Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Lindsay Ellis has posted to YouTube for the first time in 2 years! A trailer for a full video on Nebula which I should really get on with signing up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YahXk64sfvI

I just finished it.

It's an amazingly deep dive into the nature of celebrity, The Beatles, personal agency within that celebrity, and a lot of surprising through lines into the past and the modern day.

Really wasn't expecting where it would end up going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does she mention Revolution 9?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Endorph posted:

thats your response to me being accused of the poo poo that destroyed my family? lmfao

Endorph posted:

'oh, you're both being big meanies right now, uwu...'

It's more like "You're both saying heinous poo poo right now about each other on a personal level." I'd agree Grassy Knowles is dying on a massively douchey hill over something she made a lot of lovely assumptions about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grassy Knowles posted:

You are incapable of understanding 1. that soliciting donations dishonestly is a moral issue, buying crack is not and 2. that I am in no way defending keffals here.

Why are you so desperate to separate the "Donations spent on things that weren't what the donations were stated to be for" from this? Like you're seem to be splitting a hair that shouldn't to try and make an argument against a point no one is making.

No one is saying she's morally bad for buying drugs it's that she used the donations that were asked for and meant for a specific thing on drugs. If she had bought 100k worth of yugioh cards I'd also call that a moral failing.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's more like "You're both saying heinous poo poo right now about each other on a personal level." I'd agree Grassy Knowles is dying on a massively douchey hill over something she made a lot of lovely assumptions about.

Also this is pathetic poo poo Mod. Trying to cast them both as bad when the entire deal was Grassy not knowing what they were talking about and ignoring half of every post to frame it as saying something it wasn't to get mad at.

Yeah of course people are gonna bristle at someone very stupidly yelling at them for saying something they clearly did not.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 23, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will continue to use youtube for its intended purpose which is the world's most Italian man yelling at Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHI8gVKUgs&t=69s

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I will continue to use youtube for its intended purpose which is the world's most Italian man yelling at Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments

When my friends and I play yugioh I am constantly screaming "FAHFAH PLAYAROUNDNIBURU" like he does for Nadhir's match

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't realize that I hadn't lived until I heard someone yell "BARRONE DE FLEUR" in a thick Italian accent

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I am an addict in recovery who was asking for sympathy when I was a little grossed out by language and then the response offended me further. I myself have ‘died’ before. I am not speaking without stake.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Last thing I heard about keffals was that she needed to mute her mic and take a "slur break" when talking about hasan.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Does she mention Revolution 9?

Yes, in passing.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

Last thing I heard about keffals was that she needed to mute her mic and take a "slur break" when talking about hasan.

lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kim Justice posted:

We've all had to take slur breaks.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also this is pathetic poo poo Mod. Trying to cast them both as bad when the entire deal was Grassy not knowing what they were talking about and ignoring half of every post to frame it as saying something it wasn't to get mad at.

Yeah of course people are gonna bristle at someone very stupidly yelling at them for saying something they clearly did not.

I don't think they're objectively equally bad, so I am sorry for coming off like I think this is a "both sides" situation. I was wrapping up work and posting fast so that came off more dismissive than it should have. I don't think that Endorph's upset posts warrant any kind of mod action because I do get why she got mad. I was just trying to find a way to ask for that particular exchange to stop because I think "cool off" probes over really personal outbursts suck.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://youtu.be/qwQLk7NcpO4?si=4Tr_yM4V3Df-gcuL

this but slurs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Taking some personal time to walk around in the woods and letting out a string of slurs in the majesty of undisturbed nature.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

I am an addict in recovery who was asking for sympathy when I was a little grossed out by language and then the response offended me further. I myself have ‘died’ before. I am not speaking without stake.

You're still not speaking about anything anyone actually implied or said. You're getting mad at things you made up in your head that people meant and then accusing others of not caring about other people because of it.

Just stop posting for a bit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Slurcatation.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't think they're objectively equally bad, so I am sorry for coming off like I think this is a "both sides" situation. I was wrapping up work and posting fast so that came off more dismissive than it should have. I don't think that Endorph's upset posts warrant any kind of mod action because I do get why she got mad. I was just trying to find a way to ask for that particular exchange to stop because I think "cool off" probes over really personal outbursts suck.

Maybe actually moderate the poster that caused it and is still doubling down before commenting on Endorph's posts tone next time.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We've all had to take slur breaks.

This reminds me of my favorite dumb joke chat makes when watching a PUBG streamer, if they're going across the same bridge where Pewdiepie had his Gamer Moment. People will say stuff like "phew" "close one" after they cross the bridge without incident.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kim Justice posted:

maybe she meant slurry break.

gotta slurry it up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you shouldnt buy crack imo

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

trilobite terror posted:

“Breadtube” is like a much worse version of “woke”, where it briefly used to refer to a very specific kind of explicitly leftwing, explicitly anticapitalist video essayist, usually with a philosophy or theory background/focus; and now it gets applied to any channel that does any kind of overt pushback or debunking of right wing horseshit regardless of its other/main area.

LGBTQ person who isn’t doing a makeup tutorial? Breadtube. Pat Finnerty or Todd in the Shadows made a video about how Kid Rock or Jason Aldean songs suck poo poo? They’re Breadtube now. Car/motorcycle YouTuber doesn’t have a Trump flag hanging in their garage and/or makes a comment showing that they might dislike cops? That’s a Breadtuber.

This helped me out so much, I was wondering about that. I was thinking it was even more broader into just "researched video essay" but this is a great call and a good point.

Also thanks to the board for pointing me at people like idubbz for good apologies. Something tells me he no longer needs to mute his mike to do a slur break.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I’d like to apologize if my earlier joke was in poor taste, to be clear it was making fun of the absurdity of using money that was donated to you as part of a defense fund on something as comically extravagant as crack rather than making fun of people who are addicted to drugs. The former is funny, the latter is sad, at least in my opinion. Nobody actually said anything about it but I’m always worried whenever there’s a possibility that my posts will make people feel bad rather than making people feel good, which in my opinion should be the goal of all forum posts.

In more on-topic discussion, we have exactly one more week of regular Tom Scott uploads before he goes into semi-retirement from YouTube. It’s a shame, really. His videos are of such high quality and incredible variety that it honestly astounds me that they exist. Even with sponsorships, I can’t believe they make enough money to justify their own existence. I hope this Monday’s upload isn’t the last we’ll see of him.

mycophobia posted:

you shouldnt buy crack imo

What a deceptively uncontroversial-seeming statement!

Ariong fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 23, 2023

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Kim Justice posted:

:wtf:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

christ almighty

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cicadalek posted:

This reminds me of my favorite dumb joke chat makes when watching a PUBG streamer, if they're going across the same bridge where Pewdiepie had his Gamer Moment. People will say stuff like "phew" "close one" after they cross the bridge without incident.

lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

Lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZE9kC__9U
Allison and Phelan watch a bizarre Christmas movie that's part of a spin off Air Bud universe where all dogs can talk? Also I don't know if it is an inside joke but I'm not sure why they say that George Newbern has only been in Theodore Rex and this one.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

NileRed made some purple gold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Pcp944sRI

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fil5000 posted:

Huh. I didn't realise she'd a) done anything wrong or b) apologised, I think largely because the last time she was relevant to anything was back in about 2012. But look at that, it's been three years and she's not attempted a comeback or updated her channel or any social media.
I don't think she was ever cancelled so much as that she was already half-retired from youtube and wanted to fully close the book on it.
She mostly seemed to realize some jokes and takes didn't age well, said sorry for them if they hurt people and left the platform with 95% of her back catalogue intact for people to look back on/rewatch when they want.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm sorry that both Grassy Knowles and Endorph had their lives harmed by the effects of drug abuse, to themselves or their loved ones respectively.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Kim Justice posted:

Lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Replacing nap time with slur breaks to try and get the kindergarteners to calm down

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DynoWarz: Destruction of Spondylus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

DynoWarz: Destruction of Spondylus

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What the gently caress is going on?. This is the only exposure I've ever had to yughiho outside of seeing it on the shelf at the store.

I am confused and angry, for some reason?
Is this what youtube is for?

Merry Christmas

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

B33rChiller posted:

What the gently caress is going on?. This is the only exposure I've ever had to yughiho outside of seeing it on the shelf at the store.

Merry Christmas

The YuGiOh switch game is pretty fun. It follows the TV show so I still haven’t gotten to the point where the game gets incomprehensible. I just finished all of series one. It’s nice to pick up for a few hours every couple months or so.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

B33rChiller posted:

Merry Christmas

All you really need to know is you can play Pot of Greed to draw two additional cards from your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Kim Justice posted:

I watched some of her recent stream clips out of curiosity, and she comes across as so bitter and abrasive now. She reacted to hoots’ dirtbag left video, but I couldn’t finish it because it was clear keffals was just mad that a video essayist dared criticize lefty streamers. Zero good faith engagement, just pathetic mean girl insults and assumptions.