Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dead elves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jack Trades posted:

How the hell do you recruit the last Chapter 3 companion, the Drukhari guy?
I ended up smearing him across the arena but I'm not sure what I could've done differently.

you shouldn't end up fighting him in the arena, instead in the opening dialogue you offer him to switch sides and he will fight on your team, i think you need to have offered it once before too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

you shouldn't end up fighting him in the arena, instead in the opening dialogue you offer him to switch sides and he will fight on your team, i think you need to have offered it once before too

I see. That makes sense.

I didn't have the option in the arena because I probably took the opportunity to talk poo poo to him at an earlier time instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone happen to know if this works on Psyker/Navigator powers?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Hmmm... not sure who to drop for Yrliet....

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Pasquale :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh no, your party is ambushed and surrounded by a horde of strong enemies, and they're all acting before you in the initiative order?! what will you do?!

Grand Strategist gets a free turn, buffs everyone, uses Word of the Emperor to buff everyone's resolve, makes Cassia do a free attack.
Cassia blasts 1/3rd of the encounter with her AoE and the resolve buffs + damage gives her a Heroic Act which she uses on Pasqal.
Pasqal marks 3 Prey targets and starts mag dumping his plasma gun into the crowd. Once a prey dies Idira gets a free turn with 2 AP.
Idira marks 3 Prey and uses Ignite + Inflame which lights one target and makes everyone who's lit up take more damage.
Pasqal keeps magdumping and giving Idira free turns until everything is dead without getting to act, despite my whole team being at the bottom of the initiative order.

Also I'm playing on Daring.
I loving love this stupid rear end game.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

Is this in Act 2 or Act 4? If it's the latter and your voidship is not levelled you're pretty boned. Otherwise just try cranking the difficulty for voidship combat down, it's a seperate option in the list so you can do this without having to cut down the rest of the difficulty.

It's the beginning of Act 2. Fortunately, I realized I could scout different routes and the above encounter only appears on a certain one. Unfortunately, Voidship Combat on Hard feels like it got zero tuning pass at all and sucks horribly to play. Basically requires taking a linear route through the map and finding which encounters are easy and which are impossible, without much middle ground. Singlehandedly has made me like the game much less. The numbers are stupid.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Use toybox and blow them all up

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Alas, it cannot be. Then I will have cheated not only the game, but myself.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Supportive Yrliet ftw.

e: Oh neat, even eldar you haven't met yet stop calling you monkeigh if you go down this path.

I do love how like 60 hours later after recruiting her, doing all her personal quests, and generally creating a glorious bridge of peace and understanding between human and aeldari, basically every dialogue I have with her still has an option to go "gently caress off space elf" and shoot her

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Chapter 3 cranks the absolute vile poo poo up to 11. It makes my skin crawl.

I like it a lot.

Dark elves are freaks and I like how they are distinct from Chaos.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Chillgamesh posted:

I do love how like 60 hours later after recruiting her, doing all her personal quests, and generally creating a glorious bridge of peace and understanding between human and aeldari, basically every dialogue I have with her still has an option to go "gently caress off space elf" and shoot her

I wish those options were behind like a second layer of convo options cause like what if I accidentally hit 6 or whatever and like NOOOOO IM SORRY. I accidentally did that with the Theodora painting before I wanted to replace it, because the option for talking to the rep vendors at the factotum guy disappeared lol.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Always Ready seems like a circle slam pick. Always start with a damage and accuracy buff forever? Thanks.

Yeah, IMO this is a must-have for getting the AM's scaling going as fast as possible, along side Wild Fire and the Flash Fire talent. Broad Expertise, on the other hand, is something I recommend skipping. 2x WS/BS bonus to each stat just isn't nearly as impactful as other talents you can pick until you're doing victory laps in Exemplar. The way it's worded, I doubt it updates the stats as your BS/WS rises from Versatility stacks... but this being Owlcat and seeing that Air of Authority registers your Officer's resolve changes after it is applied (:psyduck:) means that it could be possible because Lolowlcat.

I'll test it when I get a chance I guess.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's just hilariously passive aggressive, like a common stereotype of a tech support person.

He landed the sickest burn I've ever seen in an RPG which I posted part of a while back but I avoided posting the whole thing because of spoilers. Since it's been a few days I'm going to go back and find the whole thing.

This does not narrow it down in the slightest. I just saw a scene that I missed in my first run because I wasn't scouring Rykad hard enough where he uses a lot of words to call a peasant a gullible gently caress.

Pasqal is pretty much constantly dropping extremely wordy burns on everyone.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

How the hell do you recruit the last Chapter 3 companion, the Drukhari guy?
I ended up smearing him across the arena but I'm not sure what I could've done differently.
In the conversation before that in the surgical theater you have to turn off your translator device and tell him in low Gothic that he can still switch sides. This then lets you tell him to switch sides in the conversation at the start of the arena fight

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Abelard and Pasqal are both tremendously good but BG3 characters are just in a different league due to the technical difference. I feel more comfortable comparing them to older game characters like the classic '90s aughts and teens crpgs rather than fully mocapped, quality voice actors that made Asty, Lizzy and Karlach so great.

I love Abby because it's a great kind of open thought experiment about how 40K juvenat treatments and such would create Battle-Grandpas

Pasqal Is everything great about the mechanicum in 40K with the added bit of spice that he's actually as much of a potential liability as Indira when it comes to heretical activities.

Basically every time he suggested a solution to something my in-character reaction was 'okay cogboy I don't know poo poo about any of this' and my out of game reaction was 'hooo hooo hooo boy, Man I really hope we don't run into another magos basically ever.'

In terms of, like, traditional heresy the Inquisition would worry about my ship is squeaky clean by RT standards, If Mars knew everything we were doing we would be their priority number one. gently caress, I have a gigantic seemingly sentient computer of an indeterminate age performing like a navigator in the core of one of my planets and Pascal's reaction was "Rad."

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like it when he says "the omnissiah knows all, comprehends all."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This unit is blessed with zero fucks to give.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

I like it when he says "the omnissiah knows all, comprehends all."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Does anyone have good 40k art to use for a character portrait. AI poo poo makes searching difficult.

just realized that no one helped with this at all lol. ive managed to find a few things but probably not enough to be useful here

apparently this helps filter out some of the ai. theres a firefox version and more blacklist items in the comments
https://twitter.com/JensClaessens/status/1734935516246622303 theres also less ai results on other search engines like yandex and duckduckgo ime. unfortunately sites like pinterest, artstation, and deviantart are getting more and more clogged up with it so if you get results from there you have to check the sources yourself

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Does anyone have good 40k art to use for a character portrait. AI poo poo makes searching difficult.

https://40k.gallery/

Giant repository of 40k art all sorted and tagged.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36PMkQAHco0

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SHISHKABOB posted:

Dark elves are freaks and I like how they are distinct from Chaos.

I bet Slaanesh loves what they turns the Dark Elder into though.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

https://40k.gallery/

Giant repository of 40k art all sorted and tagged.

Oooh. This is good.

CottonWolf posted:

I bet Slaanesh loves what they turns the Dark Elder into though.

Maybe in the "one step closer to being dinner" perspective. Actually, since Dark Eldar aren't using soul stones (and I know very little about this), doesn't the Dark Eldar solution to the soul problem basically only work so long as the Drukhari in question is alive? The impression I got was that the Aeldari solution works so long as the actual stone isn't destroyed, but for a Drukhari, a bolt to the chest is a one way ticket to horny god snack time.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 22, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dark eldar lore is indeterminable. A bunch of them are vat bred schmucks and some of them are functionally immortal. My in-person experience with other Warhammer 40K fans is that a crucial part of understanding much more than that is a metal t-shirt and a wallet chain.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Eifert Posting posted:

Dark eldar lore is indeterminable. A bunch of them are vat bred schmucks and some of them are functionally immortal. My in-person experience with other Warhammer 40K fans is that a crucial part of understanding much more than that is a metal t-shirt and a wallet chain.
Do people who run Harlequins wear ICP merch?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No one wants to paint those little bastards.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fwiw I actually meant both the SEO search poo poo making what I was looking for hard to find and also that a lot of it was AI poo poo when I did find anything. Thanks for the people who posted art.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Ran into the first Slaneesh bedroom fight during warp travel, vastly easier then it was in the beta. You start in the bedroom pre-combat so you can get equipment set up, then when you trigger it you could retreat back into the bedroom into heavy cover for 2 turns while waiting for your companions to show up. Also, unless difficulty effects amount of enemies, it was only 2 daemonettes not 4, which made it pretty impossible to do damage if 3 of them are all attacking you for the -3AP debuff.

I've already spent all 3 Extractiums on some adamantine( 2 and 2) and xenotech(2). All the 5-7 resource icons I passed over were pretty tempting. The campaign map navigation is definitely going to be a pain to travel to and from those locations later when I have more Extractiums.

I don't know if anyone saw, but they released another hotfix today that seemed to focus on Quezta Temer, claimed it fixed several dialogue issues that blocked progression.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah hearing Outcasts Duty is fixed, even though dialogue ending abruptly says otherwise. An event will pop off during a warp travel event that moves quest along

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pentyne posted:

Ran into the first Slaneesh bedroom fight during warp travel
Nice!

pentyne posted:

You start in the bedroom pre-combat so you can get equipment set up, then when you trigger it you could retreat back into the bedroom into heavy cover for 2 turns while waiting for your companions to show up. Also, unless difficulty effects amount of enemies, it was only 2 daemonettes not 4, which made it pretty impossible to do damage if 3 of them are all attacking you for the -3AP debuff.
Oh...nevermind.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I gave Pascal (who I've somehow ended up with as an assassin, not sure why I did that) "Keep your Distance" and it's hilarious. People run up to him and just... fall over prone.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Keep Your Distance is hilarious in general, it also works when you run up to an enemy, you just automatically shove everyone prone when you approach them or run past them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yremeryss the Chapter 3 boss has a nasty effect where they instantly interrupt your turn and have every enemy take their turn at once, once the boss reaches 50%, and the tooltip for it is broken, so you have to get hosed by it to even know that it exists.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Yremeryss the Chapter 3 boss has a nasty effect where they instantly interrupt your turn and have every enemy take their turn at once, once the boss reaches 50%, and the tooltip for it is broken, so you have to get hosed by it to even know that it exists.

this is the moment lowlcat woke up and realized "wait a second we gave players the tools to go first and have infinite turns so enemies don't even get to act"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Janissary Hop posted:

this is the moment lowlcat woke up and realized "wait a second we gave players the tools to go first and have infinite turns so enemies don't even get to act"

It's fine, on a restart I just killed everything except the boss before they got to act and then the passive didn't matter anymore.
I was just a little salty that the tooltip that would've warned me about it was broken.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tbh it feels implemented in a weird almost broken way. Its a weird fight.

She has the 10% heal per turn Exemplar feat which is ok, then the other heal, but the way it triggers feels out of nowhere. But yeah killing adds then boss is the way to go.

Thinking I may restart from Act 3 today, see whats been fixed so far

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Warmachine posted:

Maybe in the "one step closer to being dinner" perspective. Actually, since Dark Eldar aren't using soul stones (and I know very little about this), doesn't the Dark Eldar solution to the soul problem basically only work so long as the Drukhari in question is alive? The impression I got was that the Aeldari solution works so long as the actual stone isn't destroyed, but for a Drukhari, a bolt to the chest is a one way ticket to horny god snack time.

Yeah pretty much. The Drukhari have eternal youth so long as they feed off suffering, but a portion of their sadism feeds Slaanesh and the second they die they get snapped up. Idk dying in the Webway makes something different happen with their souls; I also thought all space elf babies would be stillborn because Slaanesh snaps them up immediately but apparently that's not true either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's just hilariously passive aggressive, like a common stereotype of a tech support person.

He landed the sickest burn I've ever seen in an RPG which I posted part of a while back but I avoided posting the whole thing because of spoilers. Since it's been a few days I'm going to go back and find the whole thing.

end of chapter 4 spoilers:

Pasqual letting Ulfar know what he thinks of him had me hooting and hollering.