Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

well why not posted:

presently 85kg and I’m 5’10” so I’m a way off my goal of 90kg, which is the reported weight of Christian Bale in his Batman movies. I doubt I’ll get there but we’ll see. 5kg is a big jump and he looks way way bigger.

I’m not doing his ridiculous steroid programme so that sets me way back.

just keep at it

the part of doing it that people dont mention (w goals in mind) is that you are gonna start looking and feeling noticably good while doing it

so keep at it

this also applies to a lot of things that require practice and dedication

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

finally migrated the power rack from the garage to the basement for winter. 12 bolts connecting 4 parts, not a big deal just a chore.

my squat weight is a lot lower than it used to be but I've been putting more effort into delts and traps and now my back isn't shrieking at me two days later, which is nice

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Share Bear posted:

just keep at it

the part of doing it that people dont mention (w goals in mind) is that you are gonna start looking and feeling noticably good while doing it

so keep at it

this also applies to a lot of things that require practice and dedication

i already look pretty good tbh

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

akadajet posted:

this guy’s openness is amazing. “here’s exactly all the poo poo I was on and how I got it”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWaX2MR0A

that thumbnail is a weird way to learn that the kind of "gym bod" i am into is just what it looks like normally if you don't do steroids

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

that thumbnail is a weird way to learn that the kind of "gym bod" i am into is just what it looks like normally if you don't do steroids

id be more than happy to have a body like that. but not with these genetics

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
took a few days off work and i normally lift either on my lunch break or between meetings. it’s so nice lifting without feeling like i’m in a rush

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
god drat I need to get on the bike. my weight hasn’t improved at all :(

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

god drat I need to get on the bike. my weight hasn’t improved at all :(

tracking calories?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

not very well

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i skipped my bike today cause my knees hurt

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i ran my first sub-34 min 5k

this old potato is rolling slightly faster and further than it could before

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well-read undead posted:

i ran my first sub-34 min 5k

this old potato is rolling slightly faster and further than it could before

nice! I’ve been doing more jogging lately with the pooch. it’s exactly 5 kilometers from my door, around the neighborhood lake, then back home so it’s a good distance to work up to.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Running makes me feel bad and angry 😡

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

PokeJoe posted:

i'm the opposite, it's the only form of exercise i enjoy. do what makes you feel good imo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you're insane. I'd rather hike up a 4000' elevation mountaim trail than run a single mile

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

PokeJoe posted:

you're insane

this was never in question

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i feel good after running. it sucks sometimes when I’m doing it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I get no feelings of reward after exercising

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

you're insane. I'd rather hike up a 4000' elevation mountaim trail than run a single mile

or like walk around the block lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i didnt go hiking at all this year, i will change that next year

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i get bored walking. running is just the right amount of challenge/reward balance for me. because this is also me:

akadajet posted:

i feel good after running. it sucks sometimes when I’m doing it

i get very very bored and discouraged with any kind of weight training, so i will always be weak

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i like moving the weights around. makes me feel all manly and poo poo

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
any exercise that you enjoy is good exercise

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
thats why i enjoy not exercising

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

had a nice jog on the treadmill tonight, I'm trying to use it (either jogging or walking) every day I don't lift and it's going well so far. I used to hate the treadmill vs running outside but I'm getting used to it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

did 2.85 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. maybe next time I’ll push myself and do 3 miles in 30 minutes.

I’m also happy with how my chest and shoulders are looking in the mirror these days

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
decided to shuffle my workouts around a little this week and try something different. i’m still doing a 4 day per week upper/lower split, but i’m doing biceps and triceps MWF to up the frequency a bit. wednesday is exclusively arms, so i can really pile on some volume. i feel like i’m recovering well, i just need to move some lifts around to different days to account for my triceps being a little fatigued still

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
dropped a 25 lbs dumbbell directly on my phone screen today

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HamAdams posted:

dropped a 25 lbs dumbbell directly on my phone screen today

lol do you have insurance? if not time 4 a new phone.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

the amount of people i see just throw their phones around in the gym are amazing, just like whip it at their backpack

i am also like “put that poo poo away” but i know everyone is addicted to the internet now so i dont say anything irl

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
it’s just a beat up iphone 8 i’ve had since like 2018. i mostly use it for tracking my workouts and blasting thrash metal while i do leg curls next to the old lady on the ab machine

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HamAdams posted:

it’s just a beat up iphone 8 i’ve had since like 2018. i mostly use it for tracking my workouts and blasting thrash metal while i do leg curls next to the old lady on the ab machine

you should ask her if there’s a Mr Ab Machine

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

new year. same me.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I really wanna work on my diet this year

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ADINSX posted:

I really wanna work on my diet this year

I've been dieting and somehow managed to gain 6 lbs over the three days I spent with family. water weight, mostly, I think.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

akadajet posted:

I've been dieting and somehow managed to gain 6 lbs over the three days I spent with family. water weight, mostly, I think.

Makes sense, how do you feel?

I’m happy with my weight (around 185 at the moment), but I want more strength and less fat. I need to start cooking high protein meals and stop eating garbage

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ADINSX posted:

Makes sense, how do you feel?

I’m happy with my weight (around 185 at the moment), but I want more strength and less fat. I need to start cooking high protein meals and stop eating garbage

I’m also at 185 and 5’10”. I like some of the muscle definition I’m seeing in the mirror but still have too much midsection fat at the moment. I’d like to maintain 170 or so if that looks good.

Buying portioned lunches from a place near by has been helpful as I’m not big into cooking.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

oh lord im gettin fat again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

post hole digger posted:

oh lord im gettin fat again
nah you're bulking

you're preparing for a cut, later