Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Same as it ever was. Every couple of weeks. I give up.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I can't speak for anyone else but I've worked with enough incompetent people to take your posts at face value. nothing he's done that I couldn't see former coworkers doing.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

I can't speak for anyone else but I've worked with enough incompetent people to take your posts at face value. nothing he's done that I couldn't see former coworkers doing.

Yeah. I dunno man. Some people are just lucky I guess.

Edit: Or they're the incompetent coworker I guess.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 18, 2023

Ass-penny

I have some shows I want to go to in the first quarter next year, and I have to put some money into my shite car too, so I dunno maybe I will work a few more weeks here even though I just got that holiday bonus. I have such a hard time looking for gigs whilst employed and this place feels like it's suffocating me. I really need to not be here soon.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
looking for a job is terrible, but working is terrible...:smith:

I WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB AND THEN I FOUND A JOOOOOB
AND HEAVEN KNOWWWWS IM MISERABLE NOWWWWWW

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Sarah Cenia posted:

looking for a job is terrible, but working is terrible...:smith:

I WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB AND THEN I FOUND A JOOOOOB
AND HEAVEN KNOWWWWS IM MISERABLE NOWWWWWW

why do i spend valuable time on ppl i'd much rather kick in the eye :argh:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got another promotion and it's good because it's different but similar work and I have more ability to shield my employees from stupid poo poo which is good for me and them.

I would like to continue failing upward so I can build on the movement to unionize and sponsor them for it. Because there needs to be a union.

Farecoal

There he go
If I wasn't such an antisocial sack I would love to try to unionize my workplace and then get fired or even disappeared depending on how successful I was

cute anime girl

doing what the kids call a "Jimmy Hoffa"

Dukes Mayo Clinic
if all goes according to plan I will be starting at a unionized computertouching job in January.

:stoked:

Ass-penny

someone got fired here in the summer "because it's slow" but it was also definitely because she wanted the workplace to be better for us than it is. we definitely weren't throwing around the u word at work but we'd agreed on a meetup with some four or five of us. she still hosted the meeting even though she was fired before we actually got together. nothing came of that meeting, our supervisors will definitely fire us all if we started taking organization seriously. employers are the absolute worst, just scum of the earth. death to all bosses.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
ok my boss brought tacos today for all of us today,,, they were gently goading me into trying the hot, hot sauce; I'm a total total wimp and blanco. I MEAN IT'S FINE AT FIRST but then oh my GAWD it kicks it kicks the end of my tounge is burning pleas ehelp

Ass-penny

RIP in picante you are tongue

xcheopis

Today is Homeless Persons' Memorial Day. Alameda County Health Care for the Homeless hosted an event, so I made sure to get up out of my sickbed to attend (it was on Zoom). It was distressing, of course, for a variety of reason. However, I had been in contact with the family of the unsheltered man I knew who died alone on the street earlier this year and so they were able to attend and a nephew was invited to speak. Very bittersweet.

Speakers were mainly people who provide service and care to homeless people, include a medical director who was literally in the act of getting a woman a place inside (like, only gone for two minutes) when she died. Difficult stuff to process. I'm proud to know and work with such caring and dedicated people. If only we weren't necessary.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

Roused myself to email thanks to ACHCH folks for their hosting of the event.
I'll probably be back at work next week, since I'm all out of PTO and there is sooo much work piled up right now!
One of our management team people is an infuriating jackass who insists on inserting themselves into areas in which they lack knowledge and experience and then everything bogs down while they do things like re-state the obvious (think: "have the finance people tried this thing I heard about called 'double-entry bookkeeping'?" level of stupidly obvious) or harass someone who doesn't actually work in a specific role on why things in that specific role aren't being done in the way this person wants them to be done (which are, of course, quite quite wrong). It's gotta be exhausting to deal with but, luckily, they mostly ignore me or complain to my boss that I'm not getting work done because I've been away from my desk for 15 minutes discussing vaccine delivery logistics with people in a different office.
I think everyone is hoping they'll just disappear one day and none of us will ask many questions should that happen.

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
FIND OUT NEXT WEEK IF I GET PROMOTED

xcheopis

w4ddl3d33 posted:

FIND OUT NEXT WEEK IF I GET PROMOTED

Good luck!!!

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
the way promotions/internal movement works in my company is that jobs are posted on an internal board to peruse, then you interview like normal, so i've basically just had four interviews with people i chill with in the lunch room. i got through every single stage with ease and i'm the only applicant so it's a no brainer babey!!!

xcheopis

w4ddl3d33 posted:

the way promotions/internal movement works in my company is that jobs are posted on an internal board to peruse, then you interview like normal, so i've basically just had four interviews with people i chill with in the lunch room. i got through every single stage with ease and i'm the only applicant so it's a no brainer babey!!!

Another successful BYOB project!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
today was my dispo's greebmas potluck. i had lil smokies, a croissant, and some mashed taters for lunch. nothing tastes as good as a free meal prepared by ur coworkers :cloudnine::hf::yum:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I don't think I will ever forget the mental image/scene while working tn, looking over and seeing 4 cooks on line just very loudly singing and in harmony to the song about sucking dick :mmmhmm::neckbeard:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
ok wow also apparently two cooks and a mngr had to step up front and "de-escalate" a situation bcz some dude at the bar said something about another patron's daughter annnnnd if our staff hadn't have stepped in everyone else present would have jumped him :| apparently it was something so vile that like no one wanted to even repeat it; what a piece of poo poo

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
"We are excited to announce that we have developed a new company values statement. We are not going to announce what those values are at this time."

This bodes well...

Ass-penny

Buttchocks posted:

"We are excited to announce that we have developed a new company values statement. We are not going to announce what those values are at this time."

This bodes well...

our company values are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know

be glad, the last person who needed to know got fitted for a pair of cement shoes and given a tour of the river

Ass-penny

SIMPLY HAVING a workday

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

SIMPLY HAVING a workday

do you do masks for a living?

Ass-penny

Helluva posted:

do you do masks for a living?

more like person sized Halloween props. haunted houses, escape rooms, some like fun-houses at theme parks buy our stuff. I probably won't work here a lot longer because the management is bad and evidently the commute is driving me insane.

xcheopis

Mate, I love you; you're the best and I am so so glad you transferred over here. Seriously, data work is better for you being here and we are all delighted to work with you.
Never use this language with me ever again.

quote:

let's congress to deliberate on the issues

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

more like person sized Halloween props. haunted houses, escape rooms, some like fun-houses at theme parks buy our stuff. I probably won't work here a lot longer because the management is bad and evidently the commute is driving me insane.

Sorry to hear that, sometimes bad management turns fun jobs into :supaburn:

Ass-penny

I don't believe I said it was fun and if I did I was sorely mistaken

BlueBlazer
I do love some good EOY bookkeeping.

Smokin a blunt, sipping a scotch, sending 1099 requests.

xcheopis

How the gently caress do you just walk past someone who is pleading for some water? What the gently caress. loving. Just. gently caress

xcheopis

BlueBlazer posted:

Kinda miss my accounting clerk days.

Ass-penny

BlueBlazer posted:

how do you get that job?

paint me like one of your French corpses

Ass-penny

the person I work most closely with took the airbrush I had been using earlier, which is no problem. he left paint on it when he went on break later though and when I called him out on it he was just like "oh yeah I did that," bitch, pretend to be sorry. I spent like 30 minutes cleaning gunked up paint out of the fuckin thing this morning so it would spray good and this is how you treat our equipment? gently caress this place

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Guys who sit across from me are still being weirdos. Recent topics of their conversations include comments on the sex lives of older women, the one dude's ex, and crypto.

I am a patient they.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
gross.

but, happy friday errbody!

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ass-penny

I think I'm submitting my two weeks when I get in today. I don't have a plan yet for other work but I've some savings and I'm pretty sure my old boss will set me up some hours if the job hunt goes poorly

Ass-penny

just told the big man.
gently caress a dang job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

just told the big man.
gently caress a dang job

:nice: