition. I just wish I could have seen his face when they took him. What the gently caress did he think was going to happen the moment he became anything less than useful to me? Pretty much the only time doing that could be justified. Yrliet doesn't deserve to be tortured to death, and Idira may need to get blammed because of her lack of control and the threat that poses because she's a psyker, but you're not gonna rehabilitate a guy who's an obligate sadistic serial killer. Some Drukhari apparently do eventually make their way to a craftworld and join a Path and stop being total monsters, but I don't see that in the cards for Marazhai.

I'd enjoy having an Exodite world Eldar companion. Just a full on country bumpkin elf who's wowed by travelling the stars even in a non-eldar ship. They bring along their trusty steed - a Tyrannosaurus.

I decided to keep him around, even though he got extremely weird with my Rogue Trader extremely fast. Then when he has his first little episode of having to go through the warp I managed to talk him out of his Slaanesh-induced madness, then promptly told him he was going to be locked up during warp travels and he'll just have to ask Yrliet for pointers on how not to get eaten by demons. Very curious to see if that ends up going anywhere, as far as I've been told doing that locks you out of romance with him, thank god.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

Have you considered using AI yourself?
I'm bad at prompt engineering but Midjourney just whipped this up for me when I prompted it with "a photorealistic portrait of a 40K psyker wearing a hooded robe":

The top 2 look pretty cool IMO, not far off from the in-game asset I used for my psyker PC

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

In my case it happens sometimes when she's got an effect to make the first attack not prevent you from making more attacks. The GS talent that buffs the +dodge zone is a reliable source of this in my party. The issue seems to be that it counts as an attack to get the buffs, but not as an attack to end the effect.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

There are multiple portrait packs on nexusmods.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I also used some of the AI tools to generate some portraits. It takes a while to wrangle them into giving you something decent but you can at least get alright results.

Bing Image Creator uses one of the newest models and is completely free.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, those are really good.

edit; ok 1 more

This prompt was "40k psyker succumbing to the influence of chaos", just thought the top right photo of the guy busting a nut was hilarious

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 21, 2023

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
oh that top right one is definitely succumbing to something alright

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

My ring color was white, which I would guess is I Actually Trust You, which is weird because again I've been sowing the seeds of heresy every chance I get

White is the worst one you can get. I think it goes white black red, and at least at launch there was basically no way to get the red one even if you have the toy box dialogue thing open that tells you what gives you or doesn't give you points. They also hint at the Inquisitor being a little bit spicy because the pure dogmatic options aren't necessarily the ones that give you the most credit with him.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Huh my all heresy all the time run I got scarlet.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe it depends on the answers you give. I was very dodgey with his questioning

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm beginning to think this inquisitor might not be a great guy.

I think he kind of missed his opportunity to throw his weight around when it comes to my character in particular. My little frigate basically has the armament of a heresy era battleship now, and it's faster and more maneuverable than an eldar raider.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I used art I commissioned myself :smaug:

It's of my black crusade character though so lol heresy away

Xun fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 21, 2023

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Abelard, announce me.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Hubbert posted:

How did everyone build their teams?

I am currently in Act 2, btw.

RT: "Seneschal, get me away with this treachery" *vaguely gestures at enemies as if shooing them away* (Noble Officer/Master Tact that will occasionally get off their high horse to pop a shot off at someone, usually from the safest place on the battlefield)

Abelard: Ded 'Ard Vanguard that uses either a klaive to slice them to pieces or a hammer to tenderize them into pulp. Less of a Tank and more of a Natural Disaster that the RT sends across the battlefield that leaves only death in its wake.

Argenta: Classic Argenta build - Arch-Militant that holds down the trigger on their Heavy Bolter until it goes click. Usually leaves the battlefield a bloody, chunky mess.

Cassia: :stare::stare::stare::stare::stare: oh look, all of the mooks are dead and the big bad is locked into place, on fire, and is half-dead. Oh, and for some reason she now has 100+ MP and is unkillable unless everything attempts to murder her all at once.

Heinrix: Melee Assassin that gets Abelard's sloppy seconds. Probably should just respec him to add more Pyro so he's a DoT making GBS threads machine what with hemorrhage, toxin, and burning.

Pascal: I tried to make him a ranged bounty hunter with a plasma rifle, but everyone usually winds up murdering everything before he gets a turn so he's usually a glorified but incredibly valuable skill monkey for anything technical. If Abelard is daddy, Pascal is best boi because I love playing AdMech characters in any 40k RPG and they really nailed the portrayal of AdMech characters with Pascal. Dude lays down some sick burns on the Fabricator-General.

Yrilet: I like to see how many people I can kill with a single shot in a straight line with her. Oh, and she's good at debuffing big bads what with on-demand crits.

Idira: Liability. Any Chaos encounter usually has their Veil near max with a high floor, because despite the number of Nav powers Cassia shits out it never seems to go below 75%. Her archetype and kit just don't seem to jive well together, at least not in the same way that Heinrix's does. Perennial seat-warmer.

Jae: I think I missed out on the ability to recruit her? I can't seem to find her in Footfall and I forgot to pick her up on my initial trip there.

The usual plan for my team is to have them kill or debilitate as many mooks as possible on T1 on top of locking down the boss mobs so they can't really move. Abelard usually gets all the extra turns and he usually murders enough things on his extra turn to get enough momentum for another extra turn. I like to send him into melee packs and end his turn with defensive stance and the AI is all too happy to send their boys into that cultist woodchipper. Thunder Hammer makes Abelard also good at bonking bosses to death.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 21, 2023

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Sab669 posted:

Yea, those are really good.

edit; ok 1 more

This prompt was "40k psyker succumbing to the influence of chaos", just thought the top right photo of the guy busting a nut was hilarious

The left side has some killer Biden 2024 campaign photos.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Idira is good-to-great BUT only in a Heretic party. There's a ton of "+psy power but the veil turns to poo poo" equipment for her, which is a liability in regular runs. As a heretic, however, turning the veil into swiss cheese is a net positive (free momentum !). And with all that gear + her ungodly WP + the passive psyker talents that increase power based on how much you're demolishing reality, her various screams deal MASSIVE, unavoidable damage (I'm talking like 100+ in a large AoE, no save, no to-hit roll no nothing, all without any pre-buffing).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nice sword name, Owlcat.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Patch is out.

I knew the Necron ship damage was high, but 4x as high as expected makes me feel a lot better about toyboxing the final space fight of the game.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Anyone here playing on unfair and have any tips for the early game? When my fake Argenta MC gets to act early enough it is usually fine, but when enemies get a chance to attack me I'm usually immediately hosed.

I'm fully expecting to get back to pretty easy fights once I get to the mid-20s but getting there is proving to be a struggle. Current team is Jae, Cassia, Pasqal, Abelard, Yriel and MC; with MC built to fulfil Argenta's role.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

... As a heretic, however, turning the veil into swiss cheese is a net positive (free momentum !) ...

Do what now?

I really should swap out either Argenta or Yrliet for Idira, but I haven't had her in my party for over 10 levels and I don't want to spend 30 minutes digging through talents :v: I finally went back to Footfall and talked to the Drusian guy but I don't have enough poo poo to unlock the Heavy Bolter to give to Argenta, so she's still just poorly plinking away with a Sniper Rifle.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

quote:

Arch-Militant's Versatility feature now correctly counts burst fire as a separate type of attack;

RIP.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Isnt that a buff, since versatility wants you swapping?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Isnt that a buff, since versatility wants you swapping?

It used to count as two different types of attack, giving repeated buffs without swapping.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

quote:

A lategame Drukhari attack on one of your colonies could happen way earlier than expected, resulting in an impossible combat encounter with a whole fleet of Drukhari ships - fixed;

Lmfao I got this and didn’t assume it was bugged I figured it was just lowlcat being lowlcat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

White is the worst one you can get. I think it goes white black red, and at least at launch there was basically no way to get the red one even if you have the toy box dialogue thing open that tells you what gives you or doesn't give you points. They also hint at the Inquisitor being a little bit spicy because the pure dogmatic options aren't necessarily the ones that give you the most credit with him.

I am playing almost purely Iconoclast, and choosing the options of politely telling the cops and preachers to gently caress off whenever I get the option to, and I just got the red ring.