Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Speaking of roulettes, I haven't had much reason to run Alliance Raid since they made that change to ilevel and such. Has it helped spread things out a bit or does being the only required raid mean Crystal Tower is still almost exclusive?

I've seen a little less Crystal Tower, but what I have noticed is a far, far higher occurrence of getting the "yeah there's an actual sprout in here" award notice.

Which, at that point, I'm fine with it. It was honestly only really lousy when you ended up in there and no one needed it for MSQ progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Speaking of roulettes, I haven't had much reason to run Alliance Raid since they made that change to ilevel and such. Has it helped spread things out a bit or does being the only required raid mean Crystal Tower is still almost exclusive?

80% of my alliance roulettes since the change, and I am not exaggerating that figure, have been Aglaia

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Things are spread out a whole lot better now, and if you get a CT raid it's because someone actually needed it for story progression.

I got to queue into Weeping City because of ADR the other day and see an almost full party experience Ozma for the first time. :sickos:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

X0 roulette should absolutely bring better rewards when using a non-cap job, besides getting some extra tomestones per day the rewards are insulting.

And raid roulette should too, but at least that one has a high ratio of sprout bonuses and a chance at getting P12 for the weekly.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

It's weird seeing the shorthand people use for rous. My FC refers to 50/60/70/80 roulette as the "Jazz roulette" because it looks like the 5, 6, 7, 8 count used in jazz dance. If someone wants to run it for whatever reason you can ask "You like jazz?" and everyone in the FC will know that means you are going to queue us for that rou.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
The Brits in PCD refer to it as Steps roulette because they are terrible people with terrible tastes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xerophyte posted:

because they are terrible people with terrible tastes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Numbers roulette has been worthless for ages and beyond giving basically no XP, they still refuse to add the freebie loot the leveling dungeons got all the way down to Sastasha, it's great (but they were still trying to make it a thing by asking you to run numbers dungeons/roulette for some relic steps :laffo:).

And you can't even run it hoping to push more than five buttons, since you're more likely to get exciting dungeons like Amdapor Keep with single pulling tanks and honest healers, instead of the tWinning.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't do 50/60/70/80 because after the third or fourth Stone Vigil (Hard) I decided I really hate the level 50 dungeons, specifically

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

I call the 50/60/70/80 ones the capstone roulettes.

I haven't done AR roulettes in a while, but I remember the only joy I got out of landing CT was seeing who joined in naked/in glam gear, allowing me to mentally tar and feather the ilvl cheesers as I stewed through the slog.

Never called them out though, just blacklisted them and tried to cope.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rejoice, those of you who in the two years sense haven't already downloaded it in one way or another!

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1738243923238400344?t=PxPsU-D1X7BjZkmOlKj5lA&s=19

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Numbers roulette counts towards the tank mount achievements

That's... all I got.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Rejoice, those of you who in the two years sense haven't already downloaded it in one way or another!

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1738243923238400344?t=PxPsU-D1X7BjZkmOlKj5lA&s=19

Today has been poo poo so this is some excellent timing.

Soken about to be #1 on my Spotify wrapped for a third year in a row.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Today has been poo poo so this is some excellent timing.

Soken about to be #1 on my Spotify wrapped for a third year in a row.

That's assuming Spotify is on the list. Currently it isn't.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

The Brits in PCD are terrible people with terrible tastes.

No need to repeat yourself

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Warmachine posted:

That's assuming Spotify is on the list. Currently it isn't.

It is, just hard to find

https://open.spotify.com/album/3oVyCVU76IRV2h3fQFIm1S?si=SFEPU7hJRoWzzyMaQD7Rdg&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3oVyCVU76IRV2h3fQFIm1S

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
now put endwalker music into theatrhythm, cowards

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

flatluigi posted:

now put endwalker music into theatrhythm, cowards

What if they put theatrhythm into endwalker?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i was doing the tataru quests yesterday and i swear to god i thought they were about to

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xerophyte posted:

The Brits in PCD refer to it as Steps roulette because they are terrible people with terrible tastes.

Better to call it Woo Hoo Roulette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJv0rx5g-c

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

My static calls it Jazz Roulette because it’s a 5, 6, 7, 8!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They add a surprise field expedition zone in 6.55, but it's Theatrhythm. Somehow.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Would anyone happen to know what key Scream is in?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Would anyone happen to know what key Scream is in?

Sheet music online has F and A-sharp, which is I believe is D major and B minor, but I can't confirm the accuracy.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

flatluigi posted:

i was doing the tataru quests yesterday and i swear to god i thought they were about to

That's such a bad example of a mechanic they'd used before, though. A previous Starlight event used it, as does the Firmament story finale.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man I wish my computer wasn't in pieces so I could play again. Current difficulty is I have no screws for my motherboard and they're proving difficult to source online.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I finally decided to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and actually do some savage raiding, I'm hoping to get my p11 clear tonight, very hype.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

blastron posted:

My static calls it Jazz Roulette because it’s a 5, 6, 7, 8!

Giant Steps of Faith

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

Sheet music online has F and A-sharp, which is I believe is D major and B minor, but I can't confirm the accuracy.

Thank you! I ask because I don't have to reach at all during ' in the coffin of who I used to be' and 'from this empty waking wonderland' and was just curious lol

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I finally decided to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and actually do some savage raiding, I'm hoping to get my p11 clear tonight, very hype.

grats. A lot of the game's design really starts to show at that level.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I will say, Bardem's middle boss where you have to go to four points and run clockwise in duty support is really fun! As far as I remember there's nothing else like that with bots and I wish there were.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that boss is a good "do you know how to play the game" test. Up to that point you can sleepwalk through the game with survivable mechanics but Bardam's is a straight mechanics check with duty support.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The funniest thing to me is that the last boss even shares some mechanics (the look away)… and folks still flub it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They should have more bosses like that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Bardam's Mettle is a perfect storm of ways to make a leveling dungeon hard: not only does it actually have a backbone as far as mechanical difficulty goes, it's also right at the point where Augmented Shire gear falls off, so just muscling through doesn't really work out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Had the Bardam 2 meta changed? The method I learned for the chasers was "everyone takes a quadrant, stutter step". Tonight the rest of my party instead did "sprint in circles around the ring and drop them on anyone who isn't expecting that."

It's been a while, and all three of them doing the same thing weirds me out a bit.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's how I've always done it and I was doing Bardam's when it was new. I don't know what this quadrant nonsense is.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've usually see people running in a circle around the perimeter, although I started doing the stutter step thing, like, 3 or 4 years back after I saw someone do it during a run. I'm assuming the trust NPCs run the ring, so it might come up more often nowadays.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

I've usually see people running in a circle around the perimeter, although I started doing the stutter step thing, like, 3 or 4 years back after I saw someone do it during a run. I'm assuming the trust NPCs run the ring, so it might come up more often nowadays.

Yup, they each take a directional point and once the orange party begins they run the perimeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Huh. Those "chasers" target where you're standing so do they pace themselves or just book it and hope they don't run into the next guy?