Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The rear brakes don't do a whole lot on those anyway...

As long as the drum is still on and there's shoes in place, it shouldn't (shouldn't) pop the pistons out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sipher posted:

2016 Focus RS, 67k miles. Ford covered a new long block and turbo under the extended service plan warranty. I elected to put a new clutch in while the motor was out as I got it for just an hour labor + parts and figured all the makes-it-go parts should probably match mileage-wise.

Nobody could give me a good root cause, unfortunately.

Too bad I don't get an odometer reset with it. This bad boy's only got 150 miles on it.

Well there's a couple holes in the motor! There's your cause right there - it let all the magic out.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I tried to stuff the magic back in but it wasn't having it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, not sure you can JB Weld that one.

I do wonder if they would be able to fix that in India during a 60 minute video.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, not sure you can JB Weld that one.

The hell I can’t

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

freeedr posted:

The hell I can’t

Just got an idea to take a B&S conrod...make a mold, fill with JB Weld and "machine it", with perhaps some type of bearing material on both ends.

Sad thing is probably someone has already done it. :negative:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just got an idea to take a B&S conrod...make a mold, fill with JB Weld and "machine it", with perhaps some type of bearing material on both ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9VLBa0i-g

70 seconds

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Haha holy poo poo

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
didn't project farm try a JB Weld patch on a push mower cylinder head? i don't think it lasted long

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

There's a channel on YT dedicated to doing terrible things to B&S engines.

There you go. I think that's the guy I'm talking about. That's really longer than I expected.

He's done stuff like plexiglass heads, wooden parts, etc.
edit: oh, dude, he's made stuff like inline 4 and 6, and an opposed twin, B&S engines.

`Nemesis posted:

didn't project farm try a JB Weld patch on a push mower cylinder head? i don't think it lasted long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDT02YamWdE

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Just a few hours left to get your entry in for The Sheep Game!

Click our mission patch to play today!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

gently caress off on the sheep game poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No. 6 posted:

gently caress off on the sheep game poo poo

Be seeing you!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i dont like having it shoved in my face in every single thread either, but i also have the self preservation required to not confront a forums cop about it

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Midjack posted:

Be seeing you!

Two Finger salute

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

No. 6 posted:

Two Finger salute

Because your thumbs are broken and it's too difficult to scroll past 3 or 4 posts?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Raluek posted:

i dont like having it shoved in my face in every single thread either, but i also have the self preservation required to not confront a forums cop about it

gently caress it, why are mods allowed to spam poo poo on the forums?

I don't give a poo poo if they probe me for this they can suck my fuckin balls.

And also suck a fuckin male camel's dick.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

wesleywillis posted:

gently caress it, why are mods allowed to spam poo poo on the forums?

I don't give a poo poo if they probe me for this they can suck my fuckin balls.

And also suck a fuckin male camel's dick.

Why a male one maybe the lady camels need a forum mod beej you sexist

How dare they try to promote a community in this online community

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I don't understand what this sheep game is about and have been annoyed at it myself before, but apparently it's a tradition here and thus we should respect it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The sheep game is a traditional fun bonding activity for us automotive idiots and it’s really easy to scroll past one post in a thread.

Play it and have fun with the rest of us normal people. Or ignore it. Whatever.

Getting pissed about it is stupid and ranting about it should 100% earn you a shame probe.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ah, and having the gall to complain about something a mod does is also probateable?

Got it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

wesleywillis posted:

Ah, and having the gall to complain about something a mod does is also probateable?

Got it.
Stop advocating for sexual assault, no one came to this thread to talk about sucking your balls or performing fellatio on an animal that can't consent.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Cage posted:

Stop advocating for sexual assault, no one came to this thread to talk about sucking your balls or performing fellatio on an animal that can't consent.

Now that I can agree with.
I shouldn't be advocating bestiality

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It's a tradition. Like AISS, car game, substance abuse and diabetes.

If the post bothers you, take a fraction of a second to scroll past the post or put Chips on your ignore list for a few days. It's not a big deal. Others enjoy it, you might not. That's fine.

Or,

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The sheep game is a traditional fun bonding activity for us automotive idiots and it’s really easy to scroll past one post in a thread.

Play it and have fun with the rest of us normal people. Or ignore it. Whatever.

Getting pissed about it is stupid and ranting about it should 100% earn you a shame probe.
said it better.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
lol reposting an image and a link every like 5 days is apparently spamming it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

To be fair to Number Six it probably felt a little spammier when you saw the same post in four different threads over five minutes while clicking on new posts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was asking in the mod forum about posting a lot about trad games secret santa and jeffrey suggested I make an ad for it so I did and that is an option for sheep game too, next year perhaps just run a forum ad, jeff will surely be happy to run it for free
anyway let's see some horrible mechanical failures perhaps

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Midjack posted:

To be fair to Number Six it probably felt a little spammier when you saw the same post in four different threads over five minutes while clicking on new posts.

That happened to me, but over an entire day, and I keep forgetting which threads I'd seen it in. I thought I was losing my mind.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I thought I was losing my mind.

When you cross over the 50+ year old threshold you start to accept it. Along with all the other stuff that happens during this time with wear and tear you then realize your own body is a horrible mechanical failure.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

wesleywillis posted:

Got it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Colostomy Bag posted:

When you cross over the 50+ year old threshold you start to accept it. Along with all the other stuff that happens during this time with wear and tear you then realize your own body is a horrible mechanical failure.

Or if you've done enough drugs, 30+.

My brain is now a horrible mechanical failure, I'm not even sure how I still manage to tie my shoes.

Back on topic, here's a design failure. Yeah there's hardly any of these cars on the road anymore, but on the 1st gen Chevy Aveo, the radiator fan housing warps and starts vibrating against the radiator, causing this:

You can see the part of the housing rubbing here (this is after the new radiator):

I need to dig out my dremel and cut a bit of that away. Maybe the radiator will outlast the car that way - car has 70k, this is its third radiator. Then again, it's an Aveo with 70k - not much life left in it anyway. I think the reason for this is they used the same fan for AC and non-AC cars; the non-AC variant got an 18" wide radiator, AC got 24" wide.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i had to have knee surgery at 16 and back surgery when i was 25 and neither of them were due to injury. i'm like the Yugo of people

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Large Testicles posted:

i had to have knee surgery at 16 and back surgery when i was 25 and neither of them were due to injury. i'm like the Yugo of people

Sorry, but I think you are more valuable than $3990.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sorry, but I think you are more valuable than $3990.

ooh buddy, you apparently havent seen my bank accounts

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Large Testicles posted:

Yes. Particularly when its like multiple threads in a row within minutes.

I'm not screaming for the head of Mr Chips on a stake, and after this post I'll (probably) drop the subject, but when other people do that in other parts of SA, they get probed or banned. But its ok for mods to do it and someone complaining about it is probatable I guess.

Midjack posted:

^^^^^^^^Yeah that for realsies. I didn't exactly count but it was probably 7 or 8 threads in a row that I browse.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Large Testicles posted:

Had a yugo. Your knees are the fuel pump. Those shits will just break off the block the fine Italian casting is so poor. So bad I kept a efi pump around for the carbie. Dropped it in the tank. Wired it to the rear defrost. Defrost on when the engine would stumble. Defrost off when the engine would stumble again. rinse lather repeat.
When it rains, the fuse panel is right below the inlet for the heaterbox. Which is made out of idk, wax laden cardboard. When that deteriorates the rain floods the fuse panel and half the car drops out. Wipers, lights, heater, the important stuff. Ignition still works, but charging will die if you keep driving.

Analogy works.

also, high five lovely knee buddy. Both mine were cut open before turning 30. dgaf I still go run at 35.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

. So bad I kept a efi pump around for the carbie. Dropped it in the tank. Wired it to the rear defrost. Defrost on when the engine would stumble. Defrost off when the engine would stumble again. rinse lather repeat. .

Fantastic :allears:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I don't understand what this sheep game is about and have been annoyed at it myself before, but apparently it's a tradition here and thus we should respect it.

IIRC, it's "Here's a bunch of car-related questions. Answer them in secret on an off-forum page, and then you get points for picking the most popular answer" - so it's basically a Keynesian beauty contest but for "which of these shitboxes would you rather take on a roadtrip".

I'm not a car person - I don't even have a driver's license - but I've still found it fun to read the results thread. :)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's Family Feud about car trivia.

Don't know what it has to do with sheep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Data Graham posted:

It's Family Feud about car trivia.

Don't know what it has to do with sheep

You win by going with the pack. :)

(And family feud was never on TV here, so that wasn't an obvious reference - but yes)