Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gort posted:

Well, this is stupid. My friend has wanted Dredge for a while, so I figured I'd gift them it for Christmas.

Go to buy it, and I'm not allowed to buy Dredge, I have to buy it bundled together with a game I don't care about called Dave the Diver. Dave the Diver apparently has personalised content that prevents it being bought as a gift, so I can't get my friend Dredge.

Got him Lego Indiana Jones instead. Dumbasses.

skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah Dredge seems perfectly gift-able on it's own on my side too :shrug:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gort posted:

Well, this is stupid. My friend has wanted Dredge for a while, so I figured I'd gift them it for Christmas.

Go to buy it, and I'm not allowed to buy Dredge, I have to buy it bundled together with a game I don't care about called Dave the Diver. Dave the Diver apparently has personalised content that prevents it being bought as a gift, so I can't get my friend Dredge.

:confused:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why would you buy a game literally right before the big steam sale

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Dave the Diver cartel making sure you can't buy anything without buying their game as well

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dave the Diver is an awesome game so it was just trying to make you give your friend a better gift.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dave the Diver is good but they really cram too many mechanics into it imo. At a certain point I just wanted to run the restaurant and make money but there'd be consecutive days where story things happened to pull you out of it and it was pretty frustrating. And if that didn't happen, having to do anything in the sea people village brought the game to a screeching halt. Loved the first half but I sorta fell out of love with it by the end, sadly :-\

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Interesting, it looks like it only happens if I go to buy Dredge from my friend's wishlist, not if I search for Dredge.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Gort posted:

Interesting, it looks like it only happens if I go to buy Dredge from my friend's wishlist, not if I search for Dredge.

Random guess here but, would your friend actually already own Dredge by any chance?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

no

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

A lot of bundles can't actually be gifted, so I suspect it's just...that. Why the link from their wishlist is putting the bundle in the cart instead of basic-rear end Dredge, who knows

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Could they just have the bundle wishlisted instead of just Dredge?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I thought that too but I don't think you can wishlist a bundle.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Could they just have the bundle wishlisted instead of just Dredge?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gort posted:

you can't gift bundles because it doesn't know what games in the bundle the recipient already has. that's what it means by personalized content. for better or worse that's how steam has always worked.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I didn't want to gift a bundle though

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The wishlist automatically directs to the bundle if it's cheaper than individual game (I think)

Usually a good idea, but in this case not useful.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 21, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like the Steam sale is live. I want lords of the fallen but probably too much backlog poo poo to get it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gort posted:

Dave the duvet is fantastic, that's a great double bill.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think I'm going to wait a while before actually attempting to buy anything, I'm getting connection errors just from browsing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Dave the duvet is fantastic, that's a great double bill.

Dave the what

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’ve heard it’s very cozy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

He's so comforting. Just drape yourself in Dave.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Alice: Madness Returns for $2.00, yoink

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This might be the most underwhelming Steam Christmas sale ever. Most of my wishlist isn't even on sale.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah, lots of good rear end games on sale. My backlog was getting too small anyway.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

This might be the most underwhelming Steam Christmas sale ever. Most of my wishlist isn't even on sale.

Ragequit posted:

Hell yeah, lots of good rear end games on sale. My backlog was getting too small anyway.
Every steam sale lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

It takes up to an hour for the big sales to actually kick in as they propagate through the servers.
It's like it's your first big steam sale or something.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Away all Goats posted:

It still seems to be updating. Some of the things that look like they aren't on sale are if you actually click through, but maybe you already tried that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Away all Goats posted:

The prices haven't updated on the wishlist, but if you click the games directly you should see the sale price. Give it a few hours.

e: ^^^ fb

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jack Trades posted:

It takes up to an hour for the big sales to actually kick in as they propagate through the servers.
It's like it's your first big steam sale or something.

It's my first time being this early to one, so I guess I jumped the gun on it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, it seems like the servers are getting rushed by hordes of :pcgaming:. I'm going to wait for the dust to settle.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Saw that larian marked down bg3 by 10% and have come to the conclusion that they have a psychologist on staff advising them how to best appeal to/manipulate gamers.
Looking forward to picking up a few select titles though

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 21, 2023

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Lawman 0 posted:

Saw that larian marked down bg3 by 10% and have come to the conclusion that they have a psychologist on staff advising them how to best appeal to gamers.

"Let them gently caress the bear"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

"Let them gently caress the bear"

Simper games 🫡

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'll try to be nice but I'm... surprised to see Inward as a finalist on the Outstanding Visual Style award category in a year with some top contenders.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I will probably pick up Midnight Suns + season pass (Morbius DLC) after the new year

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Still might show up, but it looks like no discount on Armored Core

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

kazil posted:

Still might show up, but it looks like no discount on Armored Core

Yeah I'm disappointed, was hoping to at least snag it 10% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Saw that larian marked down bg3 by 10% and have come to the conclusion that they have a psychologist on staff advising them how to best appeal to/manipulate gamers.

In other words, it'll still be among the top ten best-selling games even during the sale