Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Failson posted:

Reinstalled because my brain needed a cheap dopamine hit.

Core game still so, so good. All the jank on top of it still really, really isn't.

I have no idea what makes an orb anymore, and all the armor mods work on picking up orbs? Whatever, I'm just doing low level stuff, and I don't think I even need to engage with it.

Join overchill and give people a reason to log in and engage with content

Ask for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I’m begging u

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol we wrapped up the GM NF with three warlocks (two solar, I was stasis) using polaris lance

plink plink plink plink plonk

Riveting gameplay in here, Bungie :haw:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been saying that Solo Operative is honestly a damage boost that should just be applied as a blanket buff at this point. I'm fine with higher difficulties being a "you hosed up you die in a second" situation, but the super slow plinking feels like poo poo.

Run Coil solo with Solo Operative and by the time you're on your final run it feels appropriate. poo poo will kill you dead quick, but you don't feel like you're banging your head against the wall. Being able to die quickly creates danger, but needing so much damage to just kill an orange thrall is not difficulty, it's just tedium.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sort of reminds me of the difficulty settings on Gears of War - you take more damage, but the balance is you deal more damage as well.

I hated that game the first few times I played it, figuring 'if everything feels like a bullet sponge, imagine how much worse it'd be at higher levels.' Then I read something about how it actually worked, dialed it up a notch or two and it felt so much better.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

Join overchill and give people a reason to log in and engage with content

Ask for help

uwaeve posted:

I’m begging u

I'll try and find my discord login. At the moment I'm just having fun playing cookie clicker. Severance Enclosure+ Bonk Titan is indeed barrels of laughs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol, it took forever to get the Dawning stasis challenge done compared to void. Turns out if you do vanguard ops Graviton Lance wipes entire groups of enemies in one shot

The game's difficulty balance in everything (even pvp tbh matchmaking in sbmm and cbmm is completely hosed) is insane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget that there are at least three different things that count as "stasis kill" for the purpose of making an enemy dead but only two or one of them may count for the purpose of "progress for stasis kill goal" depending on exactly which quest or challenge you're talking about

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Me: *freezes enemy and shatters them with a kinetic shotgun*

Game: *ahem* Died with stasis :colbert:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
2,000 is a LOT of guys to kill with Dawning weapons. Christ.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I assume it counts pvp more or something because I got like four challenges done in Trials and I did not kill that many people lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 21, 2023

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Its definitely the worst part of the whole thing. When I glided the seal last year I had everything completed but I still needed another 1k Dawning weapon kills.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
This seasonal challenge has a requirement that may prevent me from completing it. I need to deliver a cookie to someone on...Europa I think? but I don't have any landing spots there. Does it require paid DLC, or maybe I need to actually go through the main questline to unlock it?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

This seasonal challenge has a requirement that may prevent me from completing it. I need to deliver a cookie to someone on...Europa I think? but I don't have any landing spots there. Does it require paid DLC, or maybe I need to actually go through the main questline to unlock it?

Patrol zones should always be accessible. Is it Variks or Elsie?

I believe the questline is part of the DLC anyway.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

You need to complete the first Beyond Light mission, which they give you access to for free.

All planets are available to F2P players for patrol.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Hello, I would like to introduce you to Netflix and Altar of Summoning's.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Altars of Sorrow takes forever to actually complete now because 90% of the players are just there to farm kills and there’s no fixed time limit for the rounds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grasp of Avarice is pretty easy to grind it out in if you don't have Forsaken

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Breakneck in the Lightfall campaign is a good one, but that's more for farming power weapon catalysts.

If I need to farm regular-rear end weapon kills, I just pick a lost sector I like. Which is usually Sepulcher on the Throne World or Perdition on Europa.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Champions feel like they put a damper on that for me

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

haveblue posted:

Altars of Sorrow takes forever to actually complete now because 90% of the players are just there to farm kills and there’s no fixed time limit for the rounds

Never said complete it. Its farming kills man.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Regular lost sectors don't have champions.

If I need to farm kills I go to the start of Grasp of Avarice, though I think you need the 30th anniversary expansion for that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dead Like Rev posted:

Never said complete it. Its farming kills man.

Yeah, I’m saying that’s virtually everyone in it heh

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
After an innumerable amount of nights with horrific insomnia... I finally did it. Gilded Star Baker. :dumbbravo:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Story spoiler:

This week's story mission ending is sweet and cute :shobon:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Imma Star Baker! That was the easiest title ever, and I appreciate it, Bungie.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The K1 Revelations Lost Sector is right by the Altars of Sorrow, and easier to farm, I find. Also the whole Lunar Battlegrounds area, and the Vex gate area, I never see anyone over there.

IkeTurner posted:

After an innumerable amount of nights with horrific insomnia... I finally did it. Gilded Star Baker. :dumbbravo:

May your brain worms be satiated!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Failson posted:

The K1 Revelations Lost Sector is right by the Altars of Sorrow, and easier to farm, I find. Also the whole Lunar Battlegrounds area, and the Vex gate area, I never see anyone over there.

Those aren't that farmable in patrol (lunar battlegrounds can be exhausted pretty easily and there are a finite number of vex), but if the first mission of Shadowkeep is up this week or next, you can farm infinite spawns in that area

Or if you're going to the moon just do altars of sorrow

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Vex gate is actually one of my main farming spots but 2000 is a bit much for that given that you have to go to orbit and back to reset it. Might knock out a few lost sectors this weekend.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's one on Nessus that's fiddly to get to and isn't always active, but when it is it's nuts - you land at artefact's edge, go into the hallows and down into the big hole, as though you were doing the nessus battleground. When the enemy is moving against each other, trace the vex back to the door they spawn from, and attack them as they come out.

Unlike other spawn doors there doesn't seem to be any cooldown on the enemies coming out of it - as soon as they die they re-emerge from the door, so if you're trying to level a weapon with a sustained AOE like witherhoard, you can get a ludicrous amount of kills as long as the 'enemy moving against each other' event is going.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Screw the Vex, go for the Fallen. They spawn infinitely faster.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Checkmate Trials huh

Lmao

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The first part of Grasp is good for kills as well. A steady flow of infinite spawning enemies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You take a look at what's on the trials menu, do a 360, and ask for the check, mate

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Year 1's back baby awoooo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thorn is also back so now all we need is a sniper rifle that can roll final round

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

haveblue posted:

Thorn is also back so now all we need is a sniper rifle that can roll final round

I'll be your final round.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol they forgot to add quitter protection to this mode too

e: This loving sucks

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 23, 2023

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The first Undercurrent that dropped for me had S4A and Voltshot. I guess that'll save me a bunch of time and frustration.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paracelsus posted:

The first Undercurrent that dropped for me had S4A and Voltshot. I guess that'll save me a bunch of time and frustration.

I got l4g/demolitionist and voltshot. It's a better role than my Forbearance lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Got around to doing Polysemy mission. Are all weekly missions like this? Bungie clearly wants me to quit and welp I guess they won?