Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

it's cool on my 6th try the sniper didnt get the buff and the boss ran in circles and never even triggered the second part so fuckin whatever I'll take it I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can't worship chaos if you work as intended every time

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The initiative system kind of sucks tbh imo. You just get hosed at times. That fight was where it became noticeable since I restarted it few times

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Put more points in Agility and you'll notice a difference in Initiative. Plus you'll dodge more so win-win

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Did I miss anything on the bottom left planet in the first act?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Randumb question - why do I sometimes have like a little red number next to my stats on the level up menu? :shrug:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Randumb question - why do I sometimes have like a little red number next to my stats on the level up menu? :shrug:

It's a bonus from something that is being negated during levelup.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Supportive Yrliet ftw.

e: Oh neat, even eldar you haven't met yet stop calling you monkeigh if you go down this path.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 22, 2023

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Relevant Tangent posted:

Put more points in Agility and you'll notice a difference in Initiative. Plus you'll dodge more so win-win

Sounds like elf talk to me

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh neat, armor upgrade and a new weapon. Something feels a bit off though, lets take a closer look.

Hmm...

(its the weapon that does this, not the armor)

Also honestly a bit disappointing as a weapon upgrade, its inferior to the Eye of Hecaton in most of its stats, it just gives enemies blind on hit.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 22, 2023

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh warning, this patch still didn't fix Outcast's Duty yet, so if you wanted to finish your companion quests you might still be waiting until next week.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

SHISHKABOB posted:

Blah I hosed up getting Ulfar and now I'm upsetti spaghetti

if you have toybox you can go to etudes, search ulfar, and trigger the quest dialogue to recruit him - i also had this happen and was able to salvage it that way

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Bout to start the game this weekend, is there a good "things to know" tips post for me to read up on some recommended builds/things to avoid jank

I've played the other owlcat games and I fear going in blind

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

JosefStalinator posted:

Bout to start the game this weekend, is there a good "things to know" tips post for me to read up on some recommended builds/things to avoid jank

I've played the other owlcat games and I fear going in blind

After you get out of the prologue, go to Eurac V first to get the best party member in the game. The other options are a lot harder/get you relatively much worse party members.

Officers are the most OP class right now, because they give your party extra turns, and you have one character that gets permanent stacking damage when anyone gets an extra turn, and a second one that can turn most of a screen in to chunky salsa with a heavy bolter on any of those free extra turn attacks.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Xalidur posted:

My salt levels are spiking to dangerous levels and I have come to the internet to seek guidance.

Playing on Hard, I get into an encounter with old friends of Jae after leaving Footfall. It seems that every dialogue choice leads to Voidship combat. This is only my second Voidship fight and I am insanely outclassed, as in, my torpedos only deal 1/6 damage to the small adds, of which there are three. Regardless of positioning the enemies can kill me in the second round, sometimes before I can act again.

This feels like it's totally unbalanced and I shouldn't be here, but I don't seem to have any choice to avoid it? Is there some way to get your Voidship crazy upgraded on Footfall? I feel like I would need to be 3-5 times stronger to have a chance with good tactics.

Help me, Something Awful. You're my only hope.

Is this in Act 2 or Act 4? If it's the latter and your voidship is not levelled you're pretty boned. Otherwise just try cranking the difficulty for voidship combat down, it's a seperate option in the list so you can do this without having to cut down the rest of the difficulty.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the easiest way to get Argenta an extra AP so she can use a burst shot then Wildfire?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Am I supposed to know where in the Expanse the Cranach system is? It seems to be central to chapter 2 but I'm kinda feeling around in the dark here.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Oh warning, this patch still didn't fix Outcast's Duty yet, so if you wanted to finish your companion quests you might still be waiting until next week.

I went to this one last and used toybox to mark it as checked. Yrliet triggered the jealousy cutscene afterwards so I assume it completed as intended? Also Yrliet I just picked the options to be nice to you why do you think we're dating.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

emSparkly posted:

Am I supposed to know where in the Expanse the Cranach system is? It seems to be central to chapter 2 but I'm kinda feeling around in the dark here.

Nope, you're meant to explore and find it. It's on the West if your map though, just go westward from Janus if you've found it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Snooze Cruise posted:

you can't do this with AI

Had to squish them a little to resize them properly, but here's the game-ready portrait set!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lmao, I am currently doing the Pit setpiece and I just accidentally discovered that you can bypass having no equipment part by teleporting gear directly from your ship's cargo. lmao

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Lmao, I am currently doing the Pit setpiece and I just accidentally discovered that you can bypass having no equipment part by teleporting gear directly from your ship's cargo. lmao

Oh you think youve disarmed me? Abelard teleport me my backup gear

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Honestly before the game came out I thought Abelard was gona be boring and suck but actually he rules and is my bro

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Abby-don would have become my favorite CRPG NPC if it wasn't for baldur's gate 3 coming out. Love him.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Pasqual and Abby are both S rank CRPG companions.

I know a lot of people like Yrliet but I shanked her so no comment

It's wild how much more *fun* this game is compared with the relentless tedium of the Pathfinder games.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

What's the easiest way to get Argenta an extra AP so she can use a burst shot then Wildfire?

Get to level 20 where everyone gets +1 AP.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Abby-don would have become my favorite CRPG NPC if it wasn't for baldur's gate 3 coming out. Love him.

Who in BG is better?

I love most of the party members in that game, but none match the dutiful wonder that is Abe

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

emSparkly posted:

About as far to the left as you can go in act 2, you'll need to go through the Aldermatt system to get there. I'm really curious what happens if you do that one first, before the other two protectorate worlds. Because it sounds like the chaos insurgency kicks off as you're doing the other quest, so I wonder if things are just kicking off if you go there first as Heinrix suggests.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

There just isn't as much convesation to be had with them as in BG3, so I don't think there's a fair comparison between the games. Like, Cassia is an interesting character, and the fact that she'll give her servant back his voice if you say you dislike the practice of making them mutes is a very nice touch but if you're not romancing her you don't really have anything new to say to her throughout the game. She's got some interesting conversations with Argenta and Yrliet when you're bopping about. But in act iv my non-personal quest conversation topics with her are just repeating what I said to her when she first came on the ship.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, I actually think this is a good bug and shouild be kept. Nothing can keep a rogue trader from getting their gear!

e: poo poo, sorry for the triple post, should have just edited the first one twice.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

More Than Possible will give you 3AP on each Bring It Down
There's an Arch Militant talent (Discipline, I think) that gives a stack of Versatility when they get an extra turn, one that starts the fight with 2 stacks of Versatility (Always Ready I think?), and another that makes Wildfire (Flashfire) have discounted AP cost on stacks of 3 instead of 4.
I'm assuming you're using a heavy weapon, so make sure you've got the AM talent that reduces AP cost for heavy weapon attacks.

I feel like I'm missing something but I'm not staring at my endgame build right now.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Always Ready seems like a circle slam pick. Always start with a damage and accuracy buff forever? Thanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chapter 3 cranks the absolute vile poo poo up to 11. It makes my skin crawl.

I like it a lot.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's wild how much more *fun* this game is compared with the relentless tedium of the Pathfinder games.
I enjoy Abelard's dad vibes but Pasqal being an angry little computer man at all times fuckin' rules. He also seems to have about seven different built-in superpowers, which I guess means his religion is true. "What you are saying borders on tech-heresy but you have the big paper so in recognition of your rank: Yes, that is an adequate summation for a layman."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nessus posted:

I enjoy Abelard's dad vibes but Pasqal being an angry little computer man at all times fuckin' rules. He also seems to have about seven different built-in superpowers, which I guess means his religion is true.

Definitely so in the tabletop; in all the TTRPGS techpriests could get some serious bonuses as long as their money/resources held up. Permanent armour, limitless ammunition, flight, even psyker powers 9though that last one would require either a high-powered game, or a heavily-bribed GM).

Nessus posted:

"What you are saying borders on tech-heresy but you have the big paper so in recognition of your rank: Yes, that is an adequate summation for a layman."

I think the best part of that statement is that I still can't tell if he was being sarcastic/sassy :allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Making Idira into a Pyromancer Bounty Hunter has proven to be really good because you can make her get free turns to constantly cast Ignite into Inflame every time a Prey dies.
Pairs well with a Bounty Hunter Pasqal.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

I think the best part of that statement is that I still can't tell if he was being sarcastic/sassy :allears:

It's just hilariously passive aggressive, like a common stereotype of a tech support person.

He landed the sickest burn I've ever seen in an RPG which I posted part of a while back but I avoided posting the whole thing because of spoilers. Since it's been a few days I'm going to go back and find the whole thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How the hell do you recruit the last Chapter 3 companion, the Drukhari guy?
I ended up smearing him across the arena but I'm not sure what I could've done differently.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Good elves deserve scorn, bad elves deserve the business end of a flamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Good elves deserve scorn, bad elves deserve the business end of a flamer.

There's no such thing as good elves.