Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

yeah i actually liked the idea. it was kinda cool to see that "what if jurassic park didn't break before it opened" realized. ultimately movie wasn't very good but it was definitely fun

And it's still keeping on the theme of hubris. JP1 failed because of the easy stuff. JW is what happened when they took more care in handling the easy stuff and to not have as many carnivores, and they managed to get it open and keep it open for a couple years (?), but then they got greedy and arrogant and complacent thinking they could not only have large carnivores, but a totally new species bred to be as dangerous as possible for marketing reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

And it's still keeping on the theme of hubris. JP1 failed because of the easy stuff. JW is what happened when they took more care in handling the easy stuff and to not have as many carnivores, and they managed to get it open and keep it open for a couple years (?), but then they got greedy and arrogant and complacent thinking they could not only have large carnivores, but a totally new species bred to be as dangerous as possible for marketing reasons.
the plot was incoherent but wasn't it because they were raking in govt MIC profits to secretly develop a superdinokilla9999 for the military?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I remain unconvinced that they didn't insert the sound from a carnival prize game toy for that effect.

they literally edited in a slide whistle sound effect when he slips on the hill in the rain later lol

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
The lesson of Barbie is that dudes rocking rocks so hard that the women who run the matriarchy utopia are immediately rocked so hard by the dudes rocking that they consent to build a patriarchy so that rocking by the dudes, for the dudes, and through the dudes shall not perish from Barbieland

And the only thing that haters could do to stop it is literally introduce war, which was unknown in Barbieland until Barbie (Eve/Pandora) unleashed it upon dudes

So in a way, she really had become death destroyer of worlds

It really makes u think

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I just like ryan gosling

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Thoughts on lars and the real girl? I watched it recently and I thought it held up a lot more than I expected despite the corniness of the ending

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Greg12 posted:

The lesson of Barbie is that dudes rocking rocks so hard that the women who run the matriarchy utopia are immediately rocked so hard by the dudes rocking that they consent to build a patriarchy so that rocking by the dudes, for the dudes, and through the dudes shall not perish from Barbieland

And the only thing that haters could do to stop it is literally introduce war, which was unknown in Barbieland until Barbie (Eve/Pandora) unleashed it upon dudes

So in a way, she really had become death destroyer of worlds

It really makes u think

I like how all the Kens beat each other up until they forgot why they were doing it and started dancing

The dudes abide

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xaris posted:

the plot was incoherent but wasn't it because they were raking in govt MIC profits to secretly develop a superdinokilla9999 for the military?
not superdinokilla9999 but superkilladino9999. please don't comment on a movie if you didn't even grasp the basics.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I like how all the Kens beat each other up until they forgot why they were doing it and started dancing

The dudes abide

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

Well I don’t!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Well I don’t!

you're just jealous he's a better dancer than you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

takes a punch like a champ

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

you're just jealous he's a better dancer than you

only because he learned it from the DEVIL

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I just cannot suspend my disbelief at the running “Dino-MIC” plotline of the Jurassic sequels. They’re not Godzilla, they’re just dumb animals made of flesh, they are literally more vulnerable to bullets than a modern soldier. Like worrying about lion and elephant navy seals.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

galagazombie posted:

I just cannot suspend my disbelief at the running “Dino-MIC” plotline of the Jurassic sequels. They’re not Godzilla, they’re just dumb animals made of flesh, they are literally more vulnerable to bullets than a modern soldier. Like worrying about lion and elephant navy seals.

That's by far the most realistic part

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Buck Wildman posted:

my favorite scene in jurassic park is newman trolling the corporate espionage guy in the beginning

he deserved it he was a pedo IRL

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

if I saw a triceratops coming my way I'd just say gently caress it the marines can have this shithole

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
if they had just let snyder make a star war would it have been better or worse than rebel moon

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It would have been exactly Rebel Moon, even the same title

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

I just like ryan gosling

the very first time i saw ryan gosling was in 1993 on are you afraid of the dark with gilbert goffrey and have lliked gosling every since

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ve7ro

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is rebel moon any good or is it more Snyder super dark Green screen stuff

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's by far the most realistic part

No not that I can’t believe that the MIC would’ve that stupid/greedy to sell something useless, cause I can. It’s that the narrative treats it as anything but. “Military Dinos” are treated as something nefarious and effective that must be stopped rather than as corporate grift.

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
If you think Ryan Gosling is great now just wait till he becomes a full grown Goose!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Buck Wildman posted:

if I saw a triceratops coming my way I'd just say gently caress it the marines can have this shithole

i would pet it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HootTheOwl posted:

Is rebel moon any good or is it more Snyder super dark Green screen stuff

it's not super dark at least

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

When this first debuted didn't people say that copyright issues aside the movie sucked?

but enough about winnie the pooh blood and honey

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

oh also it makes sense that Newman would set the entire park's computer system up with an insane bespoke vectorgrafx unix distro, because his plan revolves around him being the only IT guy at the park and nobody else knowing how to use his poo poo

we've been over this but Hammond probably shouldn't have spared the expense of hiring a second IT guy, maybe even a third

spending billions of dollars cloning dinosaurs only to halfass the it system with a single nepotism hire sounds pretty onbrand for capitalism tho

fake edit huh so nedry isnt actually related to hammond in any way ive just been assuming he was all these years because "youre a grown man you can deal with your own problems" is a hell of a thing to say to a guy who complains correctly that hes being underpaid if he wasnt given the job as a favor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

your own article literally says it was never finished and is mostly known for having appeared in Jurassic Park lmao

still smdh that the turboexpress never took off in the united states after its appearance in the hit film enemy of the state as a vidja game machine with game cards that could be plausibly mistaken for then contemporary camera cards

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

galagazombie posted:

No not that I can’t believe that the MIC would’ve that stupid/greedy to sell something useless, cause I can. It’s that the narrative treats it as anything but. “Military Dinos” are treated as something nefarious and effective that must be stopped rather than as corporate grift.
It's a sillier Resident Evil.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Just watched Rebel Moon and feel like watching a baby movie would've been more intellectually stimulating. The politics of it are submental. I don't think Zack Snyder even knows what kings and queens are, he just knows that they're supposed to be the people in charge of countries.

e: obviously I do recommend seeing it. it's the perfect time for it to drop while "plagiarism" is a hot topic online too, because you can see what they ripped off from for every single scene. It's like 6 different movies and IP all running in the same script. It's Star Wars, and John Carter of Mars, and Warhammer 40k, and Seven Samurai, and Game of Thrones, and I, Robot!, and the list goes on and on. There's an entire scene that's just the Star Wars cantina scene, only it's way more lame and the action sucks. Watch it now!

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 11:20 on Dec 23, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just watched Rebel Moon and feel like watching a baby movie would've been more intellectually stimulating. The politics of it are submental. I don't think Zack Snyder even knows what kings and queens are, he just knows that they're supposed to be the people in charge of countries.

clearly you just gotta wait for the 4 hour snydercut for it to be good

i was actually kinda interested in it when the trailer came out last year or w/e. sad that it sucks but not surprising

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

your mistake was watching a movie when you should have been reading the grundisse

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Whose the writer for Rebel Moon? Feels like Snyder based on its plot being like the extended sentence of a particularly imaginative 10 year old.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Three writers, including Zack Snyder, and it's his concept.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I love Kojima reviews so much

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1738484351908958391?t=UGYRUr8BWceGBR9oedj3MQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

You know it cuts like a knife because he's from the school of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." Always funny when he tweets, like, "saw the Marvels" and that's all.