Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

on planet good podcasts, on his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Jerusalem posted:

Had to laugh that apparently Dave wanted to do the show so early the one week Bryan wasn't there that the West Coast feed of Raw hadn't even finished airing yet :lol:

I honestly respect it, because this early episode with Garrett and Dave has more energy and the classic Dave takes compared to the usual Bryan and Dave where he just goes down a checklist.

"Ratings Report Dave"
"Oh. (shuffles papers"
"So raw was up against Monday Night Football and uh..."

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
bix said what

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I honestly respect it, because this early episode with Garrett and Dave has more energy and the classic Dave takes compared to the usual Bryan and Dave where he just goes down a checklist.

"Ratings Report Dave"
"Oh. (shuffles papers"
"So raw was up against Monday Night Football and uh..."

That's the funny part! Bryan WANTS to do the shows earlier and every time they actually do he's far more engaged and contributes more. Dave is usually the one who insists they do them ridiculously late, leading to a tired Bryan who just wants to get them over with so he can get 3 hours sleep before his tiny children wake up and need to be looked after. Dave IMMEDIATELY doing one of those earlier shows when Bryan isn't there cracks me up.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
bryan figures if people care what he thinks theyll listen to b&v or wol so he cruises through wors, garrett knows no one listens to fight game whatever the name is so he puts in effort for the dave show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I will never listen to a Garrett show and I’m not about to start

Bryan’s vacation has tremendously devalued my observer sub this week

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

bryan figures if people care what he thinks theyll listen to b&v or wol so he cruises through wors, garrett knows no one listens to fight game whatever the name is so he puts in effort for the dave show

Bang on

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Based Garrett

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Based Garrett

based on what?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

“so let’s talk about this RAW Show…”

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Jim Valley talks about his health condition and the importance of telling people that his podcast is good. IT IS! Jim's a good listen.
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1737504698234728710

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"How big is this week's Observer going to be"
"Well, now that we aren't printing it anymore, there's no limit to how long it has to be."
" Oh no"

:allears:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
After all these years we are finally getting Dave unfiltered in print form.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Amazing show.

<Dave talking about WBD>
Jim Valley: "Keep talking I have to let my cat in."
Dave: [brief pause] <Keeps talking about WBD>
Cat in the background "Meow."
Dave: <Keeps talking uninterrupted about WBD>

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Amazing show.

<Dave talking about WBD>
Jim Valley: "Keep talking I have to let my cat in."
Dave: [brief pause] <Keeps talking about WBD>
Cat in the background "Meow."
Dave: <Keeps talking uninterrupted about WBD>

I was 100% expecting Jim's interruption to short circuit Dave, resulting in dead air until Jim got back.

e: just got to ratings chat. Dave is blown away by last Saturday's UFC rating on ESPN2. There was an FCS college football semifinal lead-in that went to 2OT. I wonder how much that might've affected ratings.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 21, 2023

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did he say anything actually important about WBD?

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Did he say anything actually important about WBD?

Not really, no.

He just said that he doesn't expect the Paramount and WBD proposed merger to effect anything regards to AEW or WWE. Then just the same talking point of the last while that talks with WBD and WWE were 100% dead in October, they aren't 100% dead now and whatever will happen next year will be interesting.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1737...-jacob-fatu-bro

This is what Dave's sales skills achieved.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good to see the WWE settlement money still being used for sleaze

Wait no that isn't good

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
TNA dodges another bullet!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lol at bryan stiffing craig for work hed done on his house, wish theyd buried him more on that show

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

fuckin Lance Storm again. Soh-rry, Lance, but no one wants cownt-oots in the Continental Classic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“The lance and Vinny show”

never clicked away so fast

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

“The lance and Vinny show”

never clicked away so fast

The Lance and Craig Show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lance and Craig and Semp

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So what is Lance's argument for why a round robin tournament needs count-out finishes?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Terminal case of TNA brain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Drakkel posted:

So what is Lance's argument for why a round robin tournament needs count-out finishes?

It wasn’t that it NEEDS them, it was that a tournament advertised as being all about the wrestling doesn’t need every match to have a 2 minute brawling segment outside while the announcers say well actually it’s okay the refs discretion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

outside brawls are cool

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

He just is unable to suspend his disbelief, because the referee's discretion shouldn't be allowed when it affects the round robin scoring.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you tell people something minor can happen and it doesn’t after 20 times, why bother mentioning it?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

yea ok posted:

It wasn’t that it NEEDS them, it was that a tournament advertised as being all about the wrestling doesn’t need every match to have a 2 minute brawling segment outside while the announcers say well actually it’s okay the refs discretion.

Can't think of a single G1 or D-OH or other Japanese Round Robin tournament that doesn't feature these type of segments. They rock.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1738012983794802930?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fez_machine posted:

Can't think of a single G1 or D-OH or other Japanese Round Robin tournament that doesn't feature these type of segments. They rock.

yea i dont agree with his complaint it just had a little more juice to it than "Lance Needs Count Outs"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Countouts are a story trope to start looking into by like, C2-4

No need to worry about or emphasize them in the very first one

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Brawling through the gate and just beating the count back when Yano sticky taped you to something even though you know there won't be a count out is a proud G1 tradition.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lance and Craig and Semp

This is literally my dream show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

NienNunb posted:

This is literally my dream show

sicko poo poo

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

algebra testes posted:

Brawling through the gate and just beating the count back when Yano sticky taped you to something even though you know there won't be a count out is a proud G1 tradition.
Yano wins at least one match by countout in nearly every G1 he's been in; he was Moxley's first loss in 2019 after Mox beat Taichi, Cobb, Ishii, Shingo, and Naito. He's also lost multiple G1 matches by countout after his sublime master plans backfire. There have also been a number of countouts/double countouts in the G1 in recent years. They have the flexibility to get a little weirder with the tournaments since they've got both more matches and more tournaments than AEW, but the threat of losing points to Yano and his tape are real in the G1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vints and lants