Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

does anyone know where to get one of those knobs that attaches to a wheel so its easier to use 1 handed? farmers use em. just had shoulder surgery wanna truck sim while i heal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Kvlt! posted:

does anyone know where to get one of those knobs that attaches to a wheel so its easier to use 1 handed? farmers use em. just had shoulder surgery wanna truck sim while i heal

They're called spinners. Please get one that looks like a lady pleasuring herself

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
Alternatively, crank down your wheel in the software to 340 degrees and pretend you're driving ~the future~

:elongate:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

bUm posted:

Alternatively, crank down your wheel in the software

:elongate:

TRYNA CRANK MY HAWG NOT MY WHEEL

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Kvlt! posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss the old Top Gear, even if the hosts were gigantic assholes off camera.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

VelociBacon posted:

Some people say it feels very similar to rFactor 2 actually.

Makes sense since they used code from it or was that the joke

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
G29 referb from Logitech for 135 with code ALFREDOPRO. Sorry phone posting and I don't have the link but it's on their website. Edit: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/pro...UkH0vxyRLySrxU0

MixMasterMalaria fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 21, 2023

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Thoatse posted:

Makes sense since they used code from it or was that the joke

:thejoke:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s me, the ALFREDO PRO

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It’s me, the ALFREDO PRO

Stolen valor

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol Fanatec. When they said 'shipping complete' and then didn't provide any shipping details what they actually meant was 'we didn't provide any information to warehouse and actually haven't shipped anything' which judging by the reddit thread that seemed to pop up a whole pile of stuff for people ordered back into October just did that. So lol.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lol Fanatec. When they said 'shipping complete' and then didn't provide any shipping details what they actually meant was 'we didn't provide any information to warehouse and actually haven't shipped anything' which judging by the reddit thread that seemed to pop up a whole pile of stuff for people ordered back into October just did that. So lol.

I had that happen a while ago with Fanatec.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Yeah when I take the plunge I'm definitely going through a retailer.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Fanatec's shipping antics gave me a reminder during the Black Friday sales why I dislike buying from them which saved me even more money than I was about to save buying from them. Was gonna get a new SQ shifter since they price was right but threw in a Q2 version of the stem for CSL to bundle with the NIB one I'm selling. Noticed the new stem thing was out of stock till >mid Dec which means they 100% would have charged me shipping twice since they're dicks about it when you ask them to hold everything till it's all ready etc along with any modifications to existing orders they are amazingly unaccommodating. Unironic thanks for the reminder :v:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
From my experience fanatec ship a single order at a time and will not combine or separate them.

If you order with something out of stock, you aren’t getting any of it until it’s all in stock.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

VelociBacon posted:

Some people say it feels very similar to rFactor 2 actually.

I did eventually figure out Rennsport's weird feel. By default the steering input scale was set to 2x. In retrospect it's funny, I was turning the wheel like normal and getting way too much rotation right away and then suddenly the wheels would lock up and understeer no matter what I did. Turns out I was going full steering lock into every corner and then spinning like crazy.

I don't know rFactor2 well enough to say how similar they feel. I looked up the drama about it. It sounds like Rennsport licensed stuff from rFactor1 and it was just some marketing genius that got them in trouble regarding "from the ground up" or whatever they claimed.

Fender fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 21, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Fanatec also charge per item shipping so even when they do split your order it's not costing more. It does, however, cost a ton to start with because of this.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I kept hearing horror stories about Fanatec too but they have been flawless for me. I RMA'd my csl dd 8nm power supply and later on also my P1V2 wheel because the left shifter felt like poo poo. In both cases they responded and had an RMA label ready within a day or two and it took ~2 weeks for each RMA from start to finish. But I wonder if their service is poo poo outside of Europe or if people are having issues regardless?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Service is bad right now because they wildly underestimated black friday demand it seems

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fanatecs pick pack and ship sucks all year long.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

If anyone is currently playing EA WRC, the recent patch introduced some lovely bug that causes crashes in Career mode, so check the patch notes ahead of time. It will be a month+ to fix it :eyepop:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

If anyone is currently playing EA WRC, the recent patch introduced some lovely bug that causes crashes in Career mode, so check the patch notes ahead of time. It will be a month+ to fix it :eyepop:

The punchline was them calling that a hotfix with a straight face

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Got him one of those haptic pads for his playseat. That'll be fun.

Ok so the NextLevelRacing HF8 haptic pad arrived and, to my tremendous surprise, is a refurb. So of course I had to test it before wrapping it up and giving it to my brother. ACC shook hands with it no problem via simhub, took a little doing for it to play nice with AMS2, but...yeah imma need one of these.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Treated myself to a Quest 3 for my upcoming bday - I was missing the experience Gt7 provides - and it's really good so far. Just some test laps but these lenses are really good, I had issues with PSVR2 sweet spot and the pancake lenses make a big difference. Panels aren't OLED and you notice it but then there's always trade-offs. I also heard ACC was a nightmare in VR, but following a couple guides online I have it at a pretty stable 90 fps looking really nice with the Oculus VR option in steam (i7 13k, 4070). I had no idea the ACC cockpits were as detailed as they are. Good fun. Tomorrow is AC & a couple other older space/flight games. It's not as simple as PSVR2 plug in and go but it's not as hard/complex as some folks make it out to be. Happy with it as I don't have the space for triples...

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vr isn't too comfortable for longer races and isn't quite as sit down and go but it's nice to have that depth perception.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

tater_salad posted:

Vr isn't too comfortable for longer races and isn't quite as sit down and go but it's nice to have that depth perception.

Yeah I can see that. I rarely do longer races, I'd like to get there. The depth perception is the killer thing for me, just makes such a difference, not even in my lap time just in terms of how it feels. We'll see how it goes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tater_salad posted:

Being able to just look out your side window to see if a car is next to you is gamechanging. Having to look around your pillars and move back and forth to get a different view like you would in real life is a bit of immersion that seems tiny but goes a long way

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

tater_salad posted:

I’ve been able to do ~4-5 hours in my quest 2 and three. It’s obviously less comfortable a monitor but it’s better than a race or motorcycle helmet in my experience.

Edit: make sure you have a fan set up, and at least a little airflow through and around the headset

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sim Racing in VR is more painful on the legs than the eyes tbh.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
My only complaint about racing in vr now that I have my quest 3 is that after bathroom breaks at pit stops, sometimes my tracking gets fucky when I put my headset back on.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a Quest 3 a few weeks ago and it's interesting, but I think I'm going to return it and wait another gen.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm real curious about the cheaper Quest 3 Lite (mini?) that's supposedly in the works for the first half of this year.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Spent about 5 hours using the Quest 3 today in a bunch of titles (not just racing, flight sim too) and really enjoyed it. Set up and raced in AC, ACC, and F123. Of the 3 AC performs the best and looks great with Pure and CSP latest – MX-5 Cup around Brands Hatch at sunset is spectacular. ACC I am really impressed with though, I heard it was basically a beast to get working well, but there's a couple guides with good tips and I have it looking really decent and running at 90 fps with dips to 80ish in the rain, 24 car grid. F1 - eh, it's not really a game I'm that interested in - it was a steam gift from a kind family member - it looks great, but there's this weird I dunno - jitter? I didn't try too hard on that one tbh. ACC is my main drive mostly although I've been spending more time in AC as well. Took the day off to do this today, but if I can squeeze some time in tomorrow after work I think I'll check out Touge on AC in VR. Very happy with the outcome for those two titles. Have a 3 month code for iRacing might have to activate it and try this out there.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 10, 2024

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

Spent about 5 hours using the Quest 3 today in a bunch of titles (not just racing, flight sim too) and really enjoyed it. Set up and raced in AC, ACC, and F123. Of the 3 AC performs the best and looks great with Pure and CSP latest – MX-5 Cup around Brands Hatch at sunset is spectacular. ACC I am really impressed with though, I heard it was basically a beast to get working well, but there's a couple guides with good tips and I have it looking really decent and running at 90 fps with dips to 80ish in the rain, 24 car grid. F1 - eh, it's not really a game I'm that interested in - it was a steam gift from a kind family member - it looks great, but there's this weird I dunno - jitter? I didn't try too hard on that one tbh. ACC is my main drive mostly although I've been spending more time in AC as well. Took the day off to do this today, but if I can squeeze some time in tomorrow after work I think I'll check out Touge on AC in VR. Very happy with the outcome for those two titles. Have a 3 month code for iRacing might have to activate it and try this out there.

Hello friend,
Do you have a few moments to talk about what AMS2 can bring into your life?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

My G27 has been put away under the stairs for the past threeish years, what are the chances that it still works?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I mean, did it work when you put it there?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Roller Coast Guard posted:

My G27 has been put away under the stairs for the past threeish years, what are the chances that it still works?

Pretty good actually, those things are durable.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Why wouldn't it work? 3 years for inorganic material is a very short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Logitech hasn't been making the same gear-driven wheelbase for 20+ years for no reason.