Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Dr. Stab posted:

They do that because they are legally obligated to do it by GDPR. It started out the opposite way until it was pointed out. And briefly, because someone understood the requirement of "No Pre-Checked Boxes" literally, it was a box you had to check to not share your email.

I remember this, and still have a reflexive scan over the checkbox as a result. I was bizarrely pleased with the idea that I was selecting "no thanks" although the current solution is obviously better. Not sure why my brain said "oh nice a 'gently caress off' checkbox!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
they're making me want to play runescape again so i guess that's a good giveaway

probably won't tho

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Checking out the idler, and it seems to be missing a little something. There's too much stuff off the hop, and no clear goals to shoot for.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The General posted:

Checking out the idler, and it seems to be missing a little something. There's too much stuff off the hop, and no clear goals to shoot for.

I strongly recommend the beginner guide on the wiki. Generally you can't go wrong by setting your own goals, but the way to get there efficiently is often more complicated than "grind x skill", and this is a game that heavily revolves around doing things efficiently

I did mostly non-combat early on, following the guide, but synergies are a big part of the game, for example using Agility and Firemaking boosts to level Fishing faster for some rings that give you a boost to skill XP, or using Thieving to get some gear or other that helps Mining, that sort of thing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

If a game's start is "Check out the wiki", I'm definitely not interested. A long while ago I stopped using walkthroughs and wikis because I wasn't playing games anymore, just following steps.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i played the mobile version way back when. it's just a bunch of menus and about a paragraph total of story backloaded over hundreds of hours.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus, it sounds like a lot of effort to not play the game

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Stab posted:

They do that because they are legally obligated to do it by GDPR. It started out the opposite way until it was pointed out. And briefly, because someone understood the requirement of "No Pre-Checked Boxes" literally, it was a box you had to check to not share your email.

I take back anything nice I've said about EGS

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If a corporation is doing something that seems nice, they're probably complying with some European law requiring them to be not complete poo poo.

Thanks, Europe! :)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dr. Stab posted:

GoG does that and they don't even have a checkbox on the purchase screen. You have to dig into your settings later to unsubscribe.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The General posted:

If a game's start is "Check out the wiki", I'm definitely not interested. A long while ago I stopped using walkthroughs and wikis because I wasn't playing games anymore, just following steps.
a good realisation

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

The Kins posted:

Mobile Suit Baba is a new game by the creator of Baba Is You, and it's free for the first week.

Okay, I'm opening up the world map and not seeing anything to start. No flags or anything. Is there a briefing I'm not hearing due to not having volume on or?

Edit: antivirus

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 22, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There should be a flag in the lower left of the map that does the tutorial.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

melvor idle is well regarded by idle game sickos however the runescape theme just seems extremely dull and uninteresting to me
also wow it's published by jagex? wtf? i thought it was a fangame

I was gonna joke about them picking up Arenascape, but oh wow, I guess that got resurrected.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Caveblazers is up for grabs for the next 72-ish hours o'er on GOG.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Art of Rally free on Epic, for the next 19 and a bit hours only.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/art-of-rally

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

It’s a good game too.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Art of rally is very good

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So I guess that's the one good game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fallout 3 on Epic today

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

So I guess that's the one good game?

Waffleman_ posted:

Fallout 3 on Epic today

hm

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
cowjafee was right

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

The Kins posted:

Mobile Suit Baba is a new game by the creator of Baba Is You, and it's free for the first week.

The author very kindly updated this so that you can now "claim" it (add it to your Itch account). Which is worth doing so that you can continue to receive updates, install and manage it via the Itch app, and generally organise the game in whatever you use to manage games rather than just have a zip file somewhere that if you're like me you'll forget to play.

Also if you downloaded the zip the other day when this was posted you'll want an update anyway as there's been loads of bug fixes since then.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
JFC, its a 20mb installation.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

repiv posted:

they said they're not going to sunset any more expansion content going forward

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-sunset-expansions-ending/

How is bungie so bad at making money

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

OgNar posted:

JFC, its a 20mb installation.

Yeah it turns out games dont have to be more than 200mb if you're good at your job, disregarding textures

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

How is bungie so bad at making money

1. Make a game that millions of players enjoy
2. Implement changes based on the feedback of a handful of professional YouTubers
3. ????
4. Profit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ghostwire Tokyo today, hey that's not a bad one.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Hopefully they're getting the repeats out of the way early!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Epic saves a bunch of money by not actually giving any games away since everyone already has them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Edition

Merry Chis

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Oh nice, I've been eyeing Outer Worlds. Has anyone played the Spacer's Choice edition? I heard it was kind of crappy (performs worse than the original edition without looking better apparently) but I also heard they'd patched it so it's ok now

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Is that the good one or the bad one?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Lib and let die posted:

Is that the good one or the bad one?

Bad one.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:cheers:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It was a decent ~20hr playthrough and better than starfield imo

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wrote a lot of words back in 2019 but the base game for the outer worlds was 3/5 at best. painfully average with no soul

idk if this version made it any better or not

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it's worth playing the beginning of the game. They did the thing where they put a bunch of effort into the part of the game that games journalists would play in their preview, so there's some depth to the first world you start on. Everything after that seems like it's a movie set where there's nothing behind the facade of anything.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

acumen posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

acumen posted:

this is my take but also it's like saying "better than fallout 4 2"