Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Beached Whale posted:

Is this the Tesla full self driving or your average cybertruck punter

https://i.imgur.com/BID232o.mp4

That's just how people drive now. I see that nearly every day :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

moist turtleneck posted:

hoping for an over the air update on the left_is_right_blinker package for the infotainment center sirsir

they could've very easily designed it to autocorrect if your direction of travel doesn't match the turn signal
there's cars that'll mechanically drop the blinker activation if you steer into them, it'd be dumb easy to do with drive by wire

having one signal direction be harder to reach and require a different movement from the other is terrible loving design lol,
stalk blinker there's no hand position where you can turn on one direction but not the other, the inputs are equal motions in opposing directions

with a wheel button there's several hand positions where you can only reach one or the other, you can't tell if you mistake an input easily at all because they're both identical and there's no tactile feedback for if it's active or not like there is with a stalk blinker

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
counterpoint the buttons are probably a couple bucks cheaper than a stalk, and stalks are ftl, so

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

FirstnameLastname posted:

they could've very easily designed it to autocorrect if your direction of travel doesn't match the turn signal
there's cars that'll mechanically drop the blinker activation if you steer into them, it'd be dumb easy to do with drive by wire

having one signal direction be harder to reach and require a different movement from the other is terrible loving design lol,
stalk blinker there's no hand position where you can turn on one direction but not the other, the inputs are equal motions in opposing directions

with a wheel button there's several hand positions where you can only reach one or the other, you can't tell if you mistake an input easily at all because they're both identical and there's no tactile feedback for if it's active or not like there is with a stalk blinker

Top button on the left side = go right. What's hard to understand?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

LGD posted:

Canada is in Europe now?

yeah bro i dont know where you've been

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

manly men that drive the cybertruck felt uncomfortable grabbing the stalk

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

spanky the dolphin posted:

all user input is error

I really went down the rabbit hole with this stupid thing where the shifters are buttons on the wheel, which is actually a "yoke" that's harder to drive because the form factor prevents you from doing hand over hand turns. The whole purpose of the change was so that it didn't block the screen but I think anyone who follows this stuff knows deep down this came from a ketamine fueled flight simulator session Musk was having. You can buy a replacement wheel for $700 that is actually functional, a giant brain move from Elon to siphon more money from the pay piggies that buy his cars.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-s_x-steering-wheel-retrofit

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

the milk machine posted:

counterpoint the buttons are probably a couple bucks cheaper than a stalk, and stalks are ftl, so

This is a general car thing that I still have a hard time wrapping my head around. The idea that a giant touchscreen to replace all media and HVAC controls is cheaper simply because there are less parts.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is a general car thing that I still have a hard time wrapping my head around. The idea that a giant touchscreen to replace all media and HVAC controls is cheaper simply because there are less parts.

ease of manufacturing is a factor, too. switches have to be designed and spec'ed and sourced and installed and connected individually versus gluing in an aliexpress tablet and plugging in a usb cable or w/e

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Circle Nine posted:

also apparently this is in europe. isn't the cybertruck not street legal at all in europe and the uk or w/o a special license for heavier vehicles?

what are you some kind of wokey? you can just ignore invalid laws and rules

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

LGD posted:

Canada is in Europe now?

They speak French there, don’t they?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

spanky the dolphin posted:

Top button on the left side = go right. What's hard to understand?

it's so dumb lol

with the control on the stalk and control itself being vertical movement, the inputs follow the direction your left hand moves on the wheel when you steer, immediately intuitive, symmetrical control requirements for either direction, no eyes needed, can easily control it without having your hand already on the wheel

wheel button means asymmetrical input requirements and the inputs are both identical lateral presses but one requires shifting your grip and you can also easily hit the other one at the same time, or when retracting your finger

ive never designed a steering wheel and that's like immediately obvious to me just going through the operating motions in my head

elon musk owned and totaled a McLaren F1 but can't understand the basic reasons the essential controls for cars are normally arranged the way they are & thinks they can be harmlessly moved around like desktop icons
and hes right

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
quebec is basically france and ontario is next to quebec so i feel it's fair

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

FirstnameLastname posted:

it's so dumb lol
[...]
and hes right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Look, you can't argue. The man is ftw.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

leftist heap posted:

all cars should look as stupid as possible so people don't think they're cool or good

sadly under capitalism everything must always look extremely cool so that the number goes up

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Follow me into the hyper loop!
Yo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*reading pre Bronze age collapse accounting records* yo this fucks

Morbus
May 18, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

boers d’vorces

lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
sure, the odyssey and Iliad are good but have u read the complaint tablet to ea-nasir?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anything funny or actionable happen today gamers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Schmoe Cwead posted:

sure, the odyssey and Iliad are good but have u read the complaint tablet to ea-nasir?

ea-nasir went woke

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This thread has become an insular chat thread hostile to outsiders. Misspellings of Elons name are common spam posts, along with !, mad?, and you won't care. This thread should be moved to CCCC.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

This thread has become an insular chat thread hostile to outsiders. Misspellings of Elons name are common spam posts, along with !, mad?, and you won't care. This thread should be moved to CCCC.

very well

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

titty_baby_ posted:

concerning

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mola Yam posted:

isn't oliver's wife his cia handler or something
everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress my cia handler. buddy,

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if you mean specifically about elon? well, this is elon-adjacent and very funny imo:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1738227728162439371

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mola Yam posted:

isn't oliver's wife his cia handler or something

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

today's wordle is "touch"

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

something the elon haters will never experience from a beautiful bazinga babe from the magazines

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rudeboy Detective posted:

today's wordle is "touch"

Thanks but I already got it.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

withak posted:

Thanks but I already got it.

you're nobody's fool

you're a winner

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr Interweb posted:

if you mean specifically about elon? well, this is elon-adjacent and very funny imo:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1738227728162439371

who is the logan paul guy with the bad haircut

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a.lo posted:

some chud mma guy

i never heard of him either

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

a.lo posted:

Iirc he's started off as a famous youtuber with his brother and they did things like touring the suicide forest in Japan and getting ripped off on pokemon cards

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

titty_baby_ posted:

Iirc he's started off as a famous youtuber with his brother and they did things like touring the suicide forest in Japan and getting ripped off on pokemon cards

Huh?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a.lo posted:

he's an influencer

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Beached Whale posted:

Is this the Tesla full self driving or your average cybertruck punter

https://i.imgur.com/BID232o.mp4

Based, it saved that person from almost going to Boul des Sources