Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lol keffals loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeYorkWrites/status/1737880244277702660?t=0s42f5DC0v80oxADWBPXVw&s=19

I cant believe mark Dawson survived two instances of hr giger aliens trying to implant extraterrestrial seeds into his brain to become a serial AI plaigarist author

“here Zoe York, you follow your leads, and I’ll follow mine.”

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

if mark's response starts with "don't worry, this'll explain everything" I'm closing the video as fast as i humanly can

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How can something that never existed end?

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeYorkWrites/status/1737880244277702660?t=0s42f5DC0v80oxADWBPXVw&s=19

I cant believe mark Dawson survived two instances of hr giger aliens trying to implant extraterrestrial seeds into his brain to become a serial AI plaigarist author

Oh no, not the Hall of Plagiarism again! The only way out of here is plagiarism!

Pretty much every time someone tries to criticize "Breadtube" and calls it out by that name, it's usually a red flag. Also who's keffals again? Also who's Kidology? One of their videos came across my feed recently and I ended up bouncing after a few minutes when it became apparent it was just about some bad take nonsense beef they had with FD Signifier.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

It's just a bunch of old stream VoDs spliced together.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Breadtube is a stupid name for anything not baking video related.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

KingKalamari posted:

Pretty much every time someone tries to criticize "Breadtube" and calls it out by that name, it's usually a red flag. Also who's keffals again? Also who's Kidology? One of their videos came across my feed recently and I ended up bouncing after a few minutes when it became apparent it was just about some bad take nonsense beef they had with FD Signifier.
Keffals is one of those Twitter people who is mostly famous for never not posting, everyday there's another Twitter drama swinging at other extremely online trans people and each one will make you feel dumber for knowing.

e. The last one I saw that I feel like is representative is when she said "every transwoman is in 50 private shittalk discord servers dedicated to clocking other trans people" and....I feel like that says more about you???

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 22, 2023

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do the Pillsbury's cinnamon rolls count as breadtube? I'd be very sad if those came to an end. Especially the ones with the orange icing. Those are hard to find!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KingKalamari posted:

Tangentially related: Has anyone else noticed how many fantasy writers are either Mormons or other fringe-offshoots of Christianity? And it feels like there's a particular character that fantasy written by these types have - not in the sense that Mormon theology is directly represented in their work, more that a lot of fantasy series written by Mormons tends to place a heavy emphasis on defining metaphysical systems. It was something that I first noticed in Dragonlance, and originally just took to be the writers' theology seeping into their work, only to later be informed by people better versed with the setting that wasn't really accurate. It was when I found out that Brandon Sanderson was Mormon that things kind of clicked into place for me, and I realized that most of the Mormon and fringe Christian SF creators I was familiar with tended to place a heavy emphasis on metaphysical systems.

They get a lot of support, aid, and general promotion from the church and groups associated with the church which is a fairly large factor in their success. It blows because mediocre religious guys writing mediocre, often excessively RPG influenced, fantasy series get so many legs up over literally everyone else and just kind of crowd everything else out from the public view.

Equeen posted:

Remember when keffals was slightly less embarrassing?

No

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can breadtube recover from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYhie6ir_M

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

keffels needs to log off

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

She was never not embarrassing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bread tube.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

mycot posted:

Keffals is one of those Twitter people who is mostly famous for never not posting, everyday there's another Twitter drama swinging at other extremely online trans people and each one will make you feel dumber for knowing.

e. The last one I saw that I feel like is representative is when she said "every transwoman is in 50 private shittalk discord servers dedicated to clocking other trans people" and....I feel like that says more about you???

That sort of specific yet relatable swing is only possible if it's actually true.

Like this wee joel vid.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

keffels needs to log off

Archer666 posted:

She was never not embarrassing.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i'm starting to think being a youtuber isn't good for your mental health...

KingKalamari posted:

keffals is a left(ish) trans streamer that got into a fight with kiwifarms and got cloudfare to shut them down (briefly i think). the harassment got severe enough that she had to move, and i think she got swatted too. the whole ordeal was no doubt incredibly mentally draining, but ever since, she's been getting into some beefs with certain other lefty streamers/youtubers like thought slime and hasan.

kidology is a black anti-woke youtuber who does video essays. she's not of the candace owens variety, and tries to maintain a "respectable" image, so more along the lines of the IDW type. regardless, she sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think "famous for being famous" is kind of a half-true thing but it got a lot easier when you can just like purchase an account with a ton of followers like a few people ie keffals/mrbeast

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm starting to think being a youtuber isn't good for your mental health...

keffals is a left(ish) trans streamer that got into a fight with kiwifarms and got cloudfare to shut them down (briefly i think). the harassment got severe enough that she had to move, and i think she got swatted too. the whole ordeal was no doubt incredibly mentally draining, but ever since, she's been getting into some beefs with certain other lefty streamers/youtubers like thought slime and hasan.

kidology is a black anti-woke youtuber who does video essays. she's not of the candace owens variety, and tries to maintain a "respectable" image, so more along the lines of the IDW type. regardless, she sucks

*nods* Naruhodo.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i use breadtube as shorthand for the style of vaguely leftist youtuber. i understand it doesnt mean anything coherent. am i the problem

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I use it to mean someone who makes 5 hour videos about Twitter drama that I don't watch instead of people using YouTube for it's intended purpose like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FISnrHry_cQ

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mr Interweb posted:

but ever since, she's been getting into some beefs with certain other lefty streamers/youtubers like thought slime and hasan.

This behavior is not some new post-harassment behavior, it’s part and parcel of what she does. She did a good thing in helping deplatform kf but she sucked in many ways during that too, bragging about how she could do what no one else did and talking poo poo to other folks who were harassed by them like it was all an individual effort and she wasnt just the final straw that broke the camels back.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lady Radia posted:

i use breadtube as shorthand for the style of vaguely leftist youtuber. i understand it doesnt mean anything coherent. am i the problem

It's funny that most "breadtubers" I follow were surprised to find themselves in said breadtube, like Atun-Shei Films who just looked up one day and saw people yelling at him and calling him a breadtuber because he started his Checkmate, Lincolnites! series.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I am so glad cs188 is still active.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQmw3ea3c4
Between them and DaThings, the spirit of classic YTP lives on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

my god she sucks poo poo

like it's really awful that KF exists and went after her and I'm glad she temporarily hit them and shone a light on that scene but also she sucks serious poo poo

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

This flippant disregard is pretty unfair, actually. She was an activist for transgender rights and raised a couple hundred thousand dollars for a transgender youth charity. She ran for office in Canada -- Communist Party of Canada (lol) but that's still something -- and turned a swatting incident into an event for actually positive trans rights discourse in mainstream media that ended in cloudflare terminating services for Kiwi Farms.

That said, her videos are mostly long and boring summaries of internet drama so I don't watch and would never recommend them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Grassy Knowles posted:

This behavior is not some new post-harassment behavior, it’s part and parcel of what she does. She did a good thing in helping deplatform kf but she sucked in many ways during that too, bragging about how she could do what no one else did and talking poo poo to other folks who were harassed by them like it was all an individual effort and she wasnt just the final straw that broke the camels back.

She also actively used Kiwi Farms to get dirt on people she didn't like and would occasionally ask her fanbase to go after people with much smaller internet presence who criticized her, often outright lying about their interactions to paint them as harassers and abusers. A lot of the more recent drama comes from her weird turn towards bigotry where she started making a lot of weird racist and ablest jokes and then doubling down extra hard when people said they were bad and or gross, eventually blaming the lovely behavior on drug addiction and vanishing for a few months before coming back with this video I guess.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

KingKalamari posted:

Pretty much every time someone tries to criticize "Breadtube" and calls it out by that name, it's usually a red flag.

I've recently come to associate people who complain vaguely about "Breadtube" with people who complain vaguely about "CalArts."

Anyway, Todd's channel is getting back to normal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expnb1nnI0M

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQL7BxbKGE
Bad Movie Bible has a new ninja movie video coming soon. BMB/Rob Hill is such an underrated channel. He's super knowledgeable, clearly loves bad movies and is a master of the deadpan.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Solitair posted:

I've recently come to associate people who complain vaguely about "Breadtube" with people who complain vaguely about "CalArts."

Anyway, Todd's channel is getting back to normal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expnb1nnI0M

There’s an epidemic among pop music YouTubers this year of being horribly wrong about Vampire re: it’s awesomeness, shame Todd got the sickness too

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/e9hvrwEBvIE?si=f5JodSHUIpQa0kKp

CathodeRayDude had a rough end of the year

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

mycot posted:

Incredibly dedicated endurance runners, eh? Always clocking each other, encouraging better times. Love to see it.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQL7BxbKGE
Bad Movie Bible has a new ninja movie video coming soon. BMB/Rob Hill is such an underrated channel. He's super knowledgeable, clearly loves bad movies and is a master of the deadpan.

his videos are fantastic! very informative, takes the subject seriously but with that great dry wit. i love his alien/aliens knockoff videos

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Whale Vomit posted:

This flippant disregard is pretty unfair, actually.

tell that to keffals, she’s the one flippantly disregarding liz fong jones and others, actually.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

He's lucky his appendix didn't rupture, mine did when I was like 14 and that is a pain I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DC Murderverse posted:

There’s an epidemic among pop music YouTubers this year of being horribly wrong about Vampire

I’m glad Todd wasn’t caught by it and rightfully recognises it as the worst song on the album.

He’s wrong about Flowers though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Crain posted:

Yes, kinda I guess. You get your own personal planet to enjoy/be god over.

as a heaven this does sound kinda cool tbh

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I can't believe FD Signifier went down to Youtube and single-handedly ended Breadtube with a mighty stroke of his katana. Truly these are dark times.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dougdoug finally edited down his shufflemania vod into a more digestible youtube video

it's still nearly two and a half hours long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2_SpkLltSc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I think most critiques of "breadtube" are always silly because while they assume it's "radical left" it's just philosophy majors who understand logic and reason better than most and every video trying to critique them comes across as going through mental gymnastics, that it ends up doing that Matt Bors iPhone comic but very long and pointless

This also holds true with most media critique. You either become Patrick Willems and get nebula to make a big skit about Star Wars with examples of what it represented and what is and isn't there today. And then you have those that can't even spill a complete sentence on their own that they just call things "woke" and won't figure it out and move goal posts.

YouTube has both the Masters Scholar and the Wish.com Fart Vlogger and it's wild they are considered equals.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't watch the James apology video, I think this year should be the year we just stop doing that - The Ukulele Girl, Jirard, just, everybody.

Has there ever been a successful apology video? Ever?