Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

hacked cyberpunk for vr this morning. rig can run it at 60 on each eye as long as raytracing is off (i dont think raytracing per eye could be run for cyberpunk on anything affordable).

loving cruising around night city on the akira bike is incredible, absolutely incredible. trancendent

How hard is that to get working?

edit: I'm guessing/hoping you just use a normal controller?

ziasquinn posted:

cyberpunk in VR is a religious experience

I haven't done Cyberpunk in VR yet, but the main thing that gave me a "drat this is wild" reaction was using VR in Star Wars Squadrons (which sadly my friends no longer play). There's nothing quite like flying around, and you get a lot of visibility in some of the Star Wars ships (namely the TIE fighters, but also the A-Wing).

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Dec 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i enjoy the ending in Far Cry 4 that happens at the very start of the game if you listen to the bad guy's monolog and wait for him when he says he'll be right back

its funny cause the bad guy is no worse than the leaders of the resistance that you can help, because in typical ubi fashion, they both end up being just as evil as the bad guy, if not more so

lol there is a scene in far cry 5 where they torture one of the cult members, and the takeaway is supposed to be both sides are bad

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

It goes BRRRR

Took the quad miniguns to a joyride against the redguns. tore through everything but ran out of ammo near the end so had to finish the last guys by punching and kicking them to death. Then I went on to S rank all the final bosses. 10/10 patch.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh yeah, the mod Warlords Battlecry Protectors of Etheria is supposed to drop on the 24th. There's a steam page, its supposed to among other things bump the player count to 16 and include the campaigns of all 3 battlecry's

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

How hard is that to get working?

edit: I'm guessing/hoping you just use a normal controller?

its going to be specific to your system to get it running well but you have to subscribe to a patreon and the guy delivers a file with fixes and updates for when the game is patched, its tenbux so sandwich money and you really will only have to do it once because most of the games he does are no longer receiving passes. installing the file itself is easy then when you boot up the game it should immediately pull you into the vr mode after the launcher

what sucks is the guy fuckin used to have vr for rockstar games until rockstar issued a cease and desist (which why, are they working on vr red dead or gtav????? maybe for psvr but i doubt it)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

wow rogue trader does not suffer the liberal to live

half of the "nice" (iconoclast) options alienate you from your crew because they think you're a weenus, and the iconoclast ending just ends with you getting declared a traitor and being annihilated by the imperium

.....unless you bring nomos along to eat that c'tan and become your pet enslaved god to get the imperium to gently caress off and institute space communism

I mean I never saw it as half your crew being alienated, they were certainly confused but then got pretty gung-ho about supporting you once they realized you were really serious and not just putting on airs.

But yeah there was no way your realm was going to survive with the rest of the Imperium's stance on that sort of thing unless you had serious firepower on your side. It was only ever going to go one way with Nomos, the Imperium is the kinda theocratic fash state that would rather nuke your entire realm into oblivion than let you support the Imperium in any way while having an alien AI anywhere near it. You were gonna give the rest of the Imperium ideas and we can't have that.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i enjoy the ending in Far Cry 4 that happens at the very start of the game if you listen to the bad guy's monolog and wait for him when he says he'll be right back

its funny cause the bad guy is no worse than the leaders of the resistance that you can help, because in typical ubi fashion, they both end up being just as evil as the bad guy, if not more so

Wait hold on, I played Farcry 4 and I thought that was the only ending? The dude says "wait here" so I looked around his house for awhile and then the game ended. Kinda short but in many ways better than the other farcrys.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Goddamn I forgot how much being on the Fortnite battle pass grind sucks. gently caress.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Bro Dad posted:

wow rogue trader does not suffer the liberal to live

half of the "nice" (iconoclast) options alienate you from your crew because they think you're a weenus, and the iconoclast ending just ends with you getting declared a traitor and being annihilated by the imperium

.....unless you bring nomos along to eat that c'tan and become your pet enslaved god to get the imperium to gently caress off and institute space communism

I think the only time I really pissed off any crew going Iconoclast was me not blowing up Rykad Minoris (probably should've, sorry Heinrix) and me not slaughtering Yrliet for the mild inconvenience of sending everyone to torture town for a couple weeks. its fine, we killed like one hundred dark eldar during that expedition and I one-shot Marazhai, that's revenge enough for me

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Whirling posted:

I think the only time I really pissed off any crew going Iconoclast was me not blowing up Rykad Minoris (probably should've, sorry Heinrix) and me not slaughtering Yrliet for the mild inconvenience of sending everyone to torture town for a couple weeks. its fine, we killed like one hundred dark eldar during that expedition and I one-shot Marazhai, that's revenge enough for me

Yeah, after that they're 100 percent on board with all your stuff. You'd think the Yrliet stuff would come up but it really doesn't and the Minoris stuff supposedly leads to shenanigans but it was so insignificant I missed it on my playthrough.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Whirling posted:

if you think they're mad at the lady see what happens if you recruit marazhai to your team, they literally jump him when you get back to camp

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

my most played games on steam were bg3, against the storm, and brotato.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

its going to be specific to your system to get it running well but you have to subscribe to a patreon and the guy delivers a file with fixes and updates for when the game is patched, its tenbux so sandwich money and you really will only have to do it once because most of the games he does are no longer receiving passes. installing the file itself is easy then when you boot up the game it should immediately pull you into the vr mode after the launcher

what sucks is the guy fuckin used to have vr for rockstar games until rockstar issued a cease and desist (which why, are they working on vr red dead or gtav????? maybe for psvr but i doubt it)

Is it easy to disable the VR (since you mention it automatically using VR after installation)?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

my most played games on steam were bg3, against the storm, and brotato.

i have snowrunner, brotato, androots of pacha. tho that's really not right, ive put way more time into Sandrock than pacha, but maybe it's after the cutoff.

also i put a lot more time onto pirated/game pass this year but mostly small stuff like aw2/lies of p/starfield and others

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Is it easy to disable the VR (since you mention it automatically using VR after installation)?

yeah i think you just have to rename a dll and run the tool again to delete the settings. i think the harder thing is restoring your old settings because at that point the game will just create a new graphical setting profile for you, but you can find backups of those settings somewhere if you wanna go that length (i just usually let the benchmark run and then turn on raytracing)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cyberpunk's benchmark is super conservative because of all of the people who complained it didn't run well on their below minimum spec machines

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
al! might do what taintrunner could never do: get me into VR

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will buy a psvr2 to play rem4ke one day

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
al how are you locomoting in cyberpunk? are you doing controllers + stick on them? i tried for a while to do fps stuff in vr but the movement hosed me up bad. could not adapt. and at that point i was driving around in SRV's in elite dangerous in vr without any of the motion sickness stuff toggled on. flipping and spinning around like mad

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I would simply close my eyes if I was gonna do any movement that would slam my brainpan into vertigo mode.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

I would simply close my eyes if I was gonna do any movement that would slam my brainpan into vertigo mode.

just nausea, not vertigo. never get dizzy from vr or other motion sickness. just start feeling like im getting ludovico technique'd

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

just reading about playing cyberpunk 2077 in vr is enough to make me queasy. I was not built for the future

anyway, fired up the ol' Nexus to see what kinda custom portraits were out for rogue trader and unsurprisingly about 70% of it is ai-generated buxom women in ss uniforms

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Buck Wildman posted:

just reading about playing cyberpunk 2077 in vr is enough to make me queasy. I was not built for the future

anyway, fired up the ol' Nexus to see what kinda of custom portraits were out for rogue trader and unsurprisingly about 70% of it is ai-generated buxom women in ss uniforms

that's all official games workshop art

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

warhammeh

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
just use your forum avatar

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

just use your forum avatar

rambo would make for a fun iconoclast run

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I will buy a psvr2 to play rem4ke one day

that thing's $550! at least with a pc vr headset you can run whatever you want on it. plus it seems like you probably need mods to make vr good. i considered getting it myself but I'm not paying that much for a toy with such limited capabilities

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
who the hell got me this av by the way? you never revealed yourself. something tells me it's FF's though

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I remember making my own portraits and voice sets for baldurs gate 1. my favorite was cutting up nick swardsons Comedy Central presents for a bard.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

rambo would make for a fun iconoclast run

i saw someone playing cod as a rambo awhile ago. he was running around with knives and a bow and just getting killed constantly but i respect the commitment to the bit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

I remember making my own portraits and voice sets for baldurs gate 1. my favorite was cutting up nick swardsons Comedy Central presents for a bard.

the artist who did the delicious in dungeon manga made some incredible portraits for both BG 1 and 2 and I tend to use those for my playthroughs going forward

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hatebag posted:

that thing's $550! at least with a pc vr headset you can run whatever you want on it. plus it seems like you probably need mods to make vr good. i considered getting it myself but I'm not paying that much for a toy with such limited capabilities

cheaper than buying a vr capable pc and a headset.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i wish i had a PC that could run vr

i have a perfect space for it n everything

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I get mad motion sick now, anything that moves at doom speed or faster is usually too much for me. vr is just completely out of the question even if I wanted to plunk down for a set

I played the more recent avp game awhile back and playing as the alien I had to lie down after playing for an hour or so

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

cheaper than buying a vr capable pc and a headset.

well you also need a ps5. and you have to actually pay for the games instead of simply stealing them. i think the math probably shakes out in favor of the pc vr over time, you can get a serviceable computer for $1000 and a vr headset for $200. compared to the $550 for the psvr and $500 for the ps5, stealing the games and using pc is a real steal

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

who the hell got me this av by the way? you never revealed yourself. something tells me it's FF's though
i don't think so. for all FF's merits or demerits, he doesn't strike me as a guy who could figure out how to use the arcane other av purchase system, or even know how to use a report button from the phone. and it would be very un-christlike to deface another

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Buck Wildman posted:

I get mad motion sick now, anything that moves at doom speed or faster is usually too much for me. vr is just completely out of the question even if I wanted to plunk down for a set

I played the more recent avp game awhile back and playing as the alien I had to lie down after playing for an hour or so

make sure your monitor is angled properly & not pointed up/down
being too close/far can make it worse, weird fovs can make it worse, idk about the new avp but the older ones the alien always had like a 130° first person fisheye fov, that might've been causing it if the newer ones are the same

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Hatebag posted:

well you also need a ps5. and you have to actually pay for the games instead of simply stealing them. i think the math probably shakes out in favor of the pc vr over time, you can get a serviceable computer for $1000 and a vr headset for $200. compared to the $550 for the psvr and $500 for the ps5, stealing the games and using pc is a real steal

don't forget even a loving controller is $70 now too when it comes to console peripherals

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Switch actually has some decent third-party controllers for about half the price of an official one; dunno if the same applies for PS5 but I wouldn't buy a first-party one anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

KirbyKhan posted:

Far cry 4 was my favorite one. Mountain Asia was fuckin cool, the characters were the least bad they've ever been, and the gun play didn't get too bothered by progression or cash shop bs.

Best villain of the series and best secret ending of the series.

:hai:

the characters that run the sidequests / unlocks were so memorable and good - the biblically repentant arms dealer with a lot on his mind, the drug pushing tourists that ask forgiveness over permission every single time, the eccentric fashion designer hiding in the woods from paid killers, the snuff film producer that endangers you just to tape the results, the triumphant return of the coked out CIA guy, all just delightful