Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Chiori's shoes are the final boss of walking around it feels like
I get the sense they might be based on some obscure bit of real Japanese fashion. They're almost too bizarre to be fictional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

heel-less heels

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm doing the second chapter of Fontaine now and I think Bill Haydon is the mole.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I get the sense they might be based on some obscure bit of real Japanese fashion. They're almost too bizarre to be fictional.
they seem based on the work of noritaka tatehana, whose designed shoes for lady gaga and other pop stars. tatehana in turn was inspired by the getas geishas used to wear. so turning those into actual traditional jp style shoes makes sense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol Childe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey neat, it's fin-de-siècle Bioshock.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol at Ayaka pointing a gun at the camera Pulp Fiction style

Also lol at Chevruse pulling a whole family dinner of fried junk food out of thin air and the despair on Traveler and Paimon's faces when she wouldn't share.

The three 4* characters for next banner are Chevruse, Kujo Sara, and Xinyan. The 5*'s for Lantern Rite's patch are expected to be Xiao & Cloud Retainer, then Nahida & Yao. Since Ganyu & Shenhe are getting skins, they'll probably appear in 4.5?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Is it too much to hope that Gaming will be on the first Lantern Rite banner and not the second? It probably is. Will I hope anyway? Yes, I am stupid.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tampa Bae posted:

The three 4* characters for next banner are Chevruse, Kujo Sara, and Xinyan. The 5*'s for Lantern Rite's patch are expected to be Xiao & Cloud Retainer, then Nahida & Yao. Since Ganyu & Shenhe are getting skins, they'll probably appear in 4.5?
I am extremely skeptical of the idea that they would put TFD and Kagura's on the same weapon banner. The 4* are gonna have to be total dogshit.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Zenostein posted:

Abyss mage shields'll break to anything eventually (except their own element). I think the herald's shield'll eventually take damage from hydro, but those take poo poo damage from anything except whatever the "correct" element is anyway.

Also I'm pretty sure that 3-type sumeru world boss works on herald rules, you can try it out there if he's got the right element (I think that resets daily, not on every respawn, so if it's not right it'll be a bit more of a pain than just killing it and coming back in a bit).

the 3 element herald's rotation resets every time you kill it. source: lots of farming for baizhu

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Is it too much to hope that Gaming will be on the first Lantern Rite banner and not the second? It probably is. Will I hope anyway? Yes, I am stupid.

I refuse to believe this evil could occur, he will definitely be on the plunge banners.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yaoyao was on Alhaithams banner so that she could be an eligible choice to pick for Lantern Rite. I would be shocked if Gaming is on the second for that reason.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

New 4*s almost always being on the second half banners really fucks me over as someone with a lot of very built/max/c6 characters. Like, if I want Chevy, I'd have to roll the Yoimiya banner and I don't want her cons. I already have a c6 raiden so I can't roll there. And the chance of getting Chevy is actually pretty low because there's no guaranteed 4* pity. I lucked into getting Mika, Freminet, and Kirara off-banner. This is more than likely going to have to be the case with Chevy. The only way I'd get Gaming is if he comes with a 5* that I still wants cons for, like Yelan or Neuvillette. The three banner system can't come fast enough.

MoonCrab posted:

National was an old example, the new hotness is march hunter Furi Yelan. In order to not fit into Furi Yelan you'd pretty much have not care about dealing raw talent damage at all, because march hunter Furi Yelan gives like 80-100 damage% and 36 crit rate. I cannot fathom the level of poopoo garbage a unit would need to be, to make this unworkable. Because while I was out I tested stuff like physical rust Ganyu and it was unironically decent. The floor is sooo high it's kinda crazy.

Quick question, in the march hunter Furina/Yelan dynamic, who wears march hunter? And does it require C6 Furina like reddit (lol) seems to suggest?

Note Block fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 23, 2023

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Note Block posted:

The only way I'd get Gaming is if he comes with a 5* that I still wants cons for, like Yelan or Neuvillette.
At least for Gaming, he should be on the Lantern Rite free Liyue 4* selector, so you won't need to wish for him.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Note Block posted:

New 4*s almost always being on the second half banners really fucks me over as someone with a lot of very built/max/c6 characters. Like, if I want Chevy, I'd have to roll the Yoimiya banner and I don't want her cons. I already have a c6 raiden so I can't roll there. And the chance of getting Chevy is actually pretty low because there's no guaranteed 4* pity. I lucked into getting Mika, Freminet, and Kirara off-banner. This is more than likely going to have to be the case with Chevy. The only way I'd get Gaming is if he comes with a 5* that I still wants cons for, like Yelan or Neuvillette. The three banner system can't come fast enough.

Quick question, in the march hunter Furina/Yelan dynamic, who wears march hunter? And does it require C6 Furina like reddit (lol) seems to suggest?

I should think march hunter would go on your primary damage dealer since that's who's getting the crit rate buff. I can't see why it would require C6 furina especially since her c6 buffs buffs her normals for 1 string after using her skill. Some of her cons are quite powerful and making her ult more effective obviously enhances that strategy but she should be able to turn on the crit buff all the way from c0 as long as you keep her summons up (and have some sort of party healing so they can keep the hp drain train going).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ardlen posted:

At least for Gaming, he should be on the Lantern Rite free Liyue 4* selector, so you won't need to wish for him.

Huuuuge bless

imweasel09 posted:

I should think march hunter would go on your primary damage dealer since that's who's getting the crit rate buff. I can't see why it would require C6 furina especially since her c6 buffs buffs her normals for 1 string after using her skill. Some of her cons are quite powerful and making her ult more effective obviously enhances that strategy but she should be able to turn on the crit buff all the way from c0 as long as you keep her summons up (and have some sort of party healing so they can keep the hp drain train going).

It's on a number of posts and specifically mentioned in the KQM article at the bottom of the artifact sets list here: https://keqingmains.com/q/furina-quickguide/#Artifact_Sets buuuut that does again specify Furina having to be C6 since she'd be the one wearing march hunter. That's why I'm asking! My assumption is that in the march hunter Furina/Yelan dynamic, Yelan would be wearing MH, but maybe my assumption was wrong haha

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yelan and Furina are the core which supports a Hunter set damage dealer. Neither uses MH. Yelan probably uses Emblem and Furina uses Golden Troupe. You pair them with one healer (for Furina's Fanfare) and someone who does Normal attacks on-field. That on-fielder uses MH, because MH doesn't work unless the character is on-field.

So you would do like Yelan+Furina and then Charlotte+Ayaka, or Bennett+Diluc, or Kuki+Alhaitham, or Noelle+Gorou. MH goes on the damage dealer of the pair you are adding in (so e.g. Ayaka, Diluc, Alhaitham, or Noelle). Or for exploration you can do Jean+Kazuha, where Jean just bonks things to trigger Yelan attacks in between Kazuha pulling things in for Furina's pets to AoE; in that team, no one uses MH because overworld exploration poo poo is easy.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 23, 2023

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

Yelan and Furina are the core which supports a Hunter set damage dealer. Neither uses MH. Yelan probably uses Emblem and Furina uses Golden Troupe. You pair them with one healer (for Furina's Fanfare) and someone who does Normal attacks on-field. That on-fielder uses MH, because MH doesn't work unless the character is on-field.

So you would do like Yelan+Furina and then Charlotte+Ayaka, or Bennett+Diluc, or Kuki+Alhaitham, or Noelle+Gorou. MH goes on the damage dealer of the pair you are adding in (so e.g. Ayaka, Diluc, Alhaitham, or Noelle). Or for exploration you can do Jean+Kazuha, where Jean just bonks things to trigger Yelan attacks in between Kazuha pulling things in for Furina's pets to AoE; in that team, no one uses MH because overworld exploration poo poo is easy.

Nice thank you, that clears up my confusion perfectly!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Also note the upcoming Xianyun will probably work as a healer flex in basically all of those teams except the ones that want another elemental resonance (or you could replace Yelan with someone for resonance purposes, especially if they're not a normal attack user), since she can heal and VV shred and maybe group a little. Good Furina synergy even if not using the plunge gimmick. Baizhu/Yaoyao as a healer flex is also a possibility, though probably not so much with Hyperbloom as Spread/Aggravate since Hyperblooms don't benefit from MH.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AParadox posted:

I accidentally ran geo hydro team in noele talents domain and suddenly found that hydro actually breaks cryo shields on its own when I thought it did not react in any way. Also geo is way more effective vs cryo than I remembered but maybe its just shatter.

https://i.imgur.com/WemBmKA.mp4

Now after trying out xq and yelan vs slime and abyss mage cryo shields without a great sword, they are still depleting at a decent pace and I feel I've been playing wrong for 3 years.

Cryo cube shield is as immune to hydro as I previously expected it to be, anyone knows if cryo abyss herald shield is immune to hydro or not? Don't think there is any in the wild to test it out.

I would insist this was a property unique to Furina's summons, until you said XQ's ult was reducing their shields. That did not happen the last time I ran XQ/Kokomi (accidentally) in that domain. I'm not sure when that's changed. The cryo mage wiki still lists the shields as being invulnerable to hydro. https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Cryo_Abyss_Mage

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tampa Bae posted:

So is it looking like Raiden isn't getting a run soon? And Nahida is a must get, right? I've been using dendro traveler in my scuffed hyperbloom, heh.

Cloud retainer sounds fun just for the character.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

xZAOx posted:

So is it looking like Raiden isn't getting a run soon? And Nahida is a must get, right? I've been using dendro traveler in my scuffed hyperbloom, heh.

raiden is literally in the next banner (2nd half of 4.3) alongside Yoimiya

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

xZAOx posted:

Raiden's on the second half of this patch with Yoiyama, we already knew that but not which 4* characters would be with them, other than Chevreuse

I don't have Nahida either but she's miles ahead of every other Dendro character in the game, and Hyperbloom is very strong so if you care about having strong characters then yes, Nahida is basically one of the strongest and most important to pull for

For Raiden, my understanding as long as you have Fischl & Kuki Shinobu, maybe Beidou then Raiden isn't completely necessary as she's just a stronger version of those characters for reaction teams

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 23, 2023

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nahida is the only character in the game I'd call a must-have. Dendro teams are powerful, varied, fun, and kind of crap to play without Nahida since every other off-field Dendro applier does their job awkwardly and/or poorly.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh, my bad, heh. I was planning on Raiden, but I don't know if I'll be able to get enough primos after her to ensure Nahida. Especially if I lose the 50/50 on either.

I'm not f2p, just Welkins and maybe the bp. I bought it last month, but the poe league kept me busy this one and I'm not confident I can max it out, and it only seems worth it if you can max it. The 10k / week limit is dumb.

I have Kuki and Beidou, so I can pass on her if needed.

Of course, the game would rather I just buy the $100 primo pack with the double first time bonus, heh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

xZAOx posted:

Of course, the game would rather I just buy the $100 primo pack with the double first time bonus, heh.

I shamefully bought the 50 dollar primos with double bonus to ensure I got Raiden

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I'm a bit late to shield chat, but for newer players, here is a short guide to shield damage in Genshin:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUc9A7O5C7CX0qYHmCqB44uhpHYY-Txgv6rdibM8Jw4/edit

List of enemy resistances and GUs needed to break shields:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1196OGAGBtFV_wPGwd6jME4JBYDOQdToAP3jhcZshq-I/edit#gid=0

Most Abyss shields (not Fatui shields) do take normal damage, it just requires 500% max HP to fully shatter, which is achievable on mages but not lectors.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sandorius posted:

I'm a bit late to shield chat, but for newer players, here is a short guide to shield damage in Genshin:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUc9A7O5C7CX0qYHmCqB44uhpHYY-Txgv6rdibM8Jw4/edit

List of enemy resistances and GUs needed to break shields:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1196OGAGBtFV_wPGwd6jME4JBYDOQdToAP3jhcZshq-I/edit#gid=0

Most Abyss shields (not Fatui shields) do take normal damage, it just requires 500% max HP to fully shatter, which is achievable on mages but not lectors.

The second doc says hydro can't harm cryo shields, which was true in my experience. Earlier poster was saying now they do. Even if it's just "poise" breaking them, that's still new that XQ's ult does that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It's possible that they have a physical component like infused NAs (Diluc's are still Claymore hits and will break ores even with his fire infusion up).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So my luck on the Navia banner wasn't amazing (I think Star Rail sucked up all my luck recently) but skipping a few banners previously helped so all good. Still enough primos saved to hopefully get musket girl and another Raiden constellation next banner.

Navia C0 with her signature axe and some decent artifacts is good. Nothing world shaking but good and fun to play, so that's a good outcome. Will continue to use.

I am not confident about my ability to get Chinese Bayonetta in 4.4 but ah well, can't have everything.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I don't regret pulling on Navia at all, because now that she's up to level 80 and a little bit better built critting enemies with a single shotgun blast for 200k damage absolutely rules and unlike Neuvilette you don't have to worry about being shielded, knocked out of your skill, or even set up, you can just deliver drive-by executions on enemies

once I get a Nahida and Kazuha I won't have to worry about pulling on banners anymore, I can just save for banners I like instead of on things I need

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The second doc says hydro can't harm cryo shields, which was true in my experience. Earlier poster was saying now they do. Even if it's just "poise" breaking them, that's still new that XQ's ult does that.

The document mentions "regular damage" breaking shield and not poise damage so that might be what I was actually seeing. In some other tests I did it the shield damage had very little to do with the poise inflicted but the damage being the factor would explain it, for example https://streamable.com/jr0k2z, sword CA do more poise damage than yelan ult barrage but they barely scratch the shield.

I also saw koko normals, CA and Neuv normals do next to no cryo shield damage while Neuv CA almost broke it on its own. The reason why I thought something changed its because the last time I've ever attempted to break cryo shields with hydro my characters were much weaker.

Edit: this also helps explain why every now and then I've seen Eula ult nearly one shot abyss mage shields . Or why I found geo to be far more effective than I remembered in that domain.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 23, 2023

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

I don't regret pulling on Navia at all, because now that she's up to level 80 and a little bit better built critting enemies with a single shotgun blast for 200k damage absolutely rules and unlike Neuvilette you don't have to worry about being shielded, knocked out of your skill, or even set up, you can just deliver drive-by executions on enemies

I'm enjoying Navia but I feel like this is overselling it more than a bit. With a max rank skill, level 90 Navia, level 90 Skyward Pride, and decent artifacts from her new set, I crit for maybe 40-60k on drivebys against random mobs without any setup. The big hits require a bunch of extra poo poo like TTDS/Tenacity/Bennett burst/building up a bunch of ammo, which doesn't really work on overworld mobs who are dead before you can do all of that.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 23, 2023

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Vargs posted:

Nahida is the only character in the game I'd call a must-have.

John Lee. Nahida is really good, but if we're talking about enabling entirely different abyss things... there ya go.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

For Raiden, my understanding as long as you have Fischl & Kuki Shinobu, maybe Beidou then Raiden isn't completely necessary as she's just a stronger version of those characters for reaction teams

She's not even necessarily stronger than them. Unless you're giving Raiden field time for her burst to be Temporary Better Keqing, Fischl outdamages her and Beidou can out damage her for multi-target, although her energy needs can be an issue. EM Raiden vs EM Kuki is a choice between range and healing + aoe mostly. Raiden isn't bad, but her direct competitors are some of the strongest characters in the game while also being 4 stars.

Unless you're using her as a carry, then she's competing with Keqing and Cyno and honestly I think she's close to even on that one too. But the entire electro carry niche really wants Nahida, so if you're choosing between Raiden and Nahida then Raiden's on field use doesn't seem like it should be a major consideration.

I guess there's also Raiden National, but do you really want to run your Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqui with less ER to take advantage of Raiden's ER boost on exactly one team? Just run Sucrose National instead. You even get crowd control as a bonus.

--This post signed by the Something Awful Forums' #1 Fischl and Sucrose fan, tbf

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

Nahida is the only character in the game I'd call a must-have. Dendro teams are powerful, varied, fun, and kind of crap to play without Nahida since every other off-field Dendro applier does their job awkwardly and/or poorly.

I've always considered Zhongli and Kazuha to be the only two characters truly worth spending money on, with Yae, Yelan, Nilou, and Nahida in a seperate tier directly below it. I've recently added Neuvillette to the "worth real money" list as well, but strictly speaking, the only two must haves are still Zhongli and Kazuha.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Captain France posted:

She's not even necessarily stronger than them. Unless you're giving Raiden field time for her burst to be Temporary Better Keqing, Fischl outdamages her and Beidou can out damage her for multi-target, although her energy needs can be an issue. EM Raiden vs EM Kuki is a choice between range and healing + aoe mostly. Raiden isn't bad, but her direct competitors are some of the strongest characters in the game while also being 4 stars.

Unless you're using her as a carry, then she's competing with Keqing and Cyno and honestly I think she's close to even on that one too. But the entire electro carry niche really wants Nahida, so if you're choosing between Raiden and Nahida then Raiden's on field use doesn't seem like it should be a major consideration.

I guess there's also Raiden National, but do you really want to run your Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqui with less ER to take advantage of Raiden's ER boost on exactly one team? Just run Sucrose National instead. You even get crowd control as a bonus.

--This post signed by the Something Awful Forums' #1 Fischl and Sucrose fan, tbf

Raiden National lets me 36* abyss alongside Nahida so yes, yes I do want to devote those characters to one specific team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Vargs posted:

I'm enjoying Navia but I feel like this is overselling it more than a bit. With a max rank skill, level 90 Navia, level 90 Skyward Pride, and decent artifacts from her new set, I crit for maybe 40-60k on drivebys against random mobs without any setup. The big hits require a bunch of extra poo poo like TTDS/Tenacity/Bennett burst/building up a bunch of ammo, which doesn't really work on overworld mobs who are dead before you can do all of that.

Mine does ~95k with three stacks, ~127k with six stacks with geo resonance + golden troupe active but otherwise unbuffed.

EDIT: I was curious so I tried it out with 6 stacks Navia Bennett+Millelith Zhongli+TTDS Noblesse Mona and hit 309k which is my highest hit ever (I don't fish for high scores much).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 23, 2023

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Confirming that you can in fact do damage to a Hydro Abyss Mage shield with regular attacks. It ain't much but it will slowly wear them down. Don't ask how I know for sure.

Vargs posted:

Aggravate is OK with Yaoyao or Baizhu, but good Lord you start feeling it instantly the moment you want a second Dendro for anything else. Nahida also does significant personal damage, sort of like how Furina is "just" a buffer and Hydro applicator who also has summons that do five digit hits every second or so (that's just slightly less impressive because it's the norm for Hydro off-fielders but it makes her and XQ/Yelan seem even more insane when put that way).

Captain France posted:

EM Raiden vs EM Kuki is a choice between range and healing + aoe mostly. Raiden isn't bad, but her direct competitors are some of the strongest characters in the game while also being 4 stars.
Also, since shields came up recently, Raiden's E has the same issue as Albedo's where you have to actually deal damage to trigger it, so she does nothing to shielded enemies until you break them. Kuki's pulses don't care about that, so she can do Hyperblooms to break shields (or just break them with her skill itself, or both).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I remember when zhongli was bad